Author Topic: Weekly Power Rankings for 2010  (Read 23683 times)

Dan Wood

Re: Weekly Power Rankings for 2010
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 06:52:29 PM »
You don't even have a TV. You have a microwave box with a crayon drawing on it.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 10:24:55 AM »
Just in time for Week 1...

These are the weekly power rankings of teams in Franchise GM, based solely on the talent the teams have at the major league level.  You may feel free to comment below if you feel your ranking is unjust... maybe I missed the talent level on your team?  Banter and debate is welcomed.  The more information I readily have about your team, the better, so please update your depth charts or post one if you haven't done so already.  If you don't have one posted, then post a new thread for your depth chart at the main board and one of the EC staff members will merge it into your team page.

Week 1 Power Rankings
1) :NYY: - MI/Util a low spot after trade with Angels.
2) :PHI: - End of the rotation is typical Phillies, which isn't good for this team
3) :MIL: - Brew Crew's rotation is above average but not great
4) :COL: - Team lacks depth, high quality pitching and defense, so this ranking is probably the ceiling
5) :LAA: - More trade action brings Carlos Lee to the #1 offense, pitching suffers
6) :BOS: - Real Red Sox rotation is very good… this one has an awesome 1-2 punch and then downhill from there.
7) :OAK: - Where will Dukes play next?
8) :CIN: - Rotation goes from best (Lincecum) to very good (Garza) to questionable (Davis, Gorz, Westbrook)
9) :LAD: - Dodgers offense looks better every time I look at it, but the pitching staff and defense look worse. (3)
10) :PIT: - Rzep's finger injury opens up 5th spot to Owings and McCutchen.. Unproven options shows lack of depth (-1)
11) :STL: - How do you replace Carpenter and Pujols? (-1)
12) :CLE: - Indians pitching holds them back… will need Carmona and Dempster to perform. (-1)
13) :TB: - Rays get a catcher or two, but tough times may lie ahead this summer. (2)
14) :TOR: - Solid offense, okay pitching, average fielding. (-1)
15) :SEA: - Chris plays Russian Roulette with his starting rotation and the DL. (-1)
16) :TEX: - I love the prospects, but the MLB rotation is one of the worst.
17) :MIN: - The Twins GM was asleep at the whell when it came to bringing in free agents.  Team has no depth at all.
18) :SF: - Besides Rowand, I don't expect much from the D.  Losing Lincecum was devasting to the rotation. (1)
19) :NYM: - All of these old vets on the offense means injuries and poor fielding. (-1)
20) :ATL: - Nothing jumps out from this team outside of Heyward.
21) :ARZ: - Webb is a big factor, but I think Jimenez has a shot at being a Cy Young winner this year.  Like a lot of teams in this area of the rankings, defense is not all there. (1)
22) :CHC: - Who leads the offense when Chipper is down?  Hawpe, Fukudome? (-1)
23) :CHW: - That rotation is going to be beat up in 2010.
24) :BAL: - Yawn… that lineup that Dan posted sure helps this team's ranking (3)
25) :WAS: - Jumping Jack Flash gives credibility to a defense that was by far the worst.
26) :HOU: - Pitching staff gets rounded out in big trade with Angels. (3)
27) :KC: - Lineup has some gritty veteran feel to it for 2010. (1)
28) :DET: - Trading away Miggy may be a big mistake for a franchise that can afford him. (-2)
29) :FL: - To think that this team was the NL Wildcard in 2009. (-5)
30) :SD: - Padres have Gonzo, Peavy, and that's about it.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Dan Wood

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 11:04:33 AM »
Rotation goes from best (Lincecum) to very good (Garza) to questionable (Davis, Gorz, Westbrook) - more like goes from very good (Garza) to OK (Davis) to, those guys are still in the majors?

- This guy is dead.
 - Cross him off then.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »
Rotation goes from best (Lincecum) to very good (Garza) to questionable (Davis, Gorz, Westbrook) - more like goes from very good (Garza) to OK (Davis) to, those guys are still in the majors?

- This guy is dead.
 - Cross him off then.

This was written before the Lincecum deal... so expect some regression in your pitching rankings next week.  Westbrook apparently had a very good spring, but we'll see how he does today.

Tim Kirkjack (or however you spell his last name) brought up a good point before the Yanks-Sox game yesterday... only seven veteran pitchers in the history of MLB started the opener for a team in which they didn't pitch at all the year before... and three of them are going this year in Westbrook, Sheets, and Marcum.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bridgestone

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »
Who leads the offense when Chipper is down?  Hawpe, Fukudome? (-1)

The answer is not Fukudome! :rofl:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

clidwin

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 01:54:44 PM »
Colby

Indians dont have Carmona anymore, we have E. Santana & Pavano!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »
Colby

Indians dont have Carmona anymore, we have E. Santana & Pavano!

I knew you had Pavano, but missed Carmona leaving town.  I'll have to increase your pitching rank! :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bronx Bombers

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 02:49:45 PM »
#1 offense, yeah boy!!  :beer:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 10:06:14 AM »
These are the weekly power rankings of teams in Franchise GM, based solely on the talent the teams have at the major league level.  You may feel free to comment below if you feel your ranking is unjust... maybe I missed the talent level on your team?  Banter and debate is welcomed.  The more information I readily have about your team, the better, so please update your depth charts or post one if you haven't done so already.  If you don't have one posted, then post a new thread for your depth chart at the main board and one of the EC staff members will merge it into your team page.

Week 2 Power Rankings
1) :NYY: - (1-0) - Offensive depth isn't there this year, but Yankees put a bandaid on MI/Util problem.  Wells is looking good so far, and now Reyes is back…
2) :PHI: - (0-1) - Verlander, fantasy AL Cy Young winner in 2009, Grienke, the real one… does one of them win the fantasy NL Cy Young this year?
3) :MIL: - (1-0) - Pitching staff isn't as bad as I thought.
4) :OAK: - (0-1) - Lincecum makes this a top three rotation and leaps the A's past the Angels. (3)
5) :COL: - (0-1) - Finally dumping Lowell.  Offense looks real good. (-1)
6) :LAA: - (0-1) - Offense in LA vs. pitching staff in Oakland (-1)
7) :BOS: - (1-0) - Beckett's control looks off but this is April (-1)
8) :LAD: - (1-0) -  (1)
9) :CIN: - (1-0) - It's hard to believe that Westbrook is an MLB ace. (-1)
10) :CLE: - (1-0) - Ervin Santana will bounce back big this year. (2)
11) :STL: - (1-0) -
12) :PIT: - (0-1) - Team is already missing Jack Wilson, but the move was right for the future.  McCutchen's 4th inning blow up hurt this week. (-2)
13) :TB: - (0-1) - Ian Desmond is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.
14) :TOR: - (0-1) - Aubrey Huff could be raking in plenty of opportunity at clean-up (think SH, SF)
15) :SEA: - (1-0) - Beltre won't repeat 2004 but looks comfortable in Fenway
16) :TEX: - (1-0) - Inept at the start of the week but pulled off a W.
17) :MIN: - (1-0) - Team needs some infield help.
18) :SF: - (1-0) -
19) :NYM: - (0-1) - Real life and fantasy Mets still losing.
20) :ATL: - (1-0) - Heyward, Garrett Jones provide young power
21) :ARZ: - (0-1) - Maybe the D'Backs can hang with the big boys?
22) :CHW: - (1-0) - AL Central starts off with a 4-1 record. (1)
23) :CHC: - (0-1) - Many holes in that batting order. (-1)
24) :DET: - (1-0) - Jeff's Tigers weren't really that bad with Hanley, Wieters, Byrd, Damon, and Bartlett in the lineup. (4)
25) :BAL: - (1-0) - Possible new GM in Baltimore but the same old problems carried over from the last GM (-1)
26) :HOU: - (0-1) -
27) :WAS: - (0-1) - This team is in the tank when Dunn and Zimmerman don't perform. (-2)
28) :KC: - (0-1) -  (-1)
29) :FL: - (0-1) -
30) :SD: - (0-1) -
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:49:29 AM by Colby »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bronx Bombers

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 12:57:24 PM »
Rough start, but the A's didn't get ahead of me!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • STLBlues91: Think there are 3 more teams left until NHL gets filled up
    May 21, 2024, 10:40:10 PM
  • Daddy: Four (4) NY Islanders >> Nashville Predators >> Ottawa Senators >> LA Kings
    May 21, 2024, 10:50:47 PM
  • Daddy: They each had owners who uncommitted two of them went to other sites to try to copy the concept. Problem is no Daddy, no staff,  no LIVE.
    May 21, 2024, 10:52:54 PM
  • Daddy: Nobody on Earth does hockey like we are about to do it. Its a shame 28 teams are gone without most of the true profsl hockey guys signing up. That's a huge loss. For them.
    May 21, 2024, 10:54:45 PM
  • Daddy: If you love hockey and you love dynasty and you arent in LIVE than you must hate me or competition more than you love the others. Which is petty & not worth our efforts anyway.
    May 21, 2024, 10:56:10 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE Spreadsheet [link] should be available to be seen.
    May 21, 2024, 11:35:31 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent we sincerely hope that you do join as a HOF level dynasty GM. The rules and a lot of format carry over from one LIVE league to another.
    May 21, 2024, 11:56:46 PM
  • Daddy: We believe that even if you don't know a sport well, we provide the material, and enough guidance advice that any disadvantages are minimized. Hockey is one of the greatest sports of all time.
    May 21, 2024, 11:58:09 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Brent should I put you on the waiting list for the next opening?
    Yesterday at 10:53:35 AM
  • Brent: Nah, I need to resist.  I built the team I wanted and decided to leave so that's on me.
    Yesterday at 11:28:04 AM
  • indiansnation: Is their a way i can lgo and check out prospects in nhl live and get statistics
    Yesterday at 01:02:05 PM
  • Daddy: We have the same prospects as real life. Same draft class coming in. You are loaded for Bear.
    Yesterday at 01:06:11 PM
  • Daddy: The contracts that expire in 2023. Are upcoming FA. We giving a chance to extend 6/1
    Yesterday at 01:08:31 PM
  • indiansnation: I finally looked at the minors and i got a 40 year old player in my minors
    Yesterday at 01:27:00 PM
  • Daddy: Did we put Sidney Crosby in your Juniors? Whats the resolution you seek?
    Yesterday at 01:57:39 PM
  • indiansnation: No resolution i just saw it. No rrsolution
    Yesterday at 05:49:02 PM
  • Daddy: Ok. You know you can cut anyone you want and with FROZEN FRENZY as well as the draft we all have a ton of moves to make.
    Yesterday at 06:11:32 PM
  • Daddy: Hockey players don't make what football, basketball, baseball players make. The cap is lower than other LIVE leagues.
    Yesterday at 06:13:00 PM
  • Daddy: NFL Teams in OTAs. Hockey & Baseball Drafts approach
    Yesterday at 06:14:26 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah when we were filling rosters we just included everyone we could since they can be cut. I will be cutting a chunk of guys once we start up
    Yesterday at 06:14:45 PM
  • Daddy: Trading too. Not just cutting. Virgin teams need diversified. Ive seen owners swap half of they're starting players to get diversified.
    Yesterday at 06:16:51 PM
  • Daddy: New leagues should be the most active because everyone has a ton of assets.
    Yesterday at 06:18:24 PM
  • Bigdon: Is there any openings in nfl.l8ve
    Yesterday at 11:09:21 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey bigdon if u looking to trade in mlb live let me know im guardians
    Yesterday at 11:24:50 PM
  • Bigdon: Well listen to all offers I need team in nfl live I am in all other leagues
    Yesterday at 11:31:05 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon pm sent u trade offer in mlb live
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon sent u new pm with new trade offer
    Today at 12:08:07 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon ill post trade right know
    Today at 12:13:33 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon trade posted in mlb live
    Today at 12:24:42 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: bigdon sent ya a message also i dont think nfl has any openings rn
    Today at 12:31:00 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayarea Ballers pm about giants in mlb live
    Today at 12:32:31 AM
  • Brent: Angels looking for a power bat in MLB Live.
    Today at 07:17:38 AM
  • Daddy: When i started on profsl in 2010 my first league i had to pay $45 for the Milwaukee Brewers in a start up league called SD.
    Today at 10:45:05 AM
  • Daddy: SD = Scouting Department
    Today at 10:45:26 AM
  • Daddy: Papps recruited me on our job. The only team available in a full and active money league.
    Today at 10:46:25 AM
  • Daddy: They vetoed my first 7 trade attempts. They publicly insulted me, calling me dumb, saying i should be kicked out the league because it was obvious i didnt know what i was doing.
    Today at 10:47:37 AM
  • Daddy: Im year 2 i won the championship and the prize pool. I would win it repeatedly afterwards.
    Today at 10:48:26 AM
  • Daddy: My Dad joined. Then these same fools said he was my burner account.
    Today at 10:48:56 AM
  • Daddy: When it was obvious he was someone else, they started saying we couldn't trade with each other or we were cheating.
    Today at 10:49:44 AM
  • Daddy: Profsl had a bunch of pencil dik crooks on it. All over the place. Corrupt LMs orchestrating trades to try to pre determine who won.
    Today at 10:50:57 AM
  • Daddy: To keep the money between "certain guys". That way it stayed in house and they just kept robbing fools.
    Today at 10:51:49 AM
  • Daddy: I created LIVE because LIVE is what those fake ass leagues were supposed to be.
    Today at 10:52:24 AM
  • Daddy: Real competition. Where your competition cant cheat ya and anyone that beats ya deserved to do so.
    Today at 10:53:15 AM
  • Daddy: All those bums & crooks & morons have either left profsl for good or they stay in the background, watching, and gossiping behind my back like a bunch of street corner hookers.
    Today at 10:54:41 AM
  • Daddy: Now all we do on profsl is play ball.
    Today at 10:55:51 AM
  • Daddy: How did i win a money league that they were cheating in? Because if you cheat, you still gotta be right about the players. They were smart at being crooks. Dumb at building teams.
    Today at 10:59:54 AM
  • OUDAN: I miss money dynasty lesgues
    Today at 11:27:47 AM
  • OUDAN: Ran correctly that is
    Today at 11:28:50 AM
  • Daddy: Agreed Dan. This site was popping 14 years ago with half ass product. Every league here today offers a unique top quality product.
    Today at 01:09:03 PM
  • Daddy: Upcoming $$$ league [link] Powerhouse Baseball @Alpha5 (LIVE moderator) LM.
    Today at 01:57:27 PM