* Cross-Court Dynasty

Boston Celtics Brooklyn Nets New York Knicks Philadelphia 76ers Toronto Raptors :: Denver Nuggets Minnesota Timberwolves Oklahoma City Thunder Portland Trailblazers Utah Jazz 
Chicago Bulls Cleveland Cavaliers Detroit Pistons Indiana Pacers Milwaukee Bucks :: Golden State Warriors Los Angeles Clippers Los Angeles Lakers Phoenix Suns Sacramento Kings 
Atlanta Hawks Charlotte Hornets Miami Heat Orlando Magic Washington Wizards :: Dallas Mavericks Houston Rockets Memphis Grizzlies New Orleans Pelicans San Antonio Spurs Blank

Author Topic: Spurs Clippers trade  (Read 508 times)

Offline Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :SA:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Re: Spurs Clippers trade
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2021, 03:57:33 PM »
My quote was " I am not one for conspiracies, but at the very least a ban of trading between the two could help league parity, which their trading has severely damaged." I have revised that sentence. I don't believe it is a conspiracy and I apologize for giving the impression that I thought that. I do believe that several trades between two teams involving many of the same players that are consistently favoring one team over the other should be stopped and the trades vetoed. Reviewed individually they are lopsided trades, but not veto worthy. Once you look at the big picture of how they all fit together and the overall result of the many trades, plus the high frequency, and the same players going back and forth, it does at the very least raise a great deal of concern.

Currently your trades have netted you the best player in Paul George, the best draft pick in an LA Clippers 1st round pick, and an enormous $47.2m savings in salary cap across 2 years in exchange for Lonnie Walker, a late 1st round draft pick, and two 2nd round draft picks.

1. $47.2m in savings over two years is worth Lonnie Walker, your 1st round pick, and 2 2nd round picks as that can get you an OG Anunoby ($21m per year signed in 2021 free agency) or better in free agency.
2. Paul George is worth Lonnie Walker, your 1st round pick, and 2 2nd round picks.
3. The Los Angeles Clippers 1st round pick is worth Lonnie Walker, your 1st round pick, and 2 2nd round picks as it will most likely be a top #5 pick.

You didn't just get one of those things, but you got all 3, which is an enormous advantage. Again, none of the trades up until this one were vetoable on their own, but I believe this one is. There is also the ongoing issue of two teams trading back and forth until one team has nothing left and the other builds a super team.

I know you don't want Huerter as he will need to be extended at a high price, but I have no doubt that you will in time, if allowed to continue, soon trade DeRozan and some 2nd round draft picks to Brooklyn for a mostly paid Kevin Durant and continue to improve your team at the cost of league parity by trading with Brooklyn (indiansnation's 2nd team) as there is nothing left of value on Los Angeles Clippers. This isn't all on you, rather, I believe you are consistently exploiting another manager that doesn't have the same skill level that you do to the detriment of his team and to the league.

League parity has always been important to me and I have played in other leagues that have died because teams were allowed to continue with trades like this. People don't typically want to play in a league where they are playing for 2nd best or 3rd best because of a super-team. I know because I was the commissioner in a league in the past and created my own super team through trades. It became unenjoyable for me and unenjoyable for the rest of the league and everyone called it quits.

Also, a veto vote for this deal only hurts me as I have Los Angeles Clippers 1st round pick and 2nd round pick in 2024, which I obtained in a deal centered around Kevin Huerter. I will gladly also accept a ban in trading with indiansnation if it proves that I am vetoing in the interest of the league and not for my own self interest. I really enjoy and care about this league, like you do. Unfortunately, I believe you care about winning more than you care about the league, which is why you carry healthy guys on the IL and consistently make these lopsided trades with the same person.

Sorry but after dismissing some allegations, you are now adding new speculations about our goals and intentions. Now it has became a judgement of intentions.

First of all, please expand on the sentence that we carry healthy guys on the IL. In two years, we kept for just one playing day a healthy player in IR, then we immediately correct the roster releasing a player. Please let us know if you have different information.

You want to veto the trade above, fine, but we cannot accept that trades previously approved without any veto are now reevaluated ex-post. Just to give you a quick example, Clippers first round pick 2023 when traded 12 months ago had definitely not the same value of today, Lonnie Walker was a better prospect than now and Nowell too, considering that he was putting really strong numbers when traded. Most of trades in real and fantasy basketball, if valued after 1 years, have a winner and a loser.

We want to build a very good team but the league is very competitive and last year we did not even reach the finals.
Moreover, we strongly reject the concept that we are doing this at the expense of another team. Again, all trades between us were absolutely fair when finalized.

We cannot accept in principle to be banned from trading with another team when all the trades were done on a fair level. You want that we think twice before negotiating with a rebuilding team considering that our team is already very good, Clippers in particular? Ok it could be fine for us, we can do it for the benefit of the league, but please dismiss all the unfair allegations and ungrounded speculations that have been made today
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 04:00:06 PM by Interpaga »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 04:31:10 PM »
Just a final consideration.
You do not like that we trade the same player several times, fine, we can understand. But you continue saying that our trade were lopsided, in favor of Spurs, and we cannot accept it. For the benefit of all other members, please let me post the 3 main trades finalized between Clippers and Spurs

1) Spurs trade -

Derozan $27m (2021)
Rozier $18.4m (2022, Hornets pay 12.5m and Spurs pay 1.5m just of 2021 salary)

Clippers trade -

Paul George $30m (2022, Clippers pay 8m just of 2022 salary)
2023 first round pick

Completely fair trade, also ex-post. One manager even commented "good value for George".

2) Spurs trade:
- Lonnie Walker $3.7m 2022
- Lyles $0.5m 2022
- Nowell $1.1m 2023
- Spurs second round pick 2022

Clippers trade:
- Rozier $18.4m 2022 ($14m paid 2021 from previous trades of which $1.5m Spurs and $12.5m Hornets, Clippers agree to pay $9.2m in 2022)

This proved to be in favor of Spurs ex-post

3) Spurs trade:
- Tate $0.4m 2022
- Cancar $1.7m 2022
- SAC second round pick 2022

Clippers trade:
- Roby $1.8m 2023 (fully paid 2022, $0.9m 2023)

It proved to be strongly in favor of Clippers, Roby is not even playing and Tate is a top-100
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DynastyDeacon

• All-Star
  • 20+ Year Dynasty Veteran
    • :MEM:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2021, 05:14:07 PM »
First of all, please expand on the sentence that we carry healthy guys on the IL. In two years, we kept for just one playing day a healthy player in IR, then we immediately correct the roster releasing a player. Please let us know if you have different information.

You had two healthy players on your IR that played in games on 11/24. I emailed you on the morning of 11/27 to correct that as they were both still on there at that time as you needed to clear a roster spot to add Blake Griffin. They would have been active for about 60 hours (2.5 days) before you fixed the issue. Only after I emailed you did you make a roster move and drop a player, adding another to the IR (who hit the IR after being injured in a game on 11/24) in order to make room for Blake Griffin.

I don't want to get in a big argument with you. I don't think you are doing anything that would be considered against the league rules. I am sorry for any allegations or speculation. I am only reporting the trends that I am observing and how it is influencing your team, the Los Angeles Clippers, and the league in general. You are very gifted managers. I don't believe this is collusion, but it is having the same effect as collusion and is being done in the same way that collusion is usually completed to not be detected. Collusion typically occurs with two teams trading with each other using lots of trades that typically favor one team, but not always. Collusion is against the rules as it benefits one team at the expense of another team (expense meaning the worsening of another team) and ultimately undermines the competitiveness of the league (by greatly increasing the abilities of a single team). I don't believe this is collusion as I believe the goal of indiansnation is not to benefit your team, but to benefit his team. However, since there are so many trades with the same players back and forth and the trades are primarily benefiting your team the trades between your two teams (third if you include Brooklyn) are having the same effect, in my opinion, of benefiting your team at the expense of Los Angeles Clippers, and is undermining the competitiveness of the league by greatly benefiting your team. That is just my opinion based on my own observations.

The moves you have both made back and forth with largely the same players is unprecedented. I have never seen two managers swap the same players back and forth so many times. I apologize if I implied that you weren't playing within the rules. I believe you have followed the rules aside from the IR issue, which didn't end up making a difference. I feel like this has been blown out of proportion. I think it is important to note the many trades between two managers when evaluating a current trade if they include a player that has already been traded between the teams, especially if the prior trade included a player that was involved in two other trades involving the same managers. It raises questions and concerns, which I believe are relevant in evaluating a current trade and the nature of the trades between the two managers. Not saying you did anything wrong, but I know you can see where I am coming from, even if you disagree with what I am saying in the name of further improving your team.

This is all just one persons opinion and I am fine with whatever the league decides.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 05:27:13 PM by DynastyDeacon »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Cross-Court Dynasty - New York Knicks

Offline tdtdtd

• Veteran
    • :IND:
    • :IND-NBA:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2021, 07:07:40 PM »
I don't think this deal is vetoable by itself based on past deals that have gone through, but I also agree that the series of Spurs/Clippers+Nets trades seem to make no sense for LAC when looked at as a whole (now or at the time of some of the trades) and is an issue. Especially if no new owner takes over BKN (who OUDAN pointed out hasn't even been setting lineups, which also helps SAS).

I could be convinced either way for approve/veto with my reasons for considering veto are:
1. Series of trades lopsided in favor of SAS, with many looking to be clearly in SAS's favor when made imo and none clearly in LAC's favor.
2. The only real reasoning that this is reasonable is that DeRozan's contract may be bad in 3-4 years, but if LAC is worried about that he should only have extended DeRozan for 1-2 years instead of giving him away cheap.
3. DeRozan was not mentioned on the trade block first. There may not have been better offers, but it makes sense to see what offers are available before taking a low offer for a star player. 

On a side note, one league I am in has a rule where if an owner trades away a star player (or potentially other bad trade) for what the commissioner thinks is ridiculously cheap without listing him on the trade block, the trade is held up and other teams have a couple days to make offers for the player. Then the star's owner picks the best offer. If it isn't the original deal, then the other initial owner gets one more chance to counter before a deal is finalized. Something like this might be helpful, but I think it can be annoying if it is used much and could be abused to unfairly help owners force the best offer from other teams after making a bad deal or hurt owners who buy low on players not on the block.

I also am in a league that has limited trades overall and a limit of one per each team, but I wouldn't want to implement a limit like that in this league. Especially since it basically kills small trades that there have been a lot of in this league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Tanner

Cross-Court Dynasty - OKC Thunder :OKC:
2020-present
Bucket Of Dimes - Boston Celtics
2022-present
Franchise GM - Baltimore Orioles :BAL:
2021-present
Armchair - Tampa Bay Rays :TB:
2021-present

Offline Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2021, 07:49:30 PM »
We really would like to close the discussion that frankly went too far, with allegations and speculations on us, which proved to be wrong.

We believe that the 3 top trades posted above (we can post all of them) clearly show that trades finalized with Clippers were not lopsided.

If, as a result of all of this, the league decides, for all managers, that trading back players already traded, despite being within the rules, is not advisable, we will abide by such a rule accordingly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DynastyDeacon

• All-Star
  • 20+ Year Dynasty Veteran
    • :MEM:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 08:30:58 PM »
I would like to hear more thoughts from others on the subject. I'm ready to move on to with whatever the league decides.

I would also like to sincerely apologize to Interpaga and indiansnation for any implication that either team may have acted in a way to purposefully hurt their own team or the league for the benefit of themselves or another team. I know that is not the case. I do believe the current trade is worthy of a veto, but I could have more delicately expressed my thoughts on the reason it should be vetoed. I apologize for the way I made my case and the negative assessment of indiansnation's managing skills.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 11:01:50 PM by DynastyDeacon »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Cross-Court Dynasty - New York Knicks

Offline Billy

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 197
  • Ride or Die
    • :WAS-NFL:
    • :GS:
    • :OldDominion:
    • :NYY:
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2021, 11:04:53 PM »
Ok enough. This escalated way too far.

There is no grounds to accuse these 2 of ?collusion? and banning them from trading with each other. Especially in a public post.

Vetoes need to be left at a simple explanation and nothing more. There is not to be this back and forth bullCrap.

There will not be any overturning of already approved trades.

And there will never be a rule requiring a star player to be put on the trade block before they can be traded.

Regardless this discussion is closed.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
CCD 2012-13 7th Seed in West/Lost in 2nd round
CCD 2013-14 5th Seed in West/Lost in 1st Round
CCD 2014-15 2nd Seed in West/Lost in West Finals
CCD 2015-16 5th Seed in West/Lost in 1st Round
CCD 2016-17 2nd Seed in West/Lost in 2nd Round
CCD 2017-18 Did not make playoffs

CCD 2020-21 1st Seed in East/Lost in East Finals

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • BayAreaBallers: will that need to eb accounted for
    May 21, 2024, 10:00:22 PM
  • Daddy: @BAB as per LIVE rules... All new ownership gets free drops year one.
    May 21, 2024, 10:00:25 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: or are they still ours
    May 21, 2024, 10:00:28 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: that part i get
    May 21, 2024, 10:00:51 PM
  • Daddy: The rosters are set by a prior date not todays or tomorrows
    May 21, 2024, 10:00:53 PM
  • Daddy: If someone appears on your roster its because they are your player
    May 21, 2024, 10:01:21 PM
  • Daddy: Regardless of who they start the new season with.
    May 21, 2024, 10:01:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: are we allowed to post drops now or is that at a different time
    May 21, 2024, 10:02:42 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: last question
    May 21, 2024, 10:02:46 PM
  • Daddy: Only the newest NBA LIVE rosters are unknown as we will go with the newest version for the upcoming 2024/25 season.
    May 21, 2024, 10:02:54 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE you must wait.
    May 21, 2024, 10:03:15 PM
  • Daddy: It doesnt start till 6/1
    May 21, 2024, 10:03:28 PM
  • Daddy: We just work fast ;)
    May 21, 2024, 10:03:45 PM
  • Daddy: Looks like its ready but the SS isnt finished and we cant do transactions till we finish.
    May 21, 2024, 10:04:25 PM
  • Daddy: Its not like the others. Its got NHL/AHL and formulas need perfected.
    May 21, 2024, 10:04:56 PM
  • Daddy: A lot of LIVE GMs came after i had won in football and built a monster in baseball. Many of you weren't there for the start. Like STLBlues. Like Braves. So you talk smack to the old Man (me).
    May 21, 2024, 10:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: I cannot wait to start these virgin leagues. So that (you too BAB) can get your deserved foots from day one. :)
    May 21, 2024, 10:10:30 PM
  • Daddy: Size 13 (lubricant included sponsored by *Acme Bigfoot Jelly Inc)
    May 21, 2024, 10:12:47 PM
  • Brent: I don't know Hockey, but NHL Live sounds good.  I probably shouldn't have left FGM as I have a little more time than I thought after leaving a bunch of other leagues.
    May 21, 2024, 10:38:24 PM
  • STLBlues91: Think there are 3 more teams left until NHL gets filled up
    May 21, 2024, 10:40:10 PM
  • Daddy: Four (4) NY Islanders >> Nashville Predators >> Ottawa Senators >> LA Kings
    May 21, 2024, 10:50:47 PM
  • Daddy: They each had owners who uncommitted two of them went to other sites to try to copy the concept. Problem is no Daddy, no staff,  no LIVE.
    May 21, 2024, 10:52:54 PM
  • Daddy: Nobody on Earth does hockey like we are about to do it. Its a shame 28 teams are gone without most of the true profsl hockey guys signing up. That's a huge loss. For them.
    May 21, 2024, 10:54:45 PM
  • Daddy: If you love hockey and you love dynasty and you arent in LIVE than you must hate me or competition more than you love the others. Which is petty & not worth our efforts anyway.
    May 21, 2024, 10:56:10 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE Spreadsheet [link] should be available to be seen.
    May 21, 2024, 11:35:31 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent we sincerely hope that you do join as a HOF level dynasty GM. The rules and a lot of format carry over from one LIVE league to another.
    May 21, 2024, 11:56:46 PM
  • Daddy: We believe that even if you don't know a sport well, we provide the material, and enough guidance advice that any disadvantages are minimized. Hockey is one of the greatest sports of all time.
    May 21, 2024, 11:58:09 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Brent should I put you on the waiting list for the next opening?
    Yesterday at 10:53:35 AM
  • Brent: Nah, I need to resist.  I built the team I wanted and decided to leave so that's on me.
    Yesterday at 11:28:04 AM
  • indiansnation: Is their a way i can lgo and check out prospects in nhl live and get statistics
    Yesterday at 01:02:05 PM
  • Daddy: We have the same prospects as real life. Same draft class coming in. You are loaded for Bear.
    Yesterday at 01:06:11 PM
  • Daddy: The contracts that expire in 2023. Are upcoming FA. We giving a chance to extend 6/1
    Yesterday at 01:08:31 PM
  • indiansnation: I finally looked at the minors and i got a 40 year old player in my minors
    Yesterday at 01:27:00 PM
  • Daddy: Did we put Sidney Crosby in your Juniors? Whats the resolution you seek?
    Yesterday at 01:57:39 PM
  • indiansnation: No resolution i just saw it. No rrsolution
    Yesterday at 05:49:02 PM
  • Daddy: Ok. You know you can cut anyone you want and with FROZEN FRENZY as well as the draft we all have a ton of moves to make.
    Yesterday at 06:11:32 PM
  • Daddy: Hockey players don't make what football, basketball, baseball players make. The cap is lower than other LIVE leagues.
    Yesterday at 06:13:00 PM
  • Daddy: NFL Teams in OTAs. Hockey & Baseball Drafts approach
    Yesterday at 06:14:26 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah when we were filling rosters we just included everyone we could since they can be cut. I will be cutting a chunk of guys once we start up
    Yesterday at 06:14:45 PM
  • Daddy: Trading too. Not just cutting. Virgin teams need diversified. Ive seen owners swap half of they're starting players to get diversified.
    Yesterday at 06:16:51 PM
  • Daddy: New leagues should be the most active because everyone has a ton of assets.
    Yesterday at 06:18:24 PM
  • Bigdon: Is there any openings in nfl.l8ve
    Yesterday at 11:09:21 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey bigdon if u looking to trade in mlb live let me know im guardians
    Yesterday at 11:24:50 PM
  • Bigdon: Well listen to all offers I need team in nfl live I am in all other leagues
    Yesterday at 11:31:05 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon pm sent u trade offer in mlb live
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon sent u new pm with new trade offer
    Today at 12:08:07 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon ill post trade right know
    Today at 12:13:33 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon trade posted in mlb live
    Today at 12:24:42 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: bigdon sent ya a message also i dont think nfl has any openings rn
    Today at 12:31:00 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayarea Ballers pm about giants in mlb live
    Today at 12:32:31 AM