Author Topic: Twins - Nats Trade 1-24-18 4:27 pm ET  (Read 636 times)

Offline Anthony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 10000
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Minnesota:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
Twins - Nats Trade 1-24-18 4:27 pm ET
« on: January 24, 2018, 12:54:21 PM »
:MIN: acquires
OF Trammell, Taylor, $0.5m (P-n/a)
SP Greene, Hunter, $0.5m (P-n/a)

:WAS: acquires
CI Candelario, Jeimer, $3m (2018)
SP Bradley, Archie, $0.5m (P-2019)
OF White, Isiah, $0.5m (P-n/a)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 05:48:35 AM by Flash »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Twins - Nats Trade
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:57:18 PM »
Twins do this because I like the specs I, getting back. Camdelerio will hqve a fantastic year, but I’m ready to shake things up
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline ldsjayhawk

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :CLS:
    • :Kansas:
    • :SKC:
    • :KC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:23:27 PM »
 :iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
FGM :win: :SEA: 2017 + 2x AL West Div
BUSH AL :Bronze: :KC: 2021 + 4x AL Central Div
AFB AL :Bronze: :KC: 2012 + 1x Div
AFB NL :Bronze: :COL: 2018 + 2x Div

Offline leppardkev

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 05:27:11 PM »
Washington approves, I get a young starting 3B that I think is exciting, and good add to my bullpen, as well as an OF that could be interesting in couple of years! This makes my club more competitive and I think it's a win /win for both clubs, thanks Anthony!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
Re: Twins - Nats Trade 1-24-18 4:27 pm ET
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 07:47:51 PM »
I like the future of Candelario but I don't like it that much. Of the two principle position players involved I would rather have Trammell. Looking at the pitchers involved- A #2 overall pick v. a RP?
Sorry but I have to veto  :veto:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 08:25:28 PM »
I like the future of Candelario but I don't like it that much. Of the two principle position players involved I would rather have Trammell. Looking at the pitchers involved- A #2 overall pick v. a RP?
Sorry but I have to veto  :veto:

Usually when you trade a good prospect, you get a 30 year old vet who will give you a few good years and you sold your future for him. In this case he's getting a 24 year old who has already produced at the major league level, and is projected to get 1700 FP in his first full MLB season, as well as being a former top 100 spec on MLB. If we're talking about draft position, Trammell was drafted after the first round. When it comes to straight production and future projections, I don't see how a 24 year old major league 3B who was a highly touted prospect wouldn't be worth more than a 20 year old single-A player. Not to mention White was taken 85th overall in 2015, he's no scrub.

As for the pitchers, Bradley had a 1.73 ERA at age 25 and ranked 14 among RP who didn't start a game. He's a former starter so it can't be ruled out that he might start again. He was a former top 10 spec, which is even more reason why you can't always trust rankings. Just because Greene is a top pitching spec doesn't guarantee he will be a starter in the future.

In conclusion I give 2 young major league players with former minor league pedigree (not random benchwarmers) who have starting gigs in the majors, and a decent prospect for 2 prospects with the hope they surpass what I'm giving up. Regardless of which side is prefered, this is a fair trade for both parties and nowhere near vetoable.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline LockedNLoaded

• MVP
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :Maine:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 10:21:58 PM »
 :iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kidd5jersey

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 11:39:51 PM »
Candelario is a decent prospect but no world beater. He lacks power for the position, strikes out a fair amount, and chased pitches badly in his callup. Not ranked in top 100 despite not graduating.

Zeke White is not rosterable in our format. He hardly plays (hasn't played 50 games in any of his three years). He strikes out more than once per game. He has little power, and had a sub .200 average in 2017 in lower levels. He has a career average of .234.

Archie Bradley will not start. However, he is a very good bullpen arm with dirt cheap salary. He could profile as a closer as his pedigree was very good before falling apart when given repeated opportunities to start. He's a good piece.

Hunter Greene is a highly touted (#2 pick just this year) stud. He has all the tools to be a dominant starter. His upside is phenomenal despite no track record just yet. Prospects can be risky, but many say he was the crown jewel of the class. #2 in Reds system and #29 overall.

Taylor Trammell is a top young talent as well. He combines athleticism with great bat skills and power. He is oozing with talent.  It will be interesting to see how he pans out.  #3 in Reds system and #48 overall.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 01:56:45 AM »
Candelario is a decent prospect but no world beater. He lacks power for the position, strikes out a fair amount, and chased pitches badly in his callup. Not ranked in top 100 despite not graduating.

Zeke White is not rosterable in our format. He hardly plays (hasn't played 50 games in any of his three years). He strikes out more than once per game. He has little power, and had a sub .200 average in 2017 in lower levels. He has a career average of .234.

Archie Bradley will not start. However, he is a very good bullpen arm with dirt cheap salary. He could profile as a closer as his pedigree was very good before falling apart when given repeated opportunities to start. He's a good piece.

Hunter Greene is a highly touted (#2 pick just this year) stud. He has all the tools to be a dominant starter. His upside is phenomenal despite no track record just yet. Prospects can be risky, but many say he was the crown jewel of the class. #2 in Reds system and #29 overall.

Taylor Trammell is a top young talent as well. He combines athleticism with great bat skills and power. He is oozing with talent.  It will be interesting to see how he pans out.  #3 in Reds system and #48 overall.

Candelario did graduate. He exceeded the 130 AB in the majors that you need. He ended 2016 at #100 on MLB, and was ranked the 4th best 3B prospect. He did struggle with the Cubs, but a lot of prospects struggle when they’re first called up. Rizzo did with SD. In 27 games with Detroit he slashed .330/.406/.468. Clearly he’s showing he can play at the majors and a change of scenery did him well.

That being said. A 24 year old projected to get 1700 in his first full major league season is with more than a 20 year old OF prospect, even if he’s top 100.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 05:48:07 AM »
:MIN: acquires
OF Trammell, Taylor, $0.5m (P-n/a)
SP Greene, Hunter, $0.5m (P-n/a)

:WAS: acquires
CI Candelario, Jeimer, $3m (2018)
SP Bradley, Archie, $0.5m (P-2019)
OF White, Isiah, $0.5m (P-n/a)

Hmmm....Another Nationals trade involving Hunter Greene.

This trade is essentially two for two because Isaiah “Zeke” White has been less than auspicious thus far.  He’s young, but there’s no indication that he will be a bonafide MLB player.  So the major piece in this trade is Hunter Greene.

It’s hard to imagine anyone thinking Jeimer Candelario is going to have a “fantastic season”, CIs need to be big boppers or high average players.  He is neither.  For what he has shown thus far, in the past two years at the at the MLB level, his 162 game line is .268/11 HRs, 60 RBIs, one would be harpressed to think he will do much more than that.  Such a stat line is hardly anything to be “excited” about.

Archie Bradley is a RP and it’s a stretch to think Arizona will ever use him as a SP.  So again, for what he offers, there are plenty of RPs in Free Agency who would be more than adequate alternatives.

Back to Hunter Greene.  He is a top prospect that is viewed as a Blue Chip player.  He will, at some point, a top MLB talent, and players like him shouldn’t be just traded away for average players.

:veto:

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: In what sport? I aint creating water polo or luge LIVE
    Today at 01:13:30 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Any
    Today at 01:13:52 AM
  • Daddy: Wont be no pickleball or billiards. All you gonna do is receive foots.
    Today at 01:14:13 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Not any NHL rebuilding. MLB I'm pretty much up there. NFL I can repeat. NBA im ready for it
    Today at 01:14:55 AM
  • Daddy: I got a special boot. For datass this football season.
    Today at 01:14:59 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayareaballers pm
    Today at 01:15:00 AM
  • Daddy: I call it Bruce
    Today at 01:15:15 AM
  • Daddy: Im gonna put Bruce all in datass
    Today at 01:15:29 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: LMAOOO daddy you an I will bicker talk Crap it won't phase me
    Today at 01:16:48 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I will continue to fit
    Today at 01:17:01 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Brian replied
    Today at 01:17:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: *fight
    Today at 01:17:19 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Brian you can post
    Today at 01:17:45 AM
  • Daddy: And whats this Im rebuilding in Hockey crap? Oh noooooo bruh. Im gonna rebuild this foot in that shiney hiney there as well.
    Today at 01:17:46 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Bruh I am tearing my team down for a reason
    Today at 01:18:27 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Trust me I will do work in draft
    Today at 01:18:52 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: And get this team to where I Wanna go in due time
    Today at 01:19:10 AM
  • Daddy: I got my reasons too. Forgive me for what my fantasy teams do.
    Today at 01:19:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: yeah ik u a tough out
    Today at 01:21:52 AM
  • Daddy: Thats why i want it to be a fair fight and the best guys doing it.
    Today at 01:24:09 AM
  • Daddy: If you had the best guys on Earth all take evenly matched teams and took all handcuffs off, who would be left standing?
    Today at 01:25:09 AM
  • Daddy: We eliminate all excuses
    Today at 01:25:21 AM
  • Daddy: SS no excuse, fantrax no excuse, non active gms no excuse, i gets rid of dead weight. Fukm
    Today at 01:26:05 AM
  • Daddy: Dont have money no excuse, dont have time no excuse, the league sux..... Nope. They dont. No excuse.
    Today at 01:27:11 AM
  • Daddy: Nobody holding you back
    Today at 01:27:31 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayareaballers trade posted in NHL live
    Today at 01:27:33 AM
  • Daddy: But you
    Today at 01:27:45 AM
  • indiansnation: Hey when will NBA live be up and running daddy
    Today at 01:28:20 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: im replying to it thx Brian
    Today at 01:28:52 AM
  • Daddy: Its a lot of work Brian but there is soooo mich excitement for it im trying to get started to be done by the upcoming season.
    Today at 01:29:39 AM
  • Daddy: I believe we will be ready by September/October
    Today at 01:30:14 AM
  • Daddy: We usually exceed my expectations
    Today at 01:30:32 AM
  • indiansnation: Just asking once its done u won't know what to do after all the live leagues our done
    Today at 01:32:59 AM
  • Daddy: Run my team. Just like you.
    Today at 01:44:21 AM
  • Daddy: Corey had the right idea but did it wrong. So much of it was fake. League rules were impeding league success and ability to achieve growth. Even back then things were tooooo sloowwww. I would wait a week before a FA was added to my team. Two weeks before added to my SS.
    Today at 01:46:52 AM
  • Daddy: You know how many fuqn moves i make in 2 weeks? Its my fault im busy somehow? Thats a bad thing?
    Today at 01:47:41 AM
  • Daddy: We gambling, playing for money, im waiting two weeks for a SS update? Daduq!!!?!!
    Today at 01:48:45 AM
  • Daddy: Fuq!!!
    Today at 01:48:58 AM
  • Daddy: You fuqn kidding me? Im doing the same Crap on another site. Playing for money
    Today at 01:49:33 AM
  • Daddy: Got no clue how much cap i really got. He got guys on my SS been gone a month. Thats the product? AND IM PAYING A FEE FOR THAT??? DA FUQ!?!?!
    Today at 01:50:32 AM
  • Daddy: And the scoring is corny on top of it
    Today at 01:51:13 AM
  • Daddy: League got ten great teams twenty Crapty ones
    Today at 01:51:36 AM
  • Daddy: FUQ THAT PRODUCT
    Today at 01:51:57 AM
  • Daddy: I tried saying, they asked me if i ever ran a league before (like they all do) so, i stfu and laced up Bruce.
    Today at 01:53:48 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE has been open for one day... Weve got 103 "archived" posts. Meaning fully processed SS & Fantrax.
    Today at 02:30:59 AM
  • Daddy: A dozen trades have been made, Connor McDavid found a new Country to play for.
    Today at 02:32:28 AM
  • Daddy: Let me ask you... What has any other hockey league done in the last 24 hours?
    Today at 02:33:00 AM
  • Daddy: Including the NHL
    Today at 02:33:40 AM
  • Daddy: This LIVE Crap is next level. See for yourself.
    Today at 02:34:21 AM
  • Braves155: Morning LIVE Fanatics
    Today at 09:39:56 AM