Author Topic: PDH Questions & Answers  (Read 20863 times)

Offline Vik

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :TOR-NHL:
    • :LaSalle:
    • :TOR-MLS:
    • View Profile
Re: PDH Questions & Answers
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2021, 06:05:00 PM »
Regarding IR and LTIR:

What's the rule on how players should be removed from IR/LTIR.  If a player is healthy and playing, will mod's force the player from injured status?  Or is the GM allowed to keep a healthy player in IR/LTIR indefinitely?

Good question, guess it is not stated but the most logical thing is everyone has to activate player when healthy within a reasonable time (thinking 3 or 4 days) and make necessary move if needed. Hoarding healthy guys on IR is not really fair though regular IR does always still require having cap space.

Will send PM about this so we are all on same page.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2021, 06:58:17 PM »
Good question, guess it is not stated but the most logical thing is everyone has to activate player when healthy within a reasonable time (thinking 3 or 4 days) and make necessary move if needed. Hoarding healthy guys on IR is not really fair though regular IR does always still require having cap space.

Will send PM about this so we are all on same page.

With an unlimited IR we gotta enforce some reasonable timeframe. I do an annual audit in DNHL. Allowing members to leave healthy players there until the end of the year. Though that won't really work here with unlimited IR spots. There will be too much stashing.

I would say go for a 1 week limit (real time) or played 3 games, then the player must be activated.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Vik

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2021, 08:15:05 PM »
With an unlimited IR we gotta enforce some reasonable timeframe. I do an annual audit in DNHL. Allowing members to leave healthy players there until the end of the year. Though that won't really work here with unlimited IR spots. There will be too much stashing.

I would say go for a 1 week limit (real time) or played 3 games, then the player must be activated.

No real issue here. Went lower intially 3-4 days as a pfefered time, if at times team needs up to week or so to decide it's cool. I'm thinking even with a wierd season, I still can't see too posting crazy IR moves all the time to be an issue and odds are if you IR someone he still out multiple games, if not weeks.

If this doesnt work for whatever reason can change, but think we should be good.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jlapo11

• MVP
    • :Blank:
    • :STL-NHL:
    • :MON-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2021, 08:05:22 AM »
Can we promote a minor To occupy an IR spot and return him in minor when the IR player is back
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Vik

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2021, 02:19:44 PM »
Can we promote a minor To occupy an IR spot and return him in minor when the IR player is back

Yes this is fine, just wondering if we need to enforce cap hit or not. By the current rules it says all IR players count for cap but I am leaning on allowing minors on IR with no cap hit. I was actually going to move Isaac Ratcliffe to IR for my minors just wasn't fully sold 1 way or another on cap and I got no cap if we are counting it.

Any other thoughts on this? 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jlapo11

• MVP
    • :STL-NHL:
    • :MON-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2021, 02:33:26 PM »
No problem to count against the cap since most of our minors are 0.5k. We should be allowed  to use minors to replace an NHL IR and return him after the IR is back. Should not count against the number of roster spots
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Vik

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2021, 02:55:34 PM »
No problem to count against the cap since most of our minors are 0.5k. We should be allowed  to use minors to replace an NHL IR and return him after the IR is back. Should not count against the number of roster spots

Oh I think my original response miss read your question, what I was referring to is an minor being injured and moving him to IR (this opens up minor spot only). I am fine to allow this but we will count the cap hit from minors to IR.

In terms of minor to replace NHL IR player, this is definitely allowed, same idea as signing a temporary FA and making a move to get back to 32 NHL players when IR player is back playing. Of course in this case you get NHL spot but the minor salary will always count, unless the NHL player is on LTIR then his cap space is used.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jmtrops

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :NE:
    • :TBL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2021, 02:16:58 PM »
Yes this is fine, just wondering if we need to enforce cap hit or not. By the current rules it says all IR players count for cap but I am leaning on allowing minors on IR with no cap hit. I was actually going to move Isaac Ratcliffe to IR for my minors just wasn't fully sold 1 way or another on cap and I got no cap if we are counting it.

Any other thoughts on this?
YES if he is promoted to the NHL even if he is on the ir count his cap hit per the rules
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DinkyCarsPlus

• Rookie
  • RC Cars & Fantasy Sports Addict
    • :IND:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2021, 01:58:31 PM »
I’d like to request to be added to the waiting list will take any team
Available would it be Contender or rebuild i’ll Be here for the long haul
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Proud Canadian 🇨🇦
Lover ❤️ of Poutine

Offline Vik

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2021, 07:49:05 PM »
I’d like to request to be added to the waiting list will take any team
Available would it be Contender or rebuild i’ll Be here for the long haul

As discussed, at the moment have you 2nd in line should we have openings down the line.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: @NHL LIVE we think we may be ready to open. You may post roster moves and/or trades as we work to refine our processing.
    May 29, 2024, 05:10:44 PM
  • Braves155: Daddy, has ProFSL hired you as a spreadsheet guru yet? Or you decline cuz it didn't include benefits?
    May 29, 2024, 08:08:34 PM
  • Daddy: All i get is abused. They keep me in the basement and force me to watch foot commercials.
    May 29, 2024, 08:37:26 PM
  • Brent: Well that brings back memories when I was on the ProFSL staff and paid.
    May 29, 2024, 08:58:08 PM
  • Daddy: ProFSL has to be established by having great product or at least different product. We had the same old members. "Get off my lawn" types wanting to run leagues that were identical to the others. If you want 100 of the same old guys never chatting and no guests on the site. We had how many years of that?
    May 29, 2024, 09:12:05 PM
  • Daddy: If running a league is so hard, How can i run 6 of them? At the same time.
    May 29, 2024, 09:14:11 PM
  • Daddy: No moderators, no leagues, no leagues no traffic, no traffic no staff, no staff no profsl.
    May 29, 2024, 09:15:25 PM
  • Daddy: Its not as easy to find moderators. And if you are a moderator to come up with start up league concepts and do all that manual work. It takes a rare breed.
    May 29, 2024, 09:17:27 PM
  • Daddy: LM is the most thankless and simultaneously the most selfless thing anyone can do in this space. Thats why people dont do it.
    May 29, 2024, 09:19:05 PM
  • Daddy: So... Im training more of them. Powerhouse Baseball is an example of that. There are more leagues coming.
    May 29, 2024, 10:10:31 PM
  • Daddy: In any LIVE league.. Post all relevant player information POS-NAME-CONTRACT
    Yesterday at 11:52:01 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE RFA or free drops can be name only
    Yesterday at 11:53:33 AM
  • Daddy: Trades = all information
    Yesterday at 11:53:57 AM
  • Daddy: Extensions = all information
    Yesterday at 11:54:26 AM
  • Daddy: FA postings = all information
    Yesterday at 11:54:50 AM
  • Daddy: And just like your 13yr old middle school child... Spelling does matter. Sorry.
    Yesterday at 11:55:23 AM
  • Daddy: When i get a check my name better be spelled right or i cant cash it. Same in LIVE.
    Yesterday at 11:56:22 AM
  • Daddy: NBA LIVE we are considering a draft to start like NHL LIVE has done. The expansion draft followed by the amateur draft.
    Yesterday at 12:02:51 PM
  • Daddy: No expansion in NHL but NBA has Seattle & Vegas franchises and 30 teams can protect 5 players each.
    Yesterday at 12:03:46 PM
  • Daddy: Teams can only lose one player via expansion draft.
    Yesterday at 12:04:17 PM
  • Daddy: When we do a league in any sport we do it BIG we do it RIGHT and we do it BETTER than anyone else. Or tell us who is better so that we may improve. To my knowledge, there are no leagues on Earth like LIVE.
    Yesterday at 12:06:13 PM
  • Daddy: Hate or Participate but there is no ignoring the truth.
    Yesterday at 12:07:33 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE GMs >> contracts that expired in 2023 we refer to as "RFA". Immediate decisions are required. Pay them or let them go.
    Yesterday at 01:04:44 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE GMs >> 2024 expiring contracts may now be extended, youve got all year for those.. but why wait? The price can only go up.
    Yesterday at 01:06:20 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE GMs >> resign values are found here [link] (scroll down)
    Yesterday at 01:07:45 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE GMs >> Your teams contracts can be found here [link] (click on your team logo)
    Yesterday at 01:09:39 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Yesterday at 06:45:08 PM
  • indiansnation: Bayard a ballers pm
    Yesterday at 06:54:02 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 06:57:52 PM
  • indiansnation: Bayareaballers pm
    Yesterday at 06:58:27 PM
  • indiansnation: braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 06:58:55 PM
  • indiansnation: Bayarea ballers back at u
    Yesterday at 07:21:45 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: back at u
    Yesterday at 07:27:41 PM
    Yesterday at 07:41:48 PM
  • Daddy: Pm Brian
    Yesterday at 07:46:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: pm brian
    Yesterday at 07:48:12 PM
  • Daddy: Facebook? Who has time for Fakebook? I dont even have a page. Just dont have time :agent: . What they be doing there? :rofl:
    Yesterday at 07:49:24 PM
  • Daddy: Tictoc has peoples brains mushy. They keep you scrolling. Then well. You get to keep scrolling. And in the end... More scrolling? People said video games made you dumb. :rofl:
    Yesterday at 07:51:54 PM
    Yesterday at 08:03:35 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: seen abt to posty
    Yesterday at 08:06:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: posted
    Yesterday at 08:07:10 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you got a NHL trade posted up. Did you trade in two leagues?
    Yesterday at 08:51:03 PM
  • Daddy: Oh nvm you made two NHL Trades
    Yesterday at 08:51:36 PM
  • Braves155: Already 2 deals Brian?
    Yesterday at 09:12:52 PM
  • Daddy: He needs help @Braves. Trade addiction hotline. He just doesn't love Fakebook or TicTok. Brian is addicted to trading.
    Yesterday at 09:39:23 PM
  • Daddy: "1-800-LIVEGMS" - is here for your addiction.
    Yesterday at 09:41:08 PM
  • Daddy: We got Fat traders... Skinny traders... We got wee little traders & Giant ego traders. Our slogan? "We be trading Crap nonstop".
    Yesterday at 09:43:18 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 10:13:45 PM
  • Braves155: Replied
    Yesterday at 11:00:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy message on fantrax
    Today at 02:29:05 AM