Dynasty NHL

Home :: Fantrax :: Rules :: Transactions :: History

::
::

Author Topic: Official Q&A Thread  (Read 83824 times)

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
Re: Official Q&A thread
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 04:56:45 PM »
When is the deadline for extensions?  Also when will the draft start?

There's a couple teams who have not joined Fantrax yet that I'm waiting to hear back from.  I want to make sure we have all teams ready to go before we set the draft.  If they don't respond soon we have a couple people on the waiting list to take the teams.  Once everyone's on board I'll set a date for the draft.  I'm hoping to start in the next couple weeks.  I'll give you all 1 weeks notice before the draft starts.  The extension deadline is 1 day before the draft begins. 

:koolaid:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline papps

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 9
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2011, 07:54:44 PM »
Here's the changes I am proposing:

I think these changes give everyone the flexibility they need.  After thinking it over a bit I'm not a fan of giving free drops or yearly reductions.  Some teams are in better shape than others financially, but these are the teams we all picked.  Part of the fun is digging a franchise out of the hole, in some cases.   Making it too cheap to drop contracts will water down the league I think.

I think if it is 2m instead of 1m it would be better.  I agree there aren't many contracts that are under 1m that this would effect.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 - 2021 NFL Live Champion :TB-NFL:
🏆 - 2020 Bush League Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 Franchise GM Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 The League Champion :PIT-NFL:
🏆 - 2016 Moneyball II Champion :BOS:
🏆 - 2010 Agents vs GMs Champion :PHI:

Offline Whomp

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Northwestern:
    • :CHI-MLS:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2011, 08:30:31 AM »
Do I have to have 30 players on my roster?

Can I carry prospects on my roster at 200K a pop?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Someone once said that Bobby could hit a puck through a car wash and not get it wet and that I could hit it just as hard, but not hit the car wash. That was the difference." Dennis Hull

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2011, 10:32:36 AM »
Do I have to have 30 players on my roster?

Nope, you can carry fewer than 30.

Can I carry prospects on my roster at 200K a pop?

Yup!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline izaman3

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DET-NHL:
    • :Michigan:
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 12:37:34 PM »
I had a question about position eligibility. How will they be updated, does Fantrax do it automatically? Also, will there be dual positional players? I know for instance, that Datsyuk and Zetterberg are usually C/LW's because they play both roles frequently during the year. It'd help to know what positions my player can fall under, because it help with my draft strategy and identifying my needs.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »
I had a question about position eligibility. How will they be updated, does Fantrax do it automatically? Also, will there be dual positional players? I know for instance, that Datsyuk and Zetterberg are usually C/LW's because they play both roles frequently during the year. It'd help to know what positions my player can fall under, because it help with my draft strategy and identifying my needs.

Great question and I wish I had the answer.  I've been trying to figure out how Fantrax determines position eligibility for weeks.  After searching every nook and crany of the site I finally emailed the admins.  The response I got was that their stats provider, Stats Inc., determines eligibility subjectively.  So, at some point this summer I'm assuming they will edit player eligibility.  When it will be done?  No clue.  How it will be determined?  No clue.....  I'd really love to know if Seguin will be eligible for the wing next year but we'll just have to wait and see. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BeanTown

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2011, 02:03:22 PM »
It really sucks because some players that were dual eligible last yr are not anymore, it's like they did a complete overhaul and set to single positions. I always though it took them to play a certain amount on another position to be added to dual (Games or TOI im not sure) but they usually dont re-set them like they did this yr. Really threw my roster for a loop in a few other leagues as I drafted players for their dual eligibility!!!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline papps

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 9
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2011, 02:33:05 PM »
Are we going to be able to see the contracts for the players eligible for the contraction draft?  Can we get a thread listing the players with their contracts or at least a link to where we can find the contracts ourselves?  I think this would be great to research before the draft starts.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 - 2021 NFL Live Champion :TB-NFL:
🏆 - 2020 Bush League Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 Franchise GM Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 The League Champion :PIT-NFL:
🏆 - 2016 Moneyball II Champion :BOS:
🏆 - 2010 Agents vs GMs Champion :PHI:

BeanTown

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2011, 02:36:04 PM »
papps, hockeybuzz.com is a great resource! They have every contract listed by team!!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2011, 02:40:52 PM »
papps, hockeybuzz.com is a great resource! They have every contract listed by team!!

Yup, hockeybuzz is what I use as well.  Since you inherit the players' contract at the time of the pick I didn't list out the contracts.  If a FA is signed our info would be wrong and I didn't want to edit it for every NHL signing.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Jwalkerjr88: @Speed and @jmnt i need a clarification or an update on that trade. Detroit doesnt own 2025 LV 3rd. Please clarify on the 2025 picks
    Yesterday at 02:21:45 PM
  • jmntl82: KC sorry, wrong AFC west team
    Yesterday at 02:22:45 PM
  • Speedster18431: Sounds good I agree
    Yesterday at 02:24:23 PM
  • jmntl82: See that’s why I’ve got to trade all my picks I can’t even keep track of where they came from
    Yesterday at 02:26:12 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Thank you gentlemen
    Yesterday at 02:32:48 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: @Mt_Crushmore pm
    Yesterday at 02:33:12 PM
  • Daddy: @Rhino7 the previous Raiders ownership traded 11 picks for Aaron Donald.
    Yesterday at 02:48:03 PM
  • Daddy: Ive never seen that many picks moved except for Aaron Donald & Darius Slayton.
    Yesterday at 02:49:05 PM
  • jmntl82: Those are some high level names right there
    Yesterday at 02:49:57 PM
  • Daddy: We let GMs cook to their own visions. Picks are useless if you dont hit on them and not all draft classes are the same.
    Yesterday at 02:52:32 PM
  • Daddy: While im not always right... My personal evaluation is unless you are a true contender this 2024 class isnt one to sit out on.
    Yesterday at 02:53:22 PM
  • Daddy: I want to keep saying.. i do not know everything about sports. Nobody does. I am going to say that i know more than most and im not ashamed or embarrassed to say that.
    Yesterday at 02:54:37 PM
  • Daddy: This 2024 NFL Draft class is better than 90% of every draft ive witnessed since 1980. In NFL LIVE if you arent a top ten team, i strongly urge that you invest in 2024 draft.
    Yesterday at 02:56:18 PM
  • Daddy: Traded all your picks? So what
    Yesterday at 02:57:32 PM
  • Daddy: Look at the Rams. Look how young my team is. I hardly ever draft. There is more than one way to invest in young talent. The easiest way is the draft but its not the only way.
    Yesterday at 02:58:38 PM
  • Speedster18431: Well if no one wants their 2024 picks let me know lol
    Yesterday at 03:03:13 PM
  • Daddy: Crap me too
    Yesterday at 03:14:18 PM
  • Daddy: Unlike all these other sports, THE NFL IS A YOUNG MANS GAME. Hockey, Baseball, Basketball, play till your 40. Not just the greats... Jamie Moyer was never great, pitched till he was 44.
    Yesterday at 03:16:08 PM
  • Daddy: When current players hold their jobs ten, fifteen, twenty years... It means that many years of prospect blocking. In whatever sport.
    Yesterday at 03:17:23 PM
  • Daddy: The avg NFL career lasts 3 years. Look it up.
    Yesterday at 03:17:50 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the day for any trade talks
    Yesterday at 03:18:06 PM
  • Speedster18431: STLBlues pm
    Yesterday at 03:27:23 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Theres a new NFL Live trade block post. Carolina  :koolaid: guy
    Yesterday at 04:02:27 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Lol def meant  and not the kool aid guy
    Yesterday at 04:02:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: *eye emoji
    Yesterday at 04:03:03 PM
  • jmntl82: My draft pick trade broke you lol
    Yesterday at 04:04:49 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha maybeee
    Yesterday at 04:27:52 PM
  • Daddy: Giants TE Darren Waller is set to retire. 3yrs ago he was a top TE in the league.
    Yesterday at 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Waller is 31 years old
    Yesterday at 06:05:23 PM
  • Daddy: Thats when some baseball players & hockey players peak.
    Yesterday at 06:05:48 PM
  • Daddy: @Alpha5 [link]
    Yesterday at 06:11:33 PM
  • Daddy: NHL/NFL/MLB LIVE GMs be warned, if you miss a week, you miss a lot in those leagues. Take your time building, take your time evaluating, learn at your own pace.
    Yesterday at 06:22:23 PM
  • Daddy: Just know, if you miss time at any point of the year, not just the active season. You have missed a lot. You've probably fallen behind your competition. Ten-Fifteen guys in all three of those leagues dont ever miss any opportunities.
    Yesterday at 06:24:04 PM
  • Daddy: One more thing. The NFL LIVE waiting list is longer than you see on profsl or fantrax. There are people that know people that want in that league. No pressure on anyone but i cant just hold your franchise while you draft and do nothing else.
    Yesterday at 06:33:37 PM
  • Daddy: i built College football for you guys that do that. Great scoring system, no trades, set your lineup and go getm! NFL moves too fast for that mentality. Apologies.
    Yesterday at 06:36:10 PM
  • Speedster18431: Sent couple pms put there for NFL live.  TB looking for picks in 2024 Draft  season
    Yesterday at 07:50:03 PM
  • jmntl82: @Jwalkerjr88 he's back at it again
    Yesterday at 07:53:50 PM
  • Rhino7: I Appreciate you always keeping competitive GMs in the leagues!
    Yesterday at 08:33:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: brian pm
    Yesterday at 09:42:10 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Here for talks
    Yesterday at 10:24:21 PM
  • Daddy: All the work we do deserves competitive GMs. Thats the point of it all.
    Yesterday at 11:17:33 PM
  • Daddy: Dynasty fantasy sports isnt for everyone. It requires patience, skill, planning, the ability to communicate thought into written word. Most times dealing with complete strangers located all over the map.
    Yesterday at 11:19:46 PM
  • Daddy: There are easier hobbies. PlayStation/Xbox, Yoga, psychic readings, ghost hunting, bunji jumping etc etc. Everyone cant do this. There is no shame.
    Yesterday at 11:22:04 PM
  • Daddy: Here are 99 hobbies you may consider in 2024 [link] :toth:
    Yesterday at 11:28:07 PM
  • Daddy: If you do however like "Dynasty Fantasy Sports" or you are curious about trying, then you are in luck. Nobody... Does it better than we do it here.
    Yesterday at 11:30:43 PM
  • Daddy: A one armed circus monkey with more legs than toes could do daily fantasy. Dont come here with that mindset.
    Yesterday at 11:34:48 PM
  • Brent: Back home in FL after spending the weekend in Myrtle Beach.
    Today at 12:11:54 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: brian pm
    Today at 12:12:55 AM
  • Daddy: @Brian & @Eric [link]
    Today at 12:42:18 AM
  • Daddy: @Brian by himself part II [link]
    Today at 12:48:10 AM