Dynasty NHL

Home :: Fantrax :: Rules :: Transactions :: History

::
::

Author Topic: Flyers - Penguins Trade  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
Re: Flyers - Penguins Trade
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 04:03:37 PM »
My big issue is how can you say it's a good trade for a contending team and not for a rebuilding team?

Because he's not winning anything next year.  He would need to increase his weekly point production by 100+ points to contend for a playoff spot next season.  This trade does increase his production, but not by even close to enough.  He's trading away his finest assets and he nets nothing since by the time he's competitive, Chara will be retired, Halak will be a backup somewhere and Getzlaf will be a 1/2 PPG player.

What if he flips those guys to contenders? GMs should be allowed to run their teams the way they want.

It's true that he could do this, but where's the evidence that he will?  The evidence we do have suggests that he won't.  Where was he this past trade deadline when he could and should have shopped Sedin to a contender for an overpayment?  That's what a good rebuilding team would have done.

This is why I hate TC's. People have their own ways to run the team. One GM says how great the deal is and another says each player for player should be even.

This is why we have 7 people on the TC - because opinions differ.  Right now the votes are tied 2-2.  The next 3 votes will decide this.  How is that not fair?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline papps

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 9
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 04:12:44 PM »
Its ridiculous that I get penalized because you think Dave cannot run his team.  To his point, you should replace him if you feel he can't do the job.  Dave has been around a long time and has shown to be a competent GM in multiple leagues.  Its not like my teams have been very good in this league either.  I can't stand when people veto trades let alone when they think they are "protecting" another owner.  If that's the issue he shouldn't be in the league.  I'm pretty much done with this and could care less at this point if the trade is approved or not. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:14:37 PM by papps »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 - 2021 NFL Live Champion :TB-NFL:
🏆 - 2020 Bush League Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 Franchise GM Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 The League Champion :PIT-NFL:
🏆 - 2016 Moneyball II Champion :BOS:
🏆 - 2010 Agents vs GMs Champion :PHI:

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2016, 05:00:38 PM »
Its ridiculous that I get penalized because you think Dave cannot run his team.  To his point, you should replace him if you feel he can't do the job.  Dave has been around a long time and has shown to be a competent GM in multiple leagues.  Its not like my teams have been very good in this league either.  I can't stand when people veto trades let alone when they think they are "protecting" another owner.  If that's the issue he shouldn't be in the league.  I'm pretty much done with this and could care less at this point if the trade is approved or not.

I dont know why you are getting upset.  If its a fair deal going both ways you haven't lost anything or been penalized other than some time in banging out the deal. 

My veto is based on protecting the team , not the GM.  You called into question of the strategy.  I will point to the Vancouver Canucks as exhibit A.  Gilly came in, traded away all the young players and picks for high priced veterans made a 1st round exit in the playoffs and then bailed. Ask Drew how that is working out for him these days.  The trade IMO ( and yes it is just that my opinion being on the trade committee) that this trade was going to be detrimental to the longer term viability of the team. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline -BA-

• Legend
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :WAS-NHL:
    • :Michigan:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 06:54:36 PM »
Philly gets:
C Tomas Hertl, $0.2m (P-16/17)
LW James van Riemsdyk, $5.3m (2019-2020)
Pick 1-12

Penguins get:
C Ryan Getzlaf, $6.9m (2017-2018)
LW Evander Kane, $6.7m (2016-2017)
G Jaroslav Halak, $4m (2017-2018)
D Zdeno Chara, $6.9m (2017-2018)

This is a win-win deal for both teams.  I get two good players, a pick, and much needed cap space and the Pens use their cash to bring in four good players to help round out their roster.  Both teams fill needs here. 

Thanks for the deal, Dave!  Good luck to you!

Here are my thoughts.

This does look like a deal a team on the verge of winning a championship would do, which Pit is def not. It makes his team better in the short term, but really hurts him long term, by tying up cap space on veterans that are closer to their decline than their prime.

Hertl had a real nice year and is under a prospect contract and subject to a prospect extension. He looks to be on the rise.

Kane and van Reimsdyk are basically a wash point wise, and are the same age, but Kane costs 1.4M more.

I believe Getslaf has a few good years left in him but I don't know that he will perform better than he did this year, so 3 ppg may be the best you can hope for.

Halak has bounced around a bit and is 30 yrs old. I think he is a lot closer to being a solid backup. This year he only played 36 games so he is already splitting time. Pit has nothing at G now, so I understand adding a servicable goalie is a good thing, but in a year or 2 how much will he be playing.

Chara scores over 2ppg but he is 38 and has a HORRIBLE contract.

The first round pick should still be decent. but I don't see why this was needed in the deal at all.

I understand why Philly would love this deal, they get 2 young players that are under contract for a while assuming the prospect extension for Hertl, for more expensive players under shorter contracts, and 3 of those guys are 30 or over. Halak does not make up they difference between these 2 players based on the number of games that he is playing, even if his numbers are good in those games.

To give up that much cap and still get 2 very good young players is just too much for me. Sorry but I just can't buy this deal for a 2 win team.  :veto:

Maybe you can work out a smaller deal with 1 of the players or something, but too me its just too big of a deal to make sense as is.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You go to the box. Two minutes by yourself and... you feel shame. You know... and then you get free."

Offline Tarheels55

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 197
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :IND-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :NorthCarolina:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 10:45:06 AM »
Smaller deal will be worked out.  >:(
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline izaman3

• Legend
    • :DET-NHL:
    • :Michigan:
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 11:39:32 AM »
I understand where the vetoes are coming from, but I approve this deal.

Cap space will be important over the next few years but Pitt has plenty of it to use how they see fit. Goalies are always valuable and Pitt really needs one. I like Kane over JVR and look for him to play even better with Eichel next year. I also think that Getzlaf and Chara make attractive trade chips for next deadline and they will increase the return on this trade. Pitt can send cash tied to these contracts if needed to make a deal work.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 12:12:15 PM »
Both members are preferring to scrap this trade and go with the revised deal posted. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: In what sport? I aint creating water polo or luge LIVE
    Today at 01:13:30 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Any
    Today at 01:13:52 AM
  • Daddy: Wont be no pickleball or billiards. All you gonna do is receive foots.
    Today at 01:14:13 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Not any NHL rebuilding. MLB I'm pretty much up there. NFL I can repeat. NBA im ready for it
    Today at 01:14:55 AM
  • Daddy: I got a special boot. For datass this football season.
    Today at 01:14:59 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayareaballers pm
    Today at 01:15:00 AM
  • Daddy: I call it Bruce
    Today at 01:15:15 AM
  • Daddy: Im gonna put Bruce all in datass
    Today at 01:15:29 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: LMAOOO daddy you an I will bicker talk Crap it won't phase me
    Today at 01:16:48 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I will continue to fit
    Today at 01:17:01 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Brian replied
    Today at 01:17:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: *fight
    Today at 01:17:19 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Brian you can post
    Today at 01:17:45 AM
  • Daddy: And whats this Im rebuilding in Hockey crap? Oh noooooo bruh. Im gonna rebuild this foot in that shiney hiney there as well.
    Today at 01:17:46 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Bruh I am tearing my team down for a reason
    Today at 01:18:27 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Trust me I will do work in draft
    Today at 01:18:52 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: And get this team to where I Wanna go in due time
    Today at 01:19:10 AM
  • Daddy: I got my reasons too. Forgive me for what my fantasy teams do.
    Today at 01:19:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: yeah ik u a tough out
    Today at 01:21:52 AM
  • Daddy: Thats why i want it to be a fair fight and the best guys doing it.
    Today at 01:24:09 AM
  • Daddy: If you had the best guys on Earth all take evenly matched teams and took all handcuffs off, who would be left standing?
    Today at 01:25:09 AM
  • Daddy: We eliminate all excuses
    Today at 01:25:21 AM
  • Daddy: SS no excuse, fantrax no excuse, non active gms no excuse, i gets rid of dead weight. Fukm
    Today at 01:26:05 AM
  • Daddy: Dont have money no excuse, dont have time no excuse, the league sux..... Nope. They dont. No excuse.
    Today at 01:27:11 AM
  • Daddy: Nobody holding you back
    Today at 01:27:31 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayareaballers trade posted in NHL live
    Today at 01:27:33 AM
  • Daddy: But you
    Today at 01:27:45 AM
  • indiansnation: Hey when will NBA live be up and running daddy
    Today at 01:28:20 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: im replying to it thx Brian
    Today at 01:28:52 AM
  • Daddy: Its a lot of work Brian but there is soooo mich excitement for it im trying to get started to be done by the upcoming season.
    Today at 01:29:39 AM
  • Daddy: I believe we will be ready by September/October
    Today at 01:30:14 AM
  • Daddy: We usually exceed my expectations
    Today at 01:30:32 AM
  • indiansnation: Just asking once its done u won't know what to do after all the live leagues our done
    Today at 01:32:59 AM
  • Daddy: Run my team. Just like you.
    Today at 01:44:21 AM
  • Daddy: Corey had the right idea but did it wrong. So much of it was fake. League rules were impeding league success and ability to achieve growth. Even back then things were tooooo sloowwww. I would wait a week before a FA was added to my team. Two weeks before added to my SS.
    Today at 01:46:52 AM
  • Daddy: You know how many fuqn moves i make in 2 weeks? Its my fault im busy somehow? Thats a bad thing?
    Today at 01:47:41 AM
  • Daddy: We gambling, playing for money, im waiting two weeks for a SS update? Daduq!!!?!!
    Today at 01:48:45 AM
  • Daddy: Fuq!!!
    Today at 01:48:58 AM
  • Daddy: You fuqn kidding me? Im doing the same Crap on another site. Playing for money
    Today at 01:49:33 AM
  • Daddy: Got no clue how much cap i really got. He got guys on my SS been gone a month. Thats the product? AND IM PAYING A FEE FOR THAT??? DA FUQ!?!?!
    Today at 01:50:32 AM
  • Daddy: And the scoring is corny on top of it
    Today at 01:51:13 AM
  • Daddy: League got ten great teams twenty Crapty ones
    Today at 01:51:36 AM
  • Daddy: FUQ THAT PRODUCT
    Today at 01:51:57 AM
  • Daddy: I tried saying, they asked me if i ever ran a league before (like they all do) so, i stfu and laced up Bruce.
    Today at 01:53:48 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE has been open for one day... Weve got 103 "archived" posts. Meaning fully processed SS & Fantrax.
    Today at 02:30:59 AM
  • Daddy: A dozen trades have been made, Connor McDavid found a new Country to play for.
    Today at 02:32:28 AM
  • Daddy: Let me ask you... What has any other hockey league done in the last 24 hours?
    Today at 02:33:00 AM
  • Daddy: Including the NHL
    Today at 02:33:40 AM
  • Daddy: This LIVE Crap is next level. See for yourself.
    Today at 02:34:21 AM
  • Braves155: Morning LIVE Fanatics
    Today at 09:39:56 AM