Author Topic: Do We Want a TC?  (Read 6144 times)

joeshmoe

Re: Do We Want a TC?
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 11:57:52 AM »
I think it needs to stay as is.  If it isn't broken don't fix it.  I mean, really, who's on the TC?  Does anybody think there's people on the TC who are biased in their rulings?  I dunno, just doesn't seem to be broken to me.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Brewers GM

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 10:46:41 PM »
I don't think outsourcing the TC is the answer.  I don't think having an 'uber-educated' TC would make the difference, since I think we all agree the value in vetoed trades has been unbalanced.  It requires veteran league members to understand the difference between uneven and destructive as it relates to our league, and if the board members are from our league then what are we really changing? 

I would think people's frustration will only go up if some stranger who has never played here is vetoing their deal...
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 10:59:45 PM »
Well said Ben
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 10:44:32 AM »
I really want to give the ProFSL TC a try.  It would be a benefit to multiple leagues as it would streamline a lot of activity.  For those interested, feel free to apply at the new ProFSL TC boards on the main index.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Brewers GM

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2011, 12:35:59 AM »
I really want to give the ProFSL TC a try.  It would be a benefit to multiple leagues as it would streamline a lot of activity.  For those interested, feel free to apply at the new ProFSL TC boards on the main index.

I think whatever changes are made should go through the RC.  I also think it would be a good idea to let other leagues test out the TC if they're interested and FGM can check back in 6 months to a year to see if it would be a good improvement for us to also use it.  I personally don't think so, but at least this way we'll have some real evidence to make a decision from rather than our best guesses.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Orange Country

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 1281
    • :TEN:
    • :MEM:
    • :NAS:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2011, 12:56:27 AM »
I am not on the rules, trade, or executive committee and I am still fairly new, however how much more longer can we discuss a TC? This has been discussed for what seems like eons. I see all of these ideas thrown out to attempt to improve it when the system in place obviously has worked for some time. As Joshemoe said, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Colby is going forward with a new TC and the current one has vetoed 3 of my deals and the Yanks/Pirates deal is currently up in the air. It comes to a point where there is so many possible ideas that it might be best to just let it be and let this stuff die down. I am sure there are other issues the rules committee can discuss besides this.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corey

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2011, 04:39:17 AM »
i agree with you Colb
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline hank

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2011, 10:22:21 AM »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There are lies, there are outrageous lies, and there are statistics.
                                                                                --- Mark Twain

Offline shooter47

• MVP
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2011, 10:46:16 AM »
I think whatever changes are made should go through the RC.  I also think it would be a good idea to let other leagues test out the TC if they're interested and FGM can check back in 6 months to a year to see if it would be a good improvement for us to also use it.  I personally don't think so, but at least this way we'll have some real evidence to make a decision from rather than our best guesses.

Well said.  I think that any major changes to the league should be run through the rules commitee.  Why have a rules committee if we are not going to use them when making major changes to the league.  I also don't quite understand why the sudden urge to change the TC when it seemed to be working.  I am all for improving the system if it really needs to but to change this just because a few trades were vetoed doesn't seem to make sense.   I also don't really like the idea of taking the TC out of the league.  I feel like the people in the league would have a better understanding of the league and what the teams making the trades are trying to accomplish.  It would be alot of work for people outside of the league to fully understand FGM and then do the research into looking at both teams and the scoring of the league and how this impacts the trade.  I would like to see the TC in FGM continue in its current form through the end of the year.  I would also like to see the RC discuss the TC and decide if the process needs to be overhauled completely or just minor tweaks done to make it better.  I am not in favor of outsourcing the TC at all.  I also like the idea of supplying new GM's with a mentor in the league to show them the ropes and help them better understand the league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline molinator

• MVP
    • :RMA:
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »
Well said.  I think that any major changes to the league should be run through the rules commitee.  Why have a rules committee if we are not going to use them when making major changes to the league.  I also don't quite understand why the sudden urge to change the TC when it seemed to be working.  I am all for improving the system if it really needs to but to change this just because a few trades were vetoed doesn't seem to make sense.   I also don't really like the idea of taking the TC out of the league.  I feel like the people in the league would have a better understanding of the league and what the teams making the trades are trying to accomplish.  It would be alot of work for people outside of the league to fully understand FGM and then do the research into looking at both teams and the scoring of the league and how this impacts the trade.  I would like to see the TC in FGM continue in its current form through the end of the year.  I would also like to see the RC discuss the TC and decide if the process needs to be overhauled completely or just minor tweaks done to make it better.  I am not in favor of outsourcing the TC at all.  I also like the idea of supplying new GM's with a mentor in the league to show them the ropes and help them better understand the league.
:iatp: well said Bob  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: All anyone needs to do is show up. See for yourself. The world's finest GMs play right here on this site.
    June 11, 2024, 12:25:38 AM
  • Daddy: In every sport.
    June 11, 2024, 12:29:07 AM
  • Daddy: You trying to make a dollar while we trying to make history.
    June 11, 2024, 12:29:56 AM
  • Daddy: We all work, and sell or manufacture marijuana & marijuana accessories, or pimp, teach, doctor and politic for a living. Like honest Americans. We dont come here to get rich. Not yet anyways.
    June 11, 2024, 12:35:25 AM
  • Daddy: We want the smoke
    June 11, 2024, 12:35:51 AM
  • indiansnation: Shannonwalker2 pm
    June 11, 2024, 01:34:49 AM
  • indiansnation: Still looking to mAke trades in nhl live
    June 11, 2024, 01:38:28 AM
  • indiansnation: Might be willing to move Erik Karlsson   d in right deal
    June 11, 2024, 01:40:04 AM
  • jmntl82: Time to trade McCaffery
    June 11, 2024, 12:14:28 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the day for any trade talks
    June 11, 2024, 02:14:38 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Jmntl82 pm sent
    June 11, 2024, 04:08:37 PM
  • Alpha5: Oh the Madden curse. I just heard. I was confused haha
    June 11, 2024, 04:37:34 PM
  • Daddy: When the time comes. Im trading all these Timberwolves. Im extremely disappointed on fantrax.
    June 11, 2024, 09:27:23 PM
  • Daddy: I got the 29th pick :doh:
    June 11, 2024, 09:27:56 PM
  • STLBlues91: Youre roster looks better than mine though
    June 11, 2024, 09:28:46 PM
  • Daddy: Yours is empty.
    June 11, 2024, 09:32:45 PM
  • Daddy: You got the 2nd pick and you get to hand select your team, contracts and all.
    June 11, 2024, 09:33:25 PM
  • Daddy: You got it good my friend. I got what i got.
    June 11, 2024, 09:33:51 PM
  • Daddy: Till i trade these bad boyz. The Dirty Dawgz will immediately be open for business.
    June 11, 2024, 09:42:12 PM
  • Daddy: Come get these Timberwolves 2025 Draft Picks :)
    June 11, 2024, 09:43:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: When is draft day?
    June 11, 2024, 09:45:35 PM
  • Daddy: 9/1/24 8PM EST
    June 11, 2024, 09:46:32 PM
  • Daddy: We are a long way. We have summer player movement. An entire NBA off-season to track and keep up with including new player locations and contracts.
    June 11, 2024, 09:47:36 PM
  • Daddy: I think NCAA Hoops will be half over before the actual NBA season starts and we haven't even started on Hoops LIVE yet.
    June 11, 2024, 09:48:49 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA Hoops will directly be linked to NBA LIVE. I am Villanova in Hoops. Lets say i wanted a Venom player, but you thought i was a little short on value...
    June 11, 2024, 09:51:43 PM
  • Daddy: You could ask me to transfer portal a player from Villanova to your College program to sweeten the deal to get done.
    June 11, 2024, 09:52:32 PM
  • Daddy: Sorry haters... But thats dope IMO ;)
    June 11, 2024, 09:53:48 PM
  • Daddy: The Expansion Draft & Amateur Draft will be held on the same day. Tentatively scheduled for 9/1/24 beginning 9am EST until finished on a LIVE clock of one hour per selection before auto pick.
    June 11, 2024, 10:21:58 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE FRENZY is 9/1/24 8PM EST
    June 11, 2024, 10:22:40 PM
  • Daddy: MMMmmm. September 1st. Lordy. The servers may break.
    June 11, 2024, 10:23:29 PM
  • Daddy: Call in sick. Lock your Wife in the bathroom. Do what you gotta do. If you miss 9/1 on profsl you will not recover easy.
    June 11, 2024, 10:25:22 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im around the rest of the night for and trade talks
    June 11, 2024, 10:49:09 PM
  • Rhino7: I already called in sick for 9/1
    Yesterday at 12:41:01 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im around for any trade talks today
    Yesterday at 02:43:51 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: I've reached a new level of futility in my life: 10k posts here.  :)
    Yesterday at 03:09:35 PM
  • Rhino7: :toth:
    Yesterday at 03:15:17 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Nice work
    Yesterday at 03:30:10 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Im ready for the draft 8/1 in NFL Live
    Yesterday at 03:45:07 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Frenzy on 9/1 i will be bargain shopping in the flea market section. With a few coins and holes in my socks
    Yesterday at 03:45:56 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: 8/1 can't get here fast enough. 1 9 and 1.11 baby!!!!
    Yesterday at 07:57:46 PM
  • Brent: Those are good picks.
    Yesterday at 08:08:14 PM
  • Daddy: He wont have them by August :rofl:
    Yesterday at 09:18:27 PM
  • Daddy: These are dates to look forward to. NBA & NHL LIVE doesn't fire actual bullets until well after football starts. We try to hold events on the 1st of a month. The entry drafts are the only exceptions.
    Yesterday at 09:20:50 PM
  • Daddy: Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, LIVE drafts usually will happen one week after the actual draft.
    Yesterday at 09:22:04 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im around the rest of the night for any talks
    Yesterday at 09:42:17 PM
  • Brent: Same, I'm just doing homework.
    Yesterday at 09:45:14 PM
  • Braves155: I'll be around as well for some talks
    Yesterday at 10:07:12 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey if u pm me ill try and respond to them by late friday night. Im on a long stretch of work betten today till 3am friday night into daturday morning i gotta work 38 hrs so if u dont here from next 3 days thats why
    Today at 12:30:32 AM
  • indiansnation: Shannonwalker pm
    Today at 10:31:48 AM
  • Daddy: I thought he was retired or something
    Today at 10:43:25 AM