Author Topic: Buccos re-acquire Zimmerman  (Read 614 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
Buccos re-acquire Zimmerman
« on: June 19, 2012, 12:20:28 PM »
This is a risky deal for Pittsburgh.  Zimmerman is not performing this year and we give up production (Snyder, Pierre, and company outperforming Zimmerman) for potential based on the past.  We are also giving up a couple top specs in the organization.  The wildcard race is just heating up.

:PIT: receives
CI Zimmerman, Ryan, $9m (2013) + $7.5m in 2012 + $3m in 2013

:COL: receives
CI Snyder, Brandon, $0.5m (P-n/a)
OF Pierre, Juan, $3m (2012) + $2.5m in 2012
OF Denorfia, Chris, $0.5m (2012)
OF McElroy Jr., CJ, $0.5m (P-n/a)
P Vizcaino, Arodys, $0.5m (P-n/a)
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

speedster18431

Re: Buccos re-acquire Zimmerman
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:52:56 PM »
Rockies accept this deal to help create depth on my team. I hate losing Zimmerman but getting those really nice specs in return will help my team grow in the future and with this trade I still keep my core players.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline papps

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 9
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »
WOW.  How far has Zimmerman fallen that he gets traded for a bag of baseballs.  He is having a terrible year but I thought he get more than that in return.  Injuries are really hurting that guy. Great pickup for the Pirates.

:iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 - 2021 NFL Live Champion :TB-NFL:
🏆 - 2020 Bush League Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 Franchise GM Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 The League Champion :PIT-NFL:
🏆 - 2016 Moneyball II Champion :BOS:
🏆 - 2010 Agents vs GMs Champion :PHI:

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 02:25:08 PM »
WOW.  How far has Zimmerman fallen that he gets traded for a bag of baseballs.  He is having a terrible year but I thought he get more than that in return.  Injuries are really hurting that guy. Great pickup for the Pirates.

:iatp:

I hear you.  I saw him recently dropped in a 10-team league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corey

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 03:27:25 PM »
Are the Rockies aware they will need to drop 4 guys for this trade. They lose real bad already this is a dagger

Papps I agree. Im not going to vote yet. I dont like the deal.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline shooter47

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 04:16:01 PM »
Are the Rockies aware they will need to drop 4 guys for this trade. They lose real bad already this is a dagger

Papps I agree. Im not going to vote yet. I dont like the deal.

I also have not voted yet because I am still thinking about this deal.  First glance I think it is pretty bad for the Rockies  The Rockies also made a trade with the mets where they moved 3 players for 4 players meaning that with this trade they would need to drop 5 players total.  At best it seems like they will be dropping players similar to those that they have acquired in the trade. 

When campaigning for the job speedster posted the following:

The Rockies are in a good spot but doesnt have alot of cap space open but they have good young players already locked up long term who are all ready and future all stars.
Building around Zimmerman, Pedroia, Tulowitzki, Bruce, Upton, Price, Lester and McCann there is a lot to like about this lineup and pitching staff.

That being said some work is needed to get COL to contending for the division.( Being healthy will help). They need some more SP and some proven bats in CI positions as well as overall depth in the lineup. These will be addressed down the road after getting a look at who's avail in FA or via trade during the year. (Well be getting with you Oudan you are the trade king) :thumbsup:

This is the second time in two weeks he has taken a good young player he was going to build around and trading them for a "bag of baseballs".

This shows me that the GM is not sticking to the plan he said he was going to or that he does not understand the various aspects of the league yet.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corey

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 04:54:28 PM »
Shooter, do you feel the trade with :NYM: was suspect. If so we can remove it for the sake of the Colorado franchise. I honestly thing it helps them as Span and Young point wise have been very close every season. But if the league doesnt feel that way, then we need to do something about it.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline shooter47

• MVP
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 06:05:21 PM »
Shooter, do you feel the trade with :NYM: was suspect. If so we can remove it for the sake of the Colorado franchise. I honestly thing it helps them as Span and Young point wise have been very close every season. But if the league doesnt feel that way, then we need to do something about it.

I understand the logic in the trade between the Mets and Rockies.  The rockies move Young who will cost at least $10m per year to resign this offseason for a similar OF in span who is cost controlled for the next few years.  They give up a couple of young high risk high reward prospects in bethancourt and santana for pitching depth in Matsuzaka and Gregerson and an OF prospect who is close to the majors and looked good in a limited stretch this year.  The Rockies also only have to create one roster space for this trade.  This deal helps the rockies compete this year and helps the cap space in the next few years and think it is a good move for both teams. 

This deal on the other hand makes no sense to me.  The rockies move Zimmerman who likely has the highest upside at CI for them (a position they are weak at) for Brandon Snyder who is nothing more then a bench CI in the major leagues, Juan Pierre and Chris Denorfia who are two older OF that add depth to the Rockies, (OF is a position of strength for the rockies although lacking depth) and two prospects (One is an OF that is a long way off after being drafted from High school last year and will sit on the rockies 40 man roster and another who is out this year after TJ surgery and will likely be a RP when he comes back.)  Then you add in the fact that they have to drop 4 players from there roster to make this trade and it just seems like a horrible trade for the Rockies.  As a TC member I try not to bring my personal evaluations into a deal and look more for collusion between two owners or if the deal is lopsided in one way.  I would typically give a veteran owner with more experience the benefit of the doubt.  In this case I see a new owner who has joined the league and is too eager to start making moves and hasn't taken the time to read the rules, research the league and formulate a plan on how to build a team. The following explanation from speedster for his reasoning on the trade leaves me wondering.

Rockies accept this deal to help create depth on my team. I hate losing Zimmerman but getting those really nice specs in return will help my team grow in the future and with this trade I still keep my core players.

I have yet to vote on this deal and would like a more detailed explanation from speedster on the reasoning behind why he made this deal and maybe an idea of who he plans on dropping for the deal to go through.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 07:33:38 PM »
We can pull this deal back as it doesn't look like it will pass.  I didn't take into account the players the Rockies would have to drop.  All in all, I had an interest in Young and Zimmerman because they had shorter contracts, were having bad years, and had potential for the 2nd half based on their past production.  Vizcaino is a former top spec and the other players are fill-in contributors that no one would drop.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 10:26:13 PM »
This deal is crap.  While Zimmerman has fallen, there is very little upside on the other side of the deal.  Zimmerman still is young enough to have upside.  Plus as mentioned, dropping 4 guys is further negative value.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: I dont mean to bruise anyone's vagina. I cant help myself. Im a habitual vagina bruiser. Sincerely.
    Yesterday at 02:11:08 PM
  • OUDAN: Imagine lying to all of us like that lollll\
    Yesterday at 03:48:54 PM
  • Daddy: Up yours Danno :rofl:
    Yesterday at 04:16:28 PM
  • OUDAN: Hahaha
    Yesterday at 04:22:07 PM
  • Daddy: Takes a certain kind of guy to even do dynasty and unfortunately many of them are.. umm "sensitive" is a good word. I am a lot of personality, but im very good at what i do. I might suck at everything else but in dynasty fantasy i am ELITE.
    Yesterday at 04:29:57 PM
  • Daddy: As both an owner & moderator. It im ok letting you know about it.
    Yesterday at 04:30:41 PM
  • Daddy: Its ok to be diverse. Dont chat
    Yesterday at 04:31:36 PM
  • Daddy: Close the chat and just run your team.
    Yesterday at 04:31:59 PM
  • Daddy: In dynasty fantasy i have the Mamba mentality and there are others like me.
    Yesterday at 04:33:49 PM
  • Daddy: You own a baseball team for ten years and get mad you have to throw 35 innings pitched. In a week. Of baseball. Da fuq? No. Get out. Dont want you.
    Yesterday at 04:36:25 PM
  • Daddy: Fuq u been doing? Try art or some Crap. Take up painting. Ten years you cant field a starting rotation? Da fuq is you illiterate?
    Yesterday at 04:38:27 PM
  • Daddy: PLAYSTATION/XBOX = EA Sports (its in the game! :) )
    Yesterday at 04:40:06 PM
  • Daddy: The rest of you join my big mouth ass and lets play ball.
    Yesterday at 04:41:03 PM
  • Daddy: Hockey fan much [link] NHL LIVE is fantasy hockey on illegal substances. Just like NFL/MLB LIVE it offers a unique perspective on "modern day" fantasy sport experience.
    Yesterday at 05:27:47 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE owners here are your spreadsheets [link] you can see your Franchises, your availability cap, your RFAs, all of it. Make your plans. Talk yo talk. Be ready.
    Yesterday at 05:50:15 PM
  • STLBlues91: I will be around the rest of the night. I will finish correcting 5 spreadsheets and then they all should match. I am officially on summer vacation
    Yesterday at 06:35:36 PM
  • Daddy: Shot out to YURmom. The first female of LIVE as its only female LIVE GM. Thats a keeper @Mt_Crushmore! :toast:
    Yesterday at 09:23:01 PM
  • Daddy: #Chicks dig da dynasty
    Yesterday at 09:24:43 PM
  • Daddy: Shot out to all actively bidding in the Nico Hoerner sweepstakes! [link] MLB LIVE never sleeps.
    Yesterday at 09:29:27 PM
  • Daddy: Shot out to @jmntl82 [link] congratulations on your first of many LIVE trades.
    Yesterday at 09:31:14 PM
  • Daddy: Well damn.. congratulations on your second trade in the last fifteen minutes. :rofl: Bartender i will have what he's having.
    Yesterday at 09:37:13 PM
  • IndianaBuc: I’ll have a double.
    Yesterday at 09:38:53 PM
  • jmntl82: Stay tuned, we're building something over here in Detroit
    Yesterday at 09:43:10 PM
  • Brent: PM sent Detroit
    Yesterday at 09:51:02 PM
  • Rhino7: Bartender pour me another :toast:
    Yesterday at 09:56:30 PM
  • Daddy: We are building something. In every sport. Non stop. Its what we do.
    Yesterday at 10:11:31 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Yup, sometimes people dont see the vision. Sometimes the vision Fricks up. You dont know till the chips are cashed in
    Yesterday at 10:12:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I once traded a full draft class 1-7, an additional 1st, 3 offensive flyer players for what player you might ask?
    Yesterday at 10:13:27 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: WR Jalen Reagor lmaaooo  :rofl:
    Yesterday at 10:14:04 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: And won my first chip that same season. Reagor starting in the flex scoring 9 points
    Yesterday at 10:14:39 PM
  • jmntl82: How did the other team finish?
    Yesterday at 10:16:01 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: It was dallas. I think he missed the playoffs that year. Then used the draft picks on the 2021 class. Every pick was the 32nd pick (dont remembee what the other 1st became)
    Yesterday at 10:18:22 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Idk if anyone remembers the 2021 class but it was weak on offense outside or the top 10-15. I dont regret the deal just learned and move on. As long as you have assets, you can mold your build how you want. Picks are usually the most valuable asset because most gms want in on a draft.
    Yesterday at 10:19:34 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: The results of that draft class is here [link]
    Yesterday at 10:20:27 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Every 32 overall pick dallas makes in each round came from that trade
    Yesterday at 10:20:54 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: The 2024 and 2025 classes look much more promising than that one lol
    Yesterday at 10:22:06 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: 2021 draft class was my worst class as a NFL Live gm. my 2022 and 2023 were better
    Yesterday at 10:32:52 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I think it was the worst for most of us. It was a bad class overall. The top was amazing tho
    Yesterday at 10:42:05 PM
  • jimw: Etienne is amazing. He was near the top of that draft lol
    Yesterday at 11:18:42 PM
  • Brent: I got Nico Collins at 26.
    Yesterday at 11:20:10 PM
  • Daddy: You can use his bat n glove.
    Yesterday at 11:41:35 PM
  • dbreer23: I'm having issues trying to access league SS using Google Sheets. Anyone else having problems?
    Today at 12:32:38 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: :beer:
    Today at 12:42:14 AM
  • Daddy: Which league SS
    Today at 12:56:47 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE Buzz... "Tomas Hertl has just purchased land in the Delaware Valley. His agent suggests he loves Cheesesteaks
    Today at 01:30:45 AM
  • dbreer23: All league SS
    Today at 01:55:17 AM
  • dbreer23: which sucks bc I am headed out of town again tomorrow.
    Today at 01:55:29 AM
  • dbreer23: I'll be back on Monday to get things back in order in all leagues.
    Today at 02:00:12 AM
  • Daddy: Its local on your end @Dan
    Today at 02:06:12 AM
  • Daddy: I can see them all.
    Today at 02:06:47 AM