Author Topic: News Flash: 2020 FYPD News & Notes  (Read 202 times)

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
News Flash: 2020 FYPD News & Notes
« on: October 15, 2020, 08:58:43 PM »
GMs,

Just a few things regarding our FYPD.

1: The 12 hour clock will be utilized for Round 1 only and will officially begin on November 1 @ 9:00 am ET.  The Draft Room is currently open and available.

2: An 8 hour clock will begin with Round 2 selections and will continue through subsequent Rounds.

3: At the moment, some teams do not have open roster spots for new draftees.  The pandemic has impacted the development of our MiLB players, and it’s a bit problematic to try and decide if they have progressed enough to keep another season.  But, with the upcoming draft, all of us have to make those decisions.  So now would be a good time to go through our prospects and decide if they are worthy of a roster spot.

4:  In 2020, the MLB streamlined the process and cutback to a 5 Round draft.  Our league has traditionally held a 10 Round draft, but that seems impractical given our present-day realities.  Most of the teams in FGM have MiLB rosters that are full, or have only a few open spots, so I am skeptical that any GM will utilize all of their draft picks.

5:  For everyone’s best interest, all 1st Round picks will be rostered, in an available open roster spot (MiLB or MLB).  However, beginning with the 2nd Round, a team must have an open MiLB roster spot to draft a player, unless the drafting GM declares that the player should be placed on their MLB roster.  As such, if there is no available roster space on your team, your turn will be skipped, and unfortunately, will be lost since there are no make-up picks.  Open roster spots must be made available before you make additional picks.

6:  You can always send me a list of players you would like drafted.  List would be confidential, since I am the Draft Monitor, and would be the only one to see the lists.

7:  Given the fact that PMs are not delivered to our email boxes, I will be issuing courtesy emails alerting you who is On the Clock, On Deck, and who is In the Hole.  Please understand, e-mails are sent as a courtesy, but you do not have to wait for its arrival if it’s your turn to pick. The “On the Clock” time listed is based on the time the previous pick was made, not when the courtesy e-mail is sent.

8:  You are not required to utilize all your draft picks and can opt out of the draft at any time.

9:  The Draft Room can be accessed by clicking on the “Draft Room” link at the top of any FGM Board page.

10:  As in the past, I have posted Baseball America’s Top 500.  However, many were not drafted and therefore did not sign a MLB contract.  All of the 160 players who were drafted have signed an MLB contract, and therefore are eligible to be drafted.  I went through the list and crossed out the players who did not sign.  If you want to draft a player that was not drafted by an MLB team, cross-check their status with Fantrax, because Fantrax will indicate which team they signed with.  If you draft someone who is not eligible, that pick will be lost and cannot be replaced.

Auto-pick dilemma:

1:  Autopicks are necessary to keep the draft moving.  It’s always nice to have active participants, but sometimes it is not logistically possible, so if you want, you can always choose to have your team be on Autopick.

2: If you time out, your team is placed on auto-pick.  Please let us know if you want to be removed from the auto-pick list so you can make your own selections.

3: If you request to be removed from the auto-pick list and time out a 2nd time, you will automatically be placed on auto-pick for the duration of the draft.

As always, if you have a question, please send me a PM or an e-mail. 

Ernie - Flash
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 09:03:31 PM by Flash »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: I am the biggest nerd when it comes to milb prospects their is like another 100 prospects in mlb i could add right know in heartbeat. My luttle time im off from work I spend hours looking at specs.
    Yesterday at 12:23:33 AM
  • indiansnation: If u look at everybody in mlb live prospect wise is killing it in minors. Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live and then start working on nfl live and and nhl live.
    Yesterday at 12:25:51 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: niners could still be interested in adding players. believ i have  abt 4 picks in 2025 that i can maybe use in trade depending on deal
    Yesterday at 12:30:57 AM
  • dbreer23: "Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live" - I'll believe that when...well, never!
    Yesterday at 01:02:58 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: lmaoo way to contradict brian
    Yesterday at 01:10:09 AM
  • Daddy: Agreed
    Yesterday at 01:10:16 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i had room in my farm so i figured i fill it some
    Yesterday at 01:10:20 AM
  • Daddy: I dont mind activity. Especially with purpose. Brian needs hockey to start.
    Yesterday at 01:11:26 AM
  • Daddy: Its been so long since ive done a hockey league and ive fallen behind a bit in the sport because of that. This year hockey is back in my life for good.
    Yesterday at 01:12:42 AM
  • Daddy: @Brian we have a 60 player minor league limit. All of our guys on each team should be killing it in the minors. Sign guys you believe in. Then let them develop.
    Yesterday at 01:21:47 AM
  • Daddy: Everytime a guy is hitting .400 at Corpus Christi that doesn't make him Ted Williams.
    Yesterday at 01:26:13 AM
  • Daddy: None of these dudes are gonna help you avoid datazzwhupin im putting on you this week. Reap the whirlwind Brian. Reap it.
    Yesterday at 01:29:07 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: is this reference to guys i added?
    Yesterday at 01:29:55 AM
  • Daddy: You sir... No. Football is our battle ground. Im talking about Mr. 189 minor league nerd that TEXTED me he was gon whoop me this week.
    Yesterday at 01:34:21 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: hahahah ok
    Yesterday at 01:35:38 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy is going down by guardians in mlb live.
    Yesterday at 01:40:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey colts in nfl live looking to move qb russel Wilson looking for draft picks in return.
    Yesterday at 01:43:08 PM
  • Daddy: That is a great trade in MLB. Most trades are great but few are star worthy. Congratulations to both GMs!
    Yesterday at 04:19:40 PM
  • Daddy: Isaac Coffey will be a FA again in 72 hours.
    Yesterday at 04:21:55 PM
  • OUDAN: CCD guys lets deal!!!!
    Yesterday at 04:44:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: prolly will be yes daddy
    Yesterday at 04:55:56 PM
  • Daddy: As long as both owners are happy @BAB and they both seem very happy.
    Yesterday at 05:41:23 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: yeah i hear ya
    Yesterday at 06:02:44 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: has CCD been active
    Yesterday at 06:07:28 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: havent really checked that one much
    Yesterday at 06:07:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: been focused on LIVE
    Yesterday at 06:07:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night for trade talks in any league
    Yesterday at 07:19:35 PM
  • Brent: CCD is very active on the Discord Channel.
    Yesterday at 07:55:50 PM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    Yesterday at 07:57:35 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: evening
    Yesterday at 08:03:53 PM
  • Braves155: Will be on for a portion of the evening
    Yesterday at 08:10:39 PM
  • Braves155: Been starting to get into these older games that originally ran off DOSBOX for those who know what I'm talking about. The idea is you build your team with a salary of XXX and then every 2-3 seasons you have decisions to make. Field a 26 man roster, control your own pitching rotation, pen, lineup & bench like the true MLB. Draft every season where there's a lot of turnover. Interesting for sure.
    Yesterday at 08:15:28 PM
  • Braves155: PM Jwalk (Jets)
    Yesterday at 08:30:58 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: idsjayhawk replied
    Yesterday at 08:34:31 PM
  • Braves155: PM Professor Dan
    Yesterday at 09:19:27 PM
  • Daddy: Let that Man go on vacation. :rofl:
    Yesterday at 09:27:13 PM
  • Daddy: He had earned this getaway. His computer has earned it.
    Yesterday at 09:28:07 PM
  • Braves155: NEVER!!
    Yesterday at 09:28:29 PM
  • Braves155: You mean 'getaway' from 100 prospect posts/week from our Brian?
    Yesterday at 09:29:17 PM
  • Braves155: Any LIVE deal talks? Hmu
    Yesterday at 09:38:00 PM
  • Daddy: He ain't the only one brotha :)
    Yesterday at 09:40:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: dbreer deserves at least a hanfulof beers and margs
    Yesterday at 09:45:42 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: we put him through the ringer w the activity
    Yesterday at 09:45:54 PM
  • Rhino7: CCD has had a lot of trades lately
    Yesterday at 09:54:49 PM
  • Daddy: That's awesome!
    Yesterday at 10:06:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I've returned to fgm
    Today at 01:44:16 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Took over the team available
    Today at 01:44:26 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations @BAB. FGM is well managed.
    Today at 02:28:01 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yes I'm aware I had too much going on when I left after 2022 season. I'm back now for my second stint
    Today at 02:50:11 AM
  • ldsjayhawk: Excited to have you
    Today at 01:00:06 PM