Author Topic: Entry Draft Idea  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
Re: Entry Draft Idea
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:39 AM »
We may as well try the current system for 2010 and see how it goes.  Ben brings some good points to the table.  We could always make it so the 1st round is slow with a 24 hour window for each pick.  I imagine with our 30 active GMs that it would go quick (two weeks).
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Canada8999

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 07:36:38 PM »
If the problem is that our budgets do not reflect what a real MLB budget actually is, then I don't necessarily disagree.  However, I don't think splitting up the money is a great idea - teams should be responsible for allocating their money properly.

We already have plans to consider inflation of budgets as the years progress.  I would propose we re-evaluate budgets at the end of this season and see if we need a bigger hike to account for the problems being addressed here.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 07:49:48 PM »
Yes, that would be my argument. I tend to get carried away sometimes. I do not feel that the budgets we have represent what our real life counterparts have. I do agree that teams are responsible for their own budgets. All I am saying is that we are working with less of the pie then our counterparts. Meaning our team's budget is a representation of our MLB teams 40 man roster would have been as of last year. But, my argument is that MLB organizations have separate funds for things such as signing bonuses for amateur players. That is something I feel is lacking in our Franchise GM world. From what I can gather, the point of all the hard work that you guys have put in so far, is to get the closest facsimile of a real life MLB team. I just happen to think this is a part that is lacking. I think it puts teams in a tough spot when it comes to signing draft picks. I think the bad teams should get the best available players. But when you have a budget of 50 mil, it makes it difficult to sign someone to a 7 million signing bonus if that money is coming from a fund that is meant for active players. Because that is going to be another year where that team can't compete, because funds are being spent elsewhere, when normally those funds wouldn't come from there. I honestly hope this makes sense. I am not trying to rattle cages or anything like that. So I don't know if you guys agree with my POV, but I think it is something we should consider for the future of this league. Who wants to be bad and then have to sign some scrub prospect because you have no money in your 40 man budget? Well anyone outside of Dave Littlefield... ZING 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 02:17:26 PM »
I think this is a dead issue.  The remaining issue is when and how do we do the draft?   The original idea was to do it in a chat room.  I can implement a chat room in different parts of MLFB.

Another idea was to do an autodraft based on prerankings submitted by each GM.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Canada8999

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 07:33:58 PM »
I think this is a dead issue.  The remaining issue is when and how do we do the draft?   The original idea was to do it in a chat room.  I can implement a chat room in different parts of MLFB.

Another idea was to do an autodraft based on prerankings submitted by each GM.

First - a chat room would be great if you could add that for general purposes...

I'd vote for a slow draft on the board with time limits, where we'll still have in-draft control but be most flexible to the 30 different schedules we'll need to juggled.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lp815

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »
First - a chat room would be great if you could add that for general purposes...

I'd vote for a slow draft on the board with time limits, where we'll still have in-draft control but be most flexible to the 30 different schedules we'll need to juggled.

I'll agree with Ben.  A longer process, but probably move effective for the league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
What time limit do we want to impose?  We could go with 24 hours for the 1st round and 12 hours for all of the following rounds.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
 :bump:

We have three months until the entry draft is scheduled.  Let's figure out the specs of the slow draft.  I would also say that a week before the entry draft, GMs must make the provisions to their roster to be ready for the draft.  If they have X EDR spots available, then that is how many picks they get from their bunch.  The remaining later round picks become null and void.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lp815

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 04:57:31 PM »
Hmm...I dunno about that, Colb.  I plan on signing the players I can't fit on my EDR just to my 40 man roster.  I would rather not void out picks that I have earned, per se.  They are just as easy to release if I decide I don't want them (to save cap, etc.), rather than not being able to draft them at all.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 05:07:15 PM »
Hmm...I dunno about that, Colb.  I plan on signing the players I can't fit on my EDR just to my 40 man roster.  I would rather not void out picks that I have earned, per se.  They are just as easy to release if I decide I don't want them (to save cap, etc.), rather than not being able to draft them at all.

Excellent point... forget the void part and let's just vote on the specs.  I would like to see the draft conducted in a period of three months... from June through August.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: We instead gave Boston an extra first rd pick to pass on Tatum and select Markelle Fultz.
    Today at 02:24:23 PM
  • Daddy: Immediately after being drafted Fultz forgot how to shoot a free throw. Took a year off for mental health, got traded to Orlando, and i believe he pumped my gas on my way to Disney.
    Today at 02:26:17 PM
  • Daddy: Tatum is. Well he is Jason Tatum. This basketball season im looking to exercise a lot of demons. . NBA LIVE gonna bring that fire. Question is who want da smoke?
    Today at 02:29:04 PM
  • Braves155: I can't wait for the the NBA LIVE season to kickoff. Yes...Trae Young will be available. AKA the Demon of New York.
    Today at 02:33:44 PM
  • Daddy: Markelle Fultz, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiids droopy eye.... Basketball God's i repent!!! Ive built a league in your image.
    Today at 02:36:20 PM
  • Braves155: Ben Simmons...has no FT and no range
    Today at 02:37:15 PM
  • Daddy: You tellm Braves!
    Today at 02:37:46 PM
  • Daddy: @STLBlues91 we need to make the doc public view. The Las Vegas Venom is born [link] (yall aint ready :) )
    Today at 02:54:39 PM
  • Daddy: Took Washington two years to come up with Commanders :rofl:
    Today at 02:55:57 PM
  • STLBlues91: [link] NBA Live .. Just worked on matching actual colors and logos. Still a work in progress
    Today at 03:00:30 PM
  • Daddy: Coming Soon to your fantrax.
    Today at 03:15:26 PM
  • Daddy: Like hockey much? [link] NHL LIVE sign up. This league has 3 openings.
    Today at 03:59:33 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE = 0 openings >> MLB LIVE = 0 openings
    Today at 04:01:14 PM
  • Daddy: Ask our hockey GMs if they are having fun & we haven't even dropped the puck yet.
    Today at 04:03:04 PM
  • jmntl82: When I finish reading this hockey magazine the Kings will take over the league
    Today at 04:17:38 PM
  • Daddy: Say man.... Isnt that better than scrolling TicTok? Why not feed the brain here rather than melt your braincells on that mess.
    Today at 04:46:38 PM
  • Daddy: I believe in your Kings
    Today at 04:47:28 PM
  • Daddy: Build a damn dynasty
    Today at 04:49:51 PM
  • STLBlues91: im around all day for any trade discussions.
    Today at 05:10:01 PM
  • Braves155: Any UGA fans in here?
    Today at 05:34:41 PM
  • Daddy: Hey Braves what team are you in NBA LIVE?
    Today at 05:50:15 PM
  • Daddy: Atlanta. Thats right. You want to trade Ice Trea
    Today at 05:51:45 PM
  • Daddy: And you took Kentucky in NCAA Hoops. Nice choice there.
    Today at 05:52:49 PM
  • Daddy: Hey Braves..... You will be able to trade Atlanta Hawks players. You will be able to trade G League player rights and you could even facilitate something on the transfer portal thru Kentucky. To get a deal done.
    Today at 05:55:19 PM
  • Daddy: DAMN @Braves. 3 tier basketball market. You could leave Trea Young exposed to the expansion draft @Braves.
    Today at 05:57:23 PM
  • Daddy: NBA, GLeague, NCAA all in one place? DAMN @Braves, what types of deals can be had??
    Today at 05:59:26 PM
  • Daddy: Love basketball much?
    Today at 06:00:28 PM
  • jmntl82: Or you could trade him to the Suns for KD/Grayson Allen
    Today at 06:00:39 PM
  • Daddy: Or that :)
    Today at 06:01:22 PM
  • Daddy: NBA LIVE... Once those those teams are gone... You may just lose your chit trying to get a team.
    Today at 06:03:49 PM
  • Daddy: Transfer Portal? NCAA? Whaaaat? :horns:
    Today at 06:06:56 PM
  • Braves155: Daddy, I dislike UGA so much. Yes, if you dare step up and make a solid offer I will surely entertain offers on Trae Young. This 3 tier league you speak of, did you also say it mirrors irl NBA?
    Today at 08:54:21 PM
  • Speedster18431: Big Trade might be happening in MLB Live
    Today at 09:15:28 PM
  • Daddy: @Speed Big Trades happen almost every day in MLB LIVE. Welcome to The Show young Man.
    Today at 09:31:25 PM
  • Daddy: @Braves NBA LIVE will be the most realistic experience that can be had on fantasy platform to simulate front office management.
    Today at 09:32:53 PM
  • Daddy: But we take it a step further. You will know what its like to be Rich Paul or any powerful agent. We want to bring a basketball experience to life in the Dynasty space, unrivaled.
    Today at 09:34:21 PM
  • Daddy: Expansion draft & full G League development just begin to introduce the NBA LIVE experience. But... You will see for yourself.
    Today at 09:35:44 PM
  • Daddy: Its been long enough that our products reputation speaks for itself. If you take the time to come on this website... Why not be entertained? We will challenge you here in ways nobody ever thought to do before.
    Today at 09:37:28 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im going to hate waiting for the expansion draft
    Today at 09:38:28 PM
  • Daddy: When you have conversations at work, with friends, when they takk about sports and talk about they leagues.... Tell them. They cant tell you nothing about a dynasty league.
    Today at 09:40:21 PM
  • Daddy: If you can win in LIVE. I promise you. You will dominate other leagues. No matter what rules they follow.
    Today at 09:41:30 PM
  • Daddy: WE WANT THE SMOKE and WE PUT OUR MONEY WHERE OUR MOUTH IS.
    Today at 09:42:57 PM
  • Daddy: We give you everything you need to prove everything you say or prove me wrong. All you gotta do is show up. Seems like not a lot to ask IMO.
    Today at 09:45:33 PM
  • Daddy: What sport are you World renowned in? Come and let us measure your feet. You didn't come on profsl because you like our news feed.
    Today at 09:53:12 PM
  • Daddy: Ive heard it said on this site... "We the smartest GMs  and only experts need apply" :rofl: Really? Show us. No place to hide on this site anymore.
    Today at 09:55:51 PM
  • Daddy: Just sayin. Whats the excuse? The product bad? Let us know how we can make it better or more convenient for you.
    Today at 09:57:14 PM
  • Alpha5: I'm just here for the free beer
    Today at 10:04:20 PM
  • Alpha5: I don't know why I said that. Wasn't that funny
    Today at 10:11:25 PM
  • Braves155: Biga nmaes, big trades is a theme on here these days it seems on here
    Today at 10:12:25 PM
  • Braves155: *Big names
    Today at 10:12:55 PM