Author Topic: Trade Committee  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
Trade Committee
« on: October 19, 2009, 05:31:49 PM »
Should we establish a trade committee?  We haven't had one as of yet and all trades have been fair at time of dealing.  However, it may be worthwhile to have a 3-person TC of the most active people just to make sure there is no collusion.  Now, I, myself, do this, so if the RC is content with the way things are then they will stay that way.  I just through it was worthwhile to bring it up.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

lp815

Re: Trade Committee
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 05:34:44 PM »
I'll agree to this.  All trades have been extremely fair so far, but we must do everything we can to avoid any collusion or uneven advantages.  One trade is all it takes for some members to cause an uproar.  I'll also agree that a three member committee is sufficient, although we should also include 2 substitute members, should TC members wish to trade with themselves.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 05:43:12 PM »
I'll agree to this.  All trades have been extremely fair so far, but we must do everything we can to avoid any collusion or uneven advantages.  One trade is all it takes for some members to cause an uproar.  I'll also agree that a three member committee is sufficient, although we should also include 2 substitute members, should TC members wish to trade with themselves.

I like that... let 2 of 3 qualifying members on the TC approve a trade before the commissioner signs off on it.  Should I be on the TC or not?  Who would want to be on the TC?

Based on activity, I would nominate Jake (LAA), Chad (CLE), Ben (MIL), and two of the newer GMs such as Jon (ATL) and Dan (CIN).
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lp815

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »
Since you will be overviewing trades, as well as TC votes, you really do have the final say, Colby.  I would like to have you as the TC's failsafe.  It's a pretty big power to have, but you are not one to abuse such a power.  My request would like to have 5 members on TC, 3 of which are designated official with 2 substitutes, with Colby as commissioned overseer of TC, with the power to override TC approvals or denials based on his final judgment.  This will prevent any collusion between TC members, should there ever be a case of "you do this trade, then we can do this."
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 06:00:54 PM »
Since you will be overviewing trades, as well as TC votes, you really do have the final say, Colby.  I would like to have you as the TC's failsafe.  It's a pretty big power to have, but you are not one to abuse such a power.  My request would like to have 5 members on TC, 3 of which are designated official with 2 substitutes, with Colby as commissioned overseer of TC, with the power to override TC approvals or denials based on his final judgment.  This will prevent any collusion between TC members, should there ever be a case of "you do this trade, then we can do this."

Sounds like a plan... who wants in?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lp815

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 07:01:48 PM »
As a side note, we should definitely explain this in our league rules to the very best of our ability.  The jist of it:

A trade between two teams is submitted to the Trade Committee, consisting of three respected members.  If one party of the trade is a member of the TC, he will be substituted with a designated replacement.  If both parties of a trade are members of the TC, they will be substituted with designated replacements.

The trade will either be approved (minimum 2 votes needed) and sent to the Commissioner (Colby, Pirates GM) for final review, or will be denied.  Any TC member who votes "deny" must provide a legitimate reason for the denial, no questions asked.

The Commissioner will review the trade and it's approval by the TC, and either push it through as approved, or will declare it denied.  The Commissioner must provide a legitimate reason for a denial, no questions asked.

REVISION: Should the TC approve a trade, but the Commissioner deny it, the trade will be passed to the remaining 27 (or 26, if all three TC members voted) for a democratic vote.  If the final vote reaches a 2/3 majority (Eighteen votes if 27 members involved, seventeen if 26 members involved), the trade will be subjected to the majority vote.

This will ensure that the TC and Commissioner have failsafes.  Granted, this will rarely, if ever happen.  But this will ensure that the league is at it's fairest, and that all trades are thoroughly analyzed.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

clidwin

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 07:05:34 PM »
that is the way to go.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jongaskins

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 07:30:38 PM »
I would not mind helping out at all. However; I think most of you know how many dynasty leagues I'm in and I've seen every kind of trade committee you could imagine. I propose this. On a simple player A for player B trade there should not need to be a committe to say yea or nay. If it's one that seems off kilter in any kind of way then Colby would select three (active) random GM's to vote on the trade. The random GM's are NEVER to be released and will only be known by themselves and Colby. Then if a trade is shot down the two trading GM's have no one to "point the finger" at per se. Thoughts???
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Canada8999

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »
I agree that this is a good idea... If our TC consists of trusted members, I think only 1 deny vote should be sufficient to raise a red-flag.  I'm ok with the proposed rule, but to offer up a slightly different option:

I agree with the proposals for a 3 member committee with 2 alternates for when a TC member is involved in the trade.

1. If all 3 votes are approve, the trade goes to the Commish for final approval.
  a) if Commish approves, trade is processed
  b) if Commish rejects, trade is canceled

2. If any votes are deny
  a) TC must provide detailed justification as to why the trade constitutes collusion***
  b) Owners involved are required to justify their motives behind the trade
  c) Commish reviews the responses and decides if the trade should be approved or denied

in the rare case of 1. b) or 2. c), where the TC does not accept the Commissioner's decision by a 2/3 TC vote, a league-wide vote is enacted, also requiring 2/3 vote for the Commissioner's decision to be overturned.  At this point, the league-wide vote is final.  However, such a situation would be a clear exhibition of a lack of continuity and leadership among the rule-setting members of the league and should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

Like I said, just another spin on what we could implement.

*** To be overturned, the trade must appear to be collusion; a single bad trade between teams is not necessarily collusion and should be considered for approval.  With 30 managers, opinions on players and strategy may vary widely and this should not be discouraged.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Canada8999

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »
I would not mind helping out at all. However; I think most of you know how many dynasty leagues I'm in and I've seen every kind of trade committee you could imagine. I propose this. On a simple player A for player B trade there should not need to be a committe to say yea or nay. If it's one that seems off kilter in any kind of way then Colby would select three (active) random GM's to vote on the trade. The random GM's are NEVER to be released and will only be known by themselves and Colby. Then if a trade is shot down the two trading GM's have no one to "point the finger" at per se. Thoughts???

Interesting approach...

Personally, I would prefer any veto's be transparent - if the TC members are not okay with owners possibly taking offense to a vetoed trade they should not be a member of the TC.  Remember that in the case of a trade actually being vetoed, the trading partners will have displayed clear signs of collusion and should probably be considered for dismissal from the league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • BayAreaBallers: Hard pass
    Yesterday at 05:38:14 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: That price alone makes it easier to let him walk
    Yesterday at 05:38:35 PM
  • OUDAN: lol
    Yesterday at 05:38:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I dunno what you were trying to do by telling me his performance
    Yesterday at 05:40:18 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: But I'm gonna save my cap by letting him walk
    Yesterday at 05:40:39 PM
  • OUDAN: Was just looking over rosters for trades and saw that
    Yesterday at 05:40:40 PM
  • OUDAN: Definetely not trying to trade for him lol
    Yesterday at 05:40:54 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yeah he was paid Abt 25 last yr
    Yesterday at 05:41:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And I was waiting for him to come of books
    Yesterday at 05:41:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: He's not worth 27
    Yesterday at 05:41:36 PM
  • OUDAN: Agreed
    Yesterday at 05:44:05 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I also let one more walk
    Yesterday at 05:45:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I have not signed 2 players
    Yesterday at 05:45:54 PM
  • OUDAN: I se that
    Yesterday at 05:50:55 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: yepp
    Yesterday at 06:01:41 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: both on purpose
    Yesterday at 06:01:49 PM
  • Brent: I can afford Mobley.  I'll send a 2024 1st for him.
    Yesterday at 07:17:03 PM
  • TheGOAT: Would the NBA Live Draft be based on the actual NBA draft for the first year?
    Yesterday at 07:48:03 PM
  • OUDAN: Already traded him Brent
    Yesterday at 08:02:00 PM
  • Daddy: @TheGoat yes. As addressed yesterday the exception is the expansion Franchises are guaranteed #1 & #2 overall.
    Yesterday at 08:26:42 PM
  • Daddy: Updated NBA LIVE Pre-Reserve sign up sheet [link]
    Yesterday at 08:27:10 PM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    Yesterday at 08:47:28 PM
  • Braves155: I love the challenge of rebuilding Franchises. Nice having 3 1sts and loads of cap in NFL LIVE to help
    Yesterday at 09:07:56 PM
  • Daddy: You need it. We make it easier than anyone to rebuild, compete, and contend. Ask BAB. You can go from zero to hero pretty quick.
    Yesterday at 09:10:53 PM
  • Daddy: @Braves youve signed up for the total LIVE experience. 4 sports 6 leagues... Let me know publicly if any experience is better than LIVE in any sport
    Yesterday at 09:12:09 PM
  • Daddy: Please... And thank you. The goal is to constantly improve.
    Yesterday at 09:13:13 PM
  • Daddy: 4 Sports 6 Leagues you will see it all.
    Yesterday at 09:14:13 PM
  • Braves155: Never say die. Never quit
    Yesterday at 09:14:23 PM
  • Braves155: Legends rise
    Yesterday at 09:14:50 PM
  • Daddy: Never be satisfied
    Yesterday at 09:15:06 PM
  • Daddy: You tell em @Braves!
    Yesterday at 09:15:45 PM
  • Daddy: NBA LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:19:41 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:20:13 PM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:20:44 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:21:14 PM
  • Daddy: 128 NCAA teams [link] football & basketball.
    Yesterday at 09:24:01 PM
  • Daddy: We could do Midget Wrestling LIVE if we wanted too. Better than the WWE. Ask somebody or even better ..Find out for yourself.
    Yesterday at 09:27:53 PM
  • Braves155: UFC, Top Rank Boxing, let's go!
    Yesterday at 09:34:32 PM
  • DaveW: Premier League LIVE please
    Yesterday at 10:46:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: YNWA
    Yesterday at 10:50:18 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i would be down for that
    Yesterday at 10:50:28 PM
  • Daddy: Honestly, i do like soccer. Its very underrated.
    Yesterday at 10:51:50 PM
  • Daddy: Maybe 2026? We are a bit busy at the moment. :)
    Yesterday at 10:52:56 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: this sunday is gonna be the end of an era
    Yesterday at 10:53:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: for me as a Liverpool fan
    Yesterday at 10:53:47 PM
  • Daddy: I dig the idea Premier League LIVE (insert Eye emoji)
    Yesterday at 10:53:52 PM
  • Daddy: Public thanks to the Moderators & Moderators in training that make the LIVE experience possible. All of you are the best at what you do. Thanks!
    Yesterday at 11:06:06 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night to talk any deals or dm me thoughts on Vegas names for NBA live. Have a list going
    Yesterday at 11:09:02 PM
  • Daddy: That Vegas name is significant. The NBA will move there eventually but we are the first ones ever to name a Franchise. We will always have that distinction.
    Yesterday at 11:12:25 PM
  • Daddy: Updated NBA LIVE sign up sheet [link] Its coming
    Today at 03:32:13 AM