Author Topic: Entry Draft Idea  (Read 4586 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
Re: Entry Draft Idea
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:39 AM »
We may as well try the current system for 2010 and see how it goes.  Ben brings some good points to the table.  We could always make it so the 1st round is slow with a 24 hour window for each pick.  I imagine with our 30 active GMs that it would go quick (two weeks).
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Canada8999

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 07:36:38 PM »
If the problem is that our budgets do not reflect what a real MLB budget actually is, then I don't necessarily disagree.  However, I don't think splitting up the money is a great idea - teams should be responsible for allocating their money properly.

We already have plans to consider inflation of budgets as the years progress.  I would propose we re-evaluate budgets at the end of this season and see if we need a bigger hike to account for the problems being addressed here.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 07:49:48 PM »
Yes, that would be my argument. I tend to get carried away sometimes. I do not feel that the budgets we have represent what our real life counterparts have. I do agree that teams are responsible for their own budgets. All I am saying is that we are working with less of the pie then our counterparts. Meaning our team's budget is a representation of our MLB teams 40 man roster would have been as of last year. But, my argument is that MLB organizations have separate funds for things such as signing bonuses for amateur players. That is something I feel is lacking in our Franchise GM world. From what I can gather, the point of all the hard work that you guys have put in so far, is to get the closest facsimile of a real life MLB team. I just happen to think this is a part that is lacking. I think it puts teams in a tough spot when it comes to signing draft picks. I think the bad teams should get the best available players. But when you have a budget of 50 mil, it makes it difficult to sign someone to a 7 million signing bonus if that money is coming from a fund that is meant for active players. Because that is going to be another year where that team can't compete, because funds are being spent elsewhere, when normally those funds wouldn't come from there. I honestly hope this makes sense. I am not trying to rattle cages or anything like that. So I don't know if you guys agree with my POV, but I think it is something we should consider for the future of this league. Who wants to be bad and then have to sign some scrub prospect because you have no money in your 40 man budget? Well anyone outside of Dave Littlefield... ZING 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 02:17:26 PM »
I think this is a dead issue.  The remaining issue is when and how do we do the draft?   The original idea was to do it in a chat room.  I can implement a chat room in different parts of MLFB.

Another idea was to do an autodraft based on prerankings submitted by each GM.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Canada8999

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 07:33:58 PM »
I think this is a dead issue.  The remaining issue is when and how do we do the draft?   The original idea was to do it in a chat room.  I can implement a chat room in different parts of MLFB.

Another idea was to do an autodraft based on prerankings submitted by each GM.

First - a chat room would be great if you could add that for general purposes...

I'd vote for a slow draft on the board with time limits, where we'll still have in-draft control but be most flexible to the 30 different schedules we'll need to juggled.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lp815

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »
First - a chat room would be great if you could add that for general purposes...

I'd vote for a slow draft on the board with time limits, where we'll still have in-draft control but be most flexible to the 30 different schedules we'll need to juggled.

I'll agree with Ben.  A longer process, but probably move effective for the league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
What time limit do we want to impose?  We could go with 24 hours for the 1st round and 12 hours for all of the following rounds.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
 :bump:

We have three months until the entry draft is scheduled.  Let's figure out the specs of the slow draft.  I would also say that a week before the entry draft, GMs must make the provisions to their roster to be ready for the draft.  If they have X EDR spots available, then that is how many picks they get from their bunch.  The remaining later round picks become null and void.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lp815

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 04:57:31 PM »
Hmm...I dunno about that, Colb.  I plan on signing the players I can't fit on my EDR just to my 40 man roster.  I would rather not void out picks that I have earned, per se.  They are just as easy to release if I decide I don't want them (to save cap, etc.), rather than not being able to draft them at all.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 05:07:15 PM »
Hmm...I dunno about that, Colb.  I plan on signing the players I can't fit on my EDR just to my 40 man roster.  I would rather not void out picks that I have earned, per se.  They are just as easy to release if I decide I don't want them (to save cap, etc.), rather than not being able to draft them at all.

Excellent point... forget the void part and let's just vote on the specs.  I would like to see the draft conducted in a period of three months... from June through August.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: For that i got two TVs that could watch any game any time any where. Problem is they getting played at the same times. You cant watch every game. Why you charging me for every game?
    Yesterday at 05:27:40 PM
  • Daddy: If thats the case i should have access to 32 different monitors. Right?
    Yesterday at 05:30:19 PM
  • Daddy: Or maybe 16. I would take 16. But two. Give me my bread back Mafia!
    Yesterday at 05:31:38 PM
  • Daddy: Making me watch  Bo Nix + Zach Wilson + Jared Stidham = you should be paying me
    Yesterday at 05:33:56 PM
  • Daddy: Me and coach Payton [link]
    Yesterday at 05:34:53 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Thats cap by the way. I pay for my own way to watch my team
    Yesterday at 05:41:55 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I dont have your account or login
    Yesterday at 05:42:07 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I used yours for 1-2 seasons.
    Yesterday at 05:43:32 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I used my mothers for a decade before that
    Yesterday at 05:43:46 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: But ive used my way for the past few years. Ill be paying attention like i said
    Yesterday at 05:44:27 PM
  • Daddy: She deserves a refund too
    Yesterday at 05:46:27 PM
  • Daddy: The point was DirecTV never got in your pockets and it was a rip-off but they had a monopoly on the product. Im not loving all the streaming games but DTV will be paying $$$.
    Yesterday at 05:48:22 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: The new iteration with Youtube TV isnt the greatest either but an improvement on Directtv version
    Yesterday at 05:48:37 PM
  • Daddy: And your grandfather used it every year besides those two :rofl:
    Yesterday at 05:49:26 PM
  • Daddy: I kept DirecTV and always willing to share. But thats my point.
    Yesterday at 05:49:47 PM
  • Daddy: If i had 3 monitors rather than two or four rather than two, either me or moms save money. Lots of it.
    Yesterday at 05:50:26 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Yea your point is just wrong is all. Theyve gotten into my pockets directly and indirectly
    Yesterday at 05:51:03 PM
  • Daddy: Oh, i was unaware. DTV must have got us all.
    Yesterday at 05:51:55 PM
  • Daddy: I know you dont endorse them. Never did. I paid for lots of crap i never used. Just for NFL Sunday Ticket.
    Yesterday at 05:52:45 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I dont and didnt endorse cable period. The irony is streaming is becoming cable now.
    Yesterday at 05:55:39 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I paid for directtv version 1-2 years when i had my apartment. Not as much as the 35+ crowd but they did
    Yesterday at 05:56:34 PM
  • Daddy: Still never watched a game on YouTube. I miss the days of CBS = AFC >> FOX/NBC = NFC >> ABC = MNF
    Yesterday at 05:56:42 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: There was no reason to have directtv outside of sunday ticket. My apartment couldnt get it so i paid ONLY for sunday ticket
    Yesterday at 05:57:04 PM
  • Daddy: I was ok with TNF & SNF.
    Yesterday at 05:57:43 PM
  • Daddy: Its all over the place now. So ive stuck with what i know. The Ticket. I can't miss a Rams game. Not gonna do it.
    Yesterday at 05:58:45 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Now they stream some games only on amazon and peacock. I need a streaming lawsuit
    Yesterday at 06:01:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Dont forget disney + soon u will stream games pn their
    Yesterday at 09:43:09 PM
  • indiansnation: Disney trying yo buy nfl network and using espn as part of the trade off nfl will own a certain % of espn. First deal eas 70m for nfl network but nfl turned that down real quick
    Yesterday at 09:46:43 PM
  • indiansnation: Anyone want to talk trade nfl live,mlb live,fgm,armchair
    Yesterday at 10:00:02 PM
  • indiansnation: And any other league that im in that i didnt post yet
    Yesterday at 10:00:35 PM
  • Daddy: They keep throwing insane money at the NFL to televise games and owners share those shiny pennies just enough with the players.
    Yesterday at 10:39:25 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: I'm available.  Not sure if we match up anywhere other than NHL Live, but let me know if there's something you're interested in @Brian
    Yesterday at 10:45:39 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: The other leagues for me are FGM, MLB Live and DNHL in case any-one else is looking to do a deal
    Yesterday at 10:49:01 PM
  • Daddy: Healthy mix. Couple baseball, couple hockey, different scoring options.
    Yesterday at 11:08:15 PM
  • Daddy: You probably kick ass in all of them although NHL LIVE hasnt officially started.
    Yesterday at 11:08:42 PM
  • Daddy: I respect your gaming options
    Yesterday at 11:09:54 PM
  • Daddy: I would for sure be an FGM or Armchair owner if i were here for baseball. Powerhouse too. Why not? Great leagues with better LMs.
    Yesterday at 11:16:38 PM
  • Daddy: DNHL must be 15 years old. Gotta be doing something right. Most leagues dont make it past 5. Very few make it 10.
    Yesterday at 11:20:45 PM
  • Daddy: I think Rob been running that league longer than ive been on profsl. Legendary LM.
    Yesterday at 11:22:42 PM
  • indiansnation: Jmntl82 pm important messave about armchair
    Yesterday at 11:45:05 PM
  • jmntl82: indiansnation-replied
    Yesterday at 11:48:26 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: thanks @daddy.  I hold my own
    Today at 12:05:43 AM
  • Braves155: Will be around today for deal talks - ANY sport
    Today at 10:12:32 AM
  • Daddy: You tellem @Braves!
    Today at 11:47:14 AM
  • IndianaBuc: Braves PM
    Today at 03:04:47 PM
  • Braves155: Back
    Today at 03:10:34 PM
  • IndianaBuc: Back
    Today at 03:19:17 PM
  • Daddy: Better be glad Buc dont know hockey. He'd be IndianaPuc on yall asses.
    Today at 03:54:00 PM
  • Braves155: Speaking of NHL. Anyone up for an NHL LIVE deal?
    Today at 04:05:16 PM
  • Braves155: PM Blues
    Today at 04:07:53 PM