Author Topic: Rays and Blue Jays???  (Read 1337 times)

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :ORL:
    • :TBL:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
Re: Rays and Blue Jays???
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »
While your iron fist may be able to dictate in totality the terms of a struggling league, it can not dictate what constitutes "time spent" and what does not.  I do not need to "see whose is bigger" in regards to contribution to ProFSL.  It's funny how people like you throw around words like "guarantee" when speaking about things as subjective as time allocated to an activity.  You speak with such certainty and authority on subjects that can not be quantified.  Those with above average intellect can see through it for what it is.  As for the "time spent and enjoyment received from" question, I can assure you, I have received an IMMENSE amount of pleasure from my time here, and will continue to do so for a long time.  It's tyrants like you who lack ability to grasp the bigger picture that contribute to the negatives, few and far between as they may be...not the site itself.   
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's not the deep water that drowns us...we die because we stop kicking.

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 06:07:45 PM »
While your iron fist may be able to dictate in totality the terms of a struggling league, it can not dictate what constitutes "time spent" and what does not.  I do not need to "see whose is bigger" in regards to contribution to ProFSL.  It's funny how people like you throw around words like "guarantee" when speaking about things as subjective as time allocated to an activity.  You speak with such certainty and authority on subjects that can not be quantified.  Those with above average intellect can see through it for what it is.  As for the "time spent and enjoyment received from" question, I can assure you, I have received an IMMENSE amount of pleasure from my time here, and will continue to do so for a long time.  It's tyrants like you who lack ability to grasp the bigger picture that contribute to the negatives, few and far between as they may be...not the site itself.   

No HOSS you're dead wrong. I know what I've contributed to this site and sorry HOSS it's all documented if you care to look it up. It absolutely can be quantified.Go back and check DME and Old School leagues, along with trying to resurrect FGM, it's all there. By the way, why didn't you step up to the plate when FGM was flat lining a few months ago?
Tyrant? What a joke! If keeping people from circumventing rules is a tyrant I'll gladly accept that title.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 06:56:35 PM »
I do things in the real world which prevent me from "stepping up to the plate" to the extent you suggest.  Let me ask you a question, HOSS (because apparently using all caps is more stern or scary).  Why is it, that as a co-commish, your ruling over-rode that of Flash?  Flash had no problems with the trade being posted by one side before the deadline.  I have the PM and time stamp explanation to prove it.  Can you answer that for me, HOSS?  Your contributions to DME and whatever league you mentioned have about as much to do with this situation in FGM as does my hours given to the coaching profession. Just because you do things I don't, that doesn't mean I put any less time into the site and its league.  Look that up, Hoss.  If you are looking for cookies, find your local Girl Scout post.   
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline BHows

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
You choose to bring this to a personal level with the following:
"Wasn't conveniently forgotten, simple mistake, I have him down in my books as a pending re-sign.  Try not to forget how you were let back into the league, on a technicality, Hoss.  Best of luck going forward with a league so near and dear to you, one you've quit already how many times?  You may want to have a few more replacements (perhaps from those yahoo boards you so despise) for season's end...you know, just in case." Hoss is a dead Bonanza character, I really don't appreciate the reference.
FYI- I applied for admittance back into the league when a team was available. Rankosky (the Commish at the time) asked me to take over the Dodgers, I initially refused and, regrettably, later agreed to. Don't believe me, ask him.
This has gone on far too long. Ernie shot this down initially and my only regret is that I didn't send it to "Invalid" at 12:00:01. It was a bullcrap attempt at circumventing the rules. You said yourself that the proposal was made a few days earlier so you had time to get it done.Something you forgot about?...not my problem, rules are rules. Server problems is not an excuse as I had an hour and 45 minute trade discussion with papps that evening from 8:17 until 10:04. Without interruption. Sounds like you need to be pissed at Daniel for not getting back to you, I know how that is.
If you want to stay it's fine with me, but a resignation at the end of the season isn't going to work. We need to find someone, get him up to snuff on the rules and prepared to make intelligent decisions for the future of the Rays. Can't afford to try to squeeze that into a few day once the season is over.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:58:15 PM by BHows »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 09:05:05 PM »
Fair enough, you dont like the Hoss reference, I dont like being accused of attempting nefarious behavior.  I even asked around in chat to see if a single post would suffice, and another long standing member thought it was. Nothing bull crap about it other than your terse handling of it.  I resign effective immediately, let someone else have some fun...
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline BHows

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 10:18:47 PM »
Who was this long standing member?  I was there. I was on from around 6:00 until after midnight. If you recall, I asked you if you were going to resign Adam Jones. Why didn't you ask me?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:36:48 PM by BHows »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 11:27:02 PM »
DW and Sooner both responded to my inquiry in the chat.  If memory serves, you were not (or at least visible in the chat)around when I asked the question.  The fact that DW, as a standing TC member, approved the trade should validate my statements about nobody seeing anything "under the table" going on.  Not to mention the only problem with it a co-commish had was due to a west cosst time stamp, not a failure of execution of protocol.  Feel free to reference the dozens of people who were on that day and the other leagues' handling of the server issue for a template of how both "stringent rules" and "human touch" can blend seamlessly. 

As for Adam Jones, if you recall, I answered in the chat room that evening that I was under the impression that I had already extended him.  That recollection should put to bed your earlier assertation that I had "conveniently" left him off my re-sign list. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline BHows

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 11:38:44 PM »
DW and Sooner both responded to my inquiry in the chat.  If memory serves, you were not (or at least visible in the chat)around when I asked the question.  The fact that DW, as a standing TC member, approved the trade should validate my statements about nobody seeing anything "under the table" going on.  Not to mention the only problem with it a co-commish had was due to a west cosst time stamp, not a failure of execution of protocol.  Feel free to reference the dozens of people who were on that day and the other leagues' handling of the server issue for a template of how both "stringent rules" and "human touch" can blend seamlessly. 

As for Adam Jones, if you recall, I answered in the chat room that evening that I was under the impression that I had already extended him.  That recollection should put to bed your earlier assertation that I had "conveniently" left him off my re-sign list.
The only question I have is how can the server be down yet you were able to communicate thru chat? And sorry, I was sitting right here from 6:30 or so until shortly after midnight. I can send you transcripts of conversation I had with papps. It was trade deadline, I was paying attention.
Flash's objection did include the fact that Daniel didn't have time to respond:
"I realize your situation is very unique, but unfortunately your post is after the Trade Deadline--which means it is not a valid transaction.  The MLB trade deadline is 4:00 pm ET--we extend FGM's until 11:59 pm ET because at midnight it becomes August 1st and we all turn into pumpkins.  Your post is time stamped at 12:58 am ET.

I hope you understand why Toronto cannot be given a chance to respond."
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline Brent

• Legend
    • :NO:
    • :LouisianaState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 11:50:43 PM »
Every other league on this site that had a 31 Jul trade deadline git a 1 day extension because of the server issue.  I don't know why this league should be different since it is obviously causing an issue that is leading to one of the more active and legit GMs in this league being almost forced out.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SEA: 2023 Field of Dreams - League Champion
:NOP: 2022-23 Buckets of Dimes - Eastern Conference Champion
:NO: 2021-2022 NFL Live -  30-4 (4-2) 2X NFC Runner-up/1X NFC South Champs
:NO: 2018-2020 NFL Countdown - 37-11 (3-2) 1X NFC Runner Up/2X NFC South Champs
8 ProFSL Hosted League Championships 2010-2019
Proud Member of the Who Dat Nation!

Offline BHows

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 12:06:12 AM »
If anyone is forcing him out it's himself. Server was down for roughly one hour. I really don't care what every other league do, I'm not bending the rules for one forgetful GM. He's admitted that this proposal was forgotten for a "few days" and that he communicated with other GM's on Chat during the so called outage. I had absolutely no problem carrying on a 1:45 conversation on PM from 8:17 thru 10:02 concerning possible trades.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • BayAreaBallers: jwalkerjr88 is right
    May 17, 2024, 02:25:49 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: on that u havat trade a bit here and there
    May 17, 2024, 02:25:57 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: although my last draft class and fa class kinda lead me to a run so it can happen
    May 17, 2024, 02:27:21 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, it does help to have a big draft class and available cap.
    May 17, 2024, 02:36:56 PM
  • Brent: I'm contemplating doing a complete tear down in NFL Live and rebuild.  Honestly, I probably should have postered for it to be this season.  I still might, but I would legit need to go into the draft with 3-4 top 10 picks/+ many others.
    May 17, 2024, 02:38:21 PM
  • Brent: postured
    May 17, 2024, 02:38:35 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Yea nailing drafts and some key FAs helps too. But if you remember BAB you traded alvin kamara for the rams 1-7 draft picks. So the extra picks helped you nail the 2023 draft the way you did
    May 17, 2024, 03:13:02 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Its the combination of all three that is required is what im saying
    May 17, 2024, 03:13:31 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: And brent a tear down with you assets would look interesting. Personally i just think you need break one big asset down into 3 good ones and move carr and go from there. But you have an A1 nfl mind so im sure you will nail whatever it is you decide
    May 17, 2024, 03:14:39 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: *your
    May 17, 2024, 03:14:50 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: very good pt yes i did gain lot of capital which propelled me to make more moves from that trade
    May 17, 2024, 03:34:25 PM
  • Brent: Thank you.  Yes, I agree.  I do need to break one asset down to 3.  I did that with JJ, went from S tier to 2 A tiers.  Now I need to potentially go from an A tier to 3 Bs or something like that.  I've had some inquiries on Carr, but nothing worth moving him.
    May 17, 2024, 03:48:17 PM
  • Alpha5: Guarantee I know who he traded Kamara to for 1-7 without even looking
    May 17, 2024, 05:22:42 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: alpha it was a good trade at the time
    May 17, 2024, 05:29:49 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: my team was in the Crapter at that pt
    May 17, 2024, 05:29:58 PM
  • Brent: Who did you draft with the 1st acquired in that trade?
    May 17, 2024, 05:36:34 PM
  • Daddy: Whoever it was, he got six more choices on top of that. The "win win" scenario.
    May 17, 2024, 05:53:04 PM
  • Daddy: At that time i had no RB1. So i traded an entire draft class to get one.
    May 17, 2024, 05:54:10 PM
  • Daddy: SF doubled up his pick haul and went to work, using them in trades & draft return.
    May 17, 2024, 05:54:46 PM
  • Daddy: Then beat me in the NFC Title game.
    May 17, 2024, 05:55:32 PM
  • Daddy: RB is a hard position to nail down. If someone wants to trade me 1-7 for Kamara. Step right up.
    May 17, 2024, 06:02:30 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I gotta see what I did
    May 17, 2024, 06:05:04 PM
  • Daddy: You got better
    May 17, 2024, 06:13:59 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i did so many moves trades and draft that i honestly dunno
    May 17, 2024, 06:18:48 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: This is the way
    May 17, 2024, 06:21:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I could teach how I did what I did
    May 17, 2024, 07:33:36 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around for a few hours today. Wont be around tomorrow until late
    May 17, 2024, 07:37:07 PM
  • TheGOAT: Thank God that there are 3 really good qb options in the draft. Can't imagine a world with Bo Nix as my frachise qb
    May 17, 2024, 08:12:51 PM
  • TheGOAT: Not that hes bad
    May 17, 2024, 08:13:06 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: think rn my qb room is minshew dobbs wentz
    May 17, 2024, 08:22:37 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: We look forward to your return to the playoffs @Thegoat
    May 17, 2024, 08:22:51 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: You and your brother camw in guns blazing a few years back. The NFC is not the gauntlet the AFC is. Once you make the title game, all bets are off
    May 17, 2024, 08:23:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: nfc is still tough
    May 17, 2024, 08:25:23 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i had a tough road
    May 17, 2024, 08:25:37 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: to get to teh ship lot of good teams i knocked out
    May 17, 2024, 08:25:50 PM
  • Brent: Carr is OTB for those who don't want a rookie.
    Yesterday at 08:17:12 AM
  • Daddy: The NHL LIVE sign up sheet in the bullpen has nearly 87,000 views. Which is insane.
    Yesterday at 11:47:58 AM
  • Daddy: Whats more insane is we still have 3 open teams
    Yesterday at 11:48:37 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE [link] start new, start from today, sign up.
    Yesterday at 11:49:27 AM
  • indiansnation: Who is looking to trade in mlb live?
    Yesterday at 04:19:30 PM
  • Braves155: Sup guys. Will be around rest of afternoon
    Yesterday at 05:42:19 PM
  • dbreer23: Cubs in FGM looking to deal as the rebuild begins. See updated trade block. Thanks!
    Yesterday at 08:34:32 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Dan PM
    Yesterday at 09:41:36 PM
  • indiansnation: Bayarea pm
    Yesterday at 11:49:06 PM
  • Daddy: Where did all the traffic go? We topped out at less than 170 Guests today at one time.
    Today at 12:04:15 AM
  • Braves155: Responded Brian
    Today at 12:04:57 AM
  • Daddy: When im talkin chit we get about 900 Guests :rofl:
    Today at 12:07:03 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayarea new pm
    Today at 12:22:37 AM
  • indiansnation: I wasnt on lol @daddy
    Today at 12:23:17 AM
  • Daddy: Well its gon up to 183 & we can all use more Brian in our lives.
    Today at 12:26:24 AM