* Franchise NHL

Author Topic: Franchise NHL - Questions Section  (Read 89956 times)

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
Re: Franchise NHL - Questions Section
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2013, 01:37:37 PM »
I agree with joeshome here. I don't want a team to lose (like it almost happened last season) a player like Nugent-Hopkins because a GM went inactive. I think there has to be an appropriate process for when a player reaches 40 games.

The first thing that needs to be done is check the GMs activity (have logged into ProFSL in last two weeks). If inactive, PM that GM and release them if no response.

If they have logged in, have a warning system. Happens and isn't fixed, warning. Then per 2 day periods after that release of draft picks (for that GM). After failing to make any move after this 1 week period (either release or sign prospect), that GM is released.

But with that being said in Backyard we do this with prospects:
http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=15470.0 (check section E)
I don't have any violations as all of the GMs are active in Backyard and there are less people.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Offline PsychoticPondGoons

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :BAL-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :NYY:
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2013, 05:30:38 PM »
What I do care to see is that when owners do become truly MIA that those teams aren't destroyed for years to come.  It isn't about those who are active but those who aren't.  And seeing how this door has x number of teams controlled by management it is an issue as clearly the proof is there to see.

What happened in the past is exactly as I refer to it.  Teams were destroyed by bad managers.  I care for parity and this has been lost in the process.  You can't mitigate people leaving the league by creating a league with a lot of work involved.

Furthermore, you cannot disagree that finding a free agent is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.  It is impossible to do without setting aside serious time to look through league files and figure out where a guy actually is.

Boston is the original commissioner from what I can see.
Joe is claiming a team is destroyed for years to come if they are inactive.
From what I've read that problem has been addressed with the league commissioners assuming control of the team until new owners can be found.

So what's the problem? I don't understand what concern you are raising Boston?

Once again, correct me if I am mistaken but if a GM is active they can manage their own MiLR otherwise if they are suddenly inactive for a significant amount of time the team gets run by the commissioners until new ownership is in place like the Phoenix Coyotes of the NHL. Pretty simple!

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
PPG's Theme Song EC Lucky X - Welcome Spring2020
PPG's Chill Vibes Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Live to brawl. - J.Yablonski
"I don't like to hurt people. Sometimes I just can't help it." - George Steinbrenner :NYY:

23-24 FNHL Champion TBD will win the  $530.00 PAYOUT!

Best Fantasy Hockey League (25$ returning team fee 2024-25):
FNHL TEAMS FOR SALE!
:Commish: *** :CAR-NHL: HURRICANES :CAR-NHL: *** :Commish:

Offline PsychoticPondGoons

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :BAL-NFL:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :NYY:
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2013, 05:35:53 PM »

But with that being said in Backyard we do this with prospects:
http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=15470.0 (check section E)
I don't have any violations as all of the GMs are active in Backyard and there are less people.

Hey Drew isn't that the same thing that's done in this league? What happens when you have completely inactive teams and the prospect has played say 60 games or put another way 20 games over the limit.

I understand Backyard is active with it's 18 team group. But the question is what do you do if a bunch of teams suddenly aren't and the team's rosters are mismanaged?

Also I see you ban people from your league. Under what circumstances to you ban people from joining? I think that's a great idea for pools on this site and we should do that too here in Franchise.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
PPG's Theme Song EC Lucky X - Welcome Spring2020
PPG's Chill Vibes Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Live to brawl. - J.Yablonski
"I don't like to hurt people. Sometimes I just can't help it." - George Steinbrenner :NYY:

23-24 FNHL Champion TBD will win the  $530.00 PAYOUT!

Best Fantasy Hockey League (25$ returning team fee 2024-25):
FNHL TEAMS FOR SALE!
:Commish: *** :CAR-NHL: HURRICANES :CAR-NHL: *** :Commish:

joeshmoe

« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2013, 06:24:47 PM »
Boston is the original commissioner from what I can see.
Joe is claiming a team is destroyed for years to come if they are inactive.
From what I've read that problem has been addressed with the league commissioners assuming control of the team until new owners can be found.

So what's the problem? I don't understand what concern you are raising Boston?

Once again, correct me if I am mistaken but if a GM is active they can manage their own MiLR otherwise if they are suddenly inactive for a significant amount of time the team gets run by the commissioners until new ownership is in place like the Phoenix Coyotes of the NHL. Pretty simple!

It is mostly those teams that have owners that have now gone MIA or are inactive for a variety of possible reason.  This has happened quite frequently.  It is not those teams run by the admin that worry me here.  It will be those teams who have had stand up ownership that has gotten too busy.  Those teams which will then later be replaced, are, in the mean time, pillaged.  This is the bad business for the league.  We should have a system to protect the parity of the league. 

Also, one of my most ardent points is that minor league players should be added to rosters on fantrax.  Can we do this ASAP, as it will make free agency more clear and profitable for teams.  I, for example, cannot look through three posts to find out if a guy is valid to even be bid on.  I simply haven't the time for tedious labor.  This limits my teams ability to transact.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jonathan

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 103
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :CAR-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2013, 06:30:31 PM »
Why does the link for my leagues not show up when I am logged in?
I am in the franchise NFL and I think it is called anygivensunday for the other that I am or was in? Not sure to be truthful.
Can any one fix it so that the links make it show up in the navigation bar when I login with my username kjames1973 I am the Red Wings in one league and the Raiders in another. Any help would be appreciate it. Shouldn't I be able to have shortcut links?

yeah, you can just bookmark the league page, that is what I do.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2013, 12:41:29 PM »
It is mostly those teams that have owners that have now gone MIA or are inactive for a variety of possible reason.  This has happened quite frequently.  It is not those teams run by the admin that worry me here.  It will be those teams who have had stand up ownership that has gotten too busy.  Those teams which will then later be replaced, are, in the mean time, pillaged.  This is the bad business for the league.  We should have a system to protect the parity of the league. 

Also, one of my most ardent points is that minor league players should be added to rosters on fantrax.  Can we do this ASAP, as it will make free agency more clear and profitable for teams.  I, for example, cannot look through three posts to find out if a guy is valid to even be bid on.  I simply haven't the time for tedious labor.  This limits my teams ability to transact.

we've covered this already.
stay active or advise the commissioners you're going away for an extended period and the situation you refer to won't occur... at least not while hockeyfreak47 and i are around.

PS chris, the alternative would've been the League taking over your team and banning you since it wasn't the first time you stayed off profsl for an extended period of time and didn't respond to PM's - standard Profsl activity rules.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Florida Panthers ... link to team page

2023-24 FRANCHISE NHL PAYOUT TO CHAMPION ... :money: $530.00USD :money:
ONLY THE BEST OWNERS WANTED

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2013, 12:49:44 PM »
It states we need to wait 14 days at the start of the season to use this year's stats for extensions.

Given the Lock-out and the shortened season are we prorating that or is it still 14 days and then we cam post extensions with 2012-13 stats starting on day 15?

I just want to make sure.

- Ottawa

the rule applies even for our 48-game season.
2012-2013 contracts can be extended beginning 0h01 ET on February 2, 2013.

i'll updated the league deadline pg to reflect that.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »

we've covered this already.
stay active or advise the commissioners you're going away for an extended period and the situation you refer to won't occur... at least not while hockeyfreak47 and i are around.

PS chris, the alternative would've been the League taking over your team and banning you since it wasn't the first time you stayed off profsl for an extended period of time and didn't respond to PM's - standard Profsl activity rules.

Life can happen to anybody.  I don't care about my team or any past issue.  I just want the other teams in the league to be protected from poor ownership to a degree.  Certainly it is a certain time period before a team is forfeited to the commissioner and that period of transition could be horrible for the future of the organization quickly.  Nobody has covered this yet.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2013, 12:06:35 AM »
I just want the other teams in the league to be protected from poor ownership to a degree. 

-what's the context here?
-can you provide an example of what you're referring to here?

Certainly it is a certain time period before a team is forfeited to the commissioner and that period of transition could be horrible for the future of the organization quickly.  Nobody has covered this yet.

from what i'm reading of your comments or concerns... you're not only referring to MiLR or are you.

regardless, as the original commissioner chris - can you advise how you handled these situations so i understand which approaches you've used successfully or not.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2013, 01:17:25 AM »
Sorry but why no re-seeding?
Also if you are going with no re-seeding than the winner of 1-8 should be playing winner of 4-5 not 2-7 because most likely the winner will be the 2nd place team.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

* FNHL Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: @jwalkerjr88 aint never done more but use my account. Im paying for 32 teams and only watching the Rams.
    Yesterday at 05:20:53 PM
  • Daddy: I want my money back. I just looked it up. I want 31/32 refund. Well my Dad & Son benefited so 29/32 refund.
    Yesterday at 05:21:56 PM
  • indiansnation: How much it cost?
    Yesterday at 05:22:50 PM
  • Daddy: A lot. I think about $300 per season.
    Yesterday at 05:24:18 PM
  • Daddy: Added to the cable bill of like $200. That nobody ever used.
    Yesterday at 05:25:01 PM
  • Daddy: So i had DirecTV for 12 months to use Sunday ticket for 3 months and paid like 3 installments of roughly $100 added to my $200m bill.
    Yesterday at 05:26:18 PM
  • Daddy: For that i got two TVs that could watch any game any time any where. Problem is they getting played at the same times. You cant watch every game. Why you charging me for every game?
    Yesterday at 05:27:40 PM
  • Daddy: If thats the case i should have access to 32 different monitors. Right?
    Yesterday at 05:30:19 PM
  • Daddy: Or maybe 16. I would take 16. But two. Give me my bread back Mafia!
    Yesterday at 05:31:38 PM
  • Daddy: Making me watch  Bo Nix + Zach Wilson + Jared Stidham = you should be paying me
    Yesterday at 05:33:56 PM
  • Daddy: Me and coach Payton [link]
    Yesterday at 05:34:53 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Thats cap by the way. I pay for my own way to watch my team
    Yesterday at 05:41:55 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I dont have your account or login
    Yesterday at 05:42:07 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I used yours for 1-2 seasons.
    Yesterday at 05:43:32 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I used my mothers for a decade before that
    Yesterday at 05:43:46 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: But ive used my way for the past few years. Ill be paying attention like i said
    Yesterday at 05:44:27 PM
  • Daddy: She deserves a refund too
    Yesterday at 05:46:27 PM
  • Daddy: The point was DirecTV never got in your pockets and it was a rip-off but they had a monopoly on the product. Im not loving all the streaming games but DTV will be paying $$$.
    Yesterday at 05:48:22 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: The new iteration with Youtube TV isnt the greatest either but an improvement on Directtv version
    Yesterday at 05:48:37 PM
  • Daddy: And your grandfather used it every year besides those two :rofl:
    Yesterday at 05:49:26 PM
  • Daddy: I kept DirecTV and always willing to share. But thats my point.
    Yesterday at 05:49:47 PM
  • Daddy: If i had 3 monitors rather than two or four rather than two, either me or moms save money. Lots of it.
    Yesterday at 05:50:26 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Yea your point is just wrong is all. Theyve gotten into my pockets directly and indirectly
    Yesterday at 05:51:03 PM
  • Daddy: Oh, i was unaware. DTV must have got us all.
    Yesterday at 05:51:55 PM
  • Daddy: I know you dont endorse them. Never did. I paid for lots of crap i never used. Just for NFL Sunday Ticket.
    Yesterday at 05:52:45 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I dont and didnt endorse cable period. The irony is streaming is becoming cable now.
    Yesterday at 05:55:39 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I paid for directtv version 1-2 years when i had my apartment. Not as much as the 35+ crowd but they did
    Yesterday at 05:56:34 PM
  • Daddy: Still never watched a game on YouTube. I miss the days of CBS = AFC >> FOX/NBC = NFC >> ABC = MNF
    Yesterday at 05:56:42 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: There was no reason to have directtv outside of sunday ticket. My apartment couldnt get it so i paid ONLY for sunday ticket
    Yesterday at 05:57:04 PM
  • Daddy: I was ok with TNF & SNF.
    Yesterday at 05:57:43 PM
  • Daddy: Its all over the place now. So ive stuck with what i know. The Ticket. I can't miss a Rams game. Not gonna do it.
    Yesterday at 05:58:45 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Now they stream some games only on amazon and peacock. I need a streaming lawsuit
    Yesterday at 06:01:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Dont forget disney + soon u will stream games pn their
    Yesterday at 09:43:09 PM
  • indiansnation: Disney trying yo buy nfl network and using espn as part of the trade off nfl will own a certain % of espn. First deal eas 70m for nfl network but nfl turned that down real quick
    Yesterday at 09:46:43 PM
  • indiansnation: Anyone want to talk trade nfl live,mlb live,fgm,armchair
    Yesterday at 10:00:02 PM
  • indiansnation: And any other league that im in that i didnt post yet
    Yesterday at 10:00:35 PM
  • Daddy: They keep throwing insane money at the NFL to televise games and owners share those shiny pennies just enough with the players.
    Yesterday at 10:39:25 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: I'm available.  Not sure if we match up anywhere other than NHL Live, but let me know if there's something you're interested in @Brian
    Yesterday at 10:45:39 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: The other leagues for me are FGM, MLB Live and DNHL in case any-one else is looking to do a deal
    Yesterday at 10:49:01 PM
  • Daddy: Healthy mix. Couple baseball, couple hockey, different scoring options.
    Yesterday at 11:08:15 PM
  • Daddy: You probably kick ass in all of them although NHL LIVE hasnt officially started.
    Yesterday at 11:08:42 PM
  • Daddy: I respect your gaming options
    Yesterday at 11:09:54 PM
  • Daddy: I would for sure be an FGM or Armchair owner if i were here for baseball. Powerhouse too. Why not? Great leagues with better LMs.
    Yesterday at 11:16:38 PM
  • Daddy: DNHL must be 15 years old. Gotta be doing something right. Most leagues dont make it past 5. Very few make it 10.
    Yesterday at 11:20:45 PM
  • Daddy: I think Rob been running that league longer than ive been on profsl. Legendary LM.
    Yesterday at 11:22:42 PM
  • indiansnation: Jmntl82 pm important messave about armchair
    Yesterday at 11:45:05 PM
  • jmntl82: indiansnation-replied
    Yesterday at 11:48:26 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: thanks @daddy.  I hold my own
    Today at 12:05:43 AM
  • Braves155: Will be around today for deal talks - ANY sport
    Today at 10:12:32 AM
  • Daddy: You tellem @Braves!
    Today at 11:47:14 AM