Author Topic: One major problem with this league  (Read 1695 times)

Offline snugerud

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :NE:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: One major problem with this league
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 03:30:50 PM »
Hey now i still have enough guys to fill my roster on any given night.  :toth:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

joeshmoe

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »
this is a great discussion btw...

now let me speak as a team owner and not the commish... i have to balance the thinking here.

:FLO: owner says... seriously guys! seriously?!?

u can't have ur cake and eat it too.
all these comments below ask for hand-holding.
it takes min. of 60-days (2months) play 40 NHL games. if you're not on the site in 2 months, it's best you step away from any league, not just FNHL.  :o
note: inactive owners was a serious issue in yr1, no?? so why reward inactivity? doesn't make sense.

also, if 40 games isn't enough to assess rookie talent, that's a seperate matter.
suggestion: raise MiLR games limit from 40 to 82 games.  :thumbsup:
but who's gonna say, "hold it, it takes longer to evaluate goalies and d-men!"?
someone drew the line for the rule. it's a rule to keep the league structured. isn't that the point of these leagues, some structure but not all uniform.

now this comment above is kinda funny imo.

i can say the same for teams that joined well after FNHL was setup and took on projects and crippled teams (ones without any goalie, without cap space, no prospects on the horizon).

the likes of NYI, CHI, CBJ, COL + MON are all so-called "have not" teams and i can sympathize with them. even :PHO: and my :FLO: were projects without a starter when hockeyfreak47 and i took over our teams last July'11... but isn't that the point of fantasy sometimes to take on a full rebuild and having some fun with it? i invited all those new owners and openly told them the teams were projects. in fact i told snug and a few others the :NYI: was the biggest project outside of :CHI-NHL:  (it's no wonder it took forever to find their new owner).

the way i see it, the 40 gms and done rule is asking owners to monitor + manage their team present + future. isn't that why ppl signed up for this league ... there's a MiLR to play with!? otherwise, what's the point of a minor league system if you except someone else to automatically manage your minors for you either manually or with safety net rules?

should the :EC: automatically roll over every pending FA's contract as well? isn't that what you guys are basically asking for here? i hope not.

You miss the point completely, congrats!  :toth:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 03:55:04 PM »
so agreed Snug, i see protecting each team as part of the league's/commissioner's mandate.  :judge:  :toast:

How can you even post this if you stand for teams snipping the young talent from struggling squads?  The teams that get the guys quickest to the NHL need them the most.  This is a confusing statement.

And your dig on Boston assumes that the administration wasn't smart enough to follow the rules clearly written out.  Lets bring the problem to the root of the issue if we're going to bring it up.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline PsychoticPondGoons

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :BAL-NFL:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :NYY:
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »
How can you even post this if you stand for teams snipping the young talent from struggling squads?  The teams that get the guys quickest to the NHL need them the most.  This is a confusing statement.

And your dig on Boston assumes that the administration wasn't smart enough to follow the rules clearly written out.  Lets bring the problem to the root of the issue if we're going to bring it up.

It's like you have it in for people around here bro. What gives
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
PPG's Theme Song EC Lucky X - Welcome Spring2020
PPG's Chill Vibes Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Live to brawl. - J.Yablonski
"I don't like to hurt people. Sometimes I just can't help it." - George Steinbrenner :NYY:

23-24 FNHL Champion TBD will win the  $530.00 PAYOUT!

Best Fantasy Hockey League (25$ returning team fee 2024-25):
FNHL TEAMS FOR SALE!
:Commish: *** :CAR-NHL: HURRICANES :CAR-NHL: *** :Commish:

Offline PsychoticPondGoons

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :BAL-NFL:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :NYY:
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 04:55:35 PM »

Isn't the point of a minor league team to: have "minor league" players - or in this case, players under 40 games of NHL experience?

I bring this up because I know my team has about 5 players that have not played in the NHL and maybe won't play in the NHL (40 games anyways) for 1-3 more seasons.
What's the point of burning roster spots on a team like mine when they won't contribute.
I have what, 3C, 4LW, 3RW, 1G and a full set of D to compete with this year, with the rest of the roster filled out by guys that most likely won't play this year, and if they do, will have very little impact.
Why are those types of players not "allowed" to be sent to the minor league system? Half of my RW group have never skated in an NHL game...

Don't get me wrong, I knew this "rule" or "system" whey I joined, so I am not complaining - I'm just using my team as an example because I know it better than anyone else's. I'm sure other teams have some players, or prospects, that are on their NHL team that won't be in the NHL for a while either.

Just seems silly to try to compete with other teams' full rosters, when there are still prospects on your main roster that won't contribute any points.

If I actually didn't give a poop about my team I'd buy out all the NHL players and sign whatever rookies are left over from previous years drafts (kind of like snug has slowly been doing) and then just tank it for the next 2 years to get higher draft picks in the yearly draft.

I don't know what the last manager was smoking but that Avs roster is stacked with prospects. Why would anyone sit round and wait years to rebuild a fantasy team. You can build or tear down a team almost overnight anytime.

On that note why don't you send over Huberneau/Jurco and see what I'll send back. haha
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
PPG's Theme Song EC Lucky X - Welcome Spring2020
PPG's Chill Vibes Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Live to brawl. - J.Yablonski
"I don't like to hurt people. Sometimes I just can't help it." - George Steinbrenner :NYY:

23-24 FNHL Champion TBD will win the  $530.00 PAYOUT!

Best Fantasy Hockey League (25$ returning team fee 2024-25):
FNHL TEAMS FOR SALE!
:Commish: *** :CAR-NHL: HURRICANES :CAR-NHL: *** :Commish:

Offline Capn Cally

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 10
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :VAN:
    • :VAN-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 05:59:07 PM »
I don't know what the last manager was smoking but that Avs roster is stacked with prospects. Why would anyone sit round and wait years to rebuild a fantasy team. You can build or tear down a team almost overnight anytime.

On that note why don't you send over Huberneau/Jurco and see what I'll send back. haha

Haha... I was talking more about the guys signed on the NHL roster than the guys in the minors! Kuznetsov, Shore, Pulk, Thomas, Bulmer, etc etc. Seems pointless to have em on my roster since they're not in the NHL.
But oh well my NHL players suck too so overall the team as a whole will suck until those young guys hit the NHL. This is a fairly low-maintenance team haha. Just set the roster and watch the team get destroyed every week! I'm prepared for the worst...!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »
I see this thread as an opportunity for some teams to hurl negative comments and see no need to leave this open any long. The title itself is ultra negative in tone.

if the league owners want to discuss this MiLR matter in a professional matter, pl open a new thread and be professional.

thread closed.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Florida Panthers ... link to team page

2023-24 FRANCHISE NHL PAYOUT TO CHAMPION ... :money: $530.00USD :money:
ONLY THE BEST OWNERS WANTED

* FNHL Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Nobody on Earth does hockey like we are about to do it. Its a shame 28 teams are gone without most of the true profsl hockey guys signing up. That's a huge loss. For them.
    May 21, 2024, 10:54:45 PM
  • Daddy: If you love hockey and you love dynasty and you arent in LIVE than you must hate me or competition more than you love the others. Which is petty & not worth our efforts anyway.
    May 21, 2024, 10:56:10 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE Spreadsheet [link] should be available to be seen.
    May 21, 2024, 11:35:31 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent we sincerely hope that you do join as a HOF level dynasty GM. The rules and a lot of format carry over from one LIVE league to another.
    May 21, 2024, 11:56:46 PM
  • Daddy: We believe that even if you don't know a sport well, we provide the material, and enough guidance advice that any disadvantages are minimized. Hockey is one of the greatest sports of all time.
    May 21, 2024, 11:58:09 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Brent should I put you on the waiting list for the next opening?
    Yesterday at 10:53:35 AM
  • Brent: Nah, I need to resist.  I built the team I wanted and decided to leave so that's on me.
    Yesterday at 11:28:04 AM
  • indiansnation: Is their a way i can lgo and check out prospects in nhl live and get statistics
    Yesterday at 01:02:05 PM
  • Daddy: We have the same prospects as real life. Same draft class coming in. You are loaded for Bear.
    Yesterday at 01:06:11 PM
  • Daddy: The contracts that expire in 2023. Are upcoming FA. We giving a chance to extend 6/1
    Yesterday at 01:08:31 PM
  • indiansnation: I finally looked at the minors and i got a 40 year old player in my minors
    Yesterday at 01:27:00 PM
  • Daddy: Did we put Sidney Crosby in your Juniors? Whats the resolution you seek?
    Yesterday at 01:57:39 PM
  • indiansnation: No resolution i just saw it. No rrsolution
    Yesterday at 05:49:02 PM
  • Daddy: Ok. You know you can cut anyone you want and with FROZEN FRENZY as well as the draft we all have a ton of moves to make.
    Yesterday at 06:11:32 PM
  • Daddy: Hockey players don't make what football, basketball, baseball players make. The cap is lower than other LIVE leagues.
    Yesterday at 06:13:00 PM
  • Daddy: NFL Teams in OTAs. Hockey & Baseball Drafts approach
    Yesterday at 06:14:26 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah when we were filling rosters we just included everyone we could since they can be cut. I will be cutting a chunk of guys once we start up
    Yesterday at 06:14:45 PM
  • Daddy: Trading too. Not just cutting. Virgin teams need diversified. Ive seen owners swap half of they're starting players to get diversified.
    Yesterday at 06:16:51 PM
  • Daddy: New leagues should be the most active because everyone has a ton of assets.
    Yesterday at 06:18:24 PM
  • Bigdon: Is there any openings in nfl.l8ve
    Yesterday at 11:09:21 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey bigdon if u looking to trade in mlb live let me know im guardians
    Yesterday at 11:24:50 PM
  • Bigdon: Well listen to all offers I need team in nfl live I am in all other leagues
    Yesterday at 11:31:05 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon pm sent u trade offer in mlb live
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon sent u new pm with new trade offer
    Today at 12:08:07 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon ill post trade right know
    Today at 12:13:33 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon trade posted in mlb live
    Today at 12:24:42 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: bigdon sent ya a message also i dont think nfl has any openings rn
    Today at 12:31:00 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayarea Ballers pm about giants in mlb live
    Today at 12:32:31 AM
  • Brent: Angels looking for a power bat in MLB Live.
    Today at 07:17:38 AM
  • Daddy: When i started on profsl in 2010 my first league i had to pay $45 for the Milwaukee Brewers in a start up league called SD.
    Today at 10:45:05 AM
  • Daddy: SD = Scouting Department
    Today at 10:45:26 AM
  • Daddy: Papps recruited me on our job. The only team available in a full and active money league.
    Today at 10:46:25 AM
  • Daddy: They vetoed my first 7 trade attempts. They publicly insulted me, calling me dumb, saying i should be kicked out the league because it was obvious i didnt know what i was doing.
    Today at 10:47:37 AM
  • Daddy: Im year 2 i won the championship and the prize pool. I would win it repeatedly afterwards.
    Today at 10:48:26 AM
  • Daddy: My Dad joined. Then these same fools said he was my burner account.
    Today at 10:48:56 AM
  • Daddy: When it was obvious he was someone else, they started saying we couldn't trade with each other or we were cheating.
    Today at 10:49:44 AM
  • Daddy: Profsl had a bunch of pencil dik crooks on it. All over the place. Corrupt LMs orchestrating trades to try to pre determine who won.
    Today at 10:50:57 AM
  • Daddy: To keep the money between "certain guys". That way it stayed in house and they just kept robbing fools.
    Today at 10:51:49 AM
  • Daddy: I created LIVE because LIVE is what those fake ass leagues were supposed to be.
    Today at 10:52:24 AM
  • Daddy: Real competition. Where your competition cant cheat ya and anyone that beats ya deserved to do so.
    Today at 10:53:15 AM
  • Daddy: All those bums & crooks & morons have either left profsl for good or they stay in the background, watching, and gossiping behind my back like a bunch of street corner hookers.
    Today at 10:54:41 AM
  • Daddy: Now all we do on profsl is play ball.
    Today at 10:55:51 AM
  • Daddy: How did i win a money league that they were cheating in? Because if you cheat, you still gotta be right about the players. They were smart at being crooks. Dumb at building teams.
    Today at 10:59:54 AM
  • OUDAN: I miss money dynasty lesgues
    Today at 11:27:47 AM
  • OUDAN: Ran correctly that is
    Today at 11:28:50 AM
  • Daddy: Agreed Dan. This site was popping 14 years ago with half ass product. Every league here today offers a unique top quality product.
    Today at 01:09:03 PM
  • Daddy: Upcoming $$$ league [link] Powerhouse Baseball @Alpha5 (LIVE moderator) LM.
    Today at 01:57:27 PM
  • OUDAN: Need a $$ basketball league badly
    Today at 02:58:32 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I finally finalized my first off-season trade in CCD
    Today at 03:17:54 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Trading away PJ washington
    Today at 03:18:02 PM