Author Topic: Edmonton And Dallas Move  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
Re: Edmonton And Dallas Move
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 06:40:27 PM »
I think you just nailed it on the head Drew.............And thats the ptoblem I have.I'snt it better that Dall takes a chance on Mason given the fact he may only have 3 back-ups and isn't in a position to even offer a tender on a starter.Meanwhile you have two starters already. What is better for the league??? You really think Dall can compete with 2 back-ups???
Really I don't think Dallas is in a situation to take a chance on Mason, what if he is waived or becomes a backup. Then they only have 2 goalies and have to waive him and get nothing or they have 3 backup goalies and get nothing for Mason. Might as well while they have a chance, get some value for him instead of taking the chance on him which they can't afford. Since I have two goalies already I can take the chance on him and if he gets waived or becomes a backup I haven't lost anything in comparison to if Dallas has him because they have no saving face at the position.

It does have 3 approvals already but maybe hockeyfreak47 would like to re-evaluate and give a more in depth description as to why he wants to do the deal or void the deal if he so wishes. Usually don't allow this type of stuff but if it is really going to be a determent to the league (which I don't believe it is) I will let hockeyfreak47 re-evaluate.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Offline abbyroad

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 08:05:59 PM »
Sorry to stir the pot Drew but I don't see how Dall will compete with 2 back-ups.........combined they may get 40 starts. Masons only 23 for God's sake and everyone is talking like his hockey days are over!! I guess Bobby Ryan is the same boat then....... add Jeff Skinner to that list as well :rofl:

Any way .......enough said. I just hope that when I have to give up Dougie Hamilton, Krieder, Shwartz,a roaster player and a draft pick to land a starter...............the TC keeps this trade in mind
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tony

• Legend
  • I like hockey Eh!
    • :BUF:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 10:26:04 PM »
I agree that this trade already has 3 approvals so I guess it's good to go.  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL:   2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :CHI-NHL:

2013-14  NHL Invitational Stanley Cup Champion :PIT-NHL:

Offline hockeyfreak47

• Legend
    • :OTT:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 10:51:15 PM »
I agree that this trade already has 3 approvals so I guess it's good to go.  :thumbsup:
:iatp:

even if mason is only 23 let me remind you of a goalie name Jim Carey who stole the starting job of ollie the goalie (olaf Kolzig) in 94-95 at age 20 then won the vézina trophy in 95-96 at age 21 and losing his # 1 spot to olaf Kolzig in 96-97 at age 22 after that he never got a starting job again :thumbsup:

and for those who are thinking he ( mason ) still is  # 1 go to youtube and type '' Scott Howson Report - April 2012 '' and listen to the goalie situation at about 1m40sec in then come and tell me he is the MAN for the blue jackets  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:NHL: 2011-12 Rebel NHL Stanley Cup Finalist :DET-NHL:       :NHL: 2013-14 Rebel NHL Stanley Cup Finalist :CHI-NHL:
:NHL: 2012-13 Prospectus Maximus NHL Stanley Cup Finalist :CLS:     :NHL: 2013-14 NHL Invita Stanley Cup Finalist :DET-NHL:
:NHL: 2012-13 CHL Division II Stanley Cup Champion :GAT-QHL: :win:
:NHL: 2012-13 Rebel NHL Stanley Cup Champion :DET-NHL: :win:
:NHL: 2012-13 Franchise NHL Stanley Cup Champion :PHO: :win:
 :PGA:  2013 The Clubhouse PGA champion :win:
2013-14 Rebel NHL Presidents Trophy :DET-NHL:
2013-14 NHL Invitational Presidents Trophy :CHI-NHL:

Offline Anthony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 10000
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Minnesota:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 11:13:11 PM »
I am going to have to trust that any owner in this league knows what they are doing.

maybe Dallas is going for playoffs who knows, but if not he has a great trade piece for midseason to contending teams and could probably get someone better then mason to fill his skates
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline favo_zomg

• MVP
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 11:36:42 PM »
:veto: I can't approve this deal. As of today Mason to my knowledge is the starting goalie.  A player for a starting goalie is not a fair trade.

I do have a question for all of the people who do not like the trade... What kind of offer would you give for mason? Would you give something better than what Drew is offering right now?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SizzRat

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 01:31:03 AM »
Not in the TC, but I thought I'd chime in...

Mason is a major question mark now, and Howson has already gone on record of saying there will be a change in net next year.

It's possible Mason regains his form, and if so, it's a major win for Drew. It's more likely Mason gets shipped to the AHL never to see the light of day again.

Would I have given more to get Mason? Probably, but not much more. I think this is a fair trade, and I disagree with the TC veto of this trade... isn't the TC only supposed to veto trades that would set the league back with a ridiculously lopsided deal?

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 10000
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Minnesota:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 01:41:07 AM »
Not in the TC, but I thought I'd chime in...

Mason is a major question mark now, and Howson has already gone on record of saying there will be a change in net next year.

It's possible Mason regains his form, and if so, it's a major win for Drew. It's more likely Mason gets shipped to the AHL never to see the light of day again.

Would I have given more to get Mason? Probably, but not much more. I think this is a fair trade, and I disagree with the TC veto of this trade... isn't the TC only supposed to veto trades that would set the league back with a ridiculously lopsided deal?

:iatp:

But the TC approved it, it was 1 or 2 guys that Vetoed
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 02:34:41 AM »
Yep trade was already approved but still a healthy discussion on the manner is good. We don't get attackive here we talk it out like adults which we seem to do a good job of.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Offline Tony

• Legend
  • I like hockey Eh!
    • :BUF:
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 02:39:05 AM »
Yep trade was already approved but still a healthy discussion on the manner is good. We don't get attackive here we talk it out like adults which we seem to do a good job of.
TC gave it 3 yes votes. I don't see any reason to leave it up for discussion anymore IMO  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL:   2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :CHI-NHL:

2013-14  NHL Invitational Stanley Cup Champion :PIT-NHL:

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: In what league?
    June 06, 2024, 11:14:24 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent you are a vet. Your skills will carry over.
    June 06, 2024, 11:14:54 PM
  • Daddy: Stats, age, contract, google.
    June 06, 2024, 11:15:12 PM
  • Daddy: You will be a playoff team just because you're one of the best "Dynasty Fantasy" GMs mother Earth has birthed.
    June 06, 2024, 11:16:11 PM
  • Daddy: I personally would welcome the challenge of learning an entirely new sport within the confounds of dynasty fantasy arena. Its fun and if you dont win at first so what.
    June 06, 2024, 11:17:50 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, that's why I took on the challenge.  I'll learn and figure out how I want to build this Predators team.
    June 06, 2024, 11:19:20 PM
  • Daddy: I like the Preds
    June 06, 2024, 11:19:43 PM
  • Daddy: You will love NHL LIVE i guarantee it. Wait till those bullets start getting fired.
    June 06, 2024, 11:20:30 PM
  • jmntl82: Kings are in the same boat, NHL is a new landscape for me to traverse
    June 06, 2024, 11:46:36 PM
  • indiansnation: Jmntl82 p!
    June 06, 2024, 11:48:57 PM
  • indiansnation: pm
    June 06, 2024, 11:49:03 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey guys rumor flying that their might be a new hockey league coming out.Major League Hockey (MLH) is determined to be the next big thing in the sport. Looking to launch in the fall of 2024, MLH is looking for early star power to give their league some buzz and legitimacy.
    Yesterday at 12:17:21 AM
  • Daddy: :rofl:
    Yesterday at 12:34:39 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: mlh is a 3 v3 version of nhl
    Yesterday at 12:35:42 AM
  • Daddy: :rofl:
    Yesterday at 12:36:49 AM
  • Daddy: They will go bankrupt after the first year :rofl: :rofl:
    Yesterday at 12:38:58 AM
  • Daddy: I bet this was Sidney Crosby's idea.
    Yesterday at 12:42:22 AM
  • Daddy: Fantrax offers the following options that support LIVE format Dynasty Sports.... Soccer, NASCAR, PGA, & believe it or not Formula One.
    Yesterday at 03:24:02 AM
  • Daddy: We are providing every other option across the 4 major sports.
    Yesterday at 03:25:10 AM
  • Daddy: If there is a demand. #LIVE will meet it. Site traffic is climbing. Site membership. Reputation. Interests. Its far from where it could be.
    Yesterday at 03:27:02 AM
  • Daddy: We are providing something nobody else is providing. Once these teams are gone... Grown Men throw public fits trying to get in. Yo... I aint lying.
    Yesterday at 03:29:02 AM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around all day for any trade talks
    Yesterday at 01:45:38 PM
  • Daddy: NBA talking expansion now :rofl: multiple groups bidding in Las Vegas and Seattle's legislation has already approved a team once the Kraken came in.
    Yesterday at 06:49:07 PM
  • Daddy: Imagine that :rofl: :rofl:
    Yesterday at 06:49:28 PM
  • Daddy: They looking at 2 years before expansion. But its coming. Vegas has like 5 groups two of which plan to break ground on new venues. The expansion fee is expected to be north of 5 Billion $$
    Yesterday at 06:51:25 PM
  • Daddy: We did it here first. Remember that in two years when the NBA steals our Vegas name too ;)
    Yesterday at 06:52:13 PM
  • Rhino7: We need a royalty payment if they steal the Vipers name
    Yesterday at 08:54:14 PM
  • Daddy: Blues hasnt said he wants to keep that name.
    Yesterday at 10:35:01 PM
  • Daddy: He is taking this naming very seriously which i appreciate.
    Yesterday at 10:35:49 PM
  • Daddy: It has to be a blast being a new expansion team in an NBA Dynasty league.
    Yesterday at 10:36:19 PM
  • Daddy: Who has ever done that?
    Yesterday at 10:36:41 PM
  • STLBlues91: I have a list of names on my phone currently
    Yesterday at 10:36:42 PM
  • STLBlues91: May do a poll or something for the gms of the league
    Yesterday at 10:37:01 PM
  • Daddy: Vipers is ok but it doesn't say "Vegas" to me. There are more creative names to be sure.
    Yesterday at 10:39:01 PM
  • Daddy: I don't know that the other GMs will care so much as you or I. :)
    Yesterday at 10:39:49 PM
  • Alpha5: Las Vegas Realtors
    Yesterday at 10:40:23 PM
  • Daddy: Sure, throw some in the chat :rofl:
    Yesterday at 10:41:02 PM
  • dbreer23: Vegas Rat Pack
    Yesterday at 10:42:39 PM
  • Daddy: I like the Las Vegas Diamonds but i was saving that one for MLB LIVE expansion.
    Yesterday at 10:42:41 PM
  • STLBlues91: Legacy/Jokers/Sinners/Vengeance/Outlaws/Vipers/Vandals/Voodoo/have more but just threw out a couple I have written down
    Yesterday at 10:44:14 PM
  • Daddy: Las Vegas Diddlers (shout out to Bad Boy Records)
    Yesterday at 10:45:06 PM
  • Alpha5: Dammit
    Yesterday at 10:49:15 PM
  • Alpha5: Haha
    Yesterday at 10:49:19 PM
  • Alpha5: Las Vegas Impersonators
    Yesterday at 10:51:19 PM
  • Daddy: That long fuqn name? It would rap around they jerseys like a hula hoop.
    Yesterday at 10:52:48 PM
  • Daddy: Who you play for dawg?
    Yesterday at 10:54:07 PM
  • Daddy: "Uh.... We the imgddyojgsspersonators"
    Yesterday at 10:54:26 PM
  • Alpha5: Lolol
    Yesterday at 11:47:00 PM
  • Rhino7: Las Vegas Sin
    Today at 12:27:33 AM
  • STLBlues91: Im around for the next few hours to talk any deals
    Today at 01:53:58 AM