Author Topic: Do We Want a TC?  (Read 6029 times)

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: Do We Want a TC?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 01:32:31 PM »
OK strike #7... but I remember more than several times a TC member making a smarmy comment - I guess offer X was better than my offer. That kind of talk is not needed because already you have devalued your opinion.

You are right on this.  The concept is dead on and very valuable, the problem is the logistics just don't work.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »
I think it is needed because if an explanation is given, then it may not get a veto. If a GM gives their own perspective on a trade, it might give the members of the TC a different way to look at the trade, than they would have originally thought. I'm not suggesting 'War and Peace', just a brief summary. I do this because X is expensive, and I think Y will turn into a solid player. ETC.

Agreed, the more transparency, the better off we are whether the manager truly believes in the trade or is bein taken advantage of.  This is true regardless of the system.   
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Offline Paul S.

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 03:42:40 PM »
I think I have had a change of heart. I think sending it out of house may cause more problems than it solves. I propose the following.

1. 6 members on the TC - one from each division
2.Any divisional rival that makes a deal cannot have his trade approved or vetoed by the mebers of the TC that are in his division.
3. 3 approval votes or two vetoes
4. Past trades should not be considered. Values fluctuate over the course of a season and team needs change. Just because so and so was trade for player X two months ago, doesn't mean he merits that return now. Plus situations vary.
Example - I couldn't give Adam Lind away last year
5. a short summary as to why you are making this trade, and what you expect it will do for your team.
6. No one but the TC and the trading partners can post within a trade posting. It turns into pure chaos.
7. Any member of the TC that was involved in trade talks with a team involving a player that was dealt to another team may not vote on a trade - it is a conflict of interest.
8. Any trade vetoed needs to have an explanation why, and both GMs should be given a chance to defend their move.

That is just my two cents. Since we are already mid season - we already a system in place. I would more than happily represent the NL Central
:iatp:  I'm not a fan of TCs but this seems to be the best suggestion.  We need to ensure that trade voting is as unbiased as possible.  Great post Dan!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »
I am still behind the idea of a ProFSL Baseball TC.  We could have some good candidates on this such as MillerTime, Paul S., Mr.TradeKing, Corey, Jon, papps, BHows, JMACisBACK, and perhaps some others.  This would remove a lot of bias from the process and require more explanations from the parties involved in the trade as well as the TC.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 05:26:36 PM »
I am still behind the idea of a ProFSL Baseball TC.  We could have some good candidates on this such as MillerTime, Paul S., Mr.TradeKing, Corey, Jon, papps, BHows, JMACisBACK, and perhaps some others.  This would remove a lot of bias from the process and require more explanations from the parties involved in the trade as well as the TC.

I still prefer Colby's idea as well.  I think it is the best solution for this league and the site as a whole. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 05:58:37 PM »
I still prefer Colby's idea as well.  I think it is the best solution for this league and the site as a whole.

My idea, which isn't new, would also solve an issue where league members complain about their TCs and trade processing.  Trades would be processed quicker with much more information and less people will needed across the board to review these trades as they will go to one central, educated hub.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jon

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 384
    • :Tennessee:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 05:59:22 PM »
Colby,

I have a idea.  First of all I would be happy to serve.

now, Your board mods and your HOF members are supposed to be the members most above board and never allow personal feelings be involved.  Those are the members that are well the very top. 

Your HOF members should serve the board without question.  I think that makes the HOF worth being in and brings real responsibility to the position. 

If you look at your Mods and you can say that if any one of them is not capable of showing bi partial feeligns then 1.  remove them from that post and 2 they obviously should not serve this.   Now saying that I know at first it may sound like I have a ax to grind with MOD's which I DO NOT.  I am looking at this from a different view pt, outside the box. 

so again, you have a TC already in place but most importantly it brings real time value to the HOF members voted in and it brings accountability to the mod position. 

I think that one thing that no matter how you look at it is real human emotions.  I think another rule that I would like to see adopted by all leagues in the family is not allowing new members to trade at all for the first 2 weeks he is here.  It gives the new owner a chance to digest rules and scoring for the league as well as get to know his team.  It aslo will help remove the ( shark mentality ) that some owners feel other members are.  Or the feeling that new owners can feel as soon as they arrive then get owners of all walks of life putting pressure on them. 

I can tell you that I would adopt this rule in DME, Nl Only and FBF.  To me it just makes sence and it serves greater good than bad.

thanks,
JOn
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

E.J.

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2011, 06:12:42 PM »
:iatp:  I'm not a fan of TCs but this seems to be the best suggestion.  We need to ensure that trade voting is as unbiased as possible.  Great post Dan!

I know I am not on this league either but I would like to voice how I feel. As Paul said, I am not a fan of TC either. Some people on them are biased against certain people which them makes them feel as they need to veto a trade.

I would try to adopt these into my leagues as well, whether it is doing what you guys had stated above or abolishing the TC altogether or just putting it all to a league vote, which I have in FF. It seems to work well but I am always simple and fair.

If I do as you guys might do in FGM I would have to separate divisions a bit more. But I am glad this topic has been brought up out in the public instead of just via PM. I am not sure how I feel about everybody on the forum, or how many ever you have on the committee, voting on trades.

Just my 2 cents :beer:

-E.J.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 06:15:21 PM »
Good to have you on board Jon.  HOF members would be a great place to start... and they could serve for the sports of their choice.  Also, HOF members and global moderators may have their own times of inactivity, so they may not always serve.  I think we could be building something truly special here.

Oh yeah, BTW, we did have a two week probation in this league but disbanded as it really had no effect.  We decided to put more emphasis on the TC ensuring the member is educated, but all of this could be mitigated with an uber-active, educated ProFSL TC.

Re: E.J., only leagues that want to participate in a unified TC would be a part of it.  We could always set up one for the Multi-Sport leagues as well as there may be some unique cross-sport deals there.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

E.J.

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 06:22:11 PM »
Yeah some of the trades in Multi-Sport leagues can be quite complicated. But it wouldn't hurt. I just want people to be unbiased about certain trades.

Of course I don't mind helping either with it.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • BayAreaBallers: will that need to eb accounted for
    May 21, 2024, 10:00:22 PM
  • Daddy: @BAB as per LIVE rules... All new ownership gets free drops year one.
    May 21, 2024, 10:00:25 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: or are they still ours
    May 21, 2024, 10:00:28 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: that part i get
    May 21, 2024, 10:00:51 PM
  • Daddy: The rosters are set by a prior date not todays or tomorrows
    May 21, 2024, 10:00:53 PM
  • Daddy: If someone appears on your roster its because they are your player
    May 21, 2024, 10:01:21 PM
  • Daddy: Regardless of who they start the new season with.
    May 21, 2024, 10:01:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: are we allowed to post drops now or is that at a different time
    May 21, 2024, 10:02:42 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: last question
    May 21, 2024, 10:02:46 PM
  • Daddy: Only the newest NBA LIVE rosters are unknown as we will go with the newest version for the upcoming 2024/25 season.
    May 21, 2024, 10:02:54 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE you must wait.
    May 21, 2024, 10:03:15 PM
  • Daddy: It doesnt start till 6/1
    May 21, 2024, 10:03:28 PM
  • Daddy: We just work fast ;)
    May 21, 2024, 10:03:45 PM
  • Daddy: Looks like its ready but the SS isnt finished and we cant do transactions till we finish.
    May 21, 2024, 10:04:25 PM
  • Daddy: Its not like the others. Its got NHL/AHL and formulas need perfected.
    May 21, 2024, 10:04:56 PM
  • Daddy: A lot of LIVE GMs came after i had won in football and built a monster in baseball. Many of you weren't there for the start. Like STLBlues. Like Braves. So you talk smack to the old Man (me).
    May 21, 2024, 10:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: I cannot wait to start these virgin leagues. So that (you too BAB) can get your deserved foots from day one. :)
    May 21, 2024, 10:10:30 PM
  • Daddy: Size 13 (lubricant included sponsored by *Acme Bigfoot Jelly Inc)
    May 21, 2024, 10:12:47 PM
  • Brent: I don't know Hockey, but NHL Live sounds good.  I probably shouldn't have left FGM as I have a little more time than I thought after leaving a bunch of other leagues.
    May 21, 2024, 10:38:24 PM
  • STLBlues91: Think there are 3 more teams left until NHL gets filled up
    May 21, 2024, 10:40:10 PM
  • Daddy: Four (4) NY Islanders >> Nashville Predators >> Ottawa Senators >> LA Kings
    May 21, 2024, 10:50:47 PM
  • Daddy: They each had owners who uncommitted two of them went to other sites to try to copy the concept. Problem is no Daddy, no staff,  no LIVE.
    May 21, 2024, 10:52:54 PM
  • Daddy: Nobody on Earth does hockey like we are about to do it. Its a shame 28 teams are gone without most of the true profsl hockey guys signing up. That's a huge loss. For them.
    May 21, 2024, 10:54:45 PM
  • Daddy: If you love hockey and you love dynasty and you arent in LIVE than you must hate me or competition more than you love the others. Which is petty & not worth our efforts anyway.
    May 21, 2024, 10:56:10 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE Spreadsheet [link] should be available to be seen.
    May 21, 2024, 11:35:31 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent we sincerely hope that you do join as a HOF level dynasty GM. The rules and a lot of format carry over from one LIVE league to another.
    May 21, 2024, 11:56:46 PM
  • Daddy: We believe that even if you don't know a sport well, we provide the material, and enough guidance advice that any disadvantages are minimized. Hockey is one of the greatest sports of all time.
    May 21, 2024, 11:58:09 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Brent should I put you on the waiting list for the next opening?
    Yesterday at 10:53:35 AM
  • Brent: Nah, I need to resist.  I built the team I wanted and decided to leave so that's on me.
    Yesterday at 11:28:04 AM
  • indiansnation: Is their a way i can lgo and check out prospects in nhl live and get statistics
    Yesterday at 01:02:05 PM
  • Daddy: We have the same prospects as real life. Same draft class coming in. You are loaded for Bear.
    Yesterday at 01:06:11 PM
  • Daddy: The contracts that expire in 2023. Are upcoming FA. We giving a chance to extend 6/1
    Yesterday at 01:08:31 PM
  • indiansnation: I finally looked at the minors and i got a 40 year old player in my minors
    Yesterday at 01:27:00 PM
  • Daddy: Did we put Sidney Crosby in your Juniors? Whats the resolution you seek?
    Yesterday at 01:57:39 PM
  • indiansnation: No resolution i just saw it. No rrsolution
    Yesterday at 05:49:02 PM
  • Daddy: Ok. You know you can cut anyone you want and with FROZEN FRENZY as well as the draft we all have a ton of moves to make.
    Yesterday at 06:11:32 PM
  • Daddy: Hockey players don't make what football, basketball, baseball players make. The cap is lower than other LIVE leagues.
    Yesterday at 06:13:00 PM
  • Daddy: NFL Teams in OTAs. Hockey & Baseball Drafts approach
    Yesterday at 06:14:26 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah when we were filling rosters we just included everyone we could since they can be cut. I will be cutting a chunk of guys once we start up
    Yesterday at 06:14:45 PM
  • Daddy: Trading too. Not just cutting. Virgin teams need diversified. Ive seen owners swap half of they're starting players to get diversified.
    Yesterday at 06:16:51 PM
  • Daddy: New leagues should be the most active because everyone has a ton of assets.
    Yesterday at 06:18:24 PM
  • Bigdon: Is there any openings in nfl.l8ve
    Yesterday at 11:09:21 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey bigdon if u looking to trade in mlb live let me know im guardians
    Yesterday at 11:24:50 PM
  • Bigdon: Well listen to all offers I need team in nfl live I am in all other leagues
    Yesterday at 11:31:05 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon pm sent u trade offer in mlb live
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon sent u new pm with new trade offer
    Today at 12:08:07 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon ill post trade right know
    Today at 12:13:33 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon trade posted in mlb live
    Today at 12:24:42 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: bigdon sent ya a message also i dont think nfl has any openings rn
    Today at 12:31:00 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayarea Ballers pm about giants in mlb live
    Today at 12:32:31 AM