Author Topic: New Rule Changes for The MiLR and prospects  (Read 2652 times)

hockeyfreak6000

New Rule Changes for The MiLR and prospects
« on: July 08, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »
Here are the new rules for minor league rosters and prospects.

Draftees will be placed onto the MiLR. We have increased the size of the MiLR to 13 players.  All drafted players will start in the minors with no contract (N/C) and only have to be signed when the GM feels the need.  Minor prospects can be brought up free but once signed to the GM's major league roster they can't be sent back down, the GM than has three choices, release them to FA, trade them, or just keep them.  If they remain in the minors without a contract and exceed 40 NHL games  played over a 3 year period they have to be signed to their respective draft value right away or be released to FA.  So pay attention to games played. If you wish not to sign them, the player in question will be realeased to Free Agency.

Entry Draft Contracts values

Draft Position - Salary
1 thru 3 - 3.0M
4 thru 10 - 2.5M
10 thru 20 - 2.0M
21 thru 25 - 1.5M
25 thru 30 - 1.0M
31 thru 40 - 900k
41 thru 50 - 800k
51 thru 60- 700k
61 thri 70 - 600k
71 thru 80- 500k
81 thru 90 - 400k
91 thru 100 300k
101 thru 120 -200k

When calling up a player you may sign him to a contract that is 1,2, or 3 years. After their rookie contract has finished they are subject to normal extension rates. Your prospects will only show up on your ProFSL roster and will only show up on Fantrax once you have properly requested that he called up. You can request a call up by posting it in the transaction area.

If a prospect is aquired through a trade, that player will go straight to the respective GM's MiLR.  Than the GM can call that prospect up when they feel the need and sign him to a contract that follows the values above

If a prospect is aquired through FA that player will go straight to the respective GM's MLR with the contract the winning GM awarded him.

As we changeing the rules from an existing league. We will let you transfer one minor league prospect you have aquired in a trade to your MiLR if you would like too. You can then call him up and sign him to contract according to these values if you like if you feel the need. The player must not have seen any NHL action yet. These changes will take effect today anything before will remain as it was. You can post a request in the transactions section.

If you signed or aquired through a trade anymore than 1 prospect and they are currently on your MLR, than they will remain there and you can revert to the 3 opitions available to you, buyout, trade, or keep.  All prospects currently on the major league rosters will have there contracts remain the same untill the term is up.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:04:43 AM by hockeyfreak6000 »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
Re: New Rule Changes for The MiLR and prospects
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:31:50 PM »
Entry Draft Contracts values

Draft Position - Salary
1 thru 5 - 3.0M
6 thru 10 - 2.5M
10 thru 20 - 2.0M
21 thru 25 - 1.5M
25 thru 30 - 1.0M
31 thru 40 - 900k
41 thru 50 - 800k
51 thru 60- 700k
61 thri 70 - 600k
71 thru 80- 500k
81 thru 90 - 400k
91 thru 100 300k
101 thru 110 -200k
111 thru 120 100k
All looks good except for this. First off league minimum contract is 200k so the 111-120 players would have to receive 200k. I think this should emulate the actual NHL. The 1st to 5th picks getting 3m is quite a bit. 1st and 2nd usually get around there. 3rd to 5th get a different amount. Anything out of 1st round usually gets league minimum which is like 600k in the real NHL and 200k in ours.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Fantasy Nightmares

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 02:10:06 PM »
thought u were gonna take the minors too 15? :winner:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hockeyfreak6000

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 08:22:58 PM »
All looks good except for this. First off league minimum contract is 200k so the 111-120 players would have to receive 200k. I think this should emulate the actual NHL. The 1st to 5th picks getting 3m is quite a bit. 1st and 2nd usually get around there. 3rd to 5th get a different amount. Anything out of 1st round usually gets league minimum which is like 600k in the real NHL and 200k in ours.

yeah i see what you are saying. The max rookie contract in the nhl with bounuses is almost 3.75 mill cap hit. Alot of first rounder sign for under the max of 850 but have bonuses in their contracts. Which is what I was trying to get too. But I see your point about the league min and I will change that for the lower draft choices.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hockeyfreak6000

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 02:05:16 AM »
fixed a minor loophole
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 11:04:04 PM »
here is the thread for the rule that was changed...per the topic I started that was locked so no more conversation could be had convieniently...simply had to source it guys...

what was the intent of milr not on fantrax?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:40:26 PM by joeshmoe »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hockeyfreak6000

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 11:50:45 PM »
The intent was so teams do not cheat. We want teams to call up there minor league players and sign them to contracts. If we left MiLR players on fantrax, teams could just add them to the starting roster and acumulate points. The whole point of having the MiLR is to have a farm team and promote players. Not to have a seperate set of players gaining points on the side.

Chris,

Lets not clutter the board, PM me if you want.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 11:56:11 PM »
The intent was so teams do not cheat. We want teams to call up there minor league players and sign them to contracts. If we left MiLR players on fantrax, teams could just add them to the starting roster and acumulate points. The whole point of having the MiLR is to have a farm team and promote players. Not to have a seperate set of players gaining points on the side.

Chris,

There is no need to pm, this is a league wide conversation.  That loophole was already solved, that once a player reaches so many games they must be promoted.  Teams in the NHL consistently have call ups and send backs...we haven't got two-way contracts so there is no way to replicate this.  Which is why, leaving them on fantrax emulates that.  Instead, if I call up Caron and he plays one game and gets sent back, I've started his prospect clock for no reason, and he eats up a roster spot.  Do you understand what I am saying.  Your system is unrealistic because when my prospects do play in the NHL I can't use them.  There is no reason for that part of the rules you guys changed.  It does not prevent people from signing players and sending them back down, it has nothing to do with it...

Had the rest of the league understood this I'm sure they'd have been opposed too. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 11:58:55 PM »
Chris,

I am not cluttering, I opened a topic and it was locked so I needed another to continue the conversation.  There is no reason why the rules cannot be discussed on the public forum.  Furthermore, it only adds to this thread, which will be here no matter what...I don't understand how I am cluttering.  This conversation should be added to by more GMs.  The rule for this one issue needs to be repealed.  It harms nobody if we repeal it as long as everyone gets their spects at the same time. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Gilly

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 5
    • :Blank:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :TOR-NHL:
    • :Blank:
    • :TOR-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 12:09:27 AM »
This has been addressed...Peter has asked you politely to send a pm if you need to discuss further!!

Thank you,

Mike
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

* FNHL Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • jmntl82: Looking into it
    Yesterday at 10:29:22 PM
  • jmntl82: I better get that half bag of fritos that was discussed
    Yesterday at 10:29:41 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Kenny walker you can trade. Me you cant
    Yesterday at 10:50:34 PM
  • Daddy: I cant trade any Walker's
    Yesterday at 11:23:33 PM
  • Daddy: I just traded my starting CF though. Thought i was done in baseball. Just when i think im out, they pull me back in.
    Yesterday at 11:25:03 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah where the hell all these baseball deals pop up from :rofl:
    Yesterday at 11:29:01 PM
  • Daddy: The professor is going to have writers cramp.
    Yesterday at 11:31:16 PM
  • dbreer23: I just got FGM caught up. Will tackle LIVE leagues tonight, but no chance I will finish MLB.
    Yesterday at 11:53:05 PM
  • Daddy: Welcome back! :)
    Today at 12:30:25 AM
  • dbreer23: sorry that I missed the Reds' fire sale
    Today at 12:45:01 AM
  • jmntl82: I wouldn’t say missed, I’m always down for a deal
    Today at 12:48:49 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: welcome back dan
    Today at 12:50:18 AM
  • dbreer23: Thanks! Spent a few days with the in-laws in northern AZ.
    Today at 12:50:59 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: jmntl82 hit all live leagues in blistering speed was fun to be part of the trades
    Today at 12:51:14 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: oh you was in my old state i went to ASU so very familar w Arizona
    Today at 12:51:44 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: what part of Az did you go to
    Today at 12:52:09 AM
  • dbreer23: Flagstaff. I got a MS degree in astrophysics from NAU in the early 2000s. Met my wife towards the end of my time there, so I've been going back periodically for 20 years.
    Today at 12:53:12 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: dude nice ive done snow globe in flag
    Today at 12:53:46 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: *snowbowl
    Today at 12:54:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i did that once in college w friends went skiing
    Today at 12:54:12 AM
  • dbreer23: I had friends who did a few day passes up there. I was a poor grad student tho so I stuck to hiking/beer drinking :)
    Today at 12:56:23 AM
  • dbreer23: and I've never skied
    Today at 12:56:33 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: oh man you should deff go once it was a great experience
    Today at 12:58:39 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: we did a weekend trip when i went during long weekend
    Today at 12:58:52 AM
  • jmntl82: Not all the LIVE leagues, I wish I knew hockey well enough to be in NHL LIVE
    Today at 01:18:21 AM
  • jmntl82: I just started really watching this year
    Today at 01:18:57 AM
  • dbreer23: same here, but I signed up anyway
    Today at 01:20:34 AM
  • jmntl82: alright you talked me into it
    Today at 01:21:53 AM
  • jmntl82: LA KINGS here I come
    Today at 01:22:15 AM
  • STLBlues91: Great job recruiting
    Today at 01:22:27 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Nice man
    Today at 01:48:01 AM
  • Daddy: LIVE leagues will teach you. Honestly you have no choice, we throw so much information at you.
    Today at 02:02:07 AM
  • Daddy: Things move so fast. Super fast.
    Today at 02:02:29 AM
  • Daddy: @Mount_Crushmore & others have expressed a feeling of being overwhelmed the first season. He said now he is truly ready. BAB expressed similar thoughts. Took him two years.
    Today at 02:04:06 AM
  • Daddy: Year 1 and 2 are usually growth years. If you make it to season 3. You should be an animal by then. Some guys come in as animals. I like those guys.
    Today at 02:08:34 AM
  • Daddy: In hockey I got a GM in Florida. Calls herself YurMOM. First and only LIVE female GM right now. Never been on profsl. Never been in dynasty.
    Today at 02:10:14 AM
  • Daddy: She gonna put foots to yall. Watch :rofl:
    Today at 02:10:36 AM
  • STLBlues91: Psychpop check messages on here about your posts in NHL Live
    Today at 02:32:11 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: thats a funny user
    Today at 02:52:01 AM
  • indiansnation: Hey if u guys have indians prospects get ready for the next player to get called up soon Jhonkensy Noel
    Today at 03:10:10 AM
  • indiansnation: He is tearing it up in minors
    Today at 03:10:28 AM
  • jmntl82: Hopefully not like Wander
    Today at 03:13:56 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: wowww
    Today at 03:24:45 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: what a joke
    Today at 03:24:51 AM
  • jmntl82: too soon
    Today at 03:25:31 AM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah you should of waited a few years