Author Topic: Need New Scoring System  (Read 7554 times)

yahoolando

Re: Need New Scoring System
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 02:37:05 PM »
I know. We have some great new GMs. Looking forward to a more competitive league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

haseloff

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2013, 03:49:18 PM »
Those lists look really good except it looks like closers and relievers in general would be incredibly devalued.

Just like real life!

If the defense is only Errors: -1,Put Outs: 0.2 and Assists: 0.2 then I don't see a huge deal with it. 

What is the current affect of PO and Assists?  Is it placing higher value on SS and 1B?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

yahoolando

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2013, 03:51:27 PM »
Just like real life!

If the defense is only Errors: -1,Put Outs: 0.2 and Assists: 0.2 then I don't see a huge deal with it. 

What is the current affect of PO and Assists?  Is it placing higher value on SS and 1B?

1B and Catchers. Needs slight adjustment per position
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jss0062

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :SA:
    • :Blank:
    • :Texas:
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »
Here are the raw numbers of putouts and assists for seasons 2009-2013.
I couldn't find by position stats for the other five years, 5 seasons does give a solid sample size.
Recommendations will follow in a separate post.

There were 2.67 times as many putouts as assists

Position     Assists %    Putout %

Pitcher        11.2%          2.0%
Catcher        5.3%         25.8%
First             6.6%         31.8%
Second       28.2%         7.0%
Third           18.8%         2.5%
Short          28.3%         5.5%
Left             0.6%           7.0%
Center        0.5%           9.4%
Right           0.6%           7.4%

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

yahoolando

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 06:39:20 PM »
Here are the raw numbers of putouts and assists for seasons 2009-2013.
I couldn't find by position stats for the other five years, 5 seasons does give a solid sample size.
Recommendations will follow in a separate post.

There were 2.67 times as many putouts as assists

Position     Assists %    Putout %

Pitcher        11.2%          2.0%
Catcher        5.3%         25.8%
First             6.6%         31.8%
Second       28.2%         7.0%
Third           18.8%         2.5%
Short          28.3%         5.5%
Left             0.6%           7.0%
Center        0.5%           9.4%
Right           0.6%           7.4%

Nice work Jeremy!  Assists translates into more chance of error as there are two things you need to do, catch and throw whereas a putout is only one.

This is good stuff.  We will definitely update this for next season somehow.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jss0062

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 07:11:43 PM »
Here are my recommendations to make assists and putouts equal and to normalize for position.

First to equalize assists to putouts you would need to multiply .2 by 2.67 this gives you .534.

Theoretically every position would get 11.1% of the chances, to normalize this to position you divide 11.1 by the assist and putout percentage.   When you do this you get with the pitchers as an example the assist ratio is 1.00 and putout ratio is 5.54 (numbers are rounded to 2 decimal points for final numbers only). The next step is to multiply the ratio to the points per, again for pitchers this would give you .53 points per assist and 1.11 per putout.   To check you multiply the points per by the total and you come up with an equal amount of points available for all positions for both assists and putouts.

So here goes.   PPA = Points per assist      PPP = Points per putout

Position             PPA               PPP

Pitcher              .531              1.109
Catcher           1.124             0.086
First Base        0.903             0.070
Second Base   0.210             0.316
Third Base       0.316             0.890
Shortstop        0.209             0.405
Left Field        10.463            0.317
Center Field   12.306            0.235
Right Field       9.500             0.299

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

yahoolando

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2013, 07:22:59 PM »
I think Assists should be worth slightly more than putouts as catching a ball compared with catching at throwing multiplies the chance of error by double.

Or maybe we normalize the assists like you have shown and then lessen the putouts by a certain percentage?

Nice work!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jss0062

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2013, 07:51:30 PM »
I think Assists should be worth slightly more than putouts as catching a ball compared with catching at throwing multiplies the chance of error by double.

Or maybe we normalize the assists like you have shown and then lessen the putouts by a certain percentage?

Nice work!

I view them as equal.  A good defensive first baseman saves a lot of errors from the other infielders with his ability to make difficult picks, in those cases the putout is often the more difficult part of that play, same goes for catchers who are above average at catching foul tip 3rd strikes.  This goes for outfielders too, the guys who get better reads on balls and have better speed catch more balls than those who don't thus giving them more putouts and less chance of throwing out someone trying to stretch a single into a double.  Most above average fielders will get to more balls thus giving them more chances for either putouts or assists. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

yahoolando

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2013, 08:09:03 PM »
I view them as equal.  A good defensive first baseman saves a lot of errors from the other infielders with his ability to make difficult picks, in those cases the putout is often the more difficult part of that play, same goes for catchers who are above average at catching foul tip 3rd strikes.  This goes for outfielders too, the guys who get better reads on balls and have better speed catch more balls than those who don't thus giving them more putouts and less chance of throwing out someone trying to stretch a single into a double.  Most above average fielders will get to more balls thus giving them more chances for either putouts or assists.

Sure picks are great and so are foul tips but how many of those plays are way too easy?  I played community college ball and there is a lot to be said for a great defensive 1B for sure.  But making the throw and the fielding play on an assist is worth more in my books.  Just my 2 cents.  Chances double for an error.  That is why best athletes play up the middle for great defence.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jss0062

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2013, 08:31:12 PM »
Sure picks are great and so are foul tips but how many of those plays are way too easy?  I played community college ball and there is a lot to be said for a great defensive 1B for sure.  But making the throw and the fielding play on an assist is worth more in my books.  Just my 2 cents.  Chances double for an error.  That is why best athletes play up the middle for great defence.

I just don't see how it can be done.  How would we figure the amount to lower it by?  Trying to figure how much more an assist is worth is completely arbitrary.  The system I outlined over the last five years averaged nearly 2892 points per position for each assists and putouts.  Even a 10% decrease would not make much of a difference in a weekly league like this one. Granted there are more chances for an error, but most errors occur on routine plays that should be easy or by making a throw that shouldn't have been made.  An error is only charged when an ordinary play is botched.  Plays made deep in the hole where the throw is off line or a charging 3rd basemen who can't bare hand a slow roller are not charged an error.  This is why the average points for an assist in my proposed system is 2.67 times the amount of an average putout.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Brent: I don't know Hockey, but NHL Live sounds good.  I probably shouldn't have left FGM as I have a little more time than I thought after leaving a bunch of other leagues.
    May 21, 2024, 10:38:24 PM
  • STLBlues91: Think there are 3 more teams left until NHL gets filled up
    May 21, 2024, 10:40:10 PM
  • Daddy: Four (4) NY Islanders >> Nashville Predators >> Ottawa Senators >> LA Kings
    May 21, 2024, 10:50:47 PM
  • Daddy: They each had owners who uncommitted two of them went to other sites to try to copy the concept. Problem is no Daddy, no staff,  no LIVE.
    May 21, 2024, 10:52:54 PM
  • Daddy: Nobody on Earth does hockey like we are about to do it. Its a shame 28 teams are gone without most of the true profsl hockey guys signing up. That's a huge loss. For them.
    May 21, 2024, 10:54:45 PM
  • Daddy: If you love hockey and you love dynasty and you arent in LIVE than you must hate me or competition more than you love the others. Which is petty & not worth our efforts anyway.
    May 21, 2024, 10:56:10 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE Spreadsheet [link] should be available to be seen.
    May 21, 2024, 11:35:31 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent we sincerely hope that you do join as a HOF level dynasty GM. The rules and a lot of format carry over from one LIVE league to another.
    May 21, 2024, 11:56:46 PM
  • Daddy: We believe that even if you don't know a sport well, we provide the material, and enough guidance advice that any disadvantages are minimized. Hockey is one of the greatest sports of all time.
    May 21, 2024, 11:58:09 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Brent should I put you on the waiting list for the next opening?
    Yesterday at 10:53:35 AM
  • Brent: Nah, I need to resist.  I built the team I wanted and decided to leave so that's on me.
    Yesterday at 11:28:04 AM
  • indiansnation: Is their a way i can lgo and check out prospects in nhl live and get statistics
    Yesterday at 01:02:05 PM
  • Daddy: We have the same prospects as real life. Same draft class coming in. You are loaded for Bear.
    Yesterday at 01:06:11 PM
  • Daddy: The contracts that expire in 2023. Are upcoming FA. We giving a chance to extend 6/1
    Yesterday at 01:08:31 PM
  • indiansnation: I finally looked at the minors and i got a 40 year old player in my minors
    Yesterday at 01:27:00 PM
  • Daddy: Did we put Sidney Crosby in your Juniors? Whats the resolution you seek?
    Yesterday at 01:57:39 PM
  • indiansnation: No resolution i just saw it. No rrsolution
    Yesterday at 05:49:02 PM
  • Daddy: Ok. You know you can cut anyone you want and with FROZEN FRENZY as well as the draft we all have a ton of moves to make.
    Yesterday at 06:11:32 PM
  • Daddy: Hockey players don't make what football, basketball, baseball players make. The cap is lower than other LIVE leagues.
    Yesterday at 06:13:00 PM
  • Daddy: NFL Teams in OTAs. Hockey & Baseball Drafts approach
    Yesterday at 06:14:26 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah when we were filling rosters we just included everyone we could since they can be cut. I will be cutting a chunk of guys once we start up
    Yesterday at 06:14:45 PM
  • Daddy: Trading too. Not just cutting. Virgin teams need diversified. Ive seen owners swap half of they're starting players to get diversified.
    Yesterday at 06:16:51 PM
  • Daddy: New leagues should be the most active because everyone has a ton of assets.
    Yesterday at 06:18:24 PM
  • Bigdon: Is there any openings in nfl.l8ve
    Yesterday at 11:09:21 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey bigdon if u looking to trade in mlb live let me know im guardians
    Yesterday at 11:24:50 PM
  • Bigdon: Well listen to all offers I need team in nfl live I am in all other leagues
    Yesterday at 11:31:05 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon pm sent u trade offer in mlb live
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon sent u new pm with new trade offer
    Today at 12:08:07 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon ill post trade right know
    Today at 12:13:33 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon trade posted in mlb live
    Today at 12:24:42 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: bigdon sent ya a message also i dont think nfl has any openings rn
    Today at 12:31:00 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayarea Ballers pm about giants in mlb live
    Today at 12:32:31 AM
  • Brent: Angels looking for a power bat in MLB Live.
    Today at 07:17:38 AM
  • Daddy: When i started on profsl in 2010 my first league i had to pay $45 for the Milwaukee Brewers in a start up league called SD.
    Today at 10:45:05 AM
  • Daddy: SD = Scouting Department
    Today at 10:45:26 AM
  • Daddy: Papps recruited me on our job. The only team available in a full and active money league.
    Today at 10:46:25 AM
  • Daddy: They vetoed my first 7 trade attempts. They publicly insulted me, calling me dumb, saying i should be kicked out the league because it was obvious i didnt know what i was doing.
    Today at 10:47:37 AM
  • Daddy: Im year 2 i won the championship and the prize pool. I would win it repeatedly afterwards.
    Today at 10:48:26 AM
  • Daddy: My Dad joined. Then these same fools said he was my burner account.
    Today at 10:48:56 AM
  • Daddy: When it was obvious he was someone else, they started saying we couldn't trade with each other or we were cheating.
    Today at 10:49:44 AM
  • Daddy: Profsl had a bunch of pencil dik crooks on it. All over the place. Corrupt LMs orchestrating trades to try to pre determine who won.
    Today at 10:50:57 AM
  • Daddy: To keep the money between "certain guys". That way it stayed in house and they just kept robbing fools.
    Today at 10:51:49 AM
  • Daddy: I created LIVE because LIVE is what those fake ass leagues were supposed to be.
    Today at 10:52:24 AM
  • Daddy: Real competition. Where your competition cant cheat ya and anyone that beats ya deserved to do so.
    Today at 10:53:15 AM
  • Daddy: All those bums & crooks & morons have either left profsl for good or they stay in the background, watching, and gossiping behind my back like a bunch of street corner hookers.
    Today at 10:54:41 AM
  • Daddy: Now all we do on profsl is play ball.
    Today at 10:55:51 AM
  • Daddy: How did i win a money league that they were cheating in? Because if you cheat, you still gotta be right about the players. They were smart at being crooks. Dumb at building teams.
    Today at 10:59:54 AM
  • OUDAN: I miss money dynasty lesgues
    Today at 11:27:47 AM
  • OUDAN: Ran correctly that is
    Today at 11:28:50 AM
  • Daddy: Agreed Dan. This site was popping 14 years ago with half ass product. Every league here today offers a unique top quality product.
    Today at 01:09:03 PM