Author Topic: Off-Season Rule Discussion  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
Off-Season Rule Discussion
« on: June 05, 2016, 08:12:50 PM »
Post anything you wish to discuss here!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Offline Tony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
  • I like hockey Eh!
    • :BUF:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Season Rule Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 04:07:11 PM »
Extending the extension period so we know if our players aren't going to retire, go to the KHL, not get an actual NHL contract etc...
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL:   2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :CHI-NHL:

2013-14  NHL Invitational Stanley Cup Champion :PIT-NHL:

Offline Tony

• Legend
  • I like hockey Eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 04:17:28 PM »
- Having 2 or more goalies from same team only counting as 1 towards goalie cap.
-Extensions after actual nhl fa
-Backyard FA starting September 1
-Less draft picks?
-Buyout deadlines?
-expansion?
- backyard Hall of fame as discussed before.
-GMs take all cap when claiming players off waivers (up or down) players get stuck in the minors during the season because nobody gets called up do to the risk of cap hit if claimed
-Letting all gms have access to minor players on fantrax to make their own moves but with restrictions.
-Maybe inforce harsher penlties for teams sitting players.

Is that enough? Haha

Thoughts?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL:   2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :CHI-NHL:

Offline SlackJack

• Legend
  • Director of Media Relations
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 07:36:36 PM »
Letting all gms have access to minor players on fantrax to make their own moves but with restrictions.

This sounds interesting.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL:  2015-16, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :STL-NHL:

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 12:36:17 PM »
Extending the extension period so we know if our players aren't going to retire, go to the KHL, not get an actual NHL contract etc...
I think the easiest solution to this is the one you suggested is that having extensions begin after free agency. So they would technically follow our Entry Draft.

Thanks for all the suggestions Tony! Others feel free to comment and any we have strong interest in continuing I will separate into their own threads!
- Having 2 or more goalies from same team only counting as 1 towards goalie cap.
This is interesting but it all depends on what goalies you have. If you were favo and having both Detroit's goalies you were happy because at times you didn't know who the starter was. If you have the Rangers goalies, well Rannta was just a saving grace for the days Lundqvist wasn't playing. I think this adds too much value to this situation to add personally. I personally don't want to see this.

-Extensions after actual nhl fa
See above.

-Backyard FA starting September 1
This coincides with the above.

-Less draft picks?
Sorry just not a fan.

-Buyout deadlines?
Is this in regards to clearing space at the end of the year?

-expansion?
Yes. We currently have 16 of our 18 GMs having been here for over a year with the only 2 not at 1 year as trusted GMs in cho and Leatherhelmets. Do we want to talk expansion this year? Or next year? Either way it would be best to decide this year.

- backyard Hall of fame as discussed before.
I'm sure I just posted this somewhere!

-GMs take all cap when claiming players off waivers (up or down) players get stuck in the minors during the season because nobody gets called up do to the risk of cap hit if claimed
Maybe 50% is too much. I don't think it is fair if you make the "mistake" of sending down a player you want on your team. Maybe 75% claiming and 25% original? I original developed the rule using this page:
http://www.litterboxcats.com/2013/10/7/4792782/nhl-waiver-waivers-cba-florida-panthers

-Letting all gms have access to minor players on fantrax to make their own moves but with restrictions.
Any ideas to how this would work, since we have 2 sets of mnors (signed and unsigned). Obviously any unsigned minors couldn't be on the roster without being first signed. How would caps (major and minor) be managed?

Yes. This could be something developed further. We will would need to deem what exactly is considered sitting a player or what is a mistake?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
Here is what I previously stated about expansion.

Just throwing this out there! I know at least 4-6 highly capable GMs that could and should be in the league and also have interest in the league. Our ownership is also fairly stable and I don't see many stops opening up unless there is unforeseen circumstances. Although this would be very tough on rosters and I would have to look into how the NHL does theirs as we know for a fact, Minny and Nashville were horrible for many years and their expansion picks were more rather to fill a team than compete.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NHL_Expansion_Draft

My thoughts on specifics would be:
2-4 expansion teams, 2 would be best due to division structure and less strain on rosters. 4 would be good because of competition and max that Fantrax will allow for free (I think)Two teams to be added if expansion were to happen.
Your allowed to protect 16 roster players - 2 goalies max. Don't have to. Each team is allowed to protect a max of either one goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards. You can protect less if you wish. No team can lose more than 1 goalie via expansion.
10 minor league keepers, and full keepers of 2015 draftees
Expansion draft of 14 rounds of available players any not picked would return to their original teams or back to free agency (minors included)
Expansion team takes on compete contract of selected player from an existing team or compete real life contact if a free agent (with max on years as initial rosters were constructed). 
Expansion teams receive the first picks in the 2016 draft based on finish. Expansion teams enter into a randomizer for draft postion from 1-12 (ahead of 2016 playoff teams). I would need to determine exact percentages for each draft position. Example 10% for 1st, 8% for second and so on.

This could be seen as cap dump, opportunity to get rid of injury prone or old players as not all that bad but I want others thoughts.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Offline SlackJack

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 04:56:09 PM »
Buyout deadlines?
Is this in regards to clearing space at the end of the year?

I'd say yes, and yes.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL:  2015-16, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :STL-NHL:

Offline SlackJack

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 05:00:42 PM »
Yes. This could be something developed further. We will would need to deem what exactly is considered sitting a player or what is a mistake?

I'd say that if we're going to try and curb tanking then we should just remove the incentive to tank altogether. In other words, change the way that draft picks are ranked.

On the flip-side, I'd rather have a GM that actively tries to improve his team by tanking than one that isn't active at all.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tony

• Legend
  • I like hockey Eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 07:00:12 PM »
I'd say that if we're going to try and curb tanking then we should just remove the incentive to tank altogether. In other words, change the way that draft picks are ranked.

On the flip-side, I'd rather have a GM that actively tries to improve his team by tanking than one that isn't active at all.
maybe we could give all non playoff teams the same odds of picking first. Could also draw for 2nd to 10th.  So the last place team could end up picking 10th. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tony

• Legend
  • I like hockey Eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 07:02:07 PM »
Here is what I previously stated about expansion.

Just throwing this out there! I know at least 4-6 highly capable GMs that could and should be in the league and also have interest in the league. Our ownership is also fairly stable and I don't see many stops opening up unless there is unforeseen circumstances. Although this would be very tough on rosters and I would have to look into how the NHL does theirs as we know for a fact, Minny and Nashville were horrible for many years and their expansion picks were more rather to fill a team than compete.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NHL_Expansion_Draft

My thoughts on specifics would be:
2-4 expansion teams, 2 would be best due to division structure and less strain on rosters. 4 would be good because of competition and max that Fantrax will allow for free (I think)Two teams to be added if expansion were to happen.
Your allowed to protect 16 roster players - 2 goalies max. Don't have to. Each team is allowed to protect a max of either one goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards. You can protect less if you wish. No team can lose more than 1 goalie via expansion.
10 minor league keepers, and full keepers of 2015 draftees
Expansion draft of 14 rounds of available players any not picked would return to their original teams or back to free agency (minors included)
Expansion team takes on compete contract of selected player from an existing team or compete real life contact if a free agent (with max on years as initial rosters were constructed). 
Expansion teams receive the first picks in the 2016 draft based on finish. Expansion teams enter into a randomizer for draft postion from 1-12 (ahead of 2016 playoff teams). I would need to determine exact percentages for each draft position. Example 10% for 1st, 8% for second and so on.

This could be seen as cap dump, opportunity to get rid of injury prone or old players as not all that bad but I want others thoughts.
i think GMs should get a least a years notice before doing expansion. Imo.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Connor McDavid deserves a haul. If Edmonton is moving him. Philly is armed to the teeth.
    Today at 01:42:13 PM
  • Daddy: Edmonton would also be armed to the teeth. Our draft is just a few days after the real one. We aint got time to ho hum. Its bout to be go time.
    Today at 01:44:09 PM
  • Daddy: You interested in The Flyers draft picks. I need names. I need pms. By 6/2 my picks will belong to some very fortunate franchise.
    Today at 01:47:39 PM
  • Daddy: Some of you guys have known me for fourteen years or more. I am a very reliable source for draft picks no matter the sport.
    Today at 01:55:39 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: what exactly are u looking for
    Today at 01:59:10 PM
  • Daddy: Depends on the team. Each one has something different. G, C, D, Crap we need wingers, i prefer guys that play both LW/RW. Im looking to improve. Thats always what im looking for. But to do so in a way that my partner also improves.
    Today at 02:02:32 PM
  • Daddy: You can build a dominant team without dominating every trade or even any trade. Doesn't matter what you give up if you get what you see as a key piece.
    Today at 02:03:49 PM
  • Daddy: Edmonton and LA are the leaders for my picks. LA unfortunately has no GM and by the time one sacs up im going to probably have dealt.
    Today at 02:05:53 PM
  • Daddy: You know we speak like this is boxing. Like there is a physical contest and you here me joking about foots etc. but we including myself are couch jockeys.
    Today at 02:08:39 PM
  • Daddy: Smack talk comes with sports. Ask about Kobe. Ask about Jordan. Ask about most of the greats. We are boxing gents. Mental boxing. From our phones and computers.
    Today at 02:09:52 PM
  • Daddy: I dont mean to bruise anyone's vagina. I cant help myself. Im a habitual vagina bruiser. Sincerely.
    Today at 02:11:08 PM
  • OUDAN: Imagine lying to all of us like that lollll\
    Today at 03:48:54 PM
  • Daddy: Up yours Danno :rofl:
    Today at 04:16:28 PM
  • OUDAN: Hahaha
    Today at 04:22:07 PM
  • Daddy: Takes a certain kind of guy to even do dynasty and unfortunately many of them are.. umm "sensitive" is a good word. I am a lot of personality, but im very good at what i do. I might suck at everything else but in dynasty fantasy i am ELITE.
    Today at 04:29:57 PM
  • Daddy: As both an owner & moderator. It im ok letting you know about it.
    Today at 04:30:41 PM
  • Daddy: Its ok to be diverse. Dont chat
    Today at 04:31:36 PM
  • Daddy: Close the chat and just run your team.
    Today at 04:31:59 PM
  • Daddy: In dynasty fantasy i have the Mamba mentality and there are others like me.
    Today at 04:33:49 PM
  • Daddy: You own a baseball team for ten years and get mad you have to throw 35 innings pitched. In a week. Of baseball. Da fuq? No. Get out. Dont want you.
    Today at 04:36:25 PM
  • Daddy: Fuq u been doing? Try art or some Crap. Take up painting. Ten years you cant field a starting rotation? Da fuq is you illiterate?
    Today at 04:38:27 PM
  • Daddy: PLAYSTATION/XBOX = EA Sports (its in the game! :) )
    Today at 04:40:06 PM
  • Daddy: The rest of you join my big mouth ass and lets play ball.
    Today at 04:41:03 PM
  • Daddy: Hockey fan much [link] NHL LIVE is fantasy hockey on illegal substances. Just like NFL/MLB LIVE it offers a unique perspective on "modern day" fantasy sport experience.
    Today at 05:27:47 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE owners here are your spreadsheets [link] you can see your Franchises, your availability cap, your RFAs, all of it. Make your plans. Talk yo talk. Be ready.
    Today at 05:50:15 PM
  • STLBlues91: I will be around the rest of the night. I will finish correcting 5 spreadsheets and then they all should match. I am officially on summer vacation
    Today at 06:35:36 PM
  • Daddy: Shot out to YURmom. The first female of LIVE as its only female LIVE GM. Thats a keeper @Mt_Crushmore! :toast:
    Today at 09:23:01 PM
  • Daddy: #Chicks dig da dynasty
    Today at 09:24:43 PM
  • Daddy: Shot out to all actively bidding in the Nico Hoerner sweepstakes! [link] MLB LIVE never sleeps.
    Today at 09:29:27 PM
  • Daddy: Shot out to @jmntl82 [link] congratulations on your first of many LIVE trades.
    Today at 09:31:14 PM
  • Daddy: Well damn.. congratulations on your second trade in the last fifteen minutes. :rofl: Bartender i will have what he's having.
    Today at 09:37:13 PM
  • IndianaBuc: I’ll have a double.
    Today at 09:38:53 PM
  • jmntl82: Stay tuned, we're building something over here in Detroit
    Today at 09:43:10 PM
  • Brent: PM sent Detroit
    Today at 09:51:02 PM
  • Rhino7: Bartender pour me another :toast:
    Today at 09:56:30 PM
  • Daddy: We are building something. In every sport. Non stop. Its what we do.
    Today at 10:11:31 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Yup, sometimes people dont see the vision. Sometimes the vision Fricks up. You dont know till the chips are cashed in
    Today at 10:12:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I once traded a full draft class 1-7, an additional 1st, 3 offensive flyer players for what player you might ask?
    Today at 10:13:27 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: WR Jalen Reagor lmaaooo  :rofl:
    Today at 10:14:04 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: And won my first chip that same season. Reagor starting in the flex scoring 9 points
    Today at 10:14:39 PM
  • jmntl82: How did the other team finish?
    Today at 10:16:01 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: It was dallas. I think he missed the playoffs that year. Then used the draft picks on the 2021 class. Every pick was the 32nd pick (dont remembee what the other 1st became)
    Today at 10:18:22 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Idk if anyone remembers the 2021 class but it was weak on offense outside or the top 10-15. I dont regret the deal just learned and move on. As long as you have assets, you can mold your build how you want. Picks are usually the most valuable asset because most gms want in on a draft.
    Today at 10:19:34 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: The results of that draft class is here [link]
    Today at 10:20:27 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Every 32 overall pick dallas makes in each round came from that trade
    Today at 10:20:54 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: The 2024 and 2025 classes look much more promising than that one lol
    Today at 10:22:06 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: 2021 draft class was my worst class as a NFL Live gm. my 2022 and 2023 were better
    Today at 10:32:52 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I think it was the worst for most of us. It was a bad class overall. The top was amazing tho
    Today at 10:42:05 PM
  • jimw: Etienne is amazing. He was near the top of that draft lol
    Today at 11:18:42 PM
  • Brent: I got Nico Collins at 26.
    Today at 11:20:10 PM