Author Topic: Race to the Cup - 4 Games Left!  (Read 979 times)

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Race to the Cup - 4 Games Left!
« on: February 23, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
Top 6 teams get a First Round Bye.  Purple teams have locked a playoff spot. 

#1 Seed (locked in)  Anaheim Ducks  (36-4)   -  Things were looking shaky for the Ducks last week.  There were at least 4 teams that were out scoring them until they had a bonkers Sunday.  66 points in one night to take the lead, and that is what the Ducks do this year.  They are never out of it until all the games have been played.

#2 Seed  (2,3)  Florida Panthers  (31-9)  -   Another tremendous week for the Panthers.  2nd most points and they continue to roll.  They can't get the top seed, but they are locked in to a 1st round bye at this point.  They play the Red Wings this week, which could determine whether or not the Red Wings get in the playoffs.  There is nothing sweeter than crushing a division rival to have them looking outside in.

#3 Seed  (2,3,5,6)  Boston Bruins  (30-10)  -  Apparently putting up 200 points in a week is pathetic when you have the likes of the Ducks, Panthers, Hurricanes and Coyotes scoring around or above 220 points.  They play the Capitals which, if they lose and the Caps win both games there could be some intrigue in the final week.  The Caps win out and the Bruins bungle it then we could see a switcheroo with the Bruins losing their 1st round bye.

#4 Seed (locked in) Edmonton Oilers   (23-17)  They put up some big points last week, but they ended up losing to a couple of the top teams.  There is no shame in that, but a loss and is a loss and they got two of them last week.  They get the last spot in the playoffs because they are division champs.

#5 Seed (2,3,5,6,7)  Carolina Hurricanes  (29-11)  -  Two more wins and still no closer to the division lead.  They play the Oilers this week and then the Red Wings in the final week, and both games could determine big playoff seeding.   

#6 Seed (3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12)  Washington Crapitals  (26-14)  -  Just a massive amount to play for still.  They could either be the division winner with a 1st round bye, a middle seed vs a lower seed, a lower seed vs a middle seed, or if everything goes to BooYah!  out of the playoffs.  That is how parity works.  The NHL should take note and we did it without shootouts (which I actually like, but they should use a 3 point system)

#7 Seed (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12)  Arizona Coyotes  (25-14)   -   They moved up into the 6th seed after a dominate last week.  They play the Red Wings this week and the Blackhawks next.  Games that will certainly determine their fate of being in or out of the playoffs.

#8 Seed (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12)  Detroit Red Wings   (24-16)  Look at these beautiful bastards.  Two wins and they go from #12 to #8.  You know that feeling after you have had a huge buffet of food, your stomach is all knotted up, your pants are cutting into your gut, and then take a monumental BM.  That feeling of relief is what Izaman is feeling now.  He knows there will be more BMs, but that first one is great.

#9 Seed  (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) Chicago Blackhawks   (24-16)   They lost both games last week and the numbers don't lie.  They are up against it pretty hard.  They play the Penguins and Canadiens this week.  Hawks would've lost to both last week and then they play Arizona and Florida in the final week.  They need to win both of the games this week to have a realistic shot at hanging on to a playoff spot. If I were Arizona and Florida I would purposefully dog the last week and try to keep teams like the Avs, Kings and Red wings out. They fell from the #7 seed.

#10 Seed  (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12)  St. Louis Blues   (23-17)  Got hit hard by Arizona and Carolina last week.  Lundqvist is skating again, but is still oh so far away from playing hockey games of meaning in our league, which might be how the Blues stumble out of playoff contention.  It will likely come down to the last week against the Caps and Oilers.  They fell from the #8 seed.

#11 Seed (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13)  Los Angeles Kings   (23-17)  Lost both games last week.  They play the Avs and Canadiens which could be tough teams.  They need all the wins at this point because they are the first team out as they fell from the #10 seed.

#12 Seed (6,7,8,9,10,11,12)  Buffalo Sabres   (22-18)   Went 1-1 last week, which was good enough to keep them in contention, but this week they play the Ducks and Avs.  If I had to guess I'd say they will be just oh so close and miss out of the playoffs by 2 wins. 

#13 Seed  (9,10,11,12,13,14)   Colorado Avs   (20-20)  A double victory week in week 20.  The Kings and Sabres are up next this week and that will really determine quite a bit.  Their improbable run to make the playoffs continues.  I call it Dubnyk's March to Glory.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:31:18 PM by GypsieDeathBringer »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline shooter47

• MVP
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Cup - 4 Games Left!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 02:58:43 PM »
Has the playoff format changed since last season?

http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=141818.0

Top 6 teams get a bye the first week with matchups of seeds 7 Vs. 10 and 8 Vs. 9 for the wildcard series.

Also the top 4 seeds go to the division winners meaning Edmonton has already locked up the #4 seed.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 03:53:05 PM »
You are completely correct.  Must've had a different league in mind.  I'll fix it up.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :NE:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 04:41:08 PM »
this puts me in such a bad spot,,,,, Would love to make playoffs but if I cant I have moves I want to make,  the question comes down to do I take malkin off IR or keep the cap space....hmmmmm.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline Rob

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 08:50:41 PM »
Will LA get screwed again??
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Capn Cally

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 10
    • :VAN:
    • :VAN-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 09:23:20 PM »
this puts me in such a bad spot,,,,, Would love to make playoffs but if I cant I have moves I want to make,  the question comes down to do I take malkin off IR or keep the cap space....hmmmmm.

Haha jeez, how is Geno still on your IR?
Hasn't he been playing for like the last month?
And you've still been winning!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 10:57:06 PM »
yeah he has was leaving him there for cap flexibility to complete some buyouts.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline dedreger

• All-Star
    • :NYR:
    • :Illinois:
    • :BVB:
    • :WAS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 04:28:29 PM »
Will LA get screwed again??

Well, now Kane going down has answered that question (and screwed my real-life 'Hawks too).   This year's been a bit weird:  domestic violence (Voynov), the classic undisclosed multiple-month "upper body injury" (Trouba), broken leg (Pearson), mononucleosis (Toffoli) and now a broken collarbone apparently (Kane).  I'll be due for some good luck next year.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 05:45:19 PM »
Well, now Kane going down has answered that question (and screwed my real-life 'Hawks too).   This year's been a bit weird:  domestic violence (Voynov), the classic undisclosed multiple-month "upper body injury" (Trouba), broken leg (Pearson), mononucleosis (Toffoli) and now a broken collarbone apparently (Kane).  I'll be due for some good luck next year.

In case you weren't aware, LA is the unluckiest franchise in the history of DNHL.  They are a 2 time recipient of the Bad Juju award!  (soon to be 3 time?) I probably should have put a disclaimer on the team before you took over the franchise. 

:LA: Los Angeles Kings
Team Rank - 9th (Previously 9th)
GM - Dan - dedreger - since May 2014
Prior owners:
June 2011 - Sep 2011 - BrewCrew
Sep 2011 - Nov 2011 - Eric
Nov 2011 - Dec 2011 - Jesse
Dec 2011 - Feb 2014 - Drew
*2012/2013 Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies)*
*2011/2012 Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team)*
Feb 2014 - May 2014 - Jesse
*2013/2014 Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team)*
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dedreger

• All-Star
    • :NYR:
    • :Illinois:
    • :BVB:
    • :WAS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 06:35:48 PM »
In case you weren't aware, LA is the unluckiest franchise in the history of DNHL.  They are a 2 time recipient of the Bad Juju award!  (soon to be 3 time?) I probably should have put a disclaimer on the team before you took over the franchise.

At least I've got a shot at winning something, then.  Awesome.

I hadn't noticed that I've already been around longer than 3 of the 4 prior owners.  Yikes.  Bit of a Spinal Tap drummer situation there.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade
    Yesterday at 05:37:05 PM
  • indiansnation: Nfl live colts looking for starting rb
    Yesterday at 05:37:24 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 05:38:39 PM
  • indiansnation: ldsjayhawks pm
    Yesterday at 05:38:48 PM
  • Daddy: Oh Crap. Trade winds blowing like P Diddy sponsored them.
    Yesterday at 05:45:23 PM
  • Daddy: Flyers, Rams, Blue Jays, 76ers have responded to all inquiries. Not that my inbox gets flooded with offers. My teams all stink.
    Yesterday at 05:47:35 PM
  • Daddy: T Wolves loaded but its too early yet. Cant wait for NBA.
    Yesterday at 05:49:02 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 07:25:36 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 07:28:41 PM
  • Daddy: Back Brian
    Yesterday at 07:39:44 PM
  • indiansnation: Back daddy
    Yesterday at 07:47:43 PM
  • Daddy: I want to trade in NBA LIVE too. Its just the baby stages and we dont even know the summer player movement yet. Rosters will look different by the time of the draft.
    Yesterday at 07:54:55 PM
  • Daddy: Its exciting. Only CCD remains active in basketball. Ive seen LOR fail here but get picked up elsewhere and i guess its ok.
    Yesterday at 07:56:11 PM
  • Daddy: They all pretty much use the same format. NBA LIVE we feel weve revolutionized todays Dynasty basketball standards.
    Yesterday at 07:57:00 PM
  • Daddy: Cant wait to trade but weve got 11 owners to find and an entire summer of movement to track.
    Yesterday at 07:58:52 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm offer sent
    Yesterday at 07:58:55 PM
  • Daddy: Lots of traffic onsite. Weve been near 1000 visitors all day. Im told they find out chat entertaining. Thats funny. If you are visiting and see this chat.
    Yesterday at 08:02:20 PM
  • Daddy: Welcome to ProFsl. We do Fantasy "Dynasty" Sports here & we do it better than anyone else.
    Yesterday at 08:03:08 PM
  • Daddy: Better than your site. Better than your Leagues. Better than anyone else ever cared to do it. Legends of dynasty sports have and continue to play here
    Yesterday at 08:04:12 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 post it
    Yesterday at 08:11:03 PM
  • Daddy: If you like fantasy sports but all you do is read the chat. You got no clue what you are missing out on.
    Yesterday at 08:13:21 PM
  • Daddy: We are why you bothered to try fantasy sports. We give you everything you need here to live out your dynastic fantasy dreams. Against real world wide competition.
    Yesterday at 08:14:32 PM
  • Braves155: Nice dealing Brian, posted
    Yesterday at 08:22:53 PM
  • indiansnation: Still looking to make trades in mlb live if anyone is up for it
    Yesterday at 11:45:44 PM
  • Daddy: Im looking for an SP. We all value pitching in LIVE.
    Today at 12:01:51 AM
  • Daddy: Bradish! :soapbox: your elbow may cost me everything.
    Today at 12:02:55 AM
  • indiansnation: Man thats gotta suck
    Today at 12:41:47 AM
  • indiansnation: i think i mentioned that to u daddy u lack debth in sp
    Today at 12:42:27 AM
  • indiansnation: Looking to trade in mlb live
    Today at 12:45:05 AM
  • Daddy: Shut up Brian
    Today at 01:32:49 AM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for a few hours for any trade talk
    Today at 02:15:20 AM
  • indiansnation: Happy fathers day
    Today at 07:26:56 AM
  • indiansnation: Morning dave w jimw
    Today at 08:22:53 AM
  • indiansnation: Nhllive pittsburgh has 5th rd pick and 4th rd pick in 2025 to move
    Today at 08:23:54 AM
  • indiansnation: Looking for guys with upside def and rw
    Today at 08:24:28 AM
  • DaveW: Happy Father’s Day everyone
    Today at 10:40:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Looking to aquire more vets in mlb live
    Today at 12:59:03 PM
  • Daddy: Happy Father's Day (shot out to @papps/@jojowalkwalk)
    Today at 01:30:04 PM
  • dbreer23: Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!
    Today at 01:32:16 PM
  • indiansnation: Kylerap pm
    Today at 01:55:51 PM
  • indiansnation: Happy fathers day daddy and everyone
    Today at 01:56:27 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im around all day for any trade talk
    Today at 02:46:16 PM
  • Braves155: Sme here
    Today at 05:00:25 PM
  • Braves155: PM Daddy
    Today at 05:12:05 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Got a 5th round pick im gonna be selling in NFL Live 5.12. As well as CB/S Caden Sterns. I need the roster space. Hit me up
    Today at 05:57:09 PM
  • Daddy: Caden Sterns still do that thing on XM radio? Thats a sweet deal he got.
    Today at 06:24:08 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Anyone seem or heard
    Today at 07:40:27 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: *Anyone seen or heard from Billy recently?
    Today at 07:40:44 PM
  • indiansnation: No
    Today at 07:47:45 PM
  • indiansnation: Looking to trade in any league
    Today at 07:48:14 PM