Author Topic: Free Agency - 2 way contracts  (Read 3124 times)

Offline favo_zomg

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • View Profile
Re: Free Agency - 2 way contracts
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 06:45:18 PM »
Could just be simpler to keep the two way deals to rookies (40 games and under), and make it cost something if we pick them up on free agency. If we really want the player to stick around, don't risk putting them in the minors.

I'm game for either, but this could just be the easiest to grasp situation (as we add no extra rules).
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jesse

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 29
    • :NE:
    • :COL-NHL:
    • :TOT:
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 07:56:12 PM »
I am in for keeping it simple what about something like this

A 2 way contract could be signed to anyone who has not played 40 or more games for an extra 500k per year

Makes things simple and I really don't think it makes draft picks less valuable
I think we should be able to resign players to 2 way contracts too as long as they haven't played 40 games
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:COL-NHL:

GO AVS GO

Miku

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
 :iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 09:37:43 PM »
Trying to post multiple responses in one post:

1) First off drafts will always be valuable as the new kids coming in will first come first serve only at the draft. With 3 rounds we will have a total of 18x3= 54 new players, which should be the higher end talent of players with 0 NHL game experience.

2) These players would have to be within the 2 way contract confines, that being 0-39 games of NHL experience.

3) I do not like the idea of adding a million onto the winning bid as then they wouldn't becoming of any value, they would remain in the minors because first they can easily be put there and brought up freely and second because it would be 2 expensive to have a 1.2m rookie in the line-up when you could just sign them or an experienced player to 200k contract instead and use them on your team. Instead of the million proposed they should have to be signed to the value of their actual contract maybe (not the regular half their contract) or I would be more willing to do 500k as 1m is just too much on most players and unrealistic.

4) There has to be extensions on 2 way deals and it maintains prospects like goalies that may not develop for 3-4-5-6 years. Also there will be no 2 way contracts on players 40 games and over played. I would sign every player to a 2 way deal and never have to worry about cap again because I would just send up and down freely. I call up and send down players daily based on who I would like to play on a certain night and I wouldn't even bother drafting players because they don't reach their full potential until 24-29 years of age.

5) There will be no 2 way contracts on players 40 games and over playedIf they are only relief players you sign them to 1 year contract so that they don't affect your team for years to come. And a 1 year 1 way contract will be cheaper that a 2 way 1 year contract anyway according the rules we are discussing right now.

6) You can not re-sign 1 way contracts to make them 2 way contracts until such a time that they are eligible for extensions. If a player is signed to a 1 way contract till 2012-13 (like Bradyen Schenn) they can't not be re-signed until the 2013 extension period. If he hasn't played over 40 games by that time he will be eligible for a 2 way contract through his extension.

Proposed Rule:
Two way free agent contract:
A free agent skater can be signed to a 2 way contract if the have played 0-39 games or a free agent goalie can be signed to a 2 way contract if they have played 0-29 games. The cost of their contract must equal the real-life contract plus an addition 500k as a two way contract fee. These players can still be signed as normal but their contract will be a 1 way contract.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Offline favo_zomg

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 09:47:57 PM »
 :winner:

I like this... Simple, elegant, and gets to the point.

Sorry for creating a mess in the forum, but at least we explored all potential avenues.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 09:49:38 PM »
:winner:

I like this... Simple, elegant, and gets to the point.

Sorry for creating a mess in the forum, but at least we explored all potential avenues.
Discussion is never a bad thing. Thanks
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Miku

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 09:57:13 PM »
Proposed Rule:
Two way free agent contract:
A free agent skater can be signed to a 2 way contract if the have played 0-39 games or a free agent goalie can be signed to a 2 way contract if they have played 0-29 games. The cost of their contract must equal the real-life contract plus an addition 500k as a two way contract fee. These players can still be signed as normal but their contract will be a 1 way contract.

You want it to be the cost of their contract, not half, the actual cost, plus 500k, but 1 mil is too much which I think is weird because it's not always cheaper,

Some players like for example John Doe was a higher draft pick and makes 2m a season,
If we do some math:
Half of the contract + 1 mil = 2m
Equal to the contract + 500k = 2.5m
So I don't see how half + 1 mil would be too expensive but most FA's under 40 games would probably be more in the 200k-1m range
Half of the contract of 1m + 1m = 1.5m
Equal to + 500k = 1.5m
Still not cheaper.
Half of the contract of 200k + 1m = 1.2m
Equal to + 500k = 700k
So the way you want to do it will make cheaper players even cheaper and more expensive players even more expensive which isn't something I would hate, just pointing it out.

This isn't counting players like Taylor Hall, last years 1st pick who makes 3.8m
Half + 1m = 2.9m
Equal to + 500k = 4.3m

So it will make expensive players even more expensive but all players under 1m will be cheaper with the Equal to + 500k.

Just doing the math, I like math, and I like pointing it out for those who want to see the exact numbers.

I for one am up for either, the way you have it expensive players are more expensive and cheaper players are cheaper. If we go half + 1mil, it stays with the half contracts system people are already used to with FA but doesn't scale well making cheap players more expensive and more expensive players not that much more expensive.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jesse

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 29
    • :NE:
    • :COL-NHL:
    • :TOT:
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
I would prefer half of their contract plus 500k that why we are keeping it as simple as possible
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GO AVS GO

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 12:07:14 AM »
I would prefer half of their contract plus 500k that why we are keeping it as simple as possible
Yes sorry let's do half + 500k
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Miku

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2011, 01:28:28 AM »
Sounds good, 500k sound fine also, a little cheap for my liking but thats probably because I have 15mil cap space to fill up haha.  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Oh nvm you made two NHL Trades
    Yesterday at 08:51:36 PM
  • Braves155: Already 2 deals Brian?
    Yesterday at 09:12:52 PM
  • Daddy: He needs help @Braves. Trade addiction hotline. He just doesn't love Fakebook or TicTok. Brian is addicted to trading.
    Yesterday at 09:39:23 PM
  • Daddy: "1-800-LIVEGMS" - is here for your addiction.
    Yesterday at 09:41:08 PM
  • Daddy: We got Fat traders... Skinny traders... We got wee little traders & Giant ego traders. Our slogan? "We be trading Crap nonstop".
    Yesterday at 09:43:18 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 10:13:45 PM
  • Braves155: Replied
    Yesterday at 11:00:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy message on fantrax
    Today at 02:29:05 AM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Today at 09:08:41 AM
  • TheGOAT: Are you posting jmntl?
    Today at 10:42:38 AM
  • TheGOAT: nevermind
    Today at 10:46:33 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Which 2025 1st is being moved? Im assuming Detroit original
    Today at 10:53:10 AM
  • TheGOAT: I believe it is the Detroit's original one
    Today at 11:05:54 AM
  • jmntl82: Yeah the original
    Today at 11:24:30 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Roger
    Today at 11:54:51 AM
  • Daddy: Welp... There goes my draft picks boyz. Hit me up next year. :)
    Today at 12:45:22 PM
  • jmntl82: Is there a trade addiction meeting somewhere I can sign up for?
    Today at 01:02:23 PM
  • jmntl82: It has been one hour ish since my last trade
    Today at 01:02:36 PM
  • Daddy: Looking at our recent transactions you too need therapy. The trade addiction pandemic is real.
    Today at 01:04:51 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Lmaoo I think I got the case of briantradeitis
    Today at 02:38:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: After what Ive been doing in NHL live
    Today at 02:38:18 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around all day. Will be on the SS later doing some matching but always around
    Today at 02:39:13 PM
  • Daddy: We havent hit the official start date but NHL LIVE is up and running, fully functional with 28 pre-signed owners. Weve got 4 open teams despite over 100,000+ views on just the bullpen sign up sheet.
    Today at 02:46:34 PM
  • Daddy: Once teams are gone, they are gone.
    Today at 02:47:29 PM
  • Daddy: Focus now goes to NCAA LIVE >> NBA LIVE >> NCAA Hoops LIVE
    Today at 02:48:24 PM
  • Daddy: Thats 160 teams in case you were wondering. Across 2 sports. Impossible? Just watch.
    Today at 02:49:56 PM
  • OUDAN: Soooooo ready for NCAA and NBA. Ive never been in an NCAA league that worked but I trust you
    Today at 03:00:41 PM
  • Daddy: And i will not let you down sir. On my everything i will not let you down. :toth:
    Today at 03:34:14 PM
  • Bigdon: Has nba live started yet
    Today at 04:45:48 PM
  • Daddy: You will see it in fantrax once it starts. We are at the "pre" signup stage. Just got the boards up.
    Today at 04:50:52 PM
  • Daddy: Setting up leagues from scratch takes a little time. Took a few months to get NHL set up correctly and operational.
    Today at 04:52:25 PM
  • Daddy: MLB & NFL were switch over leagues. They already had most of the structures in place. NHL is the first true LIVE league done from scratch.
    Today at 04:53:51 PM
  • STLBlues91: When do you need Vegas name for NBA Live?
    Today at 04:56:01 PM
  • Daddy: When i set up fantrax. Need the name and logo by then. Seattle was easy. Vegas we are on our own.
    Today at 04:58:58 PM
  • Daddy: So by July 1
    Today at 04:59:31 PM
  • Daddy: NBA is "easiest" of all of the leagues to set up and moderate.
    Today at 05:00:09 PM
  • Daddy: NHL watch a bitch. All those dudes. I know about guys playing hockey in Iceland now. Too much information.
    Today at 05:00:53 PM
  • Daddy: Was a bitch :rofl:
    Today at 05:01:10 PM
  • Daddy: I know about 16 year old hockey players now. It was a great learning experience. I thought i knew hockey.
    Today at 05:03:59 PM
  • Daddy: Huge NHL LIVE trade. The first BLOCKBUSTER
    Today at 05:59:00 PM
  • Daddy: Connor McDavid comes to Broad St. :)
    Today at 05:59:23 PM
  • Daddy: Lead us great Connor. Lead us to Dynasty Glory. :win: im counting on you eh.
    Today at 06:00:31 PM
  • Bigdon: Nba live i.have chicago that's awesome thanks
    Today at 06:02:13 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy its 5pm and the flyers still suck
    Today at 06:02:47 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah but my Flyers suck with Connor McDavid.
    Today at 06:04:15 PM
  • Daddy: Dont hate me cuz im beautiful.
    Today at 06:04:34 PM
  • Daddy: After a blockbuster trade, you know the feeling. I could get hit by thrown monkey poop right now and im still smiling while i eat a banana.
    Today at 06:06:48 PM
  • Daddy: Who you got? Isnt Sidney Crosby coaching team Canada in the upcoming Olympics?
    Today at 06:07:44 PM
  • Daddy: Ever seen Harlem Knights Brian? "" Dddddon't ttttake thththis Aaaaasssss whupin Ppppersonal" -Jack Jenkins
    Today at 06:12:51 PM
  • Daddy: [link] for you. :)
    Today at 06:14:34 PM