Author Topic: BiG TRADE Boston/Florida (Hanley)  (Read 1316 times)

clidwin

Re: BiG TRADE Boston/Florida (Hanley)
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 04:53:44 PM »
I've really only got only question regarding this trade- IS IT EVEN LEGAL? I know the rules are very unspecific in this regard, but as far as I can tell, any trade that has been made where cash has changed hands from one team to another, it went along with a player in order to offset a portion or all of a players salary. Forget the cap ramifications- This is a straight up purchase of a player. Are we going to allow this to become an acceptable means of obtaining players? I think it sets a very dangerous precedent to allow players to be traded straight up for cash and a few middle of the road prospects. The higher tier teams already have a huge advantage in making trades, signing free agents and giving big bonuses to prospects... now they're flat out allowed to purchase a player? I don't agree with this and I really think this needs to be looked at... but maybe that's just me.

I hate to stick my nose in this but I think what he is saying is TRUE. No team can just throw money at a team just to trade a player.

ALSO: throw this thread into the INVALID section. THANKS
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lucas Lima #52

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »
I think money should only be used to pay a player sallary... So it would be "attached" to the player...

In the case of picks, you could limit it to the signing bonus attached to that draft position or 0.5mil in the case of a pick without bonus...
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Canada8999

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 05:24:11 PM »
I've opened a new thread in the RC section to discuss limits on trading cash, so please continue that conversation there. 

I'm no longer on the TC (although I think our current TC may be understaffed with 2 members supposedly MIA), but I'll second Colby's proposal to send this trade back to BOS/FLA to put together another version (although we still haven't hear from FLA...)
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 05:53:32 PM »
I am not on TC, but I would let this trade go:
- Hanley is a bargain at 11.5M per year, but he becomes less of bargain at 14.7M (if we take into account the 16M sent to FLA)
-For a small market team, is it really smart to have so much $ tied to one player?
-The prospects are pretty second rated, but Anderson a year ago was a top prospect, there is still time to bounce back there. Bowden on the other hand can still be a solid #3.

I also don't have anything against rich teams essential buying players. There is a point in which it's advantageous for small teams to "sell" players to the richer team. By simply saying that it's unfair for rich teams to buy players would just block anther avenue for small market/medium markets to compete. If someone is willing to send me $ annually, I'd think about giving up Wieters or Upton.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:57:36 PM by h4cheng »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline hank

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 10:31:57 PM »
Sorry guys, I was busy yesterday.
I accept this trade for an obvious reason - I want to be more active.
I can't do anything without money, so I decided to give up Hanley after serious consideration. If a small market team can not accept money from a trade, it will be extremely difficult to improve.
If there is no financial problem for Boston, I hope this deal be approved. Thanks!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There are lies, there are outrageous lies, and there are statistics.
                                                                                --- Mark Twain

Dan Wood

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 10:51:51 PM »
Hank,

Being active aside - you still have 6.5 million to spend, plus a bunch of guys under prospect contracts that you can drop without taking a salary hit and adding to that 6.5 mil - Colby, Ben, myself, the TC, and RC will not allow this deal to go through as is. You are not receiving an adequate return for what is the second best player in baseball. You want to clear some salary that is fine. If you and Boston want to get back together and come up with a package that includes a better package, then that is fine, I encourage teams to trade. But what is currently on the table is not going to be accepted by me, the RC, or the TC. I hope we can all sort this out. As it stands now, this trade is invalid.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

daddypadre

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 09:13:45 PM »
woah...im emptying out my prospects, no matter how good you think they are, for hanley...

Florida needs money, and the way their team can become bigger valued IS taking in more money and paying out more salary. Is that not what the tiers are there for?

I can see your point you guys, this is debateable, I am ok either way.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

daddypadre

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 11:13:30 AM »
I am looking into ways to make this trade work, so im just bumping it up there.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Dont you just love it. When a deal comes together with another competitor. That exchanging of assets. Its how civilization was created.
    May 11, 2024, 10:12:48 PM
  • Daddy: Deal. (Nothing like it)
    May 11, 2024, 10:13:20 PM
  • Braves155: Anymore deals to be had in NFL LIVE? Looking for picks/young players
    May 11, 2024, 10:30:35 PM
  • indiansnation: If anybody looking to trade im up for it
    Yesterday at 12:33:55 PM
  • indiansnation: Cubs and guardians make trade in mlb live
    Yesterday at 01:41:33 PM
  • Braves155: I'm also looking to deal
    Yesterday at 02:22:11 PM
  • Daddy: Tomorrow the NBA LIVE "Pre-Reserve" sign up sheet will be posted at 8PM EST. More league details to follow.
    Yesterday at 02:30:02 PM
  • Daddy: Start up virgin franchises and an even playing field from the start. As with all LIVE leagues, no advantages, no disadvantages, only pure competition. The truest proving ground.
    Yesterday at 02:31:26 PM
  • Daddy: Dynasty Basketball will never be the same. Its already changing.
    Yesterday at 02:33:05 PM
  • Braves155: Meanwhile in NFL LIVE...eagerly awaiting start of the NFL LIVE Draft
    Yesterday at 02:34:36 PM
  • Daddy: 8/1/24 8PM EST NFL LIVE Draft. The ultimate LIVE Draft!
    Yesterday at 02:36:28 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE Owners, here is your draft preview [link]
    Yesterday at 02:38:00 PM
  • Braves155: Would be interesting to see some Mock NFL LIVE Drafts, especially after the first 10 or so picks
    Yesterday at 03:39:54 PM
  • Daddy: We only do one and we only do the first round. It isnt released until July.
    Yesterday at 03:54:55 PM
  • TheGOAT: pm STLBlues
    Yesterday at 04:51:27 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: RyanJames5   pm sent.
    Yesterday at 06:22:37 PM
  • TheGOAT: Back again STL
    Yesterday at 06:49:37 PM
  • TheGOAT: Back again STLBlues
    Yesterday at 06:52:56 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE Entry Draft 7/6/24 8PM
    Yesterday at 10:32:18 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 11:23:15 PM
  • indiansnation: Shout out to yankees and rockies nice job in mlb live u guys took me out
    Yesterday at 11:23:59 PM
  • Daddy: Everyone gunning for the top teams each week and upsets happen in LIVE.
    Today at 12:01:05 AM
  • Daddy: More gratifying beating good teams. Nothing like an underdog.
    Today at 12:36:14 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Steelers/Chargers trade is in.
    Today at 10:52:31 AM
  • Daddy: You must be excited. Texting me n chit. A trade isnt a trade until it is confirmed.
    Today at 11:34:40 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Just calling the attention. Maybe a little excited.. Working the board.
    Today at 11:37:35 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: im really happy w how my MLB LIVE team did
    Today at 11:42:40 AM
  • Daddy: You know the secret sauce. You look championship caliber already. Second sport.
    Today at 11:45:05 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: guess my trades are slowly paying off
    Today at 12:04:14 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: and my fa adds
    Today at 12:04:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: yeah thx Daddy. im slowly turning it around
    Today at 12:06:30 PM
  • Daddy: Thats called activity and it breeds success sooner than later.
    Today at 12:13:44 PM
  • Daddy: Daily fantasy is for the idiot that doesn't know what to do with they're time and money.
    Today at 12:15:18 PM
  • Daddy: You gonna wager on how someone performs per game????  Youre an idiot. Yeah you will win some but the house isnt built to lose.
    Today at 12:16:06 PM
  • Daddy: Betting on outcomes of games i can understand. Betting on yourself i can also understand. Dynasty Fantasy isnt that daily crap.
    Today at 12:17:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: im gonna be honest haha i do daily fantasy on DK at times
    Today at 12:18:11 PM
  • Daddy: My how they flock to daily fantasy. They just cant help but bet and the govt finally getting it piece.
    Today at 12:18:18 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: but i tend to do smaller entry amts
    Today at 12:18:41 PM
  • Daddy: Not everyone that does daily is a moron. Just bout 90%
    Today at 12:19:04 PM
  • Daddy: Quickest way to lose money
    Today at 12:19:21 PM
  • Daddy: If you gonna bet. Then BET. Drop a G on a team to win. Or a horse. Or Ukraine. Or something.
    Today at 12:20:12 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: thats why i only do the 0.25-1 dollar entries
    Today at 12:20:27 PM
  • Daddy: What you wagering your cereal money for?
    Today at 12:20:41 PM
  • Daddy: Just the thrill of the bet i guess
    Today at 12:21:00 PM
  • Daddy: Not me. I work for a living. I want my cereal money. I like Lucky Charms cuz they are magically delicious.
    Today at 12:22:02 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: look i get it you hate dfs i dont do it every day
    Today at 12:23:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: but i only pick games that i feel interested in doing
    Today at 12:23:34 PM
  • Daddy: Im not hating. Aint my money. People have the right to be happy and we dont all like the same things.
    Today at 12:26:57 PM
  • Daddy: DK has more members & business than profsl. I know for a fact we have the better product but its a microwave society and most people dont know sports they just want to believe they do.
    Today at 12:28:13 PM
  • Daddy: Then go back to Facebook & TikTok
    Today at 12:29:05 PM