Author Topic: COL LAA  (Read 2483 times)

bravesfan4

Re: COL LAA
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »
Hughes was nothing in that deal. I got 5000 points of production in that deal. A third OF in Ibanez and a solid CI to play at utility. big difference. Coco was benched in Boston, and When healthy is another statement. Hughes wasnt even on my team for a 2 days. He is not worth it. Hopefully he gets better but no guarantee he is not a gb pitcher but Wolf is the same except really past the age where he will improve. We will just see what the committee. I just fully agree with Mike(Bridgestone) on this.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 09:25:12 PM »
Corey/Trade committee:

Below are the points per million break down of the key players involved in this deal:
Crisp - 1422 pts
Wolf - 1215 pts
Total = 2637
Salary = 5M (I am eating 2.5M)
Points per million spent: 527.4

Martinez: 2163
Upcoming contract: 12.5M
Points per million spent: 173.04.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 10:21:26 PM »
Martinez is a premiere player at a very shallow position.  Coco currently has no team, but an option to be in a very crowded A's OF scenario.  His health is also an issue, the same can be said for Wolf.

Due to VMart's value due to shallow position, I agree with the other diapprovals.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Offline nerwffej

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 6
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Illinois:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »
I have to agree with other 2 catcher thin position with vmart talent for aged sp and middle road outfielder isn't good deal
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 07:22:04 AM »
Martinez is a premiere player at a very shallow position.  Coco currently has no team, but an option to be in a very crowded A's OF scenario.  His health is also an issue, the same can be said for Wolf.

Due to VMart's value due to shallow position, I agree with the other diapprovals.

Rob, regarding the injury history argument:

Crisp has averaged 97 games in the past 4 years whereas Martinez averaged 125.5. Last year, Crisp played in 75 games and Martinez played in 127. Therefore, it is likely that Crisp will score more points next year than this year given his injury history. For Wolf, he has averaged 180IP for the past 4 years and this is above average for a starting SP as well.

Regarding the shallow position argument:
Let's go back to my previous points scored per million argument. Using goal-seek, it turns out that if Crisp and Wolf BOTH perform 70% worse than this year, the trade will come out completely even in terms points per million spent. In other words, I am paying a 70% premium, or 70% * 12.5 = 8.75M for VMart due to his position. I think that is more than a fair premium.

Rob, I know you are a reasonable person who won't just go along with the crowd. I'd appreciate it if you would reconsider the veto.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: ???
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 07:26:55 AM »
How are you getting cap room?  You are losing cap room.

This deal is outlandish... a top bat at a scarce position for an older, more expensive SP and an outfielder who overachieved expectations in 2010?

Mike, please see my post to Rob. I very interested in hearing more about why you think this is a bad deal.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 09:08:54 AM »
Rob, regarding the injury history argument:

Crisp has averaged 97 games in the past 4 years whereas Martinez averaged 125.5. Last year, Crisp played in 75 games and Martinez played in 127. Therefore, it is likely that Crisp will score more points next year than this year given his injury history. For Wolf, he has averaged 180IP for the past 4 years and this is above average for a starting SP as well.

Regarding the shallow position argument:
Let's go back to my previous points scored per million argument. Using goal-seek, it turns out that if Crisp and Wolf BOTH perform 70% worse than this year, the trade will come out completely even in terms points per million spent. In other words, I am paying a 70% premium, or 70% * 12.5 = 8.75M for VMart due to his position. I think that is more than a fair premium.

Rob, I know you are a reasonable person who won't just go along with the crowd. I'd appreciate it if you would reconsider the veto.

Howe,

I am opposed to this trade for those reasons stated and more.  I am not simply going along with the crowd.  Also, once I have posted my ruling, it won't change unless something regarding the players drastically changes.

I shopped Coco Crisp for some time and can tell you how the league managers value him.  I pitched all of the numbers that you have conveyed and the fact that he has a really good contract going forward.  Here is some of the feedback that I received. 

He has no team, Oakland has not exercised him for next year.  This makes his playing time situation a wildcard.  Even if he lands in Oakland - There are 4 positions (3 OF and 1 DH) to get Crisp, Sweeney, Davis, C Jax, Carson, Michael Taylor, Chris Carter, and possibly Jack Cust at bats.  If he lands somewhere else he most likely is not a starter.  Once he is signed his value will either increase or could decrease. 

His most recent injury is to his hand.  This is burdensome for a hitter to come back from.

He is not a regular player.  He only played this much this year since Sweeney and C Jax went down with injuries.  He started last year (2009) until he got hurt and was not a starter in Boston previously, you will have to go back to Cleveland to find him as an official starter before that.

One problem with this trade is that Crisp + a mid-level prospect (Duda) was traded for an upper echelon prospect (Colome).  So in this trade his value was the difference between a mid-level prospect and upper echelon prospect.  Later that day, his value is being represented as the better player of two traded for a top level Catcher.

The bottom line is there are many teams that do not have a starting Catcher on the roster, in this league.  Catcher is a very shallow position.  I believe that the Angels will have multiple offers that are better than this deal.  As a TC representative, this is the type of trade that needs to be evaluated very strongly. 

My vote will remain a veto. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 10:33:16 AM »

I am opposed to this trade for those reasons stated and more.  I am not simply going along with the crowd.  Also, once I have posted my ruling, it won't change unless something regarding the players drastically changes.

I shopped Coco Crisp for some time and can tell you how the league managers value him.  I pitched all of the numbers that you have conveyed and the fact that he has a really good contract going forward.  Here is some of the feedback that I received. 

He has no team, Oakland has not exercised him for next year.  This makes his playing time situation a wildcard.  Even if he lands in Oakland - There are 4 positions (3 OF and 1 DH) to get Crisp, Sweeney, Davis, C Jax, Carson, Michael Taylor, Chris Carter, and possibly Jack Cust at bats.  If he lands somewhere else he most likely is not a starter.  Once he is signed his value will either increase or could decrease. 

His most recent injury is to his hand.  This is burdensome for a hitter to come back from.

He is not a regular player.  He only played this much this year since Sweeney and C Jax went down with injuries.  He started last year (2009) until he got hurt and was not a starter in Boston previously, you will have to go back to Cleveland to find him as an official starter before that.

One problem with this trade is that Crisp + a mid-level prospect (Duda) was traded for an upper echelon prospect (Colome).  So in this trade his value was the difference between a mid-level prospect and upper echelon prospect.  Later that day, his value is being represented as the better player of two traded for a top level Catcher.

The bottom line is there are many teams that do not have a starting Catcher on the roster, in this league.  Catcher is a very shallow position.  I believe that the Angels will have multiple offers that are better than this deal.  As a TC representative, this is the type of trade that needs to be evaluated very strongly. 

My vote will remain a veto.

Rob, I appreciate your thoughtful feedback.

My comments are as follow:
- Your presented a lot of anecdotal evidence on why Crisp is not worthy. However, the numbers show otherwise. If you fill a roster with only players producing at Crisp and Wolf level, the team will outscore every other team last year with a 80M payroll. The fact that Crisp does not have a team next year does not diminish his value; it only adds variance to his value. From my previous post, we saw that even if Crisp's production falls further, LAA still comes out ahead. . No matter which way you look at the numbers, LAA does not lose in this deal.

- Your other main concern seem to be that most of the league don't view Crisp as an useful player. I don't see how this should affect your decision. As long as LAA values Crisp, does it matter what the rest of the league thinks?

- Crisp was involved in two deals in the same day with different perceived value argument: I merely recognized the fact that I have leverage in both cases because neither you nor LAA have any cap room left. Why should I be punished for recognizing this?

- Finally, please remember that this is not a 1 for 1 deal. LAA also received Randy Wolf, who has outscored on a per million basis Martinez by himself

Again, I appreciate your coherent arguments. It's refreshing to hear some well thought arguments from the TC rather than just a simple "it's not fair because I say so" with no backup whatsoever.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 11:02:34 AM »
Rob, I appreciate your thoughtful feedback.

My comments are as follow:
- Your presented a lot of anecdotal evidence on why Crisp is not worthy. However, the numbers show otherwise. If you fill a roster with only players producing at Crisp and Wolf level, the team will outscore every other team last year with a 80M payroll. The fact that Crisp does not have a team next year does not diminish his value; it only adds variance to his value. From my previous post, we saw that even if Crisp's production falls further, LAA still comes out ahead. . No matter which way you look at the numbers, LAA does not lose in this deal.

- Your other main concern seem to be that most of the league don't view Crisp as an useful player. I don't see how this should affect your decision. As long as LAA values Crisp, does it matter what the rest of the league thinks?

- Crisp was involved in two deals in the same day with different perceived value argument: I merely recognized the fact that I have leverage in both cases because neither you nor LAA have any cap room left. Why should I be punished for recognizing this?

- Finally, please remember that this is not a 1 for 1 deal. LAA also received Randy Wolf, who has outscored on a per million basis Martinez by himself

Again, I appreciate your coherent arguments. It's refreshing to hear some well thought arguments from the TC rather than just a simple "it's not fair because I say so" with no backup whatsoever.

No problem.  I take a similar look at each and every trade.  In your rebutal and all of your points, you do not address production by position and availability of an equivalent SP and OF.  This is my main point. 

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »
No problem.  I take a similar look at each and every trade.  In your rebutal and all of your points, you do not address production by position and availability of an equivalent SP and OF.  This is my main point.

I will address these quickly:

Production by position: see my previous post, I am paying almost a 70% premium because Victor is a catcher
Availability of equivalent SP/OF: it's not TC's job to make sure every team gets the best possible offer out there. I have shown that LAA is getting more than a fair return, and that should be enough.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Four (4) NY Islanders >> Nashville Predators >> Ottawa Senators >> LA Kings
    May 21, 2024, 10:50:47 PM
  • Daddy: They each had owners who uncommitted two of them went to other sites to try to copy the concept. Problem is no Daddy, no staff,  no LIVE.
    May 21, 2024, 10:52:54 PM
  • Daddy: Nobody on Earth does hockey like we are about to do it. Its a shame 28 teams are gone without most of the true profsl hockey guys signing up. That's a huge loss. For them.
    May 21, 2024, 10:54:45 PM
  • Daddy: If you love hockey and you love dynasty and you arent in LIVE than you must hate me or competition more than you love the others. Which is petty & not worth our efforts anyway.
    May 21, 2024, 10:56:10 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE Spreadsheet [link] should be available to be seen.
    May 21, 2024, 11:35:31 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent we sincerely hope that you do join as a HOF level dynasty GM. The rules and a lot of format carry over from one LIVE league to another.
    May 21, 2024, 11:56:46 PM
  • Daddy: We believe that even if you don't know a sport well, we provide the material, and enough guidance advice that any disadvantages are minimized. Hockey is one of the greatest sports of all time.
    May 21, 2024, 11:58:09 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Brent should I put you on the waiting list for the next opening?
    Yesterday at 10:53:35 AM
  • Brent: Nah, I need to resist.  I built the team I wanted and decided to leave so that's on me.
    Yesterday at 11:28:04 AM
  • indiansnation: Is their a way i can lgo and check out prospects in nhl live and get statistics
    Yesterday at 01:02:05 PM
  • Daddy: We have the same prospects as real life. Same draft class coming in. You are loaded for Bear.
    Yesterday at 01:06:11 PM
  • Daddy: The contracts that expire in 2023. Are upcoming FA. We giving a chance to extend 6/1
    Yesterday at 01:08:31 PM
  • indiansnation: I finally looked at the minors and i got a 40 year old player in my minors
    Yesterday at 01:27:00 PM
  • Daddy: Did we put Sidney Crosby in your Juniors? Whats the resolution you seek?
    Yesterday at 01:57:39 PM
  • indiansnation: No resolution i just saw it. No rrsolution
    Yesterday at 05:49:02 PM
  • Daddy: Ok. You know you can cut anyone you want and with FROZEN FRENZY as well as the draft we all have a ton of moves to make.
    Yesterday at 06:11:32 PM
  • Daddy: Hockey players don't make what football, basketball, baseball players make. The cap is lower than other LIVE leagues.
    Yesterday at 06:13:00 PM
  • Daddy: NFL Teams in OTAs. Hockey & Baseball Drafts approach
    Yesterday at 06:14:26 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah when we were filling rosters we just included everyone we could since they can be cut. I will be cutting a chunk of guys once we start up
    Yesterday at 06:14:45 PM
  • Daddy: Trading too. Not just cutting. Virgin teams need diversified. Ive seen owners swap half of they're starting players to get diversified.
    Yesterday at 06:16:51 PM
  • Daddy: New leagues should be the most active because everyone has a ton of assets.
    Yesterday at 06:18:24 PM
  • Bigdon: Is there any openings in nfl.l8ve
    Yesterday at 11:09:21 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey bigdon if u looking to trade in mlb live let me know im guardians
    Yesterday at 11:24:50 PM
  • Bigdon: Well listen to all offers I need team in nfl live I am in all other leagues
    Yesterday at 11:31:05 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon pm sent u trade offer in mlb live
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon sent u new pm with new trade offer
    Today at 12:08:07 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon ill post trade right know
    Today at 12:13:33 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigdon trade posted in mlb live
    Today at 12:24:42 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: bigdon sent ya a message also i dont think nfl has any openings rn
    Today at 12:31:00 AM
  • indiansnation: Bayarea Ballers pm about giants in mlb live
    Today at 12:32:31 AM
  • Brent: Angels looking for a power bat in MLB Live.
    Today at 07:17:38 AM
  • Daddy: When i started on profsl in 2010 my first league i had to pay $45 for the Milwaukee Brewers in a start up league called SD.
    Today at 10:45:05 AM
  • Daddy: SD = Scouting Department
    Today at 10:45:26 AM
  • Daddy: Papps recruited me on our job. The only team available in a full and active money league.
    Today at 10:46:25 AM
  • Daddy: They vetoed my first 7 trade attempts. They publicly insulted me, calling me dumb, saying i should be kicked out the league because it was obvious i didnt know what i was doing.
    Today at 10:47:37 AM
  • Daddy: Im year 2 i won the championship and the prize pool. I would win it repeatedly afterwards.
    Today at 10:48:26 AM
  • Daddy: My Dad joined. Then these same fools said he was my burner account.
    Today at 10:48:56 AM
  • Daddy: When it was obvious he was someone else, they started saying we couldn't trade with each other or we were cheating.
    Today at 10:49:44 AM
  • Daddy: Profsl had a bunch of pencil dik crooks on it. All over the place. Corrupt LMs orchestrating trades to try to pre determine who won.
    Today at 10:50:57 AM
  • Daddy: To keep the money between "certain guys". That way it stayed in house and they just kept robbing fools.
    Today at 10:51:49 AM
  • Daddy: I created LIVE because LIVE is what those fake ass leagues were supposed to be.
    Today at 10:52:24 AM
  • Daddy: Real competition. Where your competition cant cheat ya and anyone that beats ya deserved to do so.
    Today at 10:53:15 AM
  • Daddy: All those bums & crooks & morons have either left profsl for good or they stay in the background, watching, and gossiping behind my back like a bunch of street corner hookers.
    Today at 10:54:41 AM
  • Daddy: Now all we do on profsl is play ball.
    Today at 10:55:51 AM
  • Daddy: How did i win a money league that they were cheating in? Because if you cheat, you still gotta be right about the players. They were smart at being crooks. Dumb at building teams.
    Today at 10:59:54 AM
  • OUDAN: I miss money dynasty lesgues
    Today at 11:27:47 AM
  • OUDAN: Ran correctly that is
    Today at 11:28:50 AM
  • Daddy: Agreed Dan. This site was popping 14 years ago with half ass product. Every league here today offers a unique top quality product.
    Today at 01:09:03 PM
  • Daddy: Upcoming $$$ league [link] Powerhouse Baseball @Alpha5 (LIVE moderator) LM.
    Today at 01:57:27 PM
  • OUDAN: Need a $$ basketball league badly
    Today at 02:58:32 PM