Author Topic: Mets & Angels GMs canned  (Read 12705 times)

Mr.TradeKing

Re: Mets & Angels GMs canned
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 03:37:15 PM »
I'd be fine with a swap, but I want to sit down and figure out the best trade. We are basically swapping teams here, but one team has over double the cap of the other. So, it may not be as easy as it seems to put together a team that is good for both teams and the league.

~MTK
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 03:41:32 PM »
This is my proposed trade...

Mets get

Stewart
Hamilton
Rasmus
Snider
Lind
Thole
Burnett - contract is an anchor
Beckham
OF Nieuwenhuis, Kirk, $0.5m (P-n/a)
X-MI Roberts, Brian, Cash Exchange on Contract through 2013, $3.5m in 2011
X-RP Broxton, Jonathan, Cash Exchange on Contract through 2012, $6.5m in 2011
1-15 CIN
2-15 CIN
3-15 CIN
4-15 CIN
5-15 CIN
6-15 CIN
7-15 CIN
8-15 CIN
9-15 CIN
10-15 CIN

Reds get
SP Archer, Chris, $0.5m (2012)
C Bethancourt, Christian, $0.5m (P-n/a)
C Harper, Bryce, $0.5m (P-n/a)
SP Harvey, Matt, $0.5m (P-n/a)
OF Hicks, Aaron, $0.5m (P-n/a)
OF Neal, Thomas, $0.5m (P-n/a)
MI Profar, Jurickson, $0.5m (P-n/a)
MI Sano, Miguel Jean, $0.5m (P-n/a)
CI Singleton, Jonathan, $0.5m (P-n/a)
OF Wells, Vernon, $18m (2014)
+ 14 mil a year
SP Ranaudo, Anthony, $0.5m (P-n/a)
 - any other prospects worth mentioning, not named Havens
1-6 NYM
2-6 NYM
3-6 NYM
4-6 NYM
5-6 NYM
6-6 NYM
7-6 NYM
8-6 NYM
9-6 NYM
10-6 NYM

In essence what is does is saddle the Mets with pricey contracts on aging players - Carpenter, Lackey, and AJ, plus the money owed to Wells, and the money the Reds owe out on previous trades... it builds the Reds minor league team up and gives them several young cheap foundation pieces in Belt and Harper, plus a cheap pitching staff that I have assembled. I know the concern is that I will be taking on a larger payroll, but I will have a lot of dead money on my roster as well, plus I will have no farm system to speak of. Plus the Mets payroll will be dropping annually because of the awefulness of their team the past two seasons.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:44:02 PM by Dan Wood »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 03:48:42 PM »

Mets get

Stewart
Hamilton
Rasmus
Snider
Lind
Thole
Beckham
1-15 CIN
2-15 CIN
3-15 CIN
4-15 CIN
5-15 CIN
6-15 CIN
7-15 CIN
8-15 CIN
9-15 CIN
10-15 CIN

Reds get
+ 14 mil a year
1-6 NYM
2-6 NYM
3-6 NYM
4-6 NYM
5-6 NYM
6-6 NYM
7-6 NYM
8-6 NYM
9-6 NYM
10-6 NYM

In essence what is does is saddle the Mets with pricey contracts on aging players - Carpenter, Lackey, and AJ, plus the money owed to Wells, and the money the Reds owe out on previous trades... it builds the Reds minor league team up and gives them several young cheap foundation pieces in Belt and Harper, plus a cheap pitching staff that I have assembled. I know the concern is that I will be taking on a larger payroll, but I will have a lot of dead money on my roster as well, plus I will have no farm system to speak of. Plus the Mets payroll will be dropping annually because of the awefulness of their team the past two seasons.

Thoughts?

how much cap space will you have as a result of this trade?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
No idea, I am shooting from the hip here while I am studying for a test in about 3 hours... I haven't run the numbers, but given the fact that most players being moved are .5 mil cept Hamilton and Lind, and taking on $$$, moving Wells, and eating 14 mil, should put the Mets at about 7 mil under the cap. Again that is all quick math.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 03:53:46 PM »

Mets get

Stewart
Hamilton
Rasmus
Snider
Lind
Thole
Beckham
1-15 CIN
2-15 CIN
3-15 CIN
4-15 CIN
5-15 CIN
6-15 CIN
7-15 CIN
8-15 CIN
9-15 CIN
10-15 CIN

Reds get
+ 14 mil a year
1-6 NYM
2-6 NYM
3-6 NYM
4-6 NYM
5-6 NYM
6-6 NYM
7-6 NYM
8-6 NYM
9-6 NYM
10-6 NYM

Thoughts?

I am just going to chime in since on TC.  I would not approve this deal.  1 major league player for 8 just doesn't work.  I understand there are a lot of moving parts, but a bunch of young major leagues players that have hit at that level or in AAA for a bunch of guys proven at AA or lower, just doesn't work. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 04:01:00 PM »
7M is quite a bit. You are going from a situation of having trouble retaining Lind and Rasmus to having extra cap space to be a major player in the FA.

I'd rather you just take the Mets name and inherit CIN"s players and cap structure. This league isn't 100% realistic anyway, the real life Mets would not have 40M burning in their pockets.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »
7M is quite a bit. You are going from a situation of having trouble retaining Lind and Rasmus to having extra cap space to be a major player in the FA.

I'd rather you just take the Mets name and inherit CIN"s players and cap structure. This league isn't 100% realistic anyway, the real life Mets would not have 40M burning in their pockets.

Actually the real life Metropolitans do have millions burning thanks to Bernie Madoff.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Dan Wood

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 04:04:35 PM »
I am just going to chime in since on TC.  I would not approve this deal.  1 major league player for 8 just doesn't work.  I understand there are a lot of moving parts, but a bunch of young major leagues players that have hit at that level or in AAA for a bunch of guys proven at AA or lower, just doesn't work.

Which was my point earlier. The Mets talent lies in the low minors. They do have many 5 star prospects but they are very far away. This was just a suggested trade, since I am not swapping teams without taking my players with me. As you all know I have worked hard to accumulate the talent that I have. Any move made would instantly make the Reds a rebuilding franchise with a deep farm system. That is the only way I can see this happening. You also have to consider what I am leaving behind in order to facilitate this move. That should also be considered in the trade. I am leaving behind Belt, Chone, Young, 3 cheap, young, usable pitchers, several decent minor league specs, in order to take on high priced old players, that aren't worth their salaries.

This situation isn't just about the trade of the players at hand. It is about what it does to the teams long term. And like I said earlier the only way for this to go through is if we all decide that the fate of the Reds is that of a rebuilding franchise. Just my two cents. As much as I want to take over the Mets, and make them a proud franchise in this league, I will not take the team as they are constructed, and chances are most people won't either.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 04:07:28 PM »

Howe I have a lot of money coming off the books next year in dropped players and players being paid for by the Reds. Plus Lind will never make that much again - I figure he lands somewhere around the 10 mil mark, freeing up another 6 mil. I plan ahead, which is why this move would have to work for me too. You can have all the money in the world, but if their isn't anyone to bid on who cares? Nishioki and Ianetta are prime examples of that.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 04:09:10 PM »
A blockbuster deal that would change the face of two divisions. Who could even imagine that Dan would be involved?
Seriously Dan, I hope this works out for you. You've earned it and deserve it.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Braves155: Replied
    Today at 10:36:24 AM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm back at u
    Today at 10:53:31 AM
  • Daddy: What he said. Pm sent
    Today at 12:13:54 PM
  • Braves155: PM again Indiansnation
    Today at 12:43:44 PM
  • Daddy: A message to our newest members: its easy to get lost in information. Ive brought people on profsl and had to teach them how to post and move on the site.
    Today at 12:54:00 PM
  • Daddy: Sometimes that takes a couple days, sometimes weeks, sometimes months. The only requirement of being a LIVE GM is effort & participation. Not necessarily trading but the operations of your franchise.
    Today at 12:55:34 PM
  • Daddy: Retain players, acquire players in FA, manage your cap, dont feel pressure but take your time & learn, grow in dynasty fantasy by maximum observation and minimum nerves.
    Today at 12:57:44 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Today at 12:59:55 PM
    Today at 01:00:59 PM
  • Daddy: Take time grasshopper(s) to absorb it all and move at your own pace like these two knucklehead's.
    Today at 01:02:03 PM
  • Daddy: Not being able to come immediately on profsl and function isnt a knock on your intelligence. This site is 271 years old. We can teach ya how to navigate it. What we cant teach you is passion for sports. Casual fans need not apply. Thats what draft kings is for.
    Today at 01:07:29 PM
    Today at 01:08:12 PM
    Today at 01:11:58 PM
  • Daddy: Every new member to the site we are somewhere chanting "ONE OF US! ONE OF US!" ONE OF US!" -We are an exclusive bunch. The best fantasy GMs on the planet play here.
    Today at 01:25:20 PM
  • Daddy: And if you are a current member.. and you arent in a LIVE league... What is it you could possibly be looking for HERE on a dynasty fantasy platform... That LIVE DOESNT HAVE? What does your profsl league do better or offer that LIVE does not?
    Today at 01:31:49 PM
  • Daddy: You like being part of the committees? Try being a mod. You like the entertainment of your league chat???? What brings you here? If its not the love of sports and wanting to be entertained in a well run league, then why do you come here at all?
    Today at 01:33:46 PM
  • Braves155: Back again indiansnation
    Today at 01:41:07 PM
    Today at 01:43:36 PM
  • Daddy: Join us. Compete. See what all the fuss is about. See why everything we post gets 1000 views. See for yourself. Name your sport. Come whup me. Come whup us.
    Today at 01:43:53 PM
  • Daddy: If Brian can do this... Anyone can.
    Today at 01:44:56 PM
  • Daddy: Brian is a contender for a LIVE baseball championship today. From ten years of sheer force of will and effort.
    Today at 01:46:14 PM
  • indiansnation: @daddy bite me
    Today at 01:46:36 PM
  • Daddy: Consider yourself bitten old friend.
    Today at 01:47:08 PM
  • Daddy: It was like training a baby seal... But we got you there.
    Today at 01:48:02 PM
  • Daddy: Now (I can't believe im saying this) Brian is a pretty damn good GM.
    Today at 01:51:52 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues pm
    Today at 01:54:13 PM
  • Braves155: Replied indiansnation
    Today at 01:55:08 PM
  • Braves155: Daddy might be about to knock Brian silly
    Today at 01:55:50 PM
  • Daddy: Nope. Ive always let him be himself. Ive had trades i negotiated in good faith vetoed by people who didn't want to lose.
    Today at 01:58:23 PM
  • Braves155: He's dealing me Crosby :-)
    Today at 01:59:12 PM
  • Daddy: How are YOU my competition going to determine value for ME and the person im trading with? Daduq???
    Today at 01:59:13 PM
  • Daddy: Because you dont like the value. Well who gives a Crap if you like it? It's not your deal.
    Today at 02:00:05 PM
  • Daddy: Coach Crosby getting dealt? This i gotta see.
    Today at 02:01:20 PM
  • Braves155: STLBlues, I didn't forget ya. I'll respond in short order
    Today at 02:02:34 PM
  • Daddy: Trade committee is there for competitive balance? Look at every league that has one. How balanced are they?
    Today at 02:02:53 PM
  • Daddy: Corey created that Crap for that exact purpose. To control who got what. And everyone copied it. Everywhere.
    Today at 02:04:00 PM
  • Daddy: I tried to tell them. Im still trying to tell them. What's the word im looking for????? Oh i know... "Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh".
    Today at 02:06:43 PM
  • indiansnation: Crosby on the move in nhl live
    Today at 02:07:34 PM
  • Daddy: There is a league out there. In your favorite sport. Where nobody gonna hold you back. Wont be no disadvantages. No cheating. No waiting.
    Today at 02:11:49 PM
  • Daddy: It ends in "LIVE" and however good we make it sound, its actually better than that.
    Today at 02:12:23 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 trade posted
    Today at 02:12:36 PM
  • Daddy: Ask someone with LIVE on their profile.
    Today at 02:13:32 PM
  • Daddy: In 3 days.. Sidney Crosby, Connor McDavid, Tomas Hertl all found new teams. We are just getting started in hockey.
    Today at 02:33:40 PM
  • Braves155: Who the next big name to move?
    Today at 02:42:40 PM
  • Daddy: I can look at you guys profiles and tell who loves what sports. You ever looked at profile teams? Interesting.
    Today at 04:48:36 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon pm
    Today at 04:49:17 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Is @dbreer still on the road? Got a trade offer for him
    Today at 05:06:19 PM
  • Daddy: Man's on vacation. Season starts in August. The Professor will return. He is always on fantrax and gets DMs there as well.
    Today at 05:15:54 PM
  • Braves155: EstcoastGonzo...when you are on, I PM'd ya on our earlier talks
    Today at 05:18:18 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the day
    Today at 05:21:33 PM