Author Topic: A Look at Franchise GM  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
A Look at Franchise GM
« on: July 12, 2017, 06:30:48 PM »
It's always fun to step back at look at how things are going in our league.  Here we are at the All-Star break, six scoring periods away from the playoffs, and there are some interesting things in the works.

Pleasant Surprises

In the American League, the Orioles are running away with the #1 Seed as the leader of the AL West with a record of 99-15.  The Orioles have assembled a team with a balanced attack of productive hitters and a strong group of SPs. 

While the Orioles  have been doing their thing, the Pleasant Surprises come from the AL Central leader Tigers and AL West leader Mariners. Both of them lead them have identical records of 83-31. At the moment, both of them enjoy three game leads over White Sox and A's.

In the NL Central, the Cardinals have built a seven game lead over the FGM defending champions Cubs

Old Reliables

In the National League, we have some Old Reliables leading the way.  The battle for the #1 Seed features some familiar souls in Phillies (91-23) and Dodgers (90-24).  Both are dominating their division with double digit leads.

Wild Card Races

In the American League, the Wild Card leaders are White Sox and A's with identical records of 80-34.  The Angels are breathing down their necks at 79-35 and, after several seasons of rebuilding, the Angels could be seen as the biggest surprise of the season.

In the National League, the Wild Card race is just as competitive.  The Giants (74-40) and the Cubs (73-41) are separated by a single game, but there are several teams still in the hunt: the Marlins (68-46) and the Brewers (67-47) -- with the Reds (60-54) and Padres (59-55) within shouting distance.

The Stretch Run

With the Trade Deadline only 19 days away, I would expect there to be some definite Buyers and Sellers.  A few moves could help solidify some lineups and could also help some teams build for the future. 

As always, injuries and slumps will play a significant role in how things turn out.  We all know the frustrations that stem from a key player suffering an injury or falling into a performance slump. 

As we wind down the regular season, may the Fantasy Gods look upon your team with favorable eyes.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline jpmanchester

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :LAL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Blank:
    • :LAG:
    • View Profile
Re: A Look at FGM at the All-Star Break
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 03:15:05 AM »
Cardinals and Cubs are building a pretty competitive rivalry the last couple years!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
A Look at Franchise GM
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 08:06:07 PM »
For some reason I can't seem to post on any of the FGM Boards, so I've asked Flash to post this for me:

Seems like yesterday this season began but we are currently in the final week of our regular season. All in all I'd say it has been a pretty good year.

We have a few surprise team still in contention. The Angels and Detroit come to mind. They finished 44.5 and 53 games back, respectively last year and both are still in the hunt.

On another front I think activity has been satisfactory. From a Commish's point of view you can never have enough activity but we've done OK. I'm a little disappointed at the amount of last minute trades at the deadline but I think we've somewhat made that up in August trades.

Speaking of activity- I feel like I need to apologize for not being as visible as I'd like to be this season. I've been around on a daily basis but my current work schedule has prohibited me from being as active as I'd prefer. That's one advantage I have- a Co-Commish named Flash. Huge props to him; he's kept this league running this season.

With all that said here is the playoff season as it currently stands:
NATIONAL LEAGUE

All divisions have been clinched- St. Louis, Philly and the Dodgers
The Wild Card race is down to the Giants (102-52), Cubs (101-53), and Brewers (99-55)

AMERICAN LEAGUE
Baltimore has clinched the East as has Seattle in the West but that's where it gets interesting:

Detroit and the ChiSox are separated by 5 games in a battle for the Central. The Wild Card teams are too confusing to figure out but the Angels, A's, and the 2nd place Central team are in contention for Wild Card berths. Boston has not been mathematically eliminated. Good luck to the remaining contending teams!

Thanks,
Rick
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • BayAreaBallers: *championships
    Today at 01:12:05 AM
  • Daddy: In what sport? I aint creating water polo or luge LIVE
    Today at 01:13:30 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Any
    Today at 01:13:52 AM
  • Daddy: Wont be no pickleball or billiards. All you gonna do is receive foots.
    Today at 01:14:13 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Not any NHL rebuilding. MLB I'm pretty much up there. NFL I can repeat. NBA im ready for it
    Today at 01:14:55 AM
  • Daddy: I got a special boot. For datass this football season.
    Today at 01:14:59 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayareaballers pm
    Today at 01:15:00 AM
  • Daddy: I call it Bruce
    Today at 01:15:15 AM
  • Daddy: Im gonna put Bruce all in datass
    Today at 01:15:29 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: LMAOOO daddy you an I will bicker talk Crap it won't phase me
    Today at 01:16:48 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I will continue to fit
    Today at 01:17:01 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Brian replied
    Today at 01:17:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: *fight
    Today at 01:17:19 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Brian you can post
    Today at 01:17:45 AM
  • Daddy: And whats this Im rebuilding in Hockey crap? Oh noooooo bruh. Im gonna rebuild this foot in that shiney hiney there as well.
    Today at 01:17:46 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Bruh I am tearing my team down for a reason
    Today at 01:18:27 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Trust me I will do work in draft
    Today at 01:18:52 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: And get this team to where I Wanna go in due time
    Today at 01:19:10 AM
  • Daddy: I got my reasons too. Forgive me for what my fantasy teams do.
    Today at 01:19:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: yeah ik u a tough out
    Today at 01:21:52 AM
  • Daddy: Thats why i want it to be a fair fight and the best guys doing it.
    Today at 01:24:09 AM
  • Daddy: If you had the best guys on Earth all take evenly matched teams and took all handcuffs off, who would be left standing?
    Today at 01:25:09 AM
  • Daddy: We eliminate all excuses
    Today at 01:25:21 AM
  • Daddy: SS no excuse, fantrax no excuse, non active gms no excuse, i gets rid of dead weight. Fukm
    Today at 01:26:05 AM
  • Daddy: Dont have money no excuse, dont have time no excuse, the league sux..... Nope. They dont. No excuse.
    Today at 01:27:11 AM
  • Daddy: Nobody holding you back
    Today at 01:27:31 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayareaballers trade posted in NHL live
    Today at 01:27:33 AM
  • Daddy: But you
    Today at 01:27:45 AM
  • indiansnation: Hey when will NBA live be up and running daddy
    Today at 01:28:20 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: im replying to it thx Brian
    Today at 01:28:52 AM
  • Daddy: Its a lot of work Brian but there is soooo mich excitement for it im trying to get started to be done by the upcoming season.
    Today at 01:29:39 AM
  • Daddy: I believe we will be ready by September/October
    Today at 01:30:14 AM
  • Daddy: We usually exceed my expectations
    Today at 01:30:32 AM
  • indiansnation: Just asking once its done u won't know what to do after all the live leagues our done
    Today at 01:32:59 AM
  • Daddy: Run my team. Just like you.
    Today at 01:44:21 AM
  • Daddy: Corey had the right idea but did it wrong. So much of it was fake. League rules were impeding league success and ability to achieve growth. Even back then things were tooooo sloowwww. I would wait a week before a FA was added to my team. Two weeks before added to my SS.
    Today at 01:46:52 AM
  • Daddy: You know how many fuqn moves i make in 2 weeks? Its my fault im busy somehow? Thats a bad thing?
    Today at 01:47:41 AM
  • Daddy: We gambling, playing for money, im waiting two weeks for a SS update? Daduq!!!?!!
    Today at 01:48:45 AM
  • Daddy: Fuq!!!
    Today at 01:48:58 AM
  • Daddy: You fuqn kidding me? Im doing the same Crap on another site. Playing for money
    Today at 01:49:33 AM
  • Daddy: Got no clue how much cap i really got. He got guys on my SS been gone a month. Thats the product? AND IM PAYING A FEE FOR THAT??? DA FUQ!?!?!
    Today at 01:50:32 AM
  • Daddy: And the scoring is corny on top of it
    Today at 01:51:13 AM
  • Daddy: League got ten great teams twenty Crapty ones
    Today at 01:51:36 AM
  • Daddy: FUQ THAT PRODUCT
    Today at 01:51:57 AM
  • Daddy: I tried saying, they asked me if i ever ran a league before (like they all do) so, i stfu and laced up Bruce.
    Today at 01:53:48 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE has been open for one day... Weve got 103 "archived" posts. Meaning fully processed SS & Fantrax.
    Today at 02:30:59 AM
  • Daddy: A dozen trades have been made, Connor McDavid found a new Country to play for.
    Today at 02:32:28 AM
  • Daddy: Let me ask you... What has any other hockey league done in the last 24 hours?
    Today at 02:33:00 AM
  • Daddy: Including the NHL
    Today at 02:33:40 AM
  • Daddy: This LIVE Crap is next level. See for yourself.
    Today at 02:34:21 AM