Author Topic: Florida & Ottawa agree to a deal  (Read 1014 times)

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Florida & Ottawa agree to a deal
« on: February 02, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
Ottawa Sends:
RW - Chris Neil, $2.0m (2012-2013)
D - Alexei Emelin, $0.2m (2012-2013)
MiLR player C - Mikael Granlund, N/C, (0 Games)

Florida Sends:
RW - Brian Gionta, $2.0m (2013-2014)
D - Andrei Markov, $1.8m (2013-2014)
D - Derek Smith, $0.2m (2012-2013)
4th Round (EDM)

low-down: i'm continuing to fine tune my team for the stretch drive and talking to all sellers about deals that will work out very nicely if they can be patient. Gionta and Markov are great point producers with great contracts but currently injured, same with D.Smith who was QB'ing Calgary's PP before he went down.

I feel my cats win now and sens win next season easily.

DickieDunn to confirm! thanks for the smooth negotiations  :toast:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Florida Panthers ... link to team page

2023-24 FRANCHISE NHL PAYOUT TO CHAMPION ... :money: $530.00USD :money:
ONLY THE BEST OWNERS WANTED

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
Re: Florida & Ottawa agree to a deal
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:11:57 PM »
Ottawa Sends:
RW - Chris Neil, $2.0m (2012-2013)
D - Alexei Emelin, $0.2m (2012-2013)
MiLR player C - Mikael Granlund, N/C, (0 Games)

Florida Sends:
RW - Brian Gionta, $2.0m (2013-2014)
D - Andrei Markov, $1.8m (2013-2014)
D - Derek Smith, $0.2m (2012-2013)
4th Round (EDM)

low-down: i'm continuing to fine tune my team for the stretch drive and talking to all sellers about deals that will work out very nicely if they can be patient. Gionta and Markov are great point producers with great contracts but currently injured, same with D.Smith who was QB'ing Calgary's PP before he went down.

I feel my cats win now and sens win next season easily.

DickieDunn to confirm! thanks for the smooth negotiations  :toast:
For a rebuilding OTT team this is a brutal move. They give up one of the top prospects outside the NHL and Emelin who is becoming decent in MON. Markov is a injury-prone player as well as Gionta thus far this season. They get rid of Neil who puts up decent points but don't get anything back except Smith. 4th round pick is a shot in the dark.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Offline dickiedunn

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:56:59 PM »
Ottawa Senators management confirm this trade.

We want to rebuild and believe we will have an incredible team next year. Without a goalie this season after losing Anderson and Elliott under the guidance of the former Ottawa owners it was going to be challenging to compete at 100%.

As for this trade, First, our team is also over the limit at the minor league level and needed to trim or move someone. This deal helps us reach the minor league roster ceiling. Mike Granlund is a great prospect but how many years will it take before the Finnish center cracks Minnesota's line-up full-time with Koivu, Brodziak, Cullen. There's also Charlie Coyle and Zack Phillips waiting in the wings in the minor leagues and I own Phillips.

Second, the three players we pick up will easily outplay the one and a half NHL regulars we gave up in this trade. Markov is due to return in late February in time for my Play-off run LOL. Gionta's point totals prior to this season make him a high-end Right Winger. While the Flames Sutter and Feaster love Smith's all around game and toughness great for Hits in our scoring system.

Third, all the players coming to Ottawa fit our salary structure this season and for the foreseeable future at $2.0 Million or less (Gionta), $1.8 Million (Markov) and $0.2 Million (Smith).

Ottawa Senators like this trade and we will be stronger for it next season whether the players play for our team or we end up trading them for even better players. I've spoken to teams about a mid to late 1st round draft pick for Chris Neil but when will that Draft pick help my team? Maybe in 3-5 years? This deal meets my criteria to become competitive starting this off-season without breaking team payroll.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 09:43:16 PM »
(2/2/12) Andrei Markov (knee) skated by himself for 15 minutes on Tuesday and he took to the ice again on Wednesday for 20 minutes. It's still unclear if Markov will be ready to return at all this season. The oft-injured blueliner hasn't appeared in an NHL game since Nov. 13 during the 2010-11 campaign.

Markov played 7 games last season and 40 the season before. And hasn't played a game this year.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

hockeyfreak6000

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:10:41 PM »
I'm not liking this deal so much for ottawa... I will wait and see what everubody else says
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
(2/2/12) Andrei Markov (knee) skated by himself for 15 minutes on Tuesday and he took to the ice again on Wednesday for 20 minutes. It's still unclear if Markov will be ready to return at all this season. The oft-injured blueliner hasn't appeared in an NHL game since Nov. 13 during the 2010-11 campaign.

Markov played 7 games last season and 40 the season before. And hasn't played a game this year.

you mean next yr when the deal breaks down to neil for gonta it's still going to "look" bad to you. who's going to guarantee me granlund cracks the wild line-up full-time on L1 or L2 in 2012-13. anyone who wants to do that is welcome to send an offer to take him off my hands. drew, open offer... just send me a player of equal value.

guys, how much more is neil going to improve ottawa's standing this season? how does this hurt ottawa? you veto a deal if one club is getting the severe short end. if we're talking this very moment in time, ottawa and my cats net out, markov's not playing, neither is granlund, they both have potential and risk, neil is playing but isn't gonta the better fantasy point guy? then smith for emelin is a wash, both are young. plus a pick to ottawa.

where's the one-sided deal here guys?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Florida Panthers ... link to team page

2023-24 FRANCHISE NHL PAYOUT TO CHAMPION ... :money: $530.00USD :money:
ONLY THE BEST OWNERS WANTED

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 03:45:09 AM »
you mean next yr when the deal breaks down to neil for gonta it's still going to "look" bad to you. who's going to guarantee me granlund cracks the wild line-up full-time on L1 or L2 in 2012-13. anyone who wants to do that is welcome to send an offer to take him off my hands. drew, open offer... just send me a player of equal value.

guys, how much more is neil going to improve ottawa's standing this season? how does this hurt ottawa? you veto a deal if one club is getting the severe short end. if we're talking this very moment in time, ottawa and my cats net out, markov's not playing, neither is granlund, they both have potential and risk, neil is playing but isn't gonta the better fantasy point guy? then smith for emelin is a wash, both are young. plus a pick to ottawa.

where's the one-sided deal here guys?
Just makes no sense from OTT stand point. Granlund is in the NHL next season. Neil for Gionta is a wash as the risk for injury and jsut crappy overall play from Gionta is too much. Emelin in my mind is better than Smith and Markov is more of an injury concern that FLA is dumping. Just don't get how this helps the future of OTT.
 :veto:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Offline dickiedunn

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 08:28:30 AM »
My Ottawa Senators are happy with this deal.

Looking just at Neil versus Gionta point totals over the past 3 seasons and their rank at Right Wing

Neil with a $2.0 Million salary averages 89.96 points per season
2010-11 = 102.75 (69th)
2009-10 = 119.75 (48th)
2008-09 = 47.4 (111th)

Gionta with a $2.0 Million salary averages 155.76 point per season
2010-11 = 170.35 (16th)
2009-10 = 141.15 (32nd)
2008-09 = 155.8 (25th)

That's Neil's 90pts versus Gionta's 156pts annually. What's not to like for my Senators acquiring Gionta? I feel Neil is being moved while his value is high and Gionta is being acquired while his perceived value is at its lowest.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dickiedunn

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 08:31:25 AM »
Another thing it will not be the first time I acquire an injured player.

As a matter of fact, I acquired Latendresse from Drew's Wild before the holidays.
Then I added Cam Barker and Huselius from Columbus, both injured and both with a history but they will be dirty cheap contract extensions next year and are big reward type players.

So I'm moving Granlund. He's good but when does he help me? Around the same time Markov helps me? Which player will have an immediate impact when they play? I say Markov is the bigger risk reward guy and Markov's $1.8 Million salary looks much better than Granlund's $2.5 Million salary.

This deal helps my Senators when I expect my team to compete hard starting this off-season and Fall.

Again Ottawa is more than happy with this deal and to say it isn't a good deal is telling me I don't know hockey.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tarheels55

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 197
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :IND-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :NorthCarolina:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »
My Ottawa Senators are happy with this deal.

Looking just at Neil versus Gionta point totals over the past 3 seasons and their rank at Right Wing

Neil with a $2.0 Million salary averages 89.96 points per season
2010-11 = 102.75 (69th)
2009-10 = 119.75 (48th)
2008-09 = 47.4 (111th)

Gionta with a $2.0 Million salary averages 155.76 point per season
2010-11 = 170.35 (16th)
2009-10 = 141.15 (32nd)
2008-09 = 155.8 (25th)

That's Neil's 90pts versus Gionta's 156pts annually. What's not to like for my Senators acquiring Gionta? I feel Neil is being moved while his value is high and Gionta is being acquired while his perceived value is at its lowest.

I can see where Ottawa is going here so  :iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

* FNHL Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: I am the biggest nerd when it comes to milb prospects their is like another 100 prospects in mlb i could add right know in heartbeat. My luttle time im off from work I spend hours looking at specs.
    Yesterday at 12:23:33 AM
  • indiansnation: If u look at everybody in mlb live prospect wise is killing it in minors. Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live and then start working on nfl live and and nhl live.
    Yesterday at 12:25:51 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: niners could still be interested in adding players. believ i have  abt 4 picks in 2025 that i can maybe use in trade depending on deal
    Yesterday at 12:30:57 AM
  • dbreer23: "Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live" - I'll believe that when...well, never!
    Yesterday at 01:02:58 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: lmaoo way to contradict brian
    Yesterday at 01:10:09 AM
  • Daddy: Agreed
    Yesterday at 01:10:16 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i had room in my farm so i figured i fill it some
    Yesterday at 01:10:20 AM
  • Daddy: I dont mind activity. Especially with purpose. Brian needs hockey to start.
    Yesterday at 01:11:26 AM
  • Daddy: Its been so long since ive done a hockey league and ive fallen behind a bit in the sport because of that. This year hockey is back in my life for good.
    Yesterday at 01:12:42 AM
  • Daddy: @Brian we have a 60 player minor league limit. All of our guys on each team should be killing it in the minors. Sign guys you believe in. Then let them develop.
    Yesterday at 01:21:47 AM
  • Daddy: Everytime a guy is hitting .400 at Corpus Christi that doesn't make him Ted Williams.
    Yesterday at 01:26:13 AM
  • Daddy: None of these dudes are gonna help you avoid datazzwhupin im putting on you this week. Reap the whirlwind Brian. Reap it.
    Yesterday at 01:29:07 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: is this reference to guys i added?
    Yesterday at 01:29:55 AM
  • Daddy: You sir... No. Football is our battle ground. Im talking about Mr. 189 minor league nerd that TEXTED me he was gon whoop me this week.
    Yesterday at 01:34:21 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: hahahah ok
    Yesterday at 01:35:38 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy is going down by guardians in mlb live.
    Yesterday at 01:40:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey colts in nfl live looking to move qb russel Wilson looking for draft picks in return.
    Yesterday at 01:43:08 PM
  • Daddy: That is a great trade in MLB. Most trades are great but few are star worthy. Congratulations to both GMs!
    Yesterday at 04:19:40 PM
  • Daddy: Isaac Coffey will be a FA again in 72 hours.
    Yesterday at 04:21:55 PM
  • OUDAN: CCD guys lets deal!!!!
    Yesterday at 04:44:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: prolly will be yes daddy
    Yesterday at 04:55:56 PM
  • Daddy: As long as both owners are happy @BAB and they both seem very happy.
    Yesterday at 05:41:23 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: yeah i hear ya
    Yesterday at 06:02:44 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: has CCD been active
    Yesterday at 06:07:28 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: havent really checked that one much
    Yesterday at 06:07:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: been focused on LIVE
    Yesterday at 06:07:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night for trade talks in any league
    Yesterday at 07:19:35 PM
  • Brent: CCD is very active on the Discord Channel.
    Yesterday at 07:55:50 PM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    Yesterday at 07:57:35 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: evening
    Yesterday at 08:03:53 PM
  • Braves155: Will be on for a portion of the evening
    Yesterday at 08:10:39 PM
  • Braves155: Been starting to get into these older games that originally ran off DOSBOX for those who know what I'm talking about. The idea is you build your team with a salary of XXX and then every 2-3 seasons you have decisions to make. Field a 26 man roster, control your own pitching rotation, pen, lineup & bench like the true MLB. Draft every season where there's a lot of turnover. Interesting for sure.
    Yesterday at 08:15:28 PM
  • Braves155: PM Jwalk (Jets)
    Yesterday at 08:30:58 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: idsjayhawk replied
    Yesterday at 08:34:31 PM
  • Braves155: PM Professor Dan
    Yesterday at 09:19:27 PM
  • Daddy: Let that Man go on vacation. :rofl:
    Yesterday at 09:27:13 PM
  • Daddy: He had earned this getaway. His computer has earned it.
    Yesterday at 09:28:07 PM
  • Braves155: NEVER!!
    Yesterday at 09:28:29 PM
  • Braves155: You mean 'getaway' from 100 prospect posts/week from our Brian?
    Yesterday at 09:29:17 PM
  • Braves155: Any LIVE deal talks? Hmu
    Yesterday at 09:38:00 PM
  • Daddy: He ain't the only one brotha :)
    Yesterday at 09:40:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: dbreer deserves at least a hanfulof beers and margs
    Yesterday at 09:45:42 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: we put him through the ringer w the activity
    Yesterday at 09:45:54 PM
  • Rhino7: CCD has had a lot of trades lately
    Yesterday at 09:54:49 PM
  • Daddy: That's awesome!
    Yesterday at 10:06:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I've returned to fgm
    Today at 01:44:16 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Took over the team available
    Today at 01:44:26 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations @BAB. FGM is well managed.
    Today at 02:28:01 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yes I'm aware I had too much going on when I left after 2022 season. I'm back now for my second stint
    Today at 02:50:11 AM
  • ldsjayhawk: Excited to have you
    Today at 01:00:06 PM