Author Topic: Arizona gets another GM  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
Arizona gets another GM
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:26:10 PM »
Anthony Ramirez has recently resigned citing the expansion of MLFB as his reason.  He has the D'Backs over at DME and has started a new league, so he felt someone else on the growing waiting list deserved a shot.

The first to answer, and the most qualified and capable, was Lucas Lima (Lucas Lima #52).  I have approved him taking over the GM duties for Arizona.  Jake will update Fantrax and the Official Roster when all of the necessary information is taken.

Lucas, you may post your depth chart, trade block, and start discussing deals if you wish.  Please read up on the rules and post all questions you have here on the board.  You are taking over a team that is sound financially and has a solid core albeit Haren and Upton are gone.  You have the bid-matching rights to Brandon Webb and Chad Qualls come free agency.  Anthony was a solid GM who made smart deals for the long run, sold high, and bought low.  His two month tenure brought a face-lift to a franchise that had dust on it from the first four months of Franchise GM.  I wish good luck to Lucas and his plans to make Arizona a champion again!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Lucas Lima #52

Re: Arizona gets another GM
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 05:09:36 PM »
Anthony Ramirez has recently resigned citing the expansion of MLFB as his reason.  He has the D'Backs over at DME and has started a new league, so he felt someone else on the growing waiting list deserved a shot.

The first to answer, and the most qualified and capable, was Lucas Lima (Lucas Lima #52).  I have approved him taking over the GM duties for Arizona.  Jake will update Fantrax and the Official Roster when all of the necessary information is taken.

Lucas, you may post your depth chart, trade block, and start discussing deals if you wish.  Please read up on the rules and post all questions you have here on the board.  You are taking over a team that is sound financially and has a solid core albeit Haren and Upton are gone.  You have the bid-matching rights to Brandon Webb and Chad Qualls come free agency.  Anthony was a solid GM who made smart deals for the long run, sold high, and bought low.  His two month tenure brought a face-lift to a franchise that had dust on it from the first four months of Franchise GM.  I wish good luck to Lucas and his plans to make Arizona a champion again!

Thanks Colby...

This is the first league I wanted to join when I arrived here.... By one day I couldn't get one GM job at the begining of the month... However, now I'm here with the D'Backs :)

I've already read the rules when I first wanted to join here... I'll surely read them again carefully, and if I get some doubts I'll post it ;)

I believe right after Christmas I'll become more active here (and at Dynasty MLB Elite also), as I hope to finish the Farm Fresh rules by then so I can use more time to look up for prospects and deals ;D

By the standings this looks to be a good team, even though some good D'Backs players are missing (Haren, Young, Montero...)... But let's see what free agency and others deals can make of this team 8)

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Cutter

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
It's good to see my D'Backs in good hands. :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lucas Lima #52

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 07:18:02 AM »
It's good to see my D'Backs in good hands. :thumbsup:

Thanks ;D

But by the way, I have a doubt here... About the EDR...

I read that players that the D'Backs drafted and are at the D'Backs minors, without playing one MLB game, are available for me to put on EDR, right? And then, if I decide to remove the guy from the EDR, will he become a free agent or will he comeback to "my minors"?

Also... If a guy on the D'Backs minors gets one MLB game, and he is not on my EDR or roster... Is he automaticaly a Free Agent?

Just that for now ;) I saw that I earned a lot of draft picks, so I'm thinking what to do with prospects and thoses picks.. So I need to make sure I understand everything about EDR and rookies here hehe
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lucas Lima #52

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:24:55 AM »
Another doubt... If a player contracts ends, can I re-sign him to a extension?

Per exemple... Matsui contract ends after the 2010 season... After the season ends, could I offer him an extension? Or I would need to offer the extension before the season ending?

Thats it.. Thanks
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 11:31:56 AM »
I'll answer your questions Lucas...

1) If you call up a guy from EDR then he is not released.  If your 40-man roster was at 40 players then you would have to release someone.  If a player on the EDR accrues major league playing time then it is up to you to tell the staff that this player's status changed. Franchise GM staff will check the EDRs on a quarterly or semi-annual basis to ensure everyone complies.  There are no rules set in terms of when teams don't keep up with their EDR.

2)  You may re-sign players after their contract expired during the off-season.  For example, teams may currently do this until 1/10/2010 when unsigned players become free agents.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Lucas Lima #52

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 12:00:32 PM »
I'll answer your questions Lucas...

1) If you call up a guy from EDR then he is not released.  If your 40-man roster was at 40 players then you would have to release someone.  If a player on the EDR accrues major league playing time then it is up to you to tell the staff that this player's status changed. Franchise GM staff will check the EDRs on a quarterly or semi-annual basis to ensure everyone complies.  There are no rules set in terms of when teams don't keep up with their EDR.
Hum, ok... But per example... I saw that the limit is for 10 players on EDR... Let's say I have 10, but then I change my mind and decide to put another guy on EDR and 'remove' one of the 10... This guy removed, will he be a free agent? Or will he still be under my control? Like, could a latter on put him on EDR again or not?

This question is because I have a lot of picks.. So, if I put a lot of guys now on the EDR, latter on I would need to remove then if I wish to use my draft picks... So I want to know what would happen to those players still on EDR, if I removed then...

2)  You may re-sign players after their contract expired during the off-season.  For example, teams may currently do this until 1/10/2010 when unsigned players become free agents.
Ok, perfect... So, can I re-sign Webb? I won't do it, 18mi for him would be even too much, but there are other players that I might want (not sure, I just looked Webb numbers, but if the price is right...)...
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • OUDAN: Yeah thats brutal I didnt wanna pay Mobley that lol
    Yesterday at 05:37:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Hard pass
    Yesterday at 05:38:14 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: That price alone makes it easier to let him walk
    Yesterday at 05:38:35 PM
  • OUDAN: lol
    Yesterday at 05:38:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I dunno what you were trying to do by telling me his performance
    Yesterday at 05:40:18 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: But I'm gonna save my cap by letting him walk
    Yesterday at 05:40:39 PM
  • OUDAN: Was just looking over rosters for trades and saw that
    Yesterday at 05:40:40 PM
  • OUDAN: Definetely not trying to trade for him lol
    Yesterday at 05:40:54 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yeah he was paid Abt 25 last yr
    Yesterday at 05:41:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And I was waiting for him to come of books
    Yesterday at 05:41:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: He's not worth 27
    Yesterday at 05:41:36 PM
  • OUDAN: Agreed
    Yesterday at 05:44:05 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I also let one more walk
    Yesterday at 05:45:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I have not signed 2 players
    Yesterday at 05:45:54 PM
  • OUDAN: I se that
    Yesterday at 05:50:55 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: yepp
    Yesterday at 06:01:41 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: both on purpose
    Yesterday at 06:01:49 PM
  • Brent: I can afford Mobley.  I'll send a 2024 1st for him.
    Yesterday at 07:17:03 PM
  • TheGOAT: Would the NBA Live Draft be based on the actual NBA draft for the first year?
    Yesterday at 07:48:03 PM
  • OUDAN: Already traded him Brent
    Yesterday at 08:02:00 PM
  • Daddy: @TheGoat yes. As addressed yesterday the exception is the expansion Franchises are guaranteed #1 & #2 overall.
    Yesterday at 08:26:42 PM
  • Daddy: Updated NBA LIVE Pre-Reserve sign up sheet [link]
    Yesterday at 08:27:10 PM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    Yesterday at 08:47:28 PM
  • Braves155: I love the challenge of rebuilding Franchises. Nice having 3 1sts and loads of cap in NFL LIVE to help
    Yesterday at 09:07:56 PM
  • Daddy: You need it. We make it easier than anyone to rebuild, compete, and contend. Ask BAB. You can go from zero to hero pretty quick.
    Yesterday at 09:10:53 PM
  • Daddy: @Braves youve signed up for the total LIVE experience. 4 sports 6 leagues... Let me know publicly if any experience is better than LIVE in any sport
    Yesterday at 09:12:09 PM
  • Daddy: Please... And thank you. The goal is to constantly improve.
    Yesterday at 09:13:13 PM
  • Daddy: 4 Sports 6 Leagues you will see it all.
    Yesterday at 09:14:13 PM
  • Braves155: Never say die. Never quit
    Yesterday at 09:14:23 PM
  • Braves155: Legends rise
    Yesterday at 09:14:50 PM
  • Daddy: Never be satisfied
    Yesterday at 09:15:06 PM
  • Daddy: You tell em @Braves!
    Yesterday at 09:15:45 PM
  • Daddy: NBA LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:19:41 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:20:13 PM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:20:44 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:21:14 PM
  • Daddy: 128 NCAA teams [link] football & basketball.
    Yesterday at 09:24:01 PM
  • Daddy: We could do Midget Wrestling LIVE if we wanted too. Better than the WWE. Ask somebody or even better ..Find out for yourself.
    Yesterday at 09:27:53 PM
  • Braves155: UFC, Top Rank Boxing, let's go!
    Yesterday at 09:34:32 PM
  • DaveW: Premier League LIVE please
    Yesterday at 10:46:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: YNWA
    Yesterday at 10:50:18 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i would be down for that
    Yesterday at 10:50:28 PM
  • Daddy: Honestly, i do like soccer. Its very underrated.
    Yesterday at 10:51:50 PM
  • Daddy: Maybe 2026? We are a bit busy at the moment. :)
    Yesterday at 10:52:56 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: this sunday is gonna be the end of an era
    Yesterday at 10:53:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: for me as a Liverpool fan
    Yesterday at 10:53:47 PM
  • Daddy: I dig the idea Premier League LIVE (insert Eye emoji)
    Yesterday at 10:53:52 PM
  • Daddy: Public thanks to the Moderators & Moderators in training that make the LIVE experience possible. All of you are the best at what you do. Thanks!
    Yesterday at 11:06:06 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night to talk any deals or dm me thoughts on Vegas names for NBA live. Have a list going
    Yesterday at 11:09:02 PM
  • Daddy: That Vegas name is significant. The NBA will move there eventually but we are the first ones ever to name a Franchise. We will always have that distinction.
    Yesterday at 11:12:25 PM