Author Topic: A Look at Franchise GM  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
A Look at Franchise GM
« on: July 12, 2017, 06:30:48 PM »
It's always fun to step back at look at how things are going in our league.  Here we are at the All-Star break, six scoring periods away from the playoffs, and there are some interesting things in the works.

Pleasant Surprises

In the American League, the Orioles are running away with the #1 Seed as the leader of the AL West with a record of 99-15.  The Orioles have assembled a team with a balanced attack of productive hitters and a strong group of SPs. 

While the Orioles  have been doing their thing, the Pleasant Surprises come from the AL Central leader Tigers and AL West leader Mariners. Both of them lead them have identical records of 83-31. At the moment, both of them enjoy three game leads over White Sox and A's.

In the NL Central, the Cardinals have built a seven game lead over the FGM defending champions Cubs

Old Reliables

In the National League, we have some Old Reliables leading the way.  The battle for the #1 Seed features some familiar souls in Phillies (91-23) and Dodgers (90-24).  Both are dominating their division with double digit leads.

Wild Card Races

In the American League, the Wild Card leaders are White Sox and A's with identical records of 80-34.  The Angels are breathing down their necks at 79-35 and, after several seasons of rebuilding, the Angels could be seen as the biggest surprise of the season.

In the National League, the Wild Card race is just as competitive.  The Giants (74-40) and the Cubs (73-41) are separated by a single game, but there are several teams still in the hunt: the Marlins (68-46) and the Brewers (67-47) -- with the Reds (60-54) and Padres (59-55) within shouting distance.

The Stretch Run

With the Trade Deadline only 19 days away, I would expect there to be some definite Buyers and Sellers.  A few moves could help solidify some lineups and could also help some teams build for the future. 

As always, injuries and slumps will play a significant role in how things turn out.  We all know the frustrations that stem from a key player suffering an injury or falling into a performance slump. 

As we wind down the regular season, may the Fantasy Gods look upon your team with favorable eyes.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline jpmanchester

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :LAL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Blank:
    • :LAG:
    • View Profile
Re: A Look at FGM at the All-Star Break
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 03:15:05 AM »
Cardinals and Cubs are building a pretty competitive rivalry the last couple years!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
A Look at Franchise GM
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 08:06:07 PM »
For some reason I can't seem to post on any of the FGM Boards, so I've asked Flash to post this for me:

Seems like yesterday this season began but we are currently in the final week of our regular season. All in all I'd say it has been a pretty good year.

We have a few surprise team still in contention. The Angels and Detroit come to mind. They finished 44.5 and 53 games back, respectively last year and both are still in the hunt.

On another front I think activity has been satisfactory. From a Commish's point of view you can never have enough activity but we've done OK. I'm a little disappointed at the amount of last minute trades at the deadline but I think we've somewhat made that up in August trades.

Speaking of activity- I feel like I need to apologize for not being as visible as I'd like to be this season. I've been around on a daily basis but my current work schedule has prohibited me from being as active as I'd prefer. That's one advantage I have- a Co-Commish named Flash. Huge props to him; he's kept this league running this season.

With all that said here is the playoff season as it currently stands:
NATIONAL LEAGUE

All divisions have been clinched- St. Louis, Philly and the Dodgers
The Wild Card race is down to the Giants (102-52), Cubs (101-53), and Brewers (99-55)

AMERICAN LEAGUE
Baltimore has clinched the East as has Seattle in the West but that's where it gets interesting:

Detroit and the ChiSox are separated by 5 games in a battle for the Central. The Wild Card teams are too confusing to figure out but the Angels, A's, and the 2nd place Central team are in contention for Wild Card berths. Boston has not been mathematically eliminated. Good luck to the remaining contending teams!

Thanks,
Rick
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • ldsjayhawk: Trading should be a win-win situation for both teams.
    Yesterday at 01:00:32 PM
  • dbreer23: Agreed. I think the Devers deal in FGM is a good example of that. Devers gives SD some now (and future) pop, giving up substantial pieces to get him (Mayo, Keith, and one other).
    Yesterday at 01:03:48 PM
  • Brent: I had Holliday in FGM before I stepped away.
    Yesterday at 01:24:07 PM
  • Brent: I am glad I cut back on leagues, I was spread too thin.
    Yesterday at 01:24:25 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: @idsjayhawk i understand that. To be clear, i wasnt judging anyone. I just know in NFL Live, you cant just draft 1-7 rds every year and sign a few FAs and be the champion. It wont happen
    Yesterday at 01:52:08 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Trading isnt easy. But neither is winning
    Yesterday at 01:52:22 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: If you made a list of the most aggressive gms to have stepped foot in nfl live, you will notice the champions will be among them
    Yesterday at 01:53:06 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: You arent gonna win every trade and you HAVE to have a plan. Ive made some horrible trades. I have every year
    Yesterday at 01:53:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Carolina has kyren williams right now cause i traded him for a 2nd and a 4th. Id rather have kyren today lol
    Yesterday at 01:54:28 PM
  • Brent: Agreed.  I have Amon Ra St. Brown and Aiyuk because I traded JJ.  I couldn't have acquired a player like ASB where I was picking in the 1st so I down tiered at WR to make a trio of Chase, ASB and Aiyuk instead of JJ, Chase and fill in the blank.
    Yesterday at 02:09:02 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: That is probably even more true in baseball since your drafts don't payoff for 5 years or so.  And I will admit my conservatism may be the reason I only have one championship here at ProFSL
    Yesterday at 02:10:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: jwalkerjr88 is right
    Yesterday at 02:25:49 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: on that u havat trade a bit here and there
    Yesterday at 02:25:57 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: although my last draft class and fa class kinda lead me to a run so it can happen
    Yesterday at 02:27:21 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, it does help to have a big draft class and available cap.
    Yesterday at 02:36:56 PM
  • Brent: I'm contemplating doing a complete tear down in NFL Live and rebuild.  Honestly, I probably should have postered for it to be this season.  I still might, but I would legit need to go into the draft with 3-4 top 10 picks/+ many others.
    Yesterday at 02:38:21 PM
  • Brent: postured
    Yesterday at 02:38:35 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Yea nailing drafts and some key FAs helps too. But if you remember BAB you traded alvin kamara for the rams 1-7 draft picks. So the extra picks helped you nail the 2023 draft the way you did
    Yesterday at 03:13:02 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Its the combination of all three that is required is what im saying
    Yesterday at 03:13:31 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: And brent a tear down with you assets would look interesting. Personally i just think you need break one big asset down into 3 good ones and move carr and go from there. But you have an A1 nfl mind so im sure you will nail whatever it is you decide
    Yesterday at 03:14:39 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: *your
    Yesterday at 03:14:50 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: very good pt yes i did gain lot of capital which propelled me to make more moves from that trade
    Yesterday at 03:34:25 PM
  • Brent: Thank you.  Yes, I agree.  I do need to break one asset down to 3.  I did that with JJ, went from S tier to 2 A tiers.  Now I need to potentially go from an A tier to 3 Bs or something like that.  I've had some inquiries on Carr, but nothing worth moving him.
    Yesterday at 03:48:17 PM
  • Alpha5: Guarantee I know who he traded Kamara to for 1-7 without even looking
    Yesterday at 05:22:42 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: alpha it was a good trade at the time
    Yesterday at 05:29:49 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: my team was in the Crapter at that pt
    Yesterday at 05:29:58 PM
  • Brent: Who did you draft with the 1st acquired in that trade?
    Yesterday at 05:36:34 PM
  • Daddy: Whoever it was, he got six more choices on top of that. The "win win" scenario.
    Yesterday at 05:53:04 PM
  • Daddy: At that time i had no RB1. So i traded an entire draft class to get one.
    Yesterday at 05:54:10 PM
  • Daddy: SF doubled up his pick haul and went to work, using them in trades & draft return.
    Yesterday at 05:54:46 PM
  • Daddy: Then beat me in the NFC Title game.
    Yesterday at 05:55:32 PM
  • Daddy: RB is a hard position to nail down. If someone wants to trade me 1-7 for Kamara. Step right up.
    Yesterday at 06:02:30 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I gotta see what I did
    Yesterday at 06:05:04 PM
  • Daddy: You got better
    Yesterday at 06:13:59 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i did so many moves trades and draft that i honestly dunno
    Yesterday at 06:18:48 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: This is the way
    Yesterday at 06:21:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I could teach how I did what I did
    Yesterday at 07:33:36 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around for a few hours today. Wont be around tomorrow until late
    Yesterday at 07:37:07 PM
  • TheGOAT: Thank God that there are 3 really good qb options in the draft. Can't imagine a world with Bo Nix as my frachise qb
    Yesterday at 08:12:51 PM
  • TheGOAT: Not that hes bad
    Yesterday at 08:13:06 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: think rn my qb room is minshew dobbs wentz
    Yesterday at 08:22:37 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: We look forward to your return to the playoffs @Thegoat
    Yesterday at 08:22:51 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: You and your brother camw in guns blazing a few years back. The NFC is not the gauntlet the AFC is. Once you make the title game, all bets are off
    Yesterday at 08:23:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: nfc is still tough
    Yesterday at 08:25:23 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i had a tough road
    Yesterday at 08:25:37 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: to get to teh ship lot of good teams i knocked out
    Yesterday at 08:25:50 PM
  • Brent: Carr is OTB for those who don't want a rookie.
    Today at 08:17:12 AM
  • Daddy: The NHL LIVE sign up sheet in the bullpen has nearly 87,000 views. Which is insane.
    Today at 11:47:58 AM
  • Daddy: Whats more insane is we still have 3 open teams
    Today at 11:48:37 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE [link] start new, start from today, sign up.
    Today at 11:49:27 AM