Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 6438 times)

Fourfingerwoo

Blue Jays new owner
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 11:38:18 PM »
I am married with three children a daughter 17 years old, one daughter 12 years old and a son that me and my wife adopted 2 and a half years ago he is three now. I am a project superintendent for a commercial construction company that constructs roads,bridges and runways. My wife is a stay at home mother that has done a wonderful job at building a home. My oldest daughter is about to graduate high school and pursue a medical career.My youngest daughter is very gifted athlete that competes in both travel softball as a leadoff center fielder. My son was born into a bad situation as a crack baby, the son of my wife's niece. She approached me when the boy was 5 weeks old on taking custody of him, we did and never looked back. Thankfully he suffers no ill effects from the girls drug use at this point although when we got him he was a very sickly child. With plenty of work by my wife today he is quite the advanced child. He is a mixed boy, but that does not effect how much we love him.
   I am a work-a-holic with all of my time away from work devoted to my family besides the one exception fantasy baseball.Last year because of the demands of my new job I had to find replacement owners for my 2 teams in leagues that I was involved in for years it broke my heart. Now situated at work I once again have the time available to dedicate to my first love, baseball. And I feel I made a great choice in the league I joined. As you will see I am a very devoted owner and will take the needed time to make the Detroit Tigers a strong contributor to Dynasty MLB Elite. All of my fantasy experience is in a dynasty and I will apply that to my Tigers, taking the long draw out process in building this team to reflect the type of team I would manage if I was a real life MLB GM. I will give you my honest assessment of the Detroit Tigers in their present form.They have a solid core of young pitchers and some interesting prospects but beyond that the offense in it's present form has no chance of getting me into the post season in 2012. That being said I would like to take this opportunity to let everyone know that I am willing to trade off some of my MLB talent in an attempt to sell some of my now talent to mortgage the future. I plan on constructing the Tigers from the ground up starting with my farm system.
    One last note about myself I am an Orioles fan, I was molded into an Orioles and baseball statistics fan by a grandmother who lives and dies by the Birds. I used to spend everyone of my summers as a kid visiting my grandparents attending minor league ball games in Florida and tracking the Orioles box scores every mourning in the Orlando Sentinel with my grandmother. I was also in Orlando every spring break of my childhood for Orioles spring training collecting great memories and over 700 personally acquired Oriole autographs including over 3 dozen Cal Ripken John Hanncocks. While learning the game of baseball from my grandmother that is such a committed fan that her and my grandfather have never missed a season home opening series, including this year where at the ripe age of 91 made the trek from Orland to Baltimore for this years home opener.
  Well I guess I've rambled on enough. I look forward to competing against you guys while at the same time trading in a mutually beneficial manner over the next couple of decades.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lindner

Re: Let me introduce myself (Blue Jays introduction)
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 01:05:57 AM »
Not sure why this comment got moved into this thread. :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:53:44 AM by Lindner »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kenny

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 1
    • :Blank:
    • :Columbia:
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »
Bump! Lots of new people around. Let's hear from you guys!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

seattlejd09

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 02:47:52 PM »
I know I'm a bit late to the show and most people won't care nor read this but I'm going to do this anyway. I'm Josh I think I'm the 2nd youngest at 21. I was born in Seattle but moved to Arlington, TX years ago. For those who don't know Arlington is where the Rangers play. I live 6 miles from the Ballpark. I played FFB in 09' and 10' but forgot to sign up in 11' and this is my second dynasty I've ever played in. When it comes to baseball I love my M's but go for anyone but the Yankees. Speaking of which I will be managing my M's.  I prefer young players i.e. the Stantons, McCutchins, Hosmers, Ackleys, etc. I'm always willing to deal and trade so send me those offfers anytime and I'll look at them and let you know.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

troy1721

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2012, 02:58:22 PM »
Woah...I may be the youngest of this league at 16. I've been doing dynasties since i was 13. I live in MD, huge Orioles fan and Dallas Cowboys fan. I play baseball...i have aspirations of playing College ball. I plan to Major in Sports Mgt. and or Business Mgt.

- Troy.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kenny

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 07:11:38 AM »
We do tend to attract an older crowd... actually ProFSL as a whole attracts and older crowd. It's usually busiest during the week in the daytime hours, presumably when people are at work and checking in from there. On weekends, activity tends to die down noticeably.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ringb39

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2012, 01:31:29 AM »
Hi,

I'm Brandon, looks like I'm taking over the Rangers.  I've been playing online fantasy baseball in one form or another for about 13 years.  Most of my leagues have been 16-20 team yahoo dynasty/keeper types, but I found a 30 team full minors back in February and fell in love.  I'm glad to be able to find another one.  It should be fun.

As far as sports go, I grew up in the middle of nowhere in Indiana, so beyond the Colts and Hoosiers, I'm a nomad.  I live in Milwaukee, and have attached myself to the Brewers.  I was at the game tonight, sorry if I'm not coherent.  After several beers I tend to think I'm much better at nearly everything than I really am, lol. 

Other particulars:  I just hit 35, I've got one daughter, 3 more on the way sometime this offseason.  You read that right.  I tend to be extremely active in trades and such, however that's usually because I'm trying to put together someone else's mess.  I also tend to be sarcastic and have a dry sense of humor.  If I type something in chat and you're debating whether or not to be offended, don't be.  I'm not serious.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

axman15

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »
Hey everyone, my name is Alex. I love baseball, and I love playing fantasy baseball. I am currently in 4 fantasy baseball leagues, but this is my own 30 teamer.

I live in Toronto, so naturally my favourite baseball team is the Blue Jays. My favourite hockey team is the Leafs, and my favourite football team is the Patriots. I dont really follow basketball.

I look forward to competing in this league with all of you, too bad I joined after the trade dedline, but as soon as the offseason starts, get ready for me to fill up your inboxes with trade offers.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kenny

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
Brandon, I'm not sure if I should say congratulations or sorry about your upcoming triplets!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ringb39

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »
I go back and forth myself.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: That long fuqn name? It would rap around they jerseys like a hula hoop.
    Yesterday at 10:52:48 PM
  • Daddy: Who you play for dawg?
    Yesterday at 10:54:07 PM
  • Daddy: "Uh.... We the imgddyojgsspersonators"
    Yesterday at 10:54:26 PM
  • Alpha5: Lolol
    Yesterday at 11:47:00 PM
  • Rhino7: Las Vegas Sin
    Today at 12:27:33 AM
  • STLBlues91: Im around for the next few hours to talk any deals
    Today at 01:53:58 AM
  • Alpha5: Las Vegas Slot Machines
    Today at 07:42:02 AM
  • Alpha5: Las Vegas Dealers
    Today at 07:42:18 AM
  • Alpha5: Las Vegas Indians
    Today at 07:45:15 AM
  • Alpha5: Las Vegas Killer Clowns From Outer Space
    Today at 07:50:15 AM
  • Alpha5: The Las Vegas Members
    Today at 08:39:19 AM
  • Alpha5: Get it?
    Today at 08:39:29 AM
  • Braves155: Will be around today for any deal talks
    Today at 09:19:44 AM
  • Braves155: PM Jschwab
    Today at 11:44:42 AM
  • Braves155: PM Speedster
    Today at 11:49:23 AM
  • indiansnation: Pm speedster
    Today at 12:14:00 PM
  • Speedster18431: Guys I'm looking for top prospects and picks
    Today at 12:22:02 PM
  • Speedster18431: In MLB Live
    Today at 12:22:15 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: You took over the rays?
    Today at 12:37:23 PM
  • Speedster18431: Yes
    Today at 12:38:00 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: In that case pm from me speedster
    Today at 12:41:28 PM
  • Braves155: PM BAB
    Today at 12:46:37 PM
  • jmntl82: Pm speedster
    Today at 12:47:01 PM
  • Braves155: NHL LIVE - My squad only made 1 deal thus far. Who wants something?
    Today at 12:52:18 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Speedster mlb live pm..think I can meet your request
    Today at 01:13:28 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: pm braves
    Today at 01:34:56 PM
  • Braves155: Replied
    Today at 01:44:48 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im around the rest of the day for any trade talks
    Today at 01:45:29 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: replied as well
    Today at 01:48:13 PM
  • jmntl82: Speedster pm
    Today at 01:53:24 PM
  • Daddy: #Basketball Mood [link]
    Today at 01:55:56 PM
  • Braves155: Back BAB
    Today at 01:56:10 PM
  • Daddy: They dont want the smoke @Braves.
    Today at 02:00:41 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: bacl braves
    Today at 02:02:03 PM
  • Daddy: They like to come here from Europe with they fancy cash exchanges & trade committees. Pee on a few foreheads and roll out claiming championships. Tell us Steph Curry is a nobody. Then go back to Europe..Well i said enough. USA! USA!
    Today at 02:12:49 PM
  • Daddy: (Im JW & I approve this message)
    Today at 02:13:10 PM
  • Daddy: I was surprised Dallas beat Minnesota. Minnesota looked bad against them.
    Today at 02:21:46 PM
  • Daddy: Boston looks unbeatable
    Today at 02:22:14 PM
  • Daddy: As a 76ers fan this not only makes us angry, we can admit jealousy and pain... Everytime i see Jason Tatum im reminded he should be a 76er.
    Today at 02:23:28 PM
  • Daddy: We instead gave Boston an extra first rd pick to pass on Tatum and select Markelle Fultz.
    Today at 02:24:23 PM
  • Daddy: Immediately after being drafted Fultz forgot how to shoot a free throw. Took a year off for mental health, got traded to Orlando, and i believe he pumped my gas on my way to Disney.
    Today at 02:26:17 PM
  • Daddy: Tatum is. Well he is Jason Tatum. This basketball season im looking to exercise a lot of demons. . NBA LIVE gonna bring that fire. Question is who want da smoke?
    Today at 02:29:04 PM
  • Braves155: I can't wait for the the NBA LIVE season to kickoff. Yes...Trae Young will be available. AKA the Demon of New York.
    Today at 02:33:44 PM
  • Daddy: Markelle Fultz, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiids droopy eye.... Basketball God's i repent!!! Ive built a league in your image.
    Today at 02:36:20 PM
  • Braves155: Ben Simmons...has no FT and no range
    Today at 02:37:15 PM
  • Daddy: You tellm Braves!
    Today at 02:37:46 PM
  • Daddy: @STLBlues91 we need to make the doc public view. The Las Vegas Venom is born [link] (yall aint ready :) )
    Today at 02:54:39 PM
  • Daddy: Took Washington two years to come up with Commanders :rofl:
    Today at 02:55:57 PM
  • STLBlues91: [link] NBA Live .. Just worked on matching actual colors and logos. Still a work in progress
    Today at 03:00:30 PM
  • Daddy: Coming Soon to your fantrax.
    Today at 03:15:26 PM