Author Topic: Trade: COL/LAD  (Read 3657 times)

Online OUDAN

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :LAL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Oklahoma:
    • :NYY:
    • View Profile
Re: Trade: COL/LAD
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 04:03:18 PM »
I am ok with the trade veoted because of the 2 weeks rule. But to veto this deal because it's comparable in anyway to the Greinke/Pedroia deal is an insult. I appreciate Ben's impartial judgement in these posts. I wish some of the others could do the same.

i would do the same IF my trade was treated fairly i will be back later after i decide whether or not i can be aprt of a league that isnt always done the same
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"People don't know what it means to be champions, Oklahoma invented it."
-Barry "The King" Switzer

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
-Coach Taylor

I hated every moment of training but I said, "Don't quit, Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion."
-Mohammed Ali

:win: 2014 FGM Champ
:win: 2015 Moneyball Champ
:win: 2015 Bush League Champ

Offline papps

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 9
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »
I am ok with the trade veoted because of the 2 weeks rule. But to veto this deal because it's comparable in anyway to the Greinke/Pedroia deal is an insult. I appreciate Ben's impartial judgement in these posts. I wish some of the others could do the same.

I would never let one deal influence another.  I have too much respect for the guys in this league to do that.  One trade has nothing to do with another. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 - 2021 NFL Live Champion :TB-NFL:
🏆 - 2020 Bush League Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 Franchise GM Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 The League Champion :PIT-NFL:
🏆 - 2016 Moneyball II Champion :BOS:
🏆 - 2010 Agents vs GMs Champion :PHI:

Canada8999

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 04:20:36 PM »
I would never let one deal influence another.  I have too much respect for the guys in this league to do that.  One trade has nothing to do with another.

There is an element of precedence to what can be a very subjective task of evaluating the fairness of trades, but the emotions attached to previous trades (or more importantly vetoed trades) should never be involved. 

Another element that seems to be frustrating some new owners is that not all trades are treated equally since veteran GM's are given more leeway when on what seem like the short side of a deal since they have proven their abilities.  There were some questions when I traded Gallardo for LaPorta/Cabrera in that I was getting a AAAA player and a no hit MI for a budding ace, but I'd say so far that one has worked out in my favor with Cabrera showing he can hit just fine.  There are likely more extreme examples of this, but obviously my own moves come to mind first.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

KDoc09

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 04:22:07 PM »
I know I am not on the TC but I have to say this whole thing STINKS. For Howe to come out and bash another deal (rightly so in my opinion) under the guise of the new Rox owner not being familiar with the setup of the league and then going forward and making a deal with him under similar circumstances is extremely hypocritical and IMO a tad shady. I also think this is a stark reminder of why owners should not be allowed to switch franchises in the first place, especially one who has been around as long as Howe. He obviously became attached to some of his players and he knows how valuable some of them are in this format and as a result he's targeted them from an owner who may or may not be entirely familiar with the league; a judgment I will not make, instead I will leave it up to the owner himself to decide if he is comfortable enough in the scoring and structure of the league to begin making moves. Aside from the fact that I personally think the deal is (a 4-letter word I will not type) to speak out against one deal while making one of your own with the same owner under similar circumstances seems a little wrong to me.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 04:23:52 PM by KDoc09 »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online OUDAN

• Legend
    • :DAL:
    • :LAL:
    • :Oklahoma:
    • :NYY:
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
 quote author=KDoc09 link=topic=23438.msg118990#msg118990 date=1307820127]
I know I am not on the TC but I have to say this whole thing STINKS. For Howe to come out and bash another deal (rightly so in my opinion) under the guise of the new Rox owner not being familiar with the setup of the league and then going forward and making a deal with him under similar circumstances is extremely hypocritical IMO a tad bit shady. I also think this is a stark reminder of why owners should not be allowed to switch franchises in the first place, especially one who has been around as long as Howe. He obviously became attached to some of his players and he knows how valuable some of them are in this format and as a result he's targeted them from an owner who may or may not be entirely familiar with the league; a judgment I will not make, instead I will leave it up to the owner himself to decide if he is comfortable enough in the scoring and structure of the league to begin making moves. Aside from the fact that I personally think the deal is (a 4-letter word I will not type) for the new COL GM to speak out against one deal while making one of your own with the same owner under similar circumstances seems a little wrong to me.
[/quote]

:iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"People don't know what it means to be champions, Oklahoma invented it."
-Barry "The King" Switzer

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
-Coach Taylor

I hated every moment of training but I said, "Don't quit, Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion."
-Mohammed Ali

:win: 2014 FGM Champ
:win: 2015 Moneyball Champ
:win: 2015 Bush League Champ

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »
I will re-interate:

Tulo: 1294pts

Castro: 608pts
Hart: 556 pts
Marcum: 714 pts
Total: 1878 pts

Pedoria: 1274 points
Greinke: 481 pts
Let's add 4 more starts: 481 / 7 * 11 = 755

I bashed the Pedroia deal because I thought it was a bad deal, period. I did not bash the deal just so I can steal one of my former players.
I honestly thought the Tulo deal would help both clubs (see the figures above). You are all free to disagree with the deal. But to question my character and attemp to tie this to the Pedoria deal is simply unfair.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 04:36:38 PM »
" 20M contract in AJ Burnett off his hand, freeing money to re-sign Bruce and Bucholz"

Did you mention to him that if he drops Burnett after July 31st he pays 2 mil next year, and 0 the following year? How does taking on salary next year help him re-sign Bruce and Bucholz? So not only does he lose Tulo, he will also most likely lose Bruce.

I don't disagree that there is value in the players that you are sending to the Rockies. But I have to agree that you prolly weren't completely up front with Reid in your dealings. I'm assuming a big part of the deal was taking on Burnett's contract, which isn't such a huge factor at all, in the grand scheme of things.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 04:40:33 PM »
Plus when you call another GM out, like you did to LTD (for possibly taking advantage of a GM unfamiliar with our scoring system), you open yourself up to the same sort of scrutiny.

You put on your cape to rescue Reid in his Pedroia deal, now others are doing the same... all's fair.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

KDoc09

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »
The posting of a points disparity as an argument for why a trade is good might be good in theory, but it only works if you also account for the points lost by the players that must be taken out of the lineup in order for the owner to receive the benefit of having those new players on his club. Besides, we all know that there is more to a players value than just points, a favorable long-term contract for example.

And I never attacked your character I just made an observation based on the two deals and the subsequent arguments that followed. In my opinion, which I am allowed to have, there is a direct correlation between the two, not because of the deals themselves but the similarities in the circumstances surrounding them. I think if you are willing to apply your lens to one deal and not another because you are involved in one of them that is hypocritical. That is where my observation comes from. I have no axe to grind with anyone and I have no personal agenda at stake, I just want consistency in behavior.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 04:57:15 PM »
i agree with kdoc about the points lost for people taken out of lineup because hart is going to go from being on your bench to going to his bench
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • OUDAN: Move them where they belong in the SEC
    Today at 05:18:35 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: So is OUDAN strictly basketball now?
    Today at 05:18:43 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: OU is still technically in big 12
    Today at 05:19:25 PM
  • OUDAN: I still have a few football leagues
    Today at 05:19:26 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Sec move won't happen till 2025
    Today at 05:19:42 PM
  • OUDAN: When the league starts they will be SEC
    Today at 05:19:44 PM
  • OUDAN: Your league so of course its ok either way
    Today at 05:20:38 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Ik this because I currently live in y'all's rival team
    Today at 05:20:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'll be going to some UT Austin games again
    Today at 05:21:22 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I've gone to some for baseball and one football
    Today at 05:21:39 PM
  • OUDAN: Im sorry you are going to have to watch that Crap school do anything
    Today at 05:22:11 PM
  • Daddy: Im still setting it up Dan
    Today at 05:22:37 PM
  • OUDAN: Gotcha, I trust you either way
    Today at 05:22:56 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Honestly it's not the school I even support but it's greats sports environment
    Today at 05:24:09 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Baseball is a great vibe. Football was fun. Basketball is next on my list
    Today at 05:24:58 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: UT ain't Crap I'll tell you that. From what I've seen and follow
    Today at 05:25:26 PM
  • OUDAN: They sure think they are the best at everything lol
    Today at 05:26:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I enjoyed the games I've gone to so far
    Today at 05:26:59 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: That's mainly why I went was cuz I enjoy going to sports games
    Today at 05:28:05 PM
  • OUDAN: You gonna have to pay PJ washington in CCD the way he is playing
    Today at 05:28:13 PM
  • OUDAN: College games always have great atmospheres
    Today at 05:28:31 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm kinda glad he's off books way too overpriced
    Today at 05:33:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: He was killing me in cap
    Today at 05:33:27 PM
  • OUDAN: He was for sure but he has been on fire in the playoffs
    Today at 05:34:06 PM
  • OUDAN: Makes it hard to just let him walk
    Today at 05:34:15 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I guess but havta see if he's worth his extension price
    Today at 05:34:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I also need cap for some guys that expire after this yr
    Today at 05:35:05 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Hence why I haven't made a decision on him
    Today at 05:35:27 PM
  • OUDAN: fantrax loves him his extension is 27m yikes
    Today at 05:36:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And why else do you think I say he's overpriced
    Today at 05:37:05 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: That's horrible cost
    Today at 05:37:13 PM
  • OUDAN: Yeah thats brutal I didnt wanna pay Mobley that lol
    Today at 05:37:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Hard pass
    Today at 05:38:14 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: That price alone makes it easier to let him walk
    Today at 05:38:35 PM
  • OUDAN: lol
    Today at 05:38:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I dunno what you were trying to do by telling me his performance
    Today at 05:40:18 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: But I'm gonna save my cap by letting him walk
    Today at 05:40:39 PM
  • OUDAN: Was just looking over rosters for trades and saw that
    Today at 05:40:40 PM
  • OUDAN: Definetely not trying to trade for him lol
    Today at 05:40:54 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yeah he was paid Abt 25 last yr
    Today at 05:41:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And I was waiting for him to come of books
    Today at 05:41:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: He's not worth 27
    Today at 05:41:36 PM
  • OUDAN: Agreed
    Today at 05:44:05 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I also let one more walk
    Today at 05:45:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I have not signed 2 players
    Today at 05:45:54 PM
  • OUDAN: I se that
    Today at 05:50:55 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: yepp
    Today at 06:01:41 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: both on purpose
    Today at 06:01:49 PM
  • Brent: I can afford Mobley.  I'll send a 2024 1st for him.
    Today at 07:17:03 PM
  • TheGOAT: Would the NBA Live Draft be based on the actual NBA draft for the first year?
    Today at 07:48:03 PM