Author Topic: News Flash: Possible Rule Change Referendums  (Read 311 times)

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
News Flash: Possible Rule Change Referendums
« on: June 06, 2021, 09:48:05 PM »
GM,

There is a thread on the main board that was posted on May 23rd.  It's entitled "Thinking Out Loud".  I don't know how many of you actually peruse the FGM Board, but I think the issues raised by RyanJames5 are important enough to send out this league wide PM.  In our league by-laws, rule changes may be made through a referendum is 8 GMs support posting the referendum and 16 GMs vote to approve it.  In the past, we have had a couple of instances where we have made rule changes via the referendum process, and with many new members in FGM, I believe it's important to keep the general membership informed regarding issues raised by other FGM GMs.

Here are the issues raised in the "Thinking Out Loud" thread. 

1)  The establishment of an Injured Player List (IL) whereby we add IL spots to our existing MLB rosters.  This issue was raised a few years ago by BHows, but was never really discussed.  With Covid protocols, the increased propensity for MLB teams to use the 10 day IL (as opposed to the old 15 day Disabled List), and the rash of injuries that seems to be permeating our MLB rosters, RyanJames5 has suggested that the subject be re-opened for discussion.  The IL spots would allow free agents to be added (available cap permitting) without having to drop a rostered player.  Of course, when the IL player is activated by a given MLB team, our FGM teams must also activate their IL players.  Many of our teams have more than 3 players on the IL at the moment, so if we had, for example, 3 IL spots, players could be rotated into the open IL spots as players are activated.  Salary cap obligations would still exist for all teams and roster limits of 40 MLB players would still have to be honored.

2)  The second issue is the abolishment of our 60 day trade moratorium.  We currently have a 60 day no trade moratorium on newly signed free agents, extended players, and newly drafted rookies in our FYPD (First Year Player Draft).  This issue was raised last season by Anthony.  RyanJames5 has suggested that this issue be revisited.  We pride ourselves in mirroring MLB, but as many of you know, the 60 day moratorium is something we have exclusively in FGM that is not a part of MLB.  In the past, there has been some discussion of reducing it to 30 days for newly signed free agents and extended players, but keeping the 60 day rule for the FYPD (since MLB and FGM have a proviso that draft picks cannot be traded).

I am going to post this PM on the Transactions Board and encourage all of you to post your comments regarding these issues.  If we have 8 GMs support a given issue, we can put forth a referendum for a league wide vote.  If a change would be made, it would begin with the 2022 season.  Remember, your opinion as a member of Franchise GM is of great value to all members.  We want a league where members feel free to discuss issues, pro and con, so that we can do things collectively as a group.  As your moderator, I believe it's important to hear your voices and move accordingly as a league. 

Finally, last season I made some executive decisions based on the challenges presented by the pandemic, but those changes were from only one season (60 game schedule, 3 divisions, different playoff system, and modified player eligibility rules).  Those changes were a product of necessity, however, they were an aberration and not the norm.  Please take the time to think about the issues raised and let others know what you think.

:toth:
Ernie - Flash 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
Re: News Flash: Possible Rule Change Referendums
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 05:50:06 PM »
GMs,

I thought I would provide an update on the referendum discussion on the FGM Board.  I posted this as a reply to the Thinking Out Loud thread, but I thought I should send that reply to all of you.

Even though we?ve only had 1/3 of the league chime in on the issues at hand, here?s what I see:

1) There are at least 8 GMs who support having IL spots added on Fantrax.  That is enough to support a vote on a league wide referendum.  I would envision a 2 player Injured List with strict monitoring to injure player are not kept on the IL once they have been returned to regular status by their MLB team.  I believe Fantrax has a monitoring mechanism for this.  I will research further before posting the referendum for a vote, but from a practical perspective, I think an FGM IL should be limited to players on the 60 day IL, because it would seem to be unmanageable if we included those players on a 10 day IL.  Who is on and who is off would require daily monitoring and that really seems like so cumbersome that it is creates more problems than it solves.  Our rules aren?t as liberal as MLB?s as to who can be placed on our MiLB rosters, so as such, a 10 day IL doesn?t seem as debilitating as a 60 day IL because we have 20 active spots and a 40 player MLB roster.  Additionally, with our 72 hour free agent bidding, getting a replacement player doesn?t seem as feasible. 

In the meantime, it would help if GMs posted what they would envision as the ideal amount of IL spots and whether it should be limited to players on the 60 day IL.  I am giving my perspective as a league moderator, and knowing my own limitations, I probably can?t monitor 30 rosters on a daily basis.  A 60 day IL would be easier to monitor and manage.

2)  At this time, there doesn?t seem to be enough support for a referendum on the 60 day no trade moratorium, so we cannot go any further on that issue at this time.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • BayAreaBallers: im aware
    Yesterday at 06:24:20 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: but strongly feel like the trades i made were good
    Yesterday at 06:24:37 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: and depth is key
    Yesterday at 06:24:46 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: look at my team youll see
    Yesterday at 06:24:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: acquiring minshew demarcus robinson and gus edwards
    Yesterday at 06:26:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: cost me picks but those guys are already vets
    Yesterday at 06:26:34 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: oh and diablo for defense
    Yesterday at 06:28:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: along with gibbens i upgraded both ends
    Yesterday at 06:30:26 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i made the SB last yr tryna keep that window still goin
    Yesterday at 06:31:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for trade talks the rest of the night
    Yesterday at 08:58:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Big trade
    Yesterday at 10:47:02 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: The return, per source: Dillon Head, Woo Suk-Go, Jakob Marsee, Nathan Martorella to Marlins for Luis arraez
    Yesterday at 10:47:26 PM
  • dbreer23: Arraez headed to the Padres for 4 prospects.
    Yesterday at 10:47:55 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: dbreer look above
    Yesterday at 10:50:15 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: just said return
    Yesterday at 10:50:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: marlins won thsi trade
    Yesterday at 10:52:12 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Dillon Head, Woo Suk-Go, Jakob Marsee, Nathan Martorella great haul
    Yesterday at 10:52:22 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I like that football talk BAB
    Yesterday at 11:21:46 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: You like your team in may and may add something in FA. You are def a force in the NFC
    Yesterday at 11:22:11 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Only the late papps, daddy, TheGoat have ever won the NFC outside of yourself
    Yesterday at 11:22:37 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Papps and daddy did it twice
    Yesterday at 11:22:52 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Those two are also the only ever Superbowl Champions outside of the AFC
    Yesterday at 11:23:21 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Or Superbowl Champions from the NFC i should say. Sorry been drinking lol
    Yesterday at 11:23:44 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im coming for the NFC soon...
    Yesterday at 11:45:39 PM
  • Daddy: Bring it
    Today at 12:16:26 AM
  • Daddy: Im tired of not winning NFL LIVE
    Today at 12:16:40 AM
  • Daddy: My Son has TWO chips to my ONE. And now Rhino has one. Buc already had one.
    Today at 12:18:06 AM
  • Daddy: BAB barking, now you, Brent, Speed, Harman, RJ, roto... whatever. Im get'n mine. So there's that.
    Today at 12:20:31 AM
  • Daddy: You called your shot this year. I'm watching. Two years ago. You predicted it.
    Today at 12:21:54 AM
  • Daddy: Rhino called his last year.
    Today at 12:22:15 AM
  • Daddy: And that smack talk prompted an immediate NFL LIVE Trade. Yup.
    Today at 12:25:31 AM
  • Daddy: Welcome back to profsl you LEGEND you. kylerap!!
    Today at 12:28:30 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Jwalker yss
    Today at 12:44:27 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yes possibly I have cap to make some moves
    Today at 12:45:00 AM
  • Daddy: @BAB you hear the AFC guys calling us out?
    Today at 12:45:43 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I did
    Today at 01:48:28 AM
  • Braves155: Hey guys, will be around today for deal talks. Been busy of late
    Today at 10:54:05 AM
  • Braves155: PM indiansnation
    Today at 11:36:23 AM
  • indiansnation: Braves 155 pm
    Today at 12:26:49 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 x2 pm
    Today at 12:44:23 PM
  • Braves155: Replied
    Today at 01:07:51 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Today at 02:11:57 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: 2024 NFL Live Draft Player Pool [link]
    Today at 02:12:31 PM
  • Daddy: If it doesn't include the UDFAs its not completed.
    Today at 02:18:07 PM
  • Daddy: Of course it does include them so we good :)
    Today at 02:36:30 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE Draft 8/1/24 8PM EST you dont want to have your dog eat your computer that day Gents!
    Today at 02:37:42 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the day for any trade talks
    Today at 03:29:00 PM
  • Daddy: Baseball FRENZY never stops
    Today at 04:28:04 PM
  • Daddy: Weve processed more baseball transactions in one month than i ever remember in any league but NFL LIVE. This is in all my years.
    Today at 04:28:45 PM
  • Daddy: And.. thats the goal. If everyone is active and everyone is competitive that has always been the goal.
    Today at 04:29:55 PM