Author Topic: pitching for bats  (Read 2735 times)

Online OUDAN

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :LAL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Oklahoma:
    • :NYY:
    • View Profile
Re: pitching for bats
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
i am with dan, i have seen deals like this go through even since i have been here. I think its horrible that some trades are allowed and then the next one that does the samething gets vetoed. TC get it together and be CONSISTENT PLEASE. i know its a hard role to have but just be consistent and it wont be a big deal
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"People don't know what it means to be champions, Oklahoma invented it."
-Barry "The King" Switzer

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
-Coach Taylor

I hated every moment of training but I said, "Don't quit, Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion."
-Mohammed Ali

:win: 2014 FGM Champ
:win: 2015 Moneyball Champ
:win: 2015 Bush League Champ

Canada8999

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 01:03:12 PM »
i am with dan, i have seen deals like this go through even since i have been here. I think its horrible that some trades are allowed and then the next one that does the samething gets vetoed. TC get it together and be CONSISTENT PLEASE. i know its a hard role to have but just be consistent and it wont be a big deal

Unfortunately you don't get to vote on your own trades  :toth:

I think the TC is saying if Ried speaks up and clarifies that he understands the scoring, understands the value between pitchers and MI's and is still in favor of this trade, they'll let it go through.  But just like with other trades the TC had concerns with, he NEEDS to make such a post otherwise it will be vetoed (consistency). 

I think requesting new GM's to give justification on their first few trades makes sense even if they're not questionable, just so we can gain the confidence in them to let them make moves in the future that others might see as questionable.  Also, has it been 2 weeks since Reid took over the Rockies, or are we no longer implementing that rule?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daniel

• MVP
    • :LA:
    • :UCLA:
    • :LIV:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 01:31:06 PM »
Unfortunately you don't get to vote on your own trades  :toth:

I think the TC is saying if Ried speaks up and clarifies that he understands the scoring, understands the value between pitchers and MI's and is still in favor of this trade, they'll let it go through.  But just like with other trades the TC had concerns with, he NEEDS to make such a post otherwise it will be vetoed (consistency). 

I think requesting new GM's to give justification on their first few trades makes sense even if they're not questionable, just so we can gain the confidence in them to let them make moves in the future that others might see as questionable.  Also, has it been 2 weeks since Reid took over the Rockies, or are we no longer implementing that rule?

I had that rule somewhere in the back of my mind and didn't remember if it was still around. Was about to bring it up as well.

Daniel, regarding your comments, we have not yet voted against the trade, we have just asked guru pertinent questions because since he is new he may not be aware of how the league functions. He needs to read the comments and reply in order for us to be able to vote on the trade.

Dan, I believe no trade has ever happened in the league in which a top MI with such a favorable contract is traded for a top SP with a regular contract. If you remember any, please post it so we can have it as a reference. Also, it is not a matter of whether it is vetoable or not yet. It is a matter of whether reid understands the scoring system and the value of players of this league since he has just taken over.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Franchise GM: Toronto Blue Jays

Offline Orange Country

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 1281
    • :TEN:
    • :MEM:
    • :NAS:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 01:43:53 PM »
Wow, I've never seen a trade so heavily analyzed that is fair on paper. After reading the posts before mine here, I wonder about Peds knee and can he stay healthy? He has been mired in a crap season and its debatable whether he can be even healthy going forward. Grienke is more expensive and I do lose a valuable MI bat. I am torn on what to do in this trade as I hear everyone else saying hitters are more valuable than pitchers. I have not checked up on this no as I did not know. That tells me the scoring system should be more balanced, but that's an argument for another day. Colby picked me for a reason and the team I took over is elite. I did say i would not jump the gun and the other offers besides this one would have done just that. I consider myself a good trader, but when a fair trade gets critiqued in a league where the passion and activity is borderline ridiculous which is awesome lol tells me that I need to think things thru more. I have decided after typing this short novel that I will hang onto Peds for the time being. I hate backing out of an agreed trade and it makes me look like a wussy. However, I want the long term best interest of my team and the league to be above my ego and let this thru.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »
Daniel V there have been instances in the past where bats have been traded for pitchers. Both players are of elite pedigree. I was respondin to someone's post, don't know who, who said it should be vetoed. I agree that new GMs should have a little more protection so to speak until they get a full grasp of the league. But zack was quite the commodity after 2009, so to say there is a tremendous value discrency between the two players is untrue...that is all i was getting at. If reid felt his team was lacking another ace, and felt pedroia was disposable-he doesn't- but if he did i don't think i could disagree with him, if that is his opinion. And Howe, all due respect, u gave up the rockies, if you are going to chime in everytime reid makes a move, then you should have stayed put. Just saying.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online OUDAN

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »
THIS IS BULLCrap! everyone making him second guess himself god just wait til u guys have a slightly debated trade. we need to make some changes to the TC nothing is consistent with it!

guru i will add in a MI to take peds place come on dont let them ruin our negotiations we can get this done

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Coach Taylor

I hated every moment of training but I said, "Don't quit, Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion."
-Mohammed Ali

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 03:35:50 PM »
we were just telling him because he is new and i think the TC is pretty consistent for the most part
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online OUDAN

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 03:37:36 PM »
i disagree i have seen trade like this one go through in the month or so i have been on here. it seems to me its all about who gets what they want as to if the veto it sorry guess i just need to vent since guru and i were BOTH happy with this deal
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Coach Taylor

-Mohammed Ali

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 03:40:11 PM »
i know but since he is new they were just making sure he knew that a pitcher has less value than a hitter
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online OUDAN

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 03:41:08 PM »
to late now, thanks guys  :soapbox:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Coach Taylor

-Mohammed Ali

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Whoever takes over that expansion gets to name the team.
    Yesterday at 11:07:01 PM
  • Daddy: Probably four years before the actual NBA does it. To hell with 2028.
    Yesterday at 11:07:53 PM
  • Braves155: Las Vegas Gold Diggers
    Yesterday at 11:08:26 PM
  • Daddy: I dig it
    Yesterday at 11:10:25 PM
  • Bigdon: I am chicago right
    Yesterday at 11:29:29 PM
  • Daddy: Sign up Bigdon. Chicago is gone already.
    Yesterday at 11:36:50 PM
  • Daddy: NBA LIVE [link] Pre-reserved sign up
    Yesterday at 11:37:29 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill switch for Vegas if he wants the bulls
    Yesterday at 11:39:17 PM
  • Daddy: Sounds good
    Yesterday at 11:43:59 PM
  • Daddy: I knew Vegas would be tempting :rofl:
    Yesterday at 11:44:25 PM
  • Daddy: He still needs to select NCAA
    Yesterday at 11:44:40 PM
  • Daddy: You get to name them sir. NBA LIVE will start with an expansion draft, followed by the rookie draft.
    Yesterday at 11:45:39 PM
  • Daddy: Vegas will get the #1 pick :toast:
    Yesterday at 11:46:07 PM
  • Daddy: Super Sonics #2 pick (insert eye emoji)
    Yesterday at 11:46:44 PM
  • Daddy: All subject to trade before the draft of course.
    Yesterday at 11:47:03 PM
  • Brent: With an expansion draft, does that mean we select x number of players on our roster to protect?
    Yesterday at 11:47:51 PM
  • Brent: Also, I might have missed it, but will it be a H2H cats or points league?
    Yesterday at 11:48:39 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent yes & @Brent CATs
    Yesterday at 11:49:36 PM
  • Daddy: It will all be in the handbook as per usual.
    Yesterday at 11:50:04 PM
  • Daddy: Think MLB LIVE hoop style only not quite as deep scoring in basketball.
    Yesterday at 11:51:08 PM
  • Daddy: We are trying something thats never been done to our knowledge.
    Yesterday at 11:53:06 PM
  • Brent: I like it.
    Yesterday at 11:54:07 PM
  • Daddy: No other basketball league in the world has a Vegas NBA team. Till tonight.
    Yesterday at 11:54:13 PM
  • Daddy: I thought you might. :)
    Yesterday at 11:54:45 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah got to figure a solid name out for it
    Yesterday at 11:55:35 PM
  • Daddy: Had a few good suggestions. Just dont be corny.. this represents all of us.
    Yesterday at 11:57:03 PM
  • Daddy: We are the first to give Vegas a suggestion. Lets let it be a good one. Make them take notice.
    Yesterday at 11:57:48 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah will research it a bit
    Yesterday at 11:57:58 PM
  • Daddy: One of the NHL signup sheets has 68k views? Thats ridiculous. Where all these people at? We should have 20k leagues.
    Today at 12:00:38 AM
  • Rhino7: I used to use Las Vegas Vipers as a team name
    Today at 12:04:13 AM
  • Daddy: NHL & NCAA have 100k views on the bullpen. Nobody ever looked at that thing. There should be a few more new accounts no? I mean what they looking for. Its a sign up sheet.
    Today at 12:04:17 AM
  • Daddy: Vipers works for me if it does you. Kinda goes with the logo i gave them.
    Today at 12:05:04 AM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah writing down the names sent out and adding a few I find/think of like Las Vegas Legacy and then will narrow them down
    Today at 12:06:47 AM
  • RyanJames5: Can I take the Sonics?
    Today at 12:07:14 AM
  • Brent: Vipers is cool.
    Today at 12:08:08 AM
  • Daddy: Yes sir
    Today at 12:08:19 AM
  • Daddy: I will tentatively put the Vipers until we launch fantrax
    Today at 12:08:59 AM
  • RyanJames5: Very fun idea to expand.
    Today at 12:09:36 AM
  • Daddy: Indeed sir, indeed. What College RJ?
    Today at 12:10:11 AM
  • RyanJames5: Gonzaga
    Today at 12:13:00 AM
  • Daddy: Roger that Zags
    Today at 12:14:13 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: im excited for this a properly run nba dynasty from scratch
    Today at 12:15:51 AM
  • RyanJames5: Thank you sir
    Today at 12:15:59 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: this is my first LIVE that i sstarted from beginning and didnt take over
    Today at 12:16:16 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: NHL and NBA excited to start those from scratch
    Today at 12:16:59 AM
  • Daddy: All the leagues are well run, we just have different ideas.
    Today at 12:17:35 AM
  • Daddy: There is nothing like virgin teams that nobody else has been into. You get to inherit todays rosters. Then take them into the future.
    Today at 12:18:36 AM
  • Daddy: Usually taking over a team is inheriting someones mess which is why it was open. In startup leagues that isnt an issue.
    Today at 12:19:25 AM
  • Daddy: I forgot to text Brian. :doh:
    Today at 12:21:02 AM
  • Daddy: NBA LIVE Pre-Reserve sign up sheet [link] updated!
    Today at 02:31:32 AM