Author Topic: Mariners receive penalty  (Read 4274 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
Re: Mariners receive penalty
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 01:39:53 PM »
Administratively, handling the shifting of one's position in the draft would be something more to track.  Simply removing picks would be more ideal.  How about we focus on the draft pick window of rounds three through seven?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Brewers GM

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 08:31:16 PM »
Personally I like the idea of starting with a 10th round pick because it has little impact... in most cases infractions will be accidents and lack of internet access.  This way we don't need to make exceptions for the first few times it happens, since the penalty is gradual.

I would vote that after we hit the 5th round picks then we should be reviewing the owner for termination...
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MOLI643

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :SA:
    • :TBL:
    • :OklahomaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 10:02:04 AM »
Rob just brought a good idea in the above post.  I am torn on this.  My main concern is penalizing a "team" when in fact it is the "GM" that should be penalized.  Allow me to explain...Generally speaking, a team in cap trouble has other issues as well.  In a lot of the cases, the "trouble" is the result of negligence.  This negligence in many cases has manifested itself in the form of poor roster maneuvers, missed free agency periods, not protecting guys, ect.  My worry is that we are going to apply a penalty that will further degrade an already deteriorating situation.  I like the ideas of forfeits being applied.  The wins and loses absolutely count in this league in the form of future cap room, ect, but it does not carry with it the perpetuity of lost roster spots or draft picks.  We always have to keep an eye on the next guy so to speak.  In leagues of this scope, one almost has to make decisions based on the "next guy who will be GM of that team."  I hope that makes sense.  Negligent owners get weeded out, either on their own accord or that of the league's majority.  Forfeits most effectively penalize the perpetrator while at the same time, leave the team's assets intact for a new GM.  In my mind, an orphaned team lacking resources is a bigger problem for the league long-term.  The forfeits could also better weed out guys who aren't putting in the due diligence required to be competitive in this league.  This concludes my dissertation lol.

:iatp:

What about if the owner don't comply with the rules in 72 hours last changes or picks will be reverse.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2011, 10:15:10 AM »
Im not sure if this was said or not but they should be top 10 overall protected.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 05:50:05 PM »
We also need to look at this from another perspective.  There are a few GMs that are taking advantage of the lag between updates, even though it is down to a week.  These GMs have rostered 41 - 45 players at a time and then make adjustments when they are asked to.  I am not a fan of "Catch Me if you Can" or "Ask for Forgiveness Later" mantality.   

I would like the league to look at GMs that have multiple instances of this, even if they fix it within the 24 hours period.  Let's say 3 or 4 in a season, would constitute a similar penalty.  This would only apply if a GM has an illegal roster 3 or 4 times throughout the year and we keep track on the spreadsheet. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »
We also need to look at this from another perspective.  There are a few GMs that are taking advantage of the lag between updates, even though it is down to a week.  These GMs have rostered 41 - 45 players at a time and then make adjustments when they are asked to.  I am not a fan of "Catch Me if you Can" or "Ask for Forgiveness Later" mantality.   

I would like the league to look at GMs that have multiple instances of this, even if they fix it within the 24 hours period.  Let's say 3 or 4 in a season, would constitute a similar penalty.  This would only apply if a GM has an illegal roster 3 or 4 times throughout the year and we keep track on the spreadsheet.
One possible solution would be that when making a bid, the GM must also include a player to be dropped (if the move would put him over the roster limit).
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline rcankosy

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 06:12:07 PM »
One possible solution would be that when making a bid, the GM must also include a player to be dropped (if the move would put him over the roster limit).

I would NOT be in favor of that.  I would prefer Rob's suggestion.  I don't think it's fair to ask GMs to commit to dropping a specific player when there is no guarantee of getting the player you're bidding on.  Bids can sometimes last for over a week, and a player's value can change over that time.  Imo, we don't need new rules, but much like gun laws we need to enforce the laws that we already have on the books.  Sorry to get all political on you guys, but it's the first thing that popped in my head.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:21:30 PM by rcankosy »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Paul S.

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 06:29:51 PM »
The penalty should be assessed after one warning each season.  The rule that moves must be made within 24 hours of the winning bid just need to be enforced.  Everyone should be aware of how many roster spots and how much salary cap space they have. 

I am not in favor of naming a player to be waived at the time a bid is placed.  Injuries or other situations can occur within the 72 hours needed to win a bid. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 07:20:23 PM by Paul S. »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Orange Country

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 1281
    • :TEN:
    • :MEM:
    • :NAS:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 06:59:33 PM »
I know I am not on the rules committee and I am still the 2nd newest member in FGM, but I'd like to throw my 2 cents into the equation here. Multiple transactions are made here every couple of days usually which likely will bring teams over the cap/roster limits. Instead of imposing penalties that Miller, Howe, and/or Colb has to keep track of, what I do in my league is not allow any team to go over either of these ever period. If a trade, FA signing, w/e it may be puts you over, then the transaction is nullified. I do agree with Miller that teams should be weary of their financials and inventory. I signed up for too many leagues lol so I sometimes forget where I am at sometimes. I'd say perhaps discuss that idea in the off-season if you guys choose to and then it eliminates some debate about how to handle this.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 08:47:05 PM »
fantasyguru is proposing clearing room before you make a move... may be the easiest route.  Trades could be held up and FA bids could be lost.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Nice! Getm FGM
    May 25, 2024, 09:42:14 PM
  • Daddy: THE Grandaddy of them all = FGM
    May 25, 2024, 09:43:08 PM
  • Braves155: Brian traded a Guardians prospect? What is this world coming to?
    May 25, 2024, 09:48:27 PM
  • indiansnation: Ok im looking for a rb,wr and te and im looking to move remaining picks in 2025
    May 25, 2024, 09:54:34 PM
  • indiansnation: I got 1st,2nd,4th and x2 5th rd picks
    May 25, 2024, 09:55:12 PM
  • indiansnation: Looking for starting,te and 1 more wr
    May 25, 2024, 09:56:08 PM
  • indiansnation: Lets get this done
    May 25, 2024, 09:56:21 PM
  • Brent: Still looking?
    May 25, 2024, 11:07:59 PM
  • Brent: Epcot Day
    Yesterday at 11:01:26 AM
  • Rhino7: Have fun, the Guardians of the Galaxy ride is awesome
    Yesterday at 11:12:42 AM
  • Daddy: Wow, Epcot is awesome!
    Yesterday at 01:01:03 PM
  • Daddy: Live yo life
    Yesterday at 01:01:43 PM
  • IndianaBuc: Oh how I love a rainstorm right before the race!!!
    Yesterday at 01:43:17 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, I rode it last time.  I got innthe queue this morning and got a 230pm time.
    Yesterday at 01:52:38 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: any golf fans in here the news on Grayson Murray is devastating and saddened to hear the cause of his sudden death
    Yesterday at 02:14:33 PM
  • Daddy: Sad news. Remember that there are lots of Grayson Murray's around the world daily that cant hit a golf ball.
    Yesterday at 03:01:47 PM
  • Daddy: Not to diminish his memory but i hope it draws more attention to those like him that happen to not be professional athletes.
    Yesterday at 03:02:28 PM
  • Daddy: I feel most for his parents. Ive lost a child at an adult age. Its terrible. To out live your child is terrible.
    Yesterday at 03:04:07 PM
  • Braves155: My heart goes out to any of those in here struggling.
    Yesterday at 03:10:53 PM
  • Braves155: I've battled alcoholism, addiction & self-harm issues in the past. Still a daily struggle but I try to keep my head up
    Yesterday at 03:12:03 PM
  • Daddy: You keep fighting Braves. You bring great joy to my life almost on the daily. Never give up.
    Yesterday at 03:15:54 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the day for any trade talks
    Yesterday at 03:45:33 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Same
    Yesterday at 03:50:50 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yes daddy well said mental health should be talked about more
    Yesterday at 04:18:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: It really puts things into perspective
    Yesterday at 04:19:39 PM
  • Psychpop: @STLBlues91.  Who are you thinking of moving in a trade?
    Yesterday at 05:13:46 PM
  • Braves155: Looking to deal in any sport
    Yesterday at 05:18:11 PM
  • Braves155: PM Jwalker
    Yesterday at 05:19:33 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Back braves
    Yesterday at 05:24:45 PM
  • Braves155: Replied
    Yesterday at 05:29:09 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: jwalker pm
    Yesterday at 06:02:59 PM
  • Daddy: What two LIVE GMs will make the next deal? One thing i know for sure, the wait wont be long.
    Yesterday at 06:04:01 PM
  • Braves155: They like to come in bunches!
    Yesterday at 06:05:09 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: you might get one shortly if things progress
    Yesterday at 06:06:09 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: jwalker replied
    Yesterday at 06:19:35 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Back BAB
    Yesterday at 06:33:24 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: back at ya jwalker
    Yesterday at 06:34:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy your wwait wont me much longer
    Yesterday at 07:39:35 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: deal abt to be posted here soon
    Yesterday at 07:39:43 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: there u have it teh 2 superbowl teams have made a deal
    Yesterday at 07:48:33 PM
  • Rhino7: :toast:
    Yesterday at 07:50:49 PM
  • dbreer23: Acuna to miss the rest of 2024 - torn ACL in left knee (last time was his right knee0
    Yesterday at 11:41:43 PM
  • jimw: Wow, he had said he thought it wasn't that serious.  I hope he can overcome these knee injuries
    Today at 12:41:59 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Jimw pm sent
    Today at 01:17:16 AM
  • STLBlues91: im around the rest of the day
    Today at 03:08:45 PM
  • Daddy: Acuna fantasy owners world round didn't want to hear that. Not sure who has him in LIVE but its universally devastating news for Acuna fans.
    Today at 03:30:59 PM
  • Daddy: Anyone feeling down, can perk up because the Philadelphia Phillies are good at baseball.
    Today at 03:32:54 PM
  • Daddy: I feel better already.
    Today at 03:33:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Good afternoon all
    Today at 04:00:17 PM
  • indiansnation: It is 3:20pm and the phillies still suck.
    Today at 04:17:18 PM