Author Topic: Team Captain Guidelines and Information  (Read 474 times)

Offline WestCoastExpress

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Team Captain Guidelines and Information
« on: September 26, 2020, 05:41:07 PM »
Team Captains:

To add an extra feature to PDH, we are introducing Team Captains to every team, similar to how each NHL team can have one Captain and three Assistant Captains during game play.

Each franchise will be able to name:
- 1 Captain [C]
- 3 Assistant Captains [A]

* Goalies are NOT eligible to be named team captains
- All 4 captains will have a no-trade clause [NTC], and be non-trade-able while they are a captain
- Captains are not able to be bought out, or waived and sent to the minors
- Team Captains do not necessarily have to be a captain on their real-life team

These Captains will get a slight reduction in salary cap hit, as follows:
Captain:
20% less cap hit

Assistant Captains:
15% less cap hit each

These reductions apply for all of:
- Players' existing contracts on start-up of the league
- Re-signing your own FA
- Matching the final winning RFA bid on your own player
- Upon the final winning FA bid (*If player is on your real-life franchise name. See below for more)

A Team Captain MUST be on your team name franchise in real life
Examples: (as of Oct. 2020)
(1) The Toronto Maple Leafs franchise could name: Tavares, Marner, Matthews, etc. as they are all on the Toronto Maple Leafs in real life. But not McDavid, Crosby or Ovechkin who are not on the Maple Leafs in real life, or Fredrick Anderson who is a goalie.
(2) The Tampa Bay Lightning franchise could name: Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman, etc., but not Andrei Vasilevskiy who is a goalie, or Pastrnak, Seguin, Kopitar as none are on the Lightning in real life

Team Captain Duration:
- Team Captains must remain captains for a period of 2 years
- Every 2 years, teams can re-assign their captains if they choose. The player's full salary would be re-instated if he no longer is a captain

Captains will be named upon start-up of the league in the 2020 off-season (For the 2020-2021 season)

In the off-season of 2022, teams will be able to re-choose their captains or keep the same ones.
The "Captain Naming Off-Seasons" will be as follows:
2020  -  League start-up; Captains remain in place for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 seasons
2022  -  Captains remain in place for the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 seasons
2024  -  Captains remain in place for the 2024-2025 and 2025-2026 seasons
2026  -  Captains remain in place for the 2026-2027 and 2027-2028 seasons

If a Team Captain is Traded or Leaves in FA in Real Life:

Free Agency:
- If any of your captains leaves your real life franchise in free agency, you must immediately choose a new captain.
Your new captain will get the cap reduction, while your former captain will revert back to full salary cap hit
(This immediate action is because real-life FA happens in the off-season and not during a season)

Traded:
- If any of your captains is traded in real life, he will no longer be eligible to be a team captain for your franchise
However:
- The player may remain a team captain for the remainder of that season, as a real-life trade is an unforeseen circumstance that we cannot plan for in this league
- You must choose a new team captain in the off-season, and the traded captain will revert back to original/full cap hit
- You can, if you choose, re-name your captain mid-season if a trade occurs (if you have the cap to make it work)

In both cases, no matter when you have to re-name a new captain, they will be able to be replaced in the "captain naming off-season:"
Example:
Your team captain gets traded in real life during the 2020-2021 season
You then name a new captain that off-season - he will be your captain for the 2021-2022 season
The off-season of 2022 is when all teams review their captains and can make changes if they choose; Your new captain also falls under this even though he will have only been captain for one season. You can replace him at this time, or keep him as your captain

Note:
Team Captains do not necessarily have to be the "best" players on your team or highest scoring players.
Given that it is a 2-year window the player must remain a captain, some strategy will go into choosing your captains to maximize the cap reduction - but also understand that you will not be able to trade these players for 2 years.
So, while you might want to name a player a captain based solely on his cap hit even if he may not be a highly productive fantasy player, keep in mind that he would not be able to be traded, bought out, or sent to the minors for the duration of his captaincy.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 05:31:42 PM by WestCoastExpress »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Dont you just love it. When a deal comes together with another competitor. That exchanging of assets. Its how civilization was created.
    May 11, 2024, 10:12:48 PM
  • Daddy: Deal. (Nothing like it)
    May 11, 2024, 10:13:20 PM
  • Braves155: Anymore deals to be had in NFL LIVE? Looking for picks/young players
    May 11, 2024, 10:30:35 PM
  • indiansnation: If anybody looking to trade im up for it
    Yesterday at 12:33:55 PM
  • indiansnation: Cubs and guardians make trade in mlb live
    Yesterday at 01:41:33 PM
  • Braves155: I'm also looking to deal
    Yesterday at 02:22:11 PM
  • Daddy: Tomorrow the NBA LIVE "Pre-Reserve" sign up sheet will be posted at 8PM EST. More league details to follow.
    Yesterday at 02:30:02 PM
  • Daddy: Start up virgin franchises and an even playing field from the start. As with all LIVE leagues, no advantages, no disadvantages, only pure competition. The truest proving ground.
    Yesterday at 02:31:26 PM
  • Daddy: Dynasty Basketball will never be the same. Its already changing.
    Yesterday at 02:33:05 PM
  • Braves155: Meanwhile in NFL LIVE...eagerly awaiting start of the NFL LIVE Draft
    Yesterday at 02:34:36 PM
  • Daddy: 8/1/24 8PM EST NFL LIVE Draft. The ultimate LIVE Draft!
    Yesterday at 02:36:28 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE Owners, here is your draft preview [link]
    Yesterday at 02:38:00 PM
  • Braves155: Would be interesting to see some Mock NFL LIVE Drafts, especially after the first 10 or so picks
    Yesterday at 03:39:54 PM
  • Daddy: We only do one and we only do the first round. It isnt released until July.
    Yesterday at 03:54:55 PM
  • TheGOAT: pm STLBlues
    Yesterday at 04:51:27 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: RyanJames5   pm sent.
    Yesterday at 06:22:37 PM
  • TheGOAT: Back again STL
    Yesterday at 06:49:37 PM
  • TheGOAT: Back again STLBlues
    Yesterday at 06:52:56 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE Entry Draft 7/6/24 8PM
    Yesterday at 10:32:18 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 11:23:15 PM
  • indiansnation: Shout out to yankees and rockies nice job in mlb live u guys took me out
    Yesterday at 11:23:59 PM
  • Daddy: Everyone gunning for the top teams each week and upsets happen in LIVE.
    Today at 12:01:05 AM
  • Daddy: More gratifying beating good teams. Nothing like an underdog.
    Today at 12:36:14 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Steelers/Chargers trade is in.
    Today at 10:52:31 AM
  • Daddy: You must be excited. Texting me n chit. A trade isnt a trade until it is confirmed.
    Today at 11:34:40 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Just calling the attention. Maybe a little excited.. Working the board.
    Today at 11:37:35 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: im really happy w how my MLB LIVE team did
    Today at 11:42:40 AM
  • Daddy: You know the secret sauce. You look championship caliber already. Second sport.
    Today at 11:45:05 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: guess my trades are slowly paying off
    Today at 12:04:14 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: and my fa adds
    Today at 12:04:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: yeah thx Daddy. im slowly turning it around
    Today at 12:06:30 PM
  • Daddy: Thats called activity and it breeds success sooner than later.
    Today at 12:13:44 PM
  • Daddy: Daily fantasy is for the idiot that doesn't know what to do with they're time and money.
    Today at 12:15:18 PM
  • Daddy: You gonna wager on how someone performs per game????  Youre an idiot. Yeah you will win some but the house isnt built to lose.
    Today at 12:16:06 PM
  • Daddy: Betting on outcomes of games i can understand. Betting on yourself i can also understand. Dynasty Fantasy isnt that daily crap.
    Today at 12:17:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: im gonna be honest haha i do daily fantasy on DK at times
    Today at 12:18:11 PM
  • Daddy: My how they flock to daily fantasy. They just cant help but bet and the govt finally getting it piece.
    Today at 12:18:18 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: but i tend to do smaller entry amts
    Today at 12:18:41 PM
  • Daddy: Not everyone that does daily is a moron. Just bout 90%
    Today at 12:19:04 PM
  • Daddy: Quickest way to lose money
    Today at 12:19:21 PM
  • Daddy: If you gonna bet. Then BET. Drop a G on a team to win. Or a horse. Or Ukraine. Or something.
    Today at 12:20:12 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: thats why i only do the 0.25-1 dollar entries
    Today at 12:20:27 PM
  • Daddy: What you wagering your cereal money for?
    Today at 12:20:41 PM
  • Daddy: Just the thrill of the bet i guess
    Today at 12:21:00 PM
  • Daddy: Not me. I work for a living. I want my cereal money. I like Lucky Charms cuz they are magically delicious.
    Today at 12:22:02 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: look i get it you hate dfs i dont do it every day
    Today at 12:23:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: but i only pick games that i feel interested in doing
    Today at 12:23:34 PM
  • Daddy: Im not hating. Aint my money. People have the right to be happy and we dont all like the same things.
    Today at 12:26:57 PM
  • Daddy: DK has more members & business than profsl. I know for a fact we have the better product but its a microwave society and most people dont know sports they just want to believe they do.
    Today at 12:28:13 PM
  • Daddy: Then go back to Facebook & TikTok
    Today at 12:29:05 PM