Author Topic: Potential Minor Roster Increase  (Read 793 times)

Offline Ric_2227

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :TOR-NHL:
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Minor Roster Increase
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 12:34:02 PM »
I think we should stick with 30. You have to evaluate the players in the minor and drop some of them or trade your draft picks to ensure you don't go over the limit.
It will also keep up the value of draft picks and should increase the quality of the choices we are face with in the draft.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jmtrops

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :NE:
    • :TBL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 03:15:42 PM »
I think we should stick with 30. You have to evaluate the players in the minor and drop some of them or trade your draft picks to ensure you don't go over the limit.
It will also keep up the value of draft picks and should increase the quality of the choices we are face with in the draft.
for me what will happen when the teams are about at the minor limit the value for 1st and 2nd rnd pix goes up and the later pix become almost worthless because those are the pix that need time to develop and no one will have the space to let them do that. yes 30 seems like it should be enough but its not. In backyard we have a 30 player minors and a 5 round draft and its not really enough if you want to let your pix have the time to develope and thats with 5 rounds. we have 7 and I know with the 30 minor guys I have I dont see myself cutting any of them to draft 7 guys next year.

anyways I think it would be a good change from the other leagues if we can have well developed minor leagues. since we have RFA here that the other leagues dont have so I dont think restricting minor leagues and get a few extra FA because of it is worth it
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Vik

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :LaSalle:
    • :TOR-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2021, 04:04:19 PM »
Nice to have a healthy discussion here. Discussion is more important than poll for sure, I just figured getting a poll initially helps get a quick sense of where everyone stands but those are not firm options especially with feedback so far. For now I want to say no decision will be imminent either way, as I see both sides and taking into account what is best for league health. Unlike playoff change, which I think I am more set on with my last post, here we can take more time for sure. Maybe in the coming weeks right around when season starts I can a new poll with additional options brought up and ultimately decide among those. Ultimately no impact until next offseason at the earliest anyway.

I do realize not everyone might be happy with decision 1 way or another and that is totally fair and expected. Since I knew some would oppose increase in general, was thinking maybe only doing so in 2 years would be a fair compromise as it would allow for more time to adjust and less of a immediate impact on picks (though I think making picks more valuable can't hurt). I will say, I do also like the 7 spot increase starting next year and going from there on a year to year bases.

Backyard is a good example brought up to show differences because there it is very difficult to actually improve your minors with bidding not allowed on guys with zero NHL experience. Specs can only be obtained through draft or bid on eventually when they make their NHL debut and as such less spots makes a lot more sense. If you trade picks you are stuck with a weak minors for most part in BY. With our setup not only do we have full 7 rounds of picks but the fact we can then also bid RC via FA opens up many ways to build minors, so my thinking was no harm in giving more wiggle room to wait on some guys you would otherwise be forced to drop. Even with a increase of say 5-10 spots there will still be plenty of tough decision to be made. Also you really never know who will actually pan out but having a little more room to wait on some guys who are 2-3+ years away and question marks in terms of what they become doesn't hurt. I am sure most of us see upside and like potential in all our minors which is why we own who we own, but how many will become true stars is anyone's guess in in a few years we will all have guys we held for a while that will never even make it up. My thinking is why not allow for a few more spots for long shots but within reason (I agree a huge increase especially immediately is also not way to go).
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted like:
jmtrops,
No reactions

Offline Rob

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2021, 04:10:35 PM »
Good stuff.  Glad to hear the poll is not binding.  If a majority of the league agrees with a change then we should implement that change.  But I do prefer to see topics like this hashed out like we are now - so that the voters understand all the intricacies, positives and negatives to both paths, before they cast their vote.  In lieu of casting a kneejerk vote without really considering the full extent of the change. 

funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted like:
jmtrops,Vik,
No reactions

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• MVP
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2021, 11:17:23 PM »
I don't think the value of our draft picks is ever going to depreciate if the minors stay at 30.  Every player in the NHL draft will be in our draft each year.  If there are good players in that there will be value for our picks.  Especially with half the NHL teams being represented here.  Our 7 rounds is just 3.5 of the NHL draft.

I echo Rob's sentiment that a smaller minor roster lets some guys slip through the cracks so to speak.  Maybe they aren't drafted, or maybe they are cut from one of our teams and then go on to have a breakout year.  It also reduces the hoarding and makes teams actual evaluate their players every year. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline Vik

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :LaSalle:
    • :TOR-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2021, 04:09:45 PM »
Realize this is still somewhat open topic for discussion.  At this point in time I am thinking we should stay at 30 and if anything implement an increase starting next year.

However, also open to further off season discussion and can easily get a new poll and/or proposal if there is enough support via feedback to make any changes this off season (for this specifically, but also always willing to listen to resonable rules changes in general)
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: They cant and wont keep them all beyond this year.
    April 26, 2024, 02:27:17 PM
  • Daddy: Plenty of Defense left. Only 9 guys on D got drafted last night. NONE of them will be 1st rd picks in LIVE. In fact i dont think a D player gets drafted at all in LIVE till round 3.
    April 26, 2024, 02:29:01 PM
  • Daddy: If you want a S or CB @BAB your Niners will get one.
    April 26, 2024, 02:30:45 PM
  • Daddy: If anyone questions the potency or quality of Colorado marijuana, i got two words for you. Bo Nix
    April 26, 2024, 02:32:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: lets see what we do today
    April 26, 2024, 06:15:44 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of great players remaining on the board
    April 26, 2024, 06:48:05 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Prospects rather
    April 26, 2024, 06:48:13 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Per my own eval at least
    April 26, 2024, 06:48:25 PM
  • Daddy: There are still +220 picks to be made. So. Yeah.
    April 26, 2024, 07:35:23 PM
  • Daddy: If you got ANY extra loot laying around. Pick #33 will definitely be a WR. Probably got to wager $5 to win $1 by now but the line was -400 last i looked.
    April 26, 2024, 07:36:50 PM
  • Daddy: #33 + WR = $$$
    April 26, 2024, 07:37:36 PM
  • Daddy: My guess Keon Coleman. I put it out there. Now im going to drink my crown and smoke a cigar. Rounds 2 & 3 begins in 10 minutes.
    April 26, 2024, 07:49:11 PM
  • Daddy: Damn im good
    April 26, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • Daddy: Only 12 offensive players were drafted in Round 2. All of them 1st rd NFL LIVE picks.
    April 26, 2024, 10:31:11 PM
  • Daddy: 63% of NFL Roster makeup  Are players drafted in rounds 4-7 or UDFA
    April 27, 2024, 01:05:08 PM
  • Alpha5: CBS's comp for Bo Nix is Josh Dobbs lol
    April 27, 2024, 03:01:57 PM
  • IndianaBuc: Maybe there’s hope for Zack after all.
    April 27, 2024, 03:13:10 PM
  • Alpha5: Trotter to the Eagles. That's pretty good @jwalker
    April 27, 2024, 03:58:11 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Nix will be their guy for at least a few years. He was picked 1.12. Zach wilson is fighting for his nfl life
    April 27, 2024, 04:35:18 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: @Alpha Trotter to eagles is a great story. Not sure it produces great results. We will see
    April 27, 2024, 04:35:42 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Zach wilson vs Jarrett Stidham camp battle for QB2. The suspense!
    April 27, 2024, 04:45:40 PM
  • Alpha5: Keon Colemans comp is Ja'Marr chase on CBS which is weird to me
    April 27, 2024, 05:19:09 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Nothing like having some depth guys on your NFL Live roster you believe in and watching his team draft a player at his position. Sometimes it happens twice. Stay strong NFL Live GMs lol
    April 27, 2024, 05:53:25 PM
  • Alpha5: Trey Benson picked crushed my Demarcado/Michael Carter hopes
    April 27, 2024, 06:12:44 PM
  • Alpha5: *pick
    April 27, 2024, 06:12:58 PM
  • Daddy: Dont think of it that way. So many guys get hurt. The NFL moves so fast. Think of your players as commodity even if they are backups or rookies that arent playing much.
    April 27, 2024, 06:16:20 PM
  • Daddy: Any player that plays at all has LIVE value. It's the GMs here that determine what that value means to them or is worth in a trade.
    April 27, 2024, 06:17:45 PM
  • Daddy: If a guy is on your team and he is also on an NFL roster. He has LIVE value.
    April 27, 2024, 06:19:21 PM
  • Daddy: How much do you love sports? How much do you love "your sport". Do you feel you could GM a franchise?
    April 27, 2024, 10:30:28 PM
  • Daddy: LIVE is a free league, better than any money league. That tests your ability to build a franchise. In a simulation setting more realistic than anything you are going to find.
    April 27, 2024, 10:31:51 PM
  • Daddy: Dont believe me? See for yourself.
    April 27, 2024, 10:32:08 PM
  • Daddy: Dont like me? So what
    April 27, 2024, 10:32:18 PM
  • Daddy: If you like sports and like dynasty. And you arent in LIVE... You aint hurting me none. You just wont know how good you really are. Pretending to be the best, isnt being the best.
    April 27, 2024, 10:33:55 PM
  • Daddy: The "best GMs" seek the best competition. Period.
    April 27, 2024, 10:38:07 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL Carolina Hurricanes welcome new owners MooseMan & GoForth :CAR-NHL: [link] :CAR-NHL:
    Yesterday at 01:44:14 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Here to talk
    Yesterday at 10:25:28 PM
  • dbreer23: PM Mt_Crushmore
    Today at 12:58:42 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Pm DBreer23
    Today at 01:30:41 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE updates are happening on fantrax and profsl.
    Today at 02:49:06 PM
  • Daddy: Check your profiles on each site and pms to be sure you are caught up but more updates are coming its a massive league and its a busy time.
    Today at 02:50:11 PM
  • Daddy: NFL/NCAA LIVE football commith.
    Today at 02:51:48 PM
  • Daddy: Recruiting begins June 1
    Today at 02:52:19 PM
  • Daddy: Draft is August 1
    Today at 02:52:40 PM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE Draft [link] one week after MLB Draft is set and locked in.
    Today at 02:55:01 PM
  • Daddy: Huge NFL LIVE trade up in the draft.
    Today at 03:35:50 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to both teams
    Today at 03:36:00 PM
  • Daddy: @Sky welcome back to profsl. @indiansnation @Brent are two GMs that i know remember you on site. There are probably many others. Big time return. :toast:
    Today at 06:05:28 PM
  • Sky: :) Thanks Daddy! You pulled me back in lol
    Today at 06:58:51 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for any talks
    Today at 08:16:52 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Vegeta100 PM'D you.
    Today at 09:51:48 PM