Author Topic: Cubs deal Reyes again, this time to ATL  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
Re: Cubs deal Reyes again, this time to ATL
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 04:21:07 PM »
Since their was a conversation that took place on this thread,

We still need one more approval from the TC.

~MTK

That was quite a steal MTK... the Dans (:CIN: :TOR:) are the ones to make the decision on this.  They should consider Howe's argument when they post.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 05:15:28 PM »
It should be stated that when Alonso's track record is compared to Conger's, Alonso looks very good.  He is struggling this year, but his track record shows that he has been a very good OBP option.  Under this scoring system that has a good bit of value. 

Let's not all forget that until Reyes' recent hot streak, everyone was questioning if he would ever get back to his previous numbers. 

Braves get the edge, but a few years down the road it will be a close deal. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Mr.TradeKing

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 05:24:25 PM »
To add to what Rob has already said. I would like to say that Fister's track record points to him fizzling back out. He can't strike batters out and isn't a ground ball pitcher. Now, we can add a arm injury to his tract record. Reyes has just started back hitting and we will have to wait to see if he sustains this and even if so, the chance of injury is still there. Myers has already proved to be very valuable as he was immediately flipped for a very nice return from the Phillies. Alonso has always hit and he will work through his struggles. I think we are focusing too much on the day to day stuff rather than the big picture. Baseball is a game of adjustments and everyone goes into a slump while making adjustments. Its a part of the game. Conger will also have to stay healthy and continue to get better defensively to make it as a C. Ian Stewart is also signed to a nice P-2011 contract that will allow him to be resigned for cheap. Just my two cents.

~MTK
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr.TradeKing

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »
one other thing, the point totals b/t Reyes/Fister and Myers/Stewart are pretty close.

~MTK
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »
I am not saying that Alonso isn't on the same level as Conger. But to imply that the Cubs somehow ended up with a top CI prospect is a stretch considering the loss of Conger.

The points total so far this season isn't really relevant as a) even MTK thinks that Fister is going to flame out and b) Cubs won't be winning it all this year.

I am at peace with this deal since Mike views Reyes as a liability (did not know this before), and as the GM of his own team, he is very much entitled to his opinion and act accordingly. I just wished I had enquired about him :(
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Canada8999

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 07:58:49 PM »
IMO, we need to scale back on the TC's valuation of trades affecting their votes..

We need to prevent collusion, and prevent owners from being taken advantage of - both of these two have been around long enough to make their own decisions, why do we need to intervene?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr.TradeKing

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 08:04:11 PM »
I agree. I think the TC should be used most importantly for protecting new owners and then maybe to watch out for collusion and way lopsided trades.

~MTK
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bridgestone

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 04:04:29 PM »
Obviously there is no collusion and there is an exchange of decent value here.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 11:11:03 AM »
As much hub bub as this trade has gotten, I approve of it. I don't think it is as lopsided as some have pointed out. IMO Fister is not the real deal. Stewart is still very young, Alonso has a pedigree, and Conger may not ever see playing time with Napoli and Mathis in his way at C. Abreau (sp) at DH, and Fat Mike's complete disdain for playing prospects - see Brandon Wood. Reyes was at one point a 1st rounder, but as someone who watches the Mets as much as I do, he is not an OBP machine, and as he gets closer to 30 his legs will not be as valuable. All players involved have value. :iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Alpha5: Powerhouse Baseball 2025
    Yesterday at 07:05:47 AM
  • Alpha5: BIG announcement today. Stay tuned...
    Yesterday at 07:06:15 AM
  • Alpha5: A PROFSL ReDraft league
    Yesterday at 03:22:34 PM
  • Alpha5: 20 Teams
    Yesterday at 03:22:44 PM
  • Alpha5: Cash prizes
    Yesterday at 03:22:49 PM
  • Alpha5: LIVE Scoring system
    Yesterday at 03:22:59 PM
  • Alpha5: Name your Team.
    Yesterday at 03:23:47 PM
  • Alpha5: This is Powerhouse Baseball 2025
    Yesterday at 03:24:00 PM
  • Alpha5: *Powered by LIVE
    Yesterday at 03:26:11 PM
  • Alpha5: [link]
    Yesterday at 03:26:14 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Alpha taking a lead commish role for a change good for u
    Yesterday at 07:34:31 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah his training wheels are off. Especially with a money baseball league. Profsl hasnt seen one of those in over a decade.
    Yesterday at 08:02:35 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: my only qualms is what is the method to pay. i dont wanan havta make another money account like league safe
    Yesterday at 08:04:39 PM
  • Daddy: It uses the LIVE scoring engine. Otherwise its a completely different baseball option then LIVE, FGM, or Armchair.
    Yesterday at 08:05:26 PM
  • Daddy: I think its thru fantrax but its next season so he has time to sort that out.
    Yesterday at 08:06:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i got that
    Yesterday at 08:07:32 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: its just its a money league
    Yesterday at 08:07:38 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i havat be very careful w such things
    Yesterday at 08:07:46 PM
  • Daddy: Variety is what all of our leagues should be, no two alike. So we as a site can cater to all types. MLB LIVE lost a HOF level GM (Paul) because he doesn't do H2H leagues.
    Yesterday at 08:08:02 PM
  • TheGOAT: @Daddy, when will NBA Live be in full swing?
    Yesterday at 08:09:19 PM
  • Daddy: Its there as an option. $10 entry for a chance to win $100 or double your money. Worst case you're out $10 but no contracts etc.
    Yesterday at 08:09:37 PM
  • Daddy: @TheGoat starting two leagues next month. NBA could be ready by the upcoming season.
    Yesterday at 08:10:17 PM
  • Daddy: @TheGoat I'm waiting on the creation of league boards per @Anthony. Once the boards are up the building of the league begins.
    Yesterday at 08:11:17 PM
  • Daddy: NHL & NCAA football will both be insane for a minute.
    Yesterday at 08:12:19 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: its also redraft
    Yesterday at 08:14:07 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: which makes it interesting
    Yesterday at 08:14:16 PM
  • Daddy: NBA LIVE scoring, concept, rules, its all ready to go. The concept was completed last month.
    Yesterday at 08:14:18 PM
  • Daddy: @BAB exactly. Fresh start each year. @Alpha5 is on to something. And the LIVE scoring engine is legit.
    Yesterday at 08:15:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i just need to know how money is handled
    Yesterday at 08:17:55 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: before deciding
    Yesterday at 08:18:01 PM
  • Daddy: That's fair. He is building his own brand "Powerhouse" is redraft each sport $10 entry & 20 teams. Football, Baseball, Basketball, and lastly hockey.
    Yesterday at 08:23:34 PM
  • Daddy: Each sport powered by the LIVE scoring engine.
    Yesterday at 08:24:55 PM
  • Daddy: Redraft
    Yesterday at 08:25:35 PM
  • Daddy: Im so proud lol (insert tear) #newgeneration
    Yesterday at 08:32:17 PM
  • Braves155: I had the best sick day ever today. This morning I woke sick as piss, texted my boss I was taking a sick day as it wasn't happening. I might also might have met someone who shows interest in this old boy
    Yesterday at 09:48:46 PM
  • Braves155: Via an accidental text from said person.
    Yesterday at 09:49:24 PM
  • dbreer23: It's a clear and quiet night in MLB LIVE, and the boards are cleared...
    Yesterday at 10:25:23 PM
  • Alpha5: If we could handle the money on fantrax that'd be great. Leaguesafe is actually the site I've been inquiring about
    Today at 07:13:38 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Anyone know how to eliminate all the baseball news in unread topics and have football or hockey?
    Today at 09:15:12 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Nevermind found it!
    Today at 09:18:29 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Excited to see this news!!! Goff agreed to a four-year, $212 million contract extension with the Lions on Monday, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.
    Today at 09:23:51 AM
  • Daddy: He has two NFL LIVE Superbowl wins. The only two time champion.
    Today at 11:59:49 AM
  • Rhino7: The GOAT lol
    Today at 01:11:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm ready for another SB rub
    Today at 01:15:30 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: In NFL
    Today at 01:15:35 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Where's all the Gm's other than the norm? Wake up!!! You got a team to run!!!. Let's trade, talk football, get tou FIRED up even though your last in your division.
    Today at 04:22:12 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Any YouTube viewers watching dynasty draft? Any your subscribed to?
    Today at 04:31:02 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Lol
    Today at 04:53:59 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I get like that too Eric. My goal every offseason is to do at least 1 trade with every gm. Why not? Its fun
    Today at 04:55:00 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Some guys just dont trade for whatever reason. But the guys who dont arent championship contenders.
    Today at 04:55:47 PM