* Cross-Court Dynasty

Boston Celtics Brooklyn Nets New York Knicks Philadelphia 76ers Toronto Raptors :: Denver Nuggets Minnesota Timberwolves Oklahoma City Thunder Portland Trailblazers Utah Jazz 
Chicago Bulls Cleveland Cavaliers Detroit Pistons Indiana Pacers Milwaukee Bucks :: Golden State Warriors Los Angeles Clippers Los Angeles Lakers Phoenix Suns Sacramento Kings 
Atlanta Hawks Charlotte Hornets Miami Heat Orlando Magic Washington Wizards :: Dallas Mavericks Houston Rockets Memphis Grizzlies New Orleans Pelicans San Antonio Spurs Blank

Author Topic: Rule change proposals for 2024/25 season  (Read 22258 times)

Online Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :SA:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Rule change proposals for 2024/25 season
« on: January 14, 2024, 01:49:28 PM »
Please post here your proposals for rule changes starting from next season.

Changes already approved:
1. FA bidding (starting from 2024/25 season). The duration to win a player in FA will be 24 hours. Basically, in order to avoid too long auctions, you win a player after being the highest bidder for 24 hours
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Brent,Gem9n9,
No reactions

Online Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • All-Star
    • View Profile
Re: Rule change proposals for 2024/25 season
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 09:56:41 AM »
The rulebook has been just updated to reflect the changes already agreed upon for the next season and to remove some obsolete parts
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jimw

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 11:55:47 PM »
You should consider canceling all money paid on contracts this year. It only helps the elite teams and keeps bad teams held down. Getting subsidies out of the league was a good start, but it should be accelerated.

If you won't do that you should increase everyone's cap to match.

It's not fair that one team has $34 mil in cap space more than the rest of us in 2024. It's killing the league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Brent,
No reactions

Online Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 08:42:45 AM »
If my calculations are correct, the overall impact of previously agreed cash exchanges on 2024/25 should be relatively limited. There is only one team with around $17mn of net total paid salaries and two teams with around $12-13mn of net paid salaries, all the other teams have less than $10m paid on a net basis.
Then in the 2025/26 season previously agreed cash exchanges will go close to zero, so the impact of the old rule will become almost null.

Please also consider that, according to the rules, each team must be salary cap compliant for all seasons and stay always under the cap also in the subsequent years, so the almost full wipe out of cash exchanges in 2025/26 will have some impact also on the upcoming season. To make this impact even stronger, in the upcoming 2024/25 season, we plan to move the deadline to extend a player (and pick up team option) before the end of regular season, so basically a team will need to re-sign an expiring contract before the playoffs (and obviously will need to have cap space to do it), otherwise the player will become a UFA in the offseason.

I cannot cancel unilaterally previously agreed cash exchanges, because cash exchanges were within the previous rules and managers who gained cap usually had to gave more assets to make that happen.
On the other side, a cap 'premium' for teams without cash exchanges on their balance would be too hard to quantify
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 08:59:22 AM by Interpaga »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jimw

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 10:53:30 AM »
I would disagree that a team having $17 mil extra in cap this year as "relatively limited".

I also would disagree that in 25/26 the impact of the old rule would "become almost null" because the assets that teams acquired will still be on their teams or traded for other assets. I would expect the top teams to remain top teams for at least several years past the cap advantages. I would say it's impossible to quantify the time it will take for this to be fixed.

That's why I was thinking the sooner these deals are gone the better.

Why not give extra cap this year to the teams who do not have these subsidies? I don't understand how it's too hard to quantify. But it's ok.

Thanks for responding to my post
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 12:03:44 PM »
It is true that a team in 2025/26 could be able to continue to benefit from expensive players previously acquired through cash exchanges, but, if the salaries paid disappear, this same team will have to have the ability to maintain these players while remaining under the salary cap without subsidies, otherwise it will have to sell assets. And it is important to note that obtaining a salary paid has generally had a cost (in terms of players or picks) for those who have benefited from it.
Surely the effects of what has happened so far in the league will also be felt in 2025/26, but I believe that more than to the old cash exchanges going forward, this will be due to the high activity that some teams have had since the start of the league. For this reason, I believe it is key for the league to increase further the engagement and activity of the participants.

Regarding a possible cap premium, first of all, some teams with paid salaries could feel penalized since the cash exchange typically came at a cost (players, picks). Even assuming that no team disputes the cap premium, what is the fair level of the premium?
A premium of $17m is undoubtedly high, it would create an enormous amount of cap space for all teams with difficult to predict consequences and above all, by opening up new cap space, it could benefit the most active owners which are often also those with the best teams (at the moment some of the teams are constrained because they are close to the cap). On the other side, an arbitrary premium of $3-5mn for teams without paid salaries would in my opinion remain subject to criticism without helping the teams that would benefit from it much
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 01:01:27 PM by Interpaga »
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Rhino7,
No reactions

Online Daddy

• Legend
  • NFL, MLB, NHL, NCAA, (ALL) LIVE
    • :LAR:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :PHI-MLS:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 04:52:56 PM »
It is true that a team in 2025/26 could be able to continue to benefit from expensive players previously acquired through cash exchanges, but, if the salaries paid disappear, this same team will have to have the ability to maintain these players while remaining under the salary cap without subsidies, otherwise it will have to sell assets. And it is important to note that obtaining a salary paid has generally had a cost (in terms of players or picks) for those who have benefited from it.
Surely the effects of what has happened so far in the league will also be felt in 2025/26, but I believe that more than to the old cash exchanges going forward, this will be due to the high activity that some teams have had since the start of the league. For this reason, I believe it is key for the league to increase further the engagement and activity of the participants.

Regarding a possible cap premium, first of all, some teams with paid salaries could feel penalized since the cash exchange typically came at a cost (players, picks). Even assuming that no team disputes the cap premium, what is the fair level of the premium?
A premium of $17m is undoubtedly high, it would create an enormous amount of cap space for all teams with difficult to predict consequences and above all, by opening up new cap space, it could benefit the most active owners which are often also those with the best teams (at the moment some of the teams are constrained because they are close to the cap). On the other side, an arbitrary premium of $3-5mn for teams without paid salaries would in my opinion remain subject to criticism without helping the teams that would benefit from it much
His suggestion is valid.

The teams over the cap should be forced to move those assets to get under the cap.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I have won almost every league I've ever joined across 4 sports & multiple sites. No need listing them all." -@Daddy

MLB LIVE
NHL LIVE
NFL LIVE
NCAA LIVE
NBA LIVE
NCAA Hoops LIVE

Daily Fantasy Sports (better to be lucky then good) 
Is nothing like
Dynasty Fantasy Sports (better to be good then lucky)

Online Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 08:12:10 PM »
Last year we made the important decision to prohibit new cash exchanges starting this offseason, but there has never been a ruling on canceling existing cash exchanges. A transition year is normal for the effects of an important old rule to be phased out; then next year, previously agreed cash exchanges will go near zero.
I am confident that the effects of the old rule on the upcoming season will be limited in any case, also thanks to the all-seasons cap compliance rule as described in my previous post.

I do not think it would be fair to introduce now a rule to immediately penalize teams that have salaries paid in their balance sheet. Cash exchanges were allowed to the entire league and teams that received salary payments operated within the rules and usually spent assets in exchange for cash received.

I would rather consider introducing a cash bonus for this season only, available exclusively to teams without paid salaries in their balance sheet.
In essence, these teams could apply for a cash bonus of up to $10 million in exchange for picks (for example, $3 million for a second-round pick and $10 million for a first-round pick). The picks would then go to open teams to favor new owners and help rebuild these teams.
This would address jimw's request to accelerate the transition (it's a kind of cap premium) and at the same time avoid disputes with managers with paid salaries who could argue that cash exchanges have cost them picks or players.

If a similar proposal gains support, we can consider it
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jimw

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2024, 03:10:52 PM »
If there is not enough time for teams to adjust to losing their subsidies for this season, why not remove all subsidies for 2025?  Everyone has a year and a half to be prepared for that.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline OUDAN

• Legend
    • :DAL:
    • :LAL:
    • :Oklahoma:
    • :NYY:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2024, 03:30:42 PM »
Taking away the payments that were already made doesnt seem to make sense in my head. The trades were made with that considered in the trade.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"People don't know what it means to be champions, Oklahoma invented it."
-Barry "The King" Switzer

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
-Coach Taylor

I hated every moment of training but I said, "Don't quit, Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion."
-Mohammed Ali

:win: 2014 FGM Champ
:win: 2015 Moneyball Champ
:win: 2015 Bush League Champ

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Jwalkerjr88: Jwalk100 and the Jets. Im watching
    Today at 04:58:29 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Mt_Crushmore joined only recently and hes done alot with them steelers
    Today at 04:58:55 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: @TheGoat what them falcons gonna do?
    Today at 04:59:13 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: @Thetitan packers?
    Today at 04:59:21 PM
  • indiansnation: Brent pm
    Today at 05:02:17 PM
  • Daddy: "To be the Man..You gotta beat the Man. Whooooooooo" -Nature Boy Ric Flair
    Today at 06:18:41 PM
  • TheGOAT: Cut me some slack. Literally went to the super bowl first year here. smh
    Today at 06:25:37 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for deals for today. Then will be working on spread sheets most of the day tomorrow as well so I will be around for any trade talks
    Today at 06:54:49 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: It wasnt an insult @TheGoat and if it was taken that way i apologize. It was more of motivation or a challenge. Im excited to see what you do
    Today at 06:55:56 PM
  • Daddy: Agreed @TheGoat... You beat my Championship team along the way and your brother beat my Dad.
    Today at 08:15:11 PM
  • Daddy: The LNL family as a whole are made Men. The Falcons are always "your" Falcons.
    Today at 08:16:04 PM
  • Daddy: You took the to a Superbowl and put foots to me to do it. I ain't calling you out. Pay no attention to jwalkerjr88 :rofl:
    Today at 08:19:03 PM
  • Daddy: them* (The Falcons). #Respect
    Today at 08:19:40 PM
  • Daddy: @TheGoat @BAB @Brent @papps. Youve proven you could beat me on an even playing field. My Father never did. I always beat him. I didn't beat yall. I got nothing but respect. :toth:
    Today at 08:23:48 PM
  • Daddy: Well in those title or playoff games i didnt beat you.
    Today at 08:25:47 PM
  • Daddy: I put foots to all but papps on the regular these days. ;)
    Today at 08:26:31 PM
  • Daddy: @INDIANABUC i would build you a statue if i could. If @IndianaBuc is in your league, he is probably whoopin yo ass.
    Today at 08:32:32 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I think I beat BUC a few times now
    Today at 08:39:00 PM
  • Daddy: Read Rules, access roster, activate ass whoopin mode #IndianaBuc. (Dont believe me? Go look. I bet he whoopin someone ass)
    Today at 08:39:34 PM
  • Daddy: Nobody wins all the time. But some people never lose if you know what i mean
    Today at 08:40:43 PM
  • Daddy: @Rhino7 promised me he would beat my Son. Listen Man. Beating jwalkerjr88 AINT NO SMALL FEAT. Rhino7 promised. And damn it. He delivered! Oh bless you sir. #heart-emoji
    Today at 08:44:12 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: @rhino took me out in the SB last yr
    Today at 08:45:54 PM
  • Daddy: Wasnt he undefeated? I believe he was undefeated at the time. AFC title game. (OUCH!) :rofl:
    Today at 08:45:55 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: me and rhino beat you and jwalkerjr88 that was some season we had
    Today at 08:46:14 PM
  • Daddy: Meaning @jwalkerjr88 was undefeated all last year. Man thats gotta sting.
    Today at 08:46:41 PM
  • Braves155: I think in NFL LIVE everyone is waiting to see the New Look Vikings. In full rebuild mode now, but I got loads of cap & 3 1sts this season.
    Today at 08:46:42 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i will never forget making my first Live SB. only to fall just short was heartbreaking but ill be back ik i will
    Today at 08:46:46 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah im still pissed at you. But to beat you 3 times in one year is asking a lot just like the real deal.
    Today at 08:47:23 PM
  • Daddy: The odds dont favor beating a really good football team x 3
    Today at 08:48:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I totally understand man. but i did tell u and i will continue to do so that im coming
    Today at 08:48:23 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: and if i lose i lost playing to best and full potential
    Today at 08:48:48 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im here for all the smoke this year
    Today at 08:49:24 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: NFL Live will be exciting to go for another run
    Today at 08:49:30 PM
  • Daddy: Both you and @TheGoat. I hope yall enjoyed your trip. Got to take in the lights and sounds. Cuz im due and im coming to collect. See you in September.
    Today at 08:50:11 PM
  • Braves155: Will be around for talks tonight
    Today at 08:50:16 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill see you in September but I will look forward to still being around late December
    Today at 08:51:51 PM
  • Braves155: Just settling in now, about to cook some dinner
    Today at 08:52:05 PM
  • Daddy: @Braves tries harder than anyone. Never afraid to take risks, never afraid to negotiate. Probably too easy going IMO. Talk about effort.. you talking @Braves155
    Today at 08:52:22 PM
  • Daddy: Any league i run you have a seat at the table if you want one.
    Today at 08:53:09 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: braves and i have made some good trades in past
    Today at 08:53:51 PM
  • Braves155: Daddy - Countless teams have inquired about Pacheco. I like the idea of building around him and the eventual 1.1 pick
    Today at 08:54:33 PM
  • Braves155: My D is coming together as well with some nice young pieces
    Today at 08:55:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: lmaooo i think i did ask abt him too braves
    Today at 08:55:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i totally understand u wanting to build w him
    Today at 08:55:32 PM
  • Daddy: Do YOUR thing @Braves, im a huge fan. It took Brian 12 years to become competitive. But man does Brian try hard.
    Today at 08:55:57 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah I was one of them that inquired as well before I moved my 3 first
    Today at 08:56:55 PM
  • Daddy: Effort > Talent
    Today at 08:57:07 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: some reason i am able to turn things in 1-2 yrs
    Today at 08:58:28 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i guess its my dilligence and patience
    Today at 08:58:43 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah I just sold my first year when taking over as I didnt have the roster. After my first season I ended up with 3 of the top 8 picks. Lots of luck and trades to be where I am going into year 3
    Today at 09:00:06 PM