Author Topic: PROPOSED: 5 Rule Revision for Goalies  (Read 5648 times)

Offline snugerud

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :NE:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: PROPOSED: 5 Rule Revision for Goalies
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 04:47:17 PM »
Did you just call me a communist?,,,,yup pretty sure he just called me a communist.  ha ha ha ha.   :rofl: 

there are 2 sometime 3 days a week that the nhl would have a full enough schedule that you may have to make a choice between goalies.  If you are on dial up it might take you 5 mins to check one of those sites and adjust your goalie for the night  so a total of 15 mins in a week, on dial up. 

Signed,

Your Supreme Leader , Admiral Aladin

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:49:11 PM by snugerud »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

joeshmoe

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 08:02:24 PM »
Bro weren't you the original commissioner. When was this league weekly line-ups. So what is it weekly or daily line-ups.

I think you've missed it.  There were daily lineups, but with fantrax you can set it up for the week and push play!  Simple, not a lot of work, and helpful to gms who don't have all day for profsl.  Miss something?  How this has to do with orig commish i dont know.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 08:08:37 PM »
Did you just call me a communist?,,,,yup pretty sure he just called me a communist.  ha ha ha ha.   :rofl: 

there are 2 sometime 3 days a week that the nhl would have a full enough schedule that you may have to make a choice between goalies.  If you are on dial up it might take you 5 mins to check one of those sites and adjust your goalie for the night  so a total of 15 mins in a week, on dial up. 

Signed,

Your Supreme Leader , Admiral Aladin

Maybe you should brush up on your comprehension because I said I was not a communist, and that not everyone could be.  And that's absolutely true...even though 49% of the US is on welfare, the 51% still need to work really hard not to tick it over the top...which austrian economists know is the no turning back point.  ERGO I don't have every 10 minutes to check on profsl, or every night, to see if some nhl coach changed his lineup.  It's foolish.  And you make it seem as if that never happens...please.  It happens frequently enough it was included in the original set of rules.

Lastly, I said 1 goalie was probably a fine idea...but realize that it will automatically make x amount of teams ineligible to win...this league is only winnable by the very most active gms (or a gm who can help the commish not step on his toes and when he doesn't his teams gets shanked) and that takes away from a fun league.  This isn't a pay league.

sept8-12: post cleaned of inappropriate comments. keep it professional ppl.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:21:11 PM by PigsRule »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jackdaniels

• All-Star
  • just hand me the bottle!
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :BostonCollege:
    • :NYRB:
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 10:20:33 PM »
The fairest way I believe would be to take all goalie out after 2012-13 season and have a re-draft with current salaries then. 2 round goalie draft (prospects excluded) then the fault would be on the GM to get a goalie that will contribute either now or in the future based on their team.

As much as I like this re-draft idea I don't think it works well at all in a contract dynasty league. It would be perfect in a regular keeper league.

Like I said I'm all for going with 1 starter. You don't want to over adjust without seeing how your first change alters league play.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:win: 2016-17 FRANCHISE NHL Champion :BOS-NHL:
:win: 2013-14 FRANCHISE NHL Champion :BOS-NHL:

Offline hockeyfreak47

• Legend
    • :OTT:
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2012, 01:18:23 AM »

4. cap goalie salaries per team at 10.0m (target revision starting 2014-15)

With most of you agreeing on the 1 starter rule i don't understand why the $10.0m cap rule is that much contested.

Here's my point of view :

The extension price for the best goalie in FNHL is $6.4m. So $10.0m is more than enough for each team to get a starter for a more balance and competitive league.

those who have more than 1 starter will be able to keep their best goalie and trade the other's and get great value for them .

this way we should not see any strating goalie in FA and no 10m bid .

the only way to get 2 starter will be if one of your prospect becomes one.

i see only 1 problem it's big contracts expiring 2014-15 and after.
this could be solved by ending all those contracts for 2013-14.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:NHL: 2011-12 Rebel NHL Stanley Cup Finalist :DET-NHL:       :NHL: 2013-14 Rebel NHL Stanley Cup Finalist :CHI-NHL:
:NHL: 2012-13 Prospectus Maximus NHL Stanley Cup Finalist :CLS:     :NHL: 2013-14 NHL Invita Stanley Cup Finalist :DET-NHL:
:NHL: 2012-13 CHL Division II Stanley Cup Champion :GAT-QHL: :win:
:NHL: 2012-13 Rebel NHL Stanley Cup Champion :DET-NHL: :win:
:NHL: 2012-13 Franchise NHL Stanley Cup Champion :PHO: :win:
 :PGA:  2013 The Clubhouse PGA champion :win:
2013-14 Rebel NHL Presidents Trophy :DET-NHL:
2013-14 NHL Invitational Presidents Trophy :CHI-NHL:

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 12:27:12 PM »
this thread has been cleaned + off-topic posts moved to the invalid transactions section.

let's stay on topic here ppl.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Florida Panthers ... link to team page

2023-24 FRANCHISE NHL PAYOUT TO CHAMPION ... :money: $530.00USD :money:
ONLY THE BEST OWNERS WANTED

Offline hockeyfreak47

• Legend
    • :OTT:
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 01:16:03 PM »
Pigsrule, my language is not offensive.  Communist is not a dirty word.  I am a political philosophy major and I read books all day long on this stuff.  It's quite fine to draw parallels between real life economics and this league. 

Please do not infringe upon my right to free speech. 

The problem is that it artificially caps what a manager can do.  If a manager wants to spend big on goalies they should be able to.  If we cap the money spent on goalies it merely means there will be more ridiculous contracts for other players.  It shifts the problem.  If you let people do what they want it makes it REAL...please please read a very small book, Economics in one easy lesson by the great Austrian Economist Henry Hazlitt...it is all explained very clearly that administrative price setting ALWAYS leads to inefficiency in the market place.  This would be the worst thing we could do to this league is start capping how much can be spent where. 

Am I typing in french?

I do see your point on this and you are right when you say ( If we cap the money spent on goalies it merely means there will be more ridiculous contracts for other players. ) but the problem is not paying big money for players it's team not having any starter . with no cap on goalie we will still have the same problem as 50 % of the league could end up with 2 starter .
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:NHL: 2011-12 Rebel NHL Stanley Cup Finalist :DET-NHL:       :NHL: 2013-14 Rebel NHL Stanley Cup Finalist :CHI-NHL:
:NHL: 2012-13 Prospectus Maximus NHL Stanley Cup Finalist :CLS:     :NHL: 2013-14 NHL Invita Stanley Cup Finalist :DET-NHL:
:NHL: 2012-13 CHL Division II Stanley Cup Champion :GAT-QHL: :win:
:NHL: 2012-13 Rebel NHL Stanley Cup Champion :DET-NHL: :win:
:NHL: 2012-13 Franchise NHL Stanley Cup Champion :PHO: :win:
 :PGA:  2013 The Clubhouse PGA champion :win:
2013-14 Rebel NHL Presidents Trophy :DET-NHL:
2013-14 NHL Invitational Presidents Trophy :CHI-NHL:

joeshmoe

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
I do see your point on this and you are right when you say ( If we cap the money spent on goalies it merely means there will be more ridiculous contracts for other players. ) but the problem is not paying big money for players it's team not having any starter . with no cap on goalie we will still have the same problem as 50 % of the league could end up with 2 starter .

If you cap the amount paid on goalies (this is not an argument against 1 goalie...I think that's okay) it will INCREASE the problem, if the problem truly is that teams don't have starters.  Let me explain.  The price of goalies will go down, which means teams will have money to spend on more goalies.  If the price was increased (ie. due to natural market demands[supply vs demand]) then teams would have less to spend on goalie #2 and Goalie #3 meaning there the demand goes down, and price goes down, and more teams may afford goalies.

I also don't think that teams need babying by the rules to make sure they have starters....some real NHL teams don't have real starters either!!  You have to make your decisions about spending somewhere.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Capn Cally

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 10
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :VAN:
    • :VAN-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 02:20:04 PM »
My opinion.... Joeshmoe should start his own league, brand new from scratch so he can write his own rules, the way HE wants them!

Reading all the posts on this league, it seems like joeshmoe has a problem or disagreement or opinion on almost all of the topics and rules and rulings on here.

Not sure if he's just bitter about his team being screwed over and losing Marchand and Bishop, or if he has a chip on his shoulder against one or more people or commish's in this league, but is sure seems like he's one unhappy bugger!

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corey

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2012, 06:58:49 PM »
To make these drastic changes is a horrible idea.

Teams made moves because of starting 2 goalies and they points they acquire.

Roster positions and scoring are the two things in leagues that you should not mess with. It would be extremely disappointing if these changed, and a big mistake.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

* FNHL Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: @Brent we sincerely hope that you do join as a HOF level dynasty GM. The rules and a lot of format carry over from one LIVE league to another.
    May 21, 2024, 11:56:46 PM
  • Daddy: We believe that even if you don't know a sport well, we provide the material, and enough guidance advice that any disadvantages are minimized. Hockey is one of the greatest sports of all time.
    May 21, 2024, 11:58:09 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Brent should I put you on the waiting list for the next opening?
    Yesterday at 10:53:35 AM
  • Brent: Nah, I need to resist.  I built the team I wanted and decided to leave so that's on me.
    Yesterday at 11:28:04 AM
  • indiansnation: Is their a way i can lgo and check out prospects in nhl live and get statistics
    Yesterday at 01:02:05 PM
  • Daddy: We have the same prospects as real life. Same draft class coming in. You are loaded for Bear.
    Yesterday at 01:06:11 PM
  • Daddy: The contracts that expire in 2023. Are upcoming FA. We giving a chance to extend 6/1
    Yesterday at 01:08:31 PM
  • indiansnation: I finally looked at the minors and i got a 40 year old player in my minors
    Yesterday at 01:27:00 PM
  • Daddy: Did we put Sidney Crosby in your Juniors? Whats the resolution you seek?
    Yesterday at 01:57:39 PM
  • indiansnation: No resolution i just saw it. No rrsolution
    Yesterday at 05:49:02 PM
  • Daddy: Ok. You know you can cut anyone you want and with FROZEN FRENZY as well as the draft we all have a ton of moves to make.
    Yesterday at 06:11:32 PM
  • Daddy: Hockey players don't make what football, basketball, baseball players make. The cap is lower than other LIVE leagues.
    Yesterday at 06:13:00 PM
  • Daddy: NFL Teams in OTAs. Hockey & Baseball Drafts approach
    Yesterday at 06:14:26 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah when we were filling rosters we just included everyone we could since they can be cut. I will be cutting a chunk of guys once we start up
    Yesterday at 06:14:45 PM
  • Daddy: Trading too. Not just cutting. Virgin teams need diversified. Ive seen owners swap half of they're starting players to get diversified.
    Yesterday at 06:16:51 PM
  • Daddy: New leagues should be the most active because everyone has a ton of assets.
    Yesterday at 06:18:24 PM
  • Bigdon: Is there any openings in nfl.l8ve
    Yesterday at 11:09:21 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey bigdon if u looking to trade in mlb live let me know im guardians
    Yesterday at 11:24:50 PM
  • Bigdon: Well listen to all offers I need team in nfl live I am in all other leagues
    Yesterday at 11:31:05 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon pm sent u trade offer in mlb live
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon sent u new pm with new trade offer
    Today at 12:08:07 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon ill post trade right know
    Today at 12:13:33 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon trade posted in mlb live
    Today at 12:24:42 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: bigdon sent ya a message also i dont think nfl has any openings rn
    Today at 12:31:00 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayarea Ballers pm about giants in mlb live
    Today at 12:32:31 AM
  • Brent: Angels looking for a power bat in MLB Live.
    Today at 07:17:38 AM
  • Daddy: When i started on profsl in 2010 my first league i had to pay $45 for the Milwaukee Brewers in a start up league called SD.
    Today at 10:45:05 AM
  • Daddy: SD = Scouting Department
    Today at 10:45:26 AM
  • Daddy: Papps recruited me on our job. The only team available in a full and active money league.
    Today at 10:46:25 AM
  • Daddy: They vetoed my first 7 trade attempts. They publicly insulted me, calling me dumb, saying i should be kicked out the league because it was obvious i didnt know what i was doing.
    Today at 10:47:37 AM
  • Daddy: Im year 2 i won the championship and the prize pool. I would win it repeatedly afterwards.
    Today at 10:48:26 AM
  • Daddy: My Dad joined. Then these same fools said he was my burner account.
    Today at 10:48:56 AM
  • Daddy: When it was obvious he was someone else, they started saying we couldn't trade with each other or we were cheating.
    Today at 10:49:44 AM
  • Daddy: Profsl had a bunch of pencil dik crooks on it. All over the place. Corrupt LMs orchestrating trades to try to pre determine who won.
    Today at 10:50:57 AM
  • Daddy: To keep the money between "certain guys". That way it stayed in house and they just kept robbing fools.
    Today at 10:51:49 AM
  • Daddy: I created LIVE because LIVE is what those fake ass leagues were supposed to be.
    Today at 10:52:24 AM
  • Daddy: Real competition. Where your competition cant cheat ya and anyone that beats ya deserved to do so.
    Today at 10:53:15 AM
  • Daddy: All those bums & crooks & morons have either left profsl for good or they stay in the background, watching, and gossiping behind my back like a bunch of street corner hookers.
    Today at 10:54:41 AM
  • Daddy: Now all we do on profsl is play ball.
    Today at 10:55:51 AM
  • Daddy: How did i win a money league that they were cheating in? Because if you cheat, you still gotta be right about the players. They were smart at being crooks. Dumb at building teams.
    Today at 10:59:54 AM
  • OUDAN: I miss money dynasty lesgues
    Today at 11:27:47 AM
  • OUDAN: Ran correctly that is
    Today at 11:28:50 AM
  • Daddy: Agreed Dan. This site was popping 14 years ago with half ass product. Every league here today offers a unique top quality product.
    Today at 01:09:03 PM
  • Daddy: Upcoming $$$ league [link] Powerhouse Baseball @Alpha5 (LIVE moderator) LM.
    Today at 01:57:27 PM
  • OUDAN: Need a $$ basketball league badly
    Today at 02:58:32 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I finally finalized my first off-season trade in CCD
    Today at 03:17:54 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Trading away PJ washington
    Today at 03:18:02 PM
  • Daddy: @Dan Powerhouse is coming to all sports. 20 player redraft concept using LIVE style scoring.
    Today at 04:58:27 PM
  • Daddy: Powerhouse hockey 30 player & football 53 player redraft.... Basketball is 15 players i think but these are in concept stages except baseball. Powerhouse Baseball 2025 is coming.
    Today at 05:02:29 PM
  • Daddy: Powerhouse = $$$ & redraft.
    Today at 05:03:34 PM