Author Topic: Extensions on Prospects with Standard Contracts  (Read 5515 times)

lp815

Re: Extensions on Prospects with Standard Contracts
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2010, 03:48:58 PM »
The problem with all of this is that I gave Roy my word on this via PM several months ago.  I told him, based on my understanding, that the player can resolve to a prospect contract if eligible after the current contract.

This leaves me to two decisions.
1) Continue with that ruling
2) Go with our discussion here, and grandfather all such previous players whose prospect clock has not started

I would recommend we follow with the rules of this current discussion, as they have been the most transparent.  There is no issue with discussing rules through private messages between members, but the unfortunate side of that is what we have here:  specific rules being interpreted without being officially ruled on by the league.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »
I would recommend we follow with the rules of this current discussion, as they have been the most transparent.  There is no issue with discussing rules through private messages between members, but the unfortunate side of that is what we have here:  specific rules being interpreted without being officially ruled on by the league.

Of course the problem is that I told Roy one thing real quickly without it being discussed with the RC.  I didn't realize that it could have been perceived as a possible hole in the rules.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 06:54:07 PM by Colby »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Offline rcankosy

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2010, 05:51:54 PM »
Colby,

Don't beat yourself up over this.  You didn't do anything wrong.  Will all due respect to the RC, Colby made a decision in response to my question a few days before FA started, and he posted it on the main board.  Everything was quite "transparent" as Jake would say, and NO ONE from the RC posted a protest.  NO ONE at the time even suggested that such a "ruling" be brought before the RC.  Complaints about this only came up weeks after the fact when it was referred to in other posts.  By then, the genie was out of the bottle, because several owners did the same thing as me.  I'm pretty sure that most people who read Colby's original decision on the matter just accepted the it in the same manner as when Colby told us that we could not retract the high bid prior to it being the "winning" bid as defined in the league rules for bidding on free agents.

Roy
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lp815

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2010, 06:36:36 PM »
Colby,

Don't beat yourself up over this.  You didn't do anything wrong.  Will all due respect to the RC, Colby made a decision in response to my question a few days before FA started, and he posted it on the main board.  Everything was quite "transparent" as Jake would say, and NO ONE from the RC posted a protest.  NO ONE at the time even suggested that such a "ruling" be brought before the RC.  Complaints about this only came up weeks after the fact when it was referred to in other posts.  By then, the genie was out of the bottle, because several owners did the same thing as me.  I'm pretty sure that most people who read Colby's original decision on the matter just accepted the it in the same manner as when Colby told us that we could not retract the high bid prior to it being the "winning" bid as defined in the league rules for bidding on free agents.

Roy

I just read the topic discussion on the general board, and both Ben and Dan requested this be brought forward in the Rules Discussion.  It hadn't up until this point.  Also, not everyone agreed with the terms, both Dan and Ben made points against the case.  If a proposal is brought before the Rules Committee in the RC Forum, then it is voted on.  If it is merely brought up in the General Discussion, it isn't voted on, and is not official, no matter how many people agree to it.  I'm not making up those rules, they have been implemented from day 1.

This league isn't about merely accepting matters at hand, and Ben even makes a point in that discussion stating that issues must be officially ratified and not just discussed and generally ok'ed without an official ruling.  This case hasn't.

Roy, if you want to ridicule my wording with transparency, any discussion that is talked about publicly will always be more clearly stated to the league than private talk between two members.  I'm not sure what the mystery is behind my wording.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Canada8999

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2010, 07:52:32 PM »
I just read the topic discussion on the general board, and both Ben and Dan requested this be brought forward in the Rules Discussion.  It hadn't up until this point.  Also, not everyone agreed with the terms, both Dan and Ben made points against the case.  If a proposal is brought before the Rules Committee in the RC Forum, then it is voted on.  If it is merely brought up in the General Discussion, it isn't voted on, and is not official, no matter how many people agree to it.  I'm not making up those rules, they have been implemented from day 1.

This league isn't about merely accepting matters at hand, and Ben even makes a point in that discussion stating that issues must be officially ratified and not just discussed and generally ok'ed without an official ruling.  This case hasn't.

Roy, if you want to ridicule my wording with transparency, any discussion that is talked about publicly will always be more clearly stated to the league than private talk between two members.  I'm not sure what the mystery is behind my wording.

:toth:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Canada8999

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2010, 07:54:01 PM »
His base pay is $1.5m... if his prospect clock does not start by the end of the 2012 season, then the only options you will have is extend him at $1m/year or release.

Which rule/clause are you going by to get the $1.0M figure?  Just want to make sure we're all on the same page.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 01:23:16 PM »
I believe Colby is referring to once a contract expires you can sign a player to half his previous salary if that is what is vale is. I think Colby used Andrew Miller as an example on the contracts board.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Canada8999

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 02:12:23 PM »
I believe Colby is referring to once a contract expires you can sign a player to half his previous salary if that is what is vale is. I think Colby used Andrew Miller as an example on the contracts board.

Got it - but that is not a prospect contract (it's guaranteed), correct?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »
To my understanding, that would be a guaranteed contract
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 03:58:27 PM »
IMO, I think it is best served for us to find a halfway point in these discussions and vote on my following proposal.

If at the end (after last season is over) of a contract a player is eligible for a prospect contract then their contract may be converted into a prospect contract with a signing bonus equal to 50% (Previous Annual Salary - $500k) rounded to the nearest $500k.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Let me ask you... What has any other hockey league done in the last 24 hours?
    Yesterday at 02:33:00 AM
  • Daddy: Including the NHL
    Yesterday at 02:33:40 AM
  • Daddy: This LIVE Crap is next level. See for yourself.
    Yesterday at 02:34:21 AM
  • Braves155: Morning LIVE Fanatics
    Yesterday at 09:39:56 AM
  • Braves155: Who's round today for talks? I did receive a few PMs, so I'll respond to those shortly
    Yesterday at 01:17:33 PM
  • STLBlues91: I am always around
    Yesterday at 01:19:42 PM
  • Braves155: Is there an NHL LIVE spreadsheet?
    Yesterday at 01:22:30 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah its the NHL Live Rosters LINK
    Yesterday at 01:44:36 PM
  • Daddy: I keep forgetting to link the icons. My bad.
    Yesterday at 01:55:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Champions League final today
    Yesterday at 02:20:42 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 06:58:32 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM
  • Braves155: Replied
    Yesterday at 07:01:58 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Shout out to Daddy for putting this NHL LIVE.
    Yesterday at 07:33:38 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Round of applause to the team of admins
    Yesterday at 07:35:27 PM
  • Braves155: PM Crushmore
    Yesterday at 07:56:05 PM
    Yesterday at 08:07:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey Pittsburgh looking to move remaining picks in 2024 and 2025 NHL live
    Yesterday at 08:09:10 PM
  • Daddy: The NHL LIVE DRAFT is 3 DAYS AFTER the NHL Draft. Get those rosters ready for your picks.
    Yesterday at 08:27:41 PM
  • Daddy: We hit the ground running lol
    Yesterday at 08:28:36 PM
  • indiansnation: Alpha5 pm
    Yesterday at 08:35:08 PM
    Yesterday at 09:06:59 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Tampa Bay Lightning open for offers. Looking for LW/RW.
    Yesterday at 09:14:08 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im around the rest of the night for any trades
    Yesterday at 11:03:43 PM
  • Daddy: If i don't have offers in my inbox for baseball, there are messages from football or hockey. Its the profsl experience ive been wanting.
    Today at 12:07:26 AM
  • Daddy: Excited for NBA
    Today at 12:07:45 AM
  • STLBlues91: Im just looking at the draft prospects this and next year figuring out my plan
    Today at 12:08:08 AM
  • STLBlues91: Im ready for that expansion draft
    Today at 12:08:19 AM
  • Daddy: Yeah so about that. One team get first pick in the expansion draft. The other gets first pick in the amateur draft.
    Today at 12:10:24 AM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah figured that was how it would be
    Today at 12:11:15 AM
  • Daddy: I could flip a coin but nobody but me would see it. So a number has been selected between 1-32. You are both getting pms along with the two other mods.
    Today at 12:12:09 AM
  • STLBlues91: Sounds good. When you thinking this will occur
    Today at 12:12:41 AM
  • Daddy: Whomever guesses closer to the number gets the 1st overall pick in the amateur draft. The other picks first in expansion.
    Today at 12:13:04 AM
  • Daddy: Im getting it out the way tomorrow
    Today at 12:13:49 AM
  • Daddy: Ive got the tools now to build the matrix and the league.
    Today at 12:14:20 AM
  • STLBlues91: Sounds good, I will be thinking of a solid number
    Today at 12:15:05 AM
  • Daddy: Best get to building it.
    Today at 12:15:32 AM
  • Daddy: Honestly idk why the NBA doesn't do it that way for expanding. Two teams at a time. Expansion draft to amateur draft. I think the idea is fresh and its execution will be pretty dope. ;)
    Today at 12:25:15 AM
  • jimw: I think the NBA goes one team at a time to give the one team a better talent pool in the expansion draft and also to keep the teams from complaining about losing more players
    Today at 01:25:47 AM
  • Daddy: Thats fair
    Today at 01:27:48 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: that makes sense
    Today at 01:32:38 AM
  • Daddy: I mean they only losing one guy anyway tho. We expose 10 players, protect 5 players, each team, all 30 will lose one player.
    Today at 01:36:30 AM
  • Daddy: The expansion teams will then both have 15 players heading into the amateur draft with picks #1 & #2.
    Today at 01:37:43 AM
  • Daddy: Each other team will still have 14 players and one first round pick.
    Today at 01:38:26 AM
  • Daddy: They need to hire me is what they need to do :rofl:
    Today at 01:38:53 AM
  • Daddy: Yeah you lose a guy to the expansion draft. Likely your 6th man. Then the very next day you draft his replacement and keep it moving.
    Today at 01:40:25 AM
  • STLBlues91: Daddy quick question in your messages
    Today at 01:44:14 AM
  • Daddy: We are good to go.:toth:
    Today at 02:01:09 AM
  • jimw: I think in the Bobcat expansion each team could protect 8 players. And I think the bobcats has to take at least 14 so half the league didn't even lose a player.
    Today at 02:09:14 AM
  • jimw: That was a long time ago though
    Today at 02:09:59 AM