Author Topic: RC Decision - rule proposal  (Read 3297 times)

Dan Wood

Re: RC Decision - rule proposal
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »
Plus our ip limit was 20 higher last season... Most weren't reaching the loophole
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corey

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »
Over 65 doesnt count. If someone goes over we look at there lineup and find out the last pitcher to pitch and then remove those points.

Simple!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »
Over 65 doesnt count. If someone goes over we look at there lineup and find out the last pitcher to pitch and then remove those points.

Simple!

This is what I suggested as well...I don't mind doing the adjusting if someone report the cases to me.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corey

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 07:40:54 PM »
This is what I suggested as well...I don't mind doing the adjusting if someone report the cases to me.

Id help you look for them. Wont be hard at all
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
RC Decision - rule proposal
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 08:20:10 PM »
OR put the onus on the GM.  If their score is zero because of the hard cap then they must post within a week in the transactions board to have their lineup fixed.  They receive three chances per year.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

KDoc09

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 09:08:05 PM »
Now I am not on the RC, but as a longtime member I thought I might chime in on this. I don't think that most of our staffs would be able to make the 65 IP in a week without some sort of lineup manipulation so if you are active enough to change your lineup that frequently, you should be able to within some sort of reasonable measure, be able to figure out of you are going to be over the limit. Or maybe I am wrong, but what I am saying is that if you are that on top of things, passing the limit is not something that would happen by accident. As Dan has stated and most of you have agreed, it is a loophole and I do think that it is being exploited by some owners. I propose that we cap the IP at 65 so that any points over that are null and void. I do like Colby's suggestion for a three strikes rule as well. Perhaps we can use that to establish which GM's are using this loophole for nefarious means and which ones are simply an oversight. I also agree with Corey in that I sometimes set my lineups on Friday and while I am not in jeopardy of passing this mark, I think a complete forfeiture or something as severe may be a bit harsh. However, if this happens frequently (3 times or more0 then perhaps the RC and the other GMs have a right to enact such a penalty. Like a tiered penalty system (a la MLB PED testing); Once, points do not count above 65. Twice, points do not count above 65 IP and a penalty of some sort; for example -100 points for the week. And then third and all future offenses would be the doomsday rule, forfeiture of the week or something to that. Seems like a lot I know but it seems to balance fairness to those who follow the rules but might make a mistake one week while penalizing repeat offenders who may be seeking to exploit a loophole. Just my two cents, thank you all for your time.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corey

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 09:15:53 PM »
Now I am not on the RC, but as a longtime member I thought I might chime in on this. I don't think that most of our staffs would be able to make the 65 IP in a week without some sort of lineup manipulation so if you are active enough to change your lineup that frequently, you should be able to within some sort of reasonable measure, be able to figure out of you are going to be over the limit. Or maybe I am wrong, but what I am saying is that if you are that on top of things, passing the limit is not something that would happen by accident. As Dan has stated and most of you have agreed, it is a loophole and I do think that it is being exploited by some owners. I propose that we cap the IP at 65 so that any points over that are null and void. I do like Colby's suggestion for a three strikes rule as well. Perhaps we can use that to establish which GM's are using this loophole for nefarious means and which ones are simply an oversight. I also agree with Corey in that I sometimes set my lineups on Friday and while I am not in jeopardy of passing this mark, I think a complete forfeiture or something as severe may be a bit harsh. However, if this happens frequently (3 times or more0 then perhaps the RC and the other GMs have a right to enact such a penalty. Like a tiered penalty system (a la MLB PED testing); Once, points do not count above 65. Twice, points do not count above 65 IP and a penalty of some sort; for example -100 points for the week. And then third and all future offenses would be the doomsday rule, forfeiture of the week or something to that. Seems like a lot I know but it seems to balance fairness to those who follow the rules but might make a mistake one week while penalizing repeat offenders who may be seeking to exploit a loophole. Just my two cents, thank you all for your time.

Very well said Kris.

:iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kungfuwig

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NY:
    • :CLG:
    • :ArizonaState:
    • View Profile
RC Decision - rule proposal
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 10:13:19 PM »
I agree w a 3-strike rule. I do think that the punishment for it happening the first two times is to remove those points. I went over the limit this week by two innings but didn't even know I was going to because I had never before. If those last relief pitcher points were taken off and I was given one strike I would keep a better eye and not hate the league for losing me match ups in a tight race.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4wscpz
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is your life and its ending one minute at a time"

Dan Wood

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »
OK so lets tally up...

1. Corey and Howe will be the adjustment bureau - yay for me
2. 3 strike rule - Yay for me
 - 1st and 2nd time offense - loss of points over 65
 - 3rd time offense - loss of points over 65 plus an additional 100 points for the week
 - 4th time and after - loss of all pitching scoring for that week

goes into effect starting next week

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline shooter47

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 10:50:39 AM »
OK so lets tally up...

1. Corey and Howe will be the adjustment bureau - yay for me
2. 3 strike rule - Yay for me
 - 1st and 2nd time offense - loss of points over 65
 - 3rd time offense - loss of points over 65 plus an additional 100 points for the week
 - 4th time and after - loss of all pitching scoring for that week

goes into effect starting next week

:iatp:

As many others have stated I think that losing all pitching points the first time is too harsh of a penalty.  I like the three strikes system.  I don't think that every team that goes over the IP limit is trying to do that.  You could technically be 24 innings from the limit and start 3 pitchers who all pitch Complete games and you would go over.  Now the chances of that happening are slim but it could happen and I would hate to see a GM get penalized all of their points for something like that.  This is why I support the three strikes approach. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Edmonton would also be armed to the teeth. Our draft is just a few days after the real one. We aint got time to ho hum. Its bout to be go time.
    Today at 01:44:09 PM
  • Daddy: You interested in The Flyers draft picks. I need names. I need pms. By 6/2 my picks will belong to some very fortunate franchise.
    Today at 01:47:39 PM
  • Daddy: Some of you guys have known me for fourteen years or more. I am a very reliable source for draft picks no matter the sport.
    Today at 01:55:39 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: what exactly are u looking for
    Today at 01:59:10 PM
  • Daddy: Depends on the team. Each one has something different. G, C, D, Crap we need wingers, i prefer guys that play both LW/RW. Im looking to improve. Thats always what im looking for. But to do so in a way that my partner also improves.
    Today at 02:02:32 PM
  • Daddy: You can build a dominant team without dominating every trade or even any trade. Doesn't matter what you give up if you get what you see as a key piece.
    Today at 02:03:49 PM
  • Daddy: Edmonton and LA are the leaders for my picks. LA unfortunately has no GM and by the time one sacs up im going to probably have dealt.
    Today at 02:05:53 PM
  • Daddy: You know we speak like this is boxing. Like there is a physical contest and you here me joking about foots etc. but we including myself are couch jockeys.
    Today at 02:08:39 PM
  • Daddy: Smack talk comes with sports. Ask about Kobe. Ask about Jordan. Ask about most of the greats. We are boxing gents. Mental boxing. From our phones and computers.
    Today at 02:09:52 PM
  • Daddy: I dont mean to bruise anyone's vagina. I cant help myself. Im a habitual vagina bruiser. Sincerely.
    Today at 02:11:08 PM
  • OUDAN: Imagine lying to all of us like that lollll\
    Today at 03:48:54 PM
  • Daddy: Up yours Danno :rofl:
    Today at 04:16:28 PM
  • OUDAN: Hahaha
    Today at 04:22:07 PM
  • Daddy: Takes a certain kind of guy to even do dynasty and unfortunately many of them are.. umm "sensitive" is a good word. I am a lot of personality, but im very good at what i do. I might suck at everything else but in dynasty fantasy i am ELITE.
    Today at 04:29:57 PM
  • Daddy: As both an owner & moderator. It im ok letting you know about it.
    Today at 04:30:41 PM
  • Daddy: Its ok to be diverse. Dont chat
    Today at 04:31:36 PM
  • Daddy: Close the chat and just run your team.
    Today at 04:31:59 PM
  • Daddy: In dynasty fantasy i have the Mamba mentality and there are others like me.
    Today at 04:33:49 PM
  • Daddy: You own a baseball team for ten years and get mad you have to throw 35 innings pitched. In a week. Of baseball. Da fuq? No. Get out. Dont want you.
    Today at 04:36:25 PM
  • Daddy: Fuq u been doing? Try art or some Crap. Take up painting. Ten years you cant field a starting rotation? Da fuq is you illiterate?
    Today at 04:38:27 PM
  • Daddy: PLAYSTATION/XBOX = EA Sports (its in the game! :) )
    Today at 04:40:06 PM
  • Daddy: The rest of you join my big mouth ass and lets play ball.
    Today at 04:41:03 PM
  • Daddy: Hockey fan much [link] NHL LIVE is fantasy hockey on illegal substances. Just like NFL/MLB LIVE it offers a unique perspective on "modern day" fantasy sport experience.
    Today at 05:27:47 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE owners here are your spreadsheets [link] you can see your Franchises, your availability cap, your RFAs, all of it. Make your plans. Talk yo talk. Be ready.
    Today at 05:50:15 PM
  • STLBlues91: I will be around the rest of the night. I will finish correcting 5 spreadsheets and then they all should match. I am officially on summer vacation
    Today at 06:35:36 PM
  • Daddy: Shot out to YURmom. The first female of LIVE as its only female LIVE GM. Thats a keeper @Mt_Crushmore! :toast:
    Today at 09:23:01 PM
  • Daddy: #Chicks dig da dynasty
    Today at 09:24:43 PM
  • Daddy: Shot out to all actively bidding in the Nico Hoerner sweepstakes! [link] MLB LIVE never sleeps.
    Today at 09:29:27 PM
  • Daddy: Shot out to @jmntl82 [link] congratulations on your first of many LIVE trades.
    Today at 09:31:14 PM
  • Daddy: Well damn.. congratulations on your second trade in the last fifteen minutes. :rofl: Bartender i will have what he's having.
    Today at 09:37:13 PM
  • IndianaBuc: I’ll have a double.
    Today at 09:38:53 PM
  • jmntl82: Stay tuned, we're building something over here in Detroit
    Today at 09:43:10 PM
  • Brent: PM sent Detroit
    Today at 09:51:02 PM
  • Rhino7: Bartender pour me another :toast:
    Today at 09:56:30 PM
  • Daddy: We are building something. In every sport. Non stop. Its what we do.
    Today at 10:11:31 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Yup, sometimes people dont see the vision. Sometimes the vision Fricks up. You dont know till the chips are cashed in
    Today at 10:12:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I once traded a full draft class 1-7, an additional 1st, 3 offensive flyer players for what player you might ask?
    Today at 10:13:27 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: WR Jalen Reagor lmaaooo  :rofl:
    Today at 10:14:04 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: And won my first chip that same season. Reagor starting in the flex scoring 9 points
    Today at 10:14:39 PM
  • jmntl82: How did the other team finish?
    Today at 10:16:01 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: It was dallas. I think he missed the playoffs that year. Then used the draft picks on the 2021 class. Every pick was the 32nd pick (dont remembee what the other 1st became)
    Today at 10:18:22 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Idk if anyone remembers the 2021 class but it was weak on offense outside or the top 10-15. I dont regret the deal just learned and move on. As long as you have assets, you can mold your build how you want. Picks are usually the most valuable asset because most gms want in on a draft.
    Today at 10:19:34 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: The results of that draft class is here [link]
    Today at 10:20:27 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Every 32 overall pick dallas makes in each round came from that trade
    Today at 10:20:54 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: The 2024 and 2025 classes look much more promising than that one lol
    Today at 10:22:06 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: 2021 draft class was my worst class as a NFL Live gm. my 2022 and 2023 were better
    Today at 10:32:52 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I think it was the worst for most of us. It was a bad class overall. The top was amazing tho
    Today at 10:42:05 PM
  • jimw: Etienne is amazing. He was near the top of that draft lol
    Today at 11:18:42 PM
  • Brent: I got Nico Collins at 26.
    Today at 11:20:10 PM
  • Daddy: You can use his bat n glove.
    Today at 11:41:35 PM