• :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
Re: IR
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 09:40:20 PM »
Proposed Rule:?

1 IR Spot - There will be 1 IR spot for any player whose injury will be greater then 1 month in length. 1 player can be called up from the minors without going the re-entry waiver system but when sending the player back down they must go through send down waivers.
or
1 player can be signed as a IR replacement from free agency. Once an IR replacement has been signed, they now enter into an IR contract, that will last until the IR has recovered enough to re-join his respective team in competition. Then the IR contract expires and the player can then be re-signed to an extension by the GM or released back to free agency.

Stipulation:
The player being recalled or going on IR contract must have a salary less then or equal to the player being put on IR.
Example
Sidney Crosby get put on IR his contract value is 8.7m therefore you can resign or call up a player up to that contract value. So say I have Crosby then put him on IR and I have Thornton in my minors. I can therefore recall Thornton to cover Crosby's spot until such time that Crosby returns from injury. Or I can sign a player in free agency up to 8.7m then designate them onto an IR contract.
Changes to this:
A player expected to miss at least 10 games and 24 days due to injury can be listed as a long-term injury (LTI).

Any changes need, let's stick with this rule as the baseline and make adjustments to it.
Like for example instead of being sent down as normal, through waivers, they could be dropped down free (which will not happen)
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Offline Tony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
  • I like hockey Eh!
    • :BUF:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 08:29:22 AM »
How about this:
-when you put a player on injury reserve he is done for the year, but you can bring a player  straight from your minor league team without going through re-entry or sign a free agent. We only play 15 players each day on a 25  man roster so that gives us at least 5 extra player even if a team has 5 goalies. Maybe the players salary would not count towards the cap after being placed on injury reserve or the team is responsible for half? Injuries are part of the game.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:49:40 AM by Tonyp0880 »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL:   2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :CHI-NHL:

2013-14  NHL Invitational Stanley Cup Champion :PIT-NHL:

Offline cho34

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 5
    • :Hawaii:
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 03:10:24 PM »
Changes to this:
A player expected to miss at least 10 games and 24 days due to injury can be listed as a long-term injury (LTI).

Any changes need, let's stick with this rule as the baseline and make adjustments to it.
Like for example instead of being sent down as normal, through waivers, they could be dropped down free (which will not happen)

Drew I agree with the IR rule, however I am trying to understand what you are trying to say. The words in bold ??
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »
Drew I agree with the IR rule, however I am trying to understand what you are trying to say. The words in bold ??
Just make adjustments to the rule proposed in question, no more proposing new IR rules but just make changes/edits to the proposed rule. Like for example in the proposed rule below:

Proposed Rule:?

1 IR Spot - There will be 1 IR spot for any player whose injury will be greater then 1 month in length. 1 player can be called up from the minors without going the re-entry waiver system but when sending the player back down they must go through waivers (Instead put they do not have to go done through waivers).
or
1 player can be signed as a IR replacement from free agency. Once an IR replacement has been signed, they now enter into an IR contract, that will last until the IR has recovered enough to re-join his respective team in competition. Then the IR contract expires and the player can then be re-signed to an extension by the GM or released back to free agency.

Stipulation:
The player being recalled or going on IR contract must have a salary less then or equal to the player being put on IR.
Example
Sidney Crosby get put on IR his contract value is 8.7m therefore you can resign or call up a player up to that contract value. So say I have Crosby then put him on IR and I have Thornton in my minors. I can therefore recall Thornton to cover Crosby's spot until such time that Crosby returns from injury. Or I can sign a player in free agency up to 8.7m then designate them onto an IR contract.

Or make additions to the rule but use it as a baseline for the IR Rule.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Offline cho34

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 5
    • :Hawaii:
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 03:36:55 PM »
Just make adjustments to the rule proposed in question, no more proposing new IR rules but just make changes/edits to the proposed rule. Like for example in the proposed rule below:

Or make additions to the rule but use it as a baseline for the IR Rule.

Ok agreed, should the rule be processed?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:54:14 PM by cho34 »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 04:06:21 PM »
Ok agreed, should the rule processed?
Just need approvals or more discussion whichever.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Offline Jesse

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 29
    • :NE:
    • :COL-NHL:
    • :TOT:
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 11:14:14 PM »
I like the 10 games or 24 days as the length, I don't think we should lose someone all year if they break a bone in the preseason and I think we should be able to replace him. I would like to see us to be able to call someone up and send them down without going through waivers. To make it fair I am thinking that the player that was called up to cover for an injury must be sent down as soon as the injured player plays his first game back. Then the player has to go through waivers. When a player is signed from free agency they must be placed in the minors or be released to free agency ( for free) within 24 hours of the injured player playing his first game back after injury. Thats my opinion
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:COL-NHL:

GO AVS GO

:COL-NHL:

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 02:30:10 AM »
I like the 10 games or 24 days as the length, I don't think we should lose someone all year if they break a bone in the preseason and I think we should be able to replace him. I would like to see us to be able to call someone up and send them down without going through waivers. To make it fair I am thinking that the player that was called up to cover for an injury must be sent down as soon as the injured player plays his first game back. Then the player has to go through waivers. When a player is signed from free agency they must be placed in the minors or be released to free agency ( for free) within 24 hours of the injured player playing his first game back after injury. Thats my opinion
But you see my problem with that is I could maintain Cammy in the minors or any player and only call them up in case of an injury and basically have a free player to cover my ass if another player gets hurt and also save myself 6m in cap room. Now with 2 way contracts I could see this being easier.
It says in the CBA agreement posted early that players (plural) can be brought in to cover an IR player, so what I propose is in the case of calling up players is, you can call up players from your minors (be them on 1 or 2 way contracts) up to the cap hit of the injured player. But you still can't exceed the 25 player limit and the IR player doesn't effect your roster size and you can call up multiple players to cover a player. 1 way contracts still have to go through waivers down, 2 way are free obviously.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Miku

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 03:56:43 AM »
I think that we should be able to have multiple people on IR, if they are injured for a long period of time why should teams be forced to keep them on their main roster just because we already have 1 player on IR. Some teams have 5 or so players injured on their team and if even 3 of them are going to be injured for long periods of time then that is going to severely hurt his chances of winning games.

Also I don't like that teams will have a special IR player, right now as it is teams are capped out and have 3-4 players in their minor league list with 2-3 years left on their contracts, players worth 5-6 mil just sitting there being bench warmers and used as tokens when trying to make trades. These should be the players you guys are bringing up, they aren't doing anyone any good down there right now and this would give teams reasons to have two-way players and players in the minors worth that much more. Even if you are afraid of them getting picked up off waivers how many teams are going to have 5-6 mil cap room to be picking up players left and right when teams are getting injured players. Even right now they are just your backups anyways you shouldn't be that worried about losing them as you will probably be able to sign players just as good again in the FA market once the season ends again anyways. This will make two-way players, draft picks, minor league spots, and those guys you have as bench warmers worth that much more which is something I would like to see. It would also give teams chances to claim them instead of them just sitting on your bench for the next two years.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Braves155: Already 2 deals Brian?
    Yesterday at 09:12:52 PM
  • Daddy: He needs help @Braves. Trade addiction hotline. He just doesn't love Fakebook or TicTok. Brian is addicted to trading.
    Yesterday at 09:39:23 PM
  • Daddy: "1-800-LIVEGMS" - is here for your addiction.
    Yesterday at 09:41:08 PM
  • Daddy: We got Fat traders... Skinny traders... We got wee little traders & Giant ego traders. Our slogan? "We be trading Crap nonstop".
    Yesterday at 09:43:18 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 10:13:45 PM
  • Braves155: Replied
    Yesterday at 11:00:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy message on fantrax
    Today at 02:29:05 AM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Today at 09:08:41 AM
  • TheGOAT: Are you posting jmntl?
    Today at 10:42:38 AM
  • TheGOAT: nevermind
    Today at 10:46:33 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Which 2025 1st is being moved? Im assuming Detroit original
    Today at 10:53:10 AM
  • TheGOAT: I believe it is the Detroit's original one
    Today at 11:05:54 AM
  • jmntl82: Yeah the original
    Today at 11:24:30 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Roger
    Today at 11:54:51 AM
  • Daddy: Welp... There goes my draft picks boyz. Hit me up next year. :)
    Today at 12:45:22 PM
  • jmntl82: Is there a trade addiction meeting somewhere I can sign up for?
    Today at 01:02:23 PM
  • jmntl82: It has been one hour ish since my last trade
    Today at 01:02:36 PM
  • Daddy: Looking at our recent transactions you too need therapy. The trade addiction pandemic is real.
    Today at 01:04:51 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Lmaoo I think I got the case of briantradeitis
    Today at 02:38:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: After what Ive been doing in NHL live
    Today at 02:38:18 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around all day. Will be on the SS later doing some matching but always around
    Today at 02:39:13 PM
  • Daddy: We havent hit the official start date but NHL LIVE is up and running, fully functional with 28 pre-signed owners. Weve got 4 open teams despite over 100,000+ views on just the bullpen sign up sheet.
    Today at 02:46:34 PM
  • Daddy: Once teams are gone, they are gone.
    Today at 02:47:29 PM
  • Daddy: Focus now goes to NCAA LIVE >> NBA LIVE >> NCAA Hoops LIVE
    Today at 02:48:24 PM
  • Daddy: Thats 160 teams in case you were wondering. Across 2 sports. Impossible? Just watch.
    Today at 02:49:56 PM
  • OUDAN: Soooooo ready for NCAA and NBA. Ive never been in an NCAA league that worked but I trust you
    Today at 03:00:41 PM
  • Daddy: And i will not let you down sir. On my everything i will not let you down. :toth:
    Today at 03:34:14 PM
  • Bigdon: Has nba live started yet
    Today at 04:45:48 PM
  • Daddy: You will see it in fantrax once it starts. We are at the "pre" signup stage. Just got the boards up.
    Today at 04:50:52 PM
  • Daddy: Setting up leagues from scratch takes a little time. Took a few months to get NHL set up correctly and operational.
    Today at 04:52:25 PM
  • Daddy: MLB & NFL were switch over leagues. They already had most of the structures in place. NHL is the first true LIVE league done from scratch.
    Today at 04:53:51 PM
  • STLBlues91: When do you need Vegas name for NBA Live?
    Today at 04:56:01 PM
  • Daddy: When i set up fantrax. Need the name and logo by then. Seattle was easy. Vegas we are on our own.
    Today at 04:58:58 PM
  • Daddy: So by July 1
    Today at 04:59:31 PM
  • Daddy: NBA is "easiest" of all of the leagues to set up and moderate.
    Today at 05:00:09 PM
  • Daddy: NHL watch a bitch. All those dudes. I know about guys playing hockey in Iceland now. Too much information.
    Today at 05:00:53 PM
  • Daddy: Was a bitch :rofl:
    Today at 05:01:10 PM
  • Daddy: I know about 16 year old hockey players now. It was a great learning experience. I thought i knew hockey.
    Today at 05:03:59 PM
  • Daddy: Huge NHL LIVE trade. The first BLOCKBUSTER
    Today at 05:59:00 PM
  • Daddy: Connor McDavid comes to Broad St. :)
    Today at 05:59:23 PM
  • Daddy: Lead us great Connor. Lead us to Dynasty Glory. :win: im counting on you eh.
    Today at 06:00:31 PM
  • Bigdon: Nba live i.have chicago that's awesome thanks
    Today at 06:02:13 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy its 5pm and the flyers still suck
    Today at 06:02:47 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah but my Flyers suck with Connor McDavid.
    Today at 06:04:15 PM
  • Daddy: Dont hate me cuz im beautiful.
    Today at 06:04:34 PM
  • Daddy: After a blockbuster trade, you know the feeling. I could get hit by thrown monkey poop right now and im still smiling while i eat a banana.
    Today at 06:06:48 PM
  • Daddy: Who you got? Isnt Sidney Crosby coaching team Canada in the upcoming Olympics?
    Today at 06:07:44 PM
  • Daddy: Ever seen Harlem Knights Brian? "" Dddddon't ttttake thththis Aaaaasssss whupin Ppppersonal" -Jack Jenkins
    Today at 06:12:51 PM
  • Daddy: [link] for you. :)
    Today at 06:14:34 PM
  • STLBlues91: @Daddy can you check the message I just sent. Quick question
    Today at 09:14:25 PM