Author Topic: Rules: Rosters, Schedule, & Scoring  (Read 2241 times)

chrisetc21

Rules: Rosters, Schedule, & Scoring
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:42:02 PM »
Roster Configurations

Each organization shall consist of a 25-man active roster, a 40-man reserve roster, and minor league rosters (AAA, AA, A Advanced, A, A Short Season, Rookie).

To start off the league, each organization inherits the players and their contracts in Major League Baseball and Minor League Baseball as of May 21, 2011. The Commissioner’s Office will provide organizations with their list of players.

Minor league organization affiliations will not change in this league if they change in Major League Baseball.

Each team is limited to 20 promotions to 40man during a period between 1 week AFTER start of season to 1 week BEFORE start of playoffs.

25‐Man Active Roster

The 25-man active roster consists of the 25 players who will accumulate statistics. It is to consist of the following positions:

(2) Catchers

(1) First baseman

(1) Second baseman

(1) Shortstop

(1) Third baseman

(1) Corner infielder

(1) Middle infielder

(1) Leftfielder

(1) Centerfielder

(1) Right fielder

(1) Outfielder

(5) Starting pitchers

(6) Relief pitchers

(1) Any batter

(1) Any pitcher

All 25 players are active and accumulate statistics. There may not be fewer than 25 players active.

The Commissioner's office has the power to make promotions to assure roster minimums are met. 

Note

Having all 25 players accumulate statistics closely simulates MLB as MLB teams use their bench players throughout the games as well.

40‐Man Reserve Roster

The 40-man reserve roster is to consist of the 25-man active roster and (15) fifteen additional players at any position. Any of the players on the 40-man reserve roster may be placed on the 25-man active roster and vice-versa at any point during the year. Players on the 40-man reserve roster, but not the 25-man active roster do not accumulate any statistics.

The (15) additional players must occupy a position in a minor league team as well.

AAA Roster

The maximum roster size is 24 players.

AA Roster

The maximum roster size is 24 players.

Advanced A Roster

The maximum roster size is 25 players.

A Roster

Short‐Season A Roster

Rookie League Rosters

The lowest level your team has will have a limit of 30 players.

The commissioner’s office has the right to release any players that need to be if restrictions have not been met.

Disabled List

Any player may be placed on the Disabled List (DL) if they are placed on the DL in Major League Baseball. Any player on the 15-day DL must remain on the 40-man roster, but anybody on the 60-day DL may be removed from the 40-man roster without penalty. Players on the 60-day DL are not counted against any roster limits.

Placement of players on disabled lists must be announced on the Transactions forum.

Note

This is required so the Commissioner’s Office can adjust the roster counts accordingly.

www.mlb.com will be used as the basis of DL information for players placed on 60-day DL.

Players will need to be removed from the 60-day DL once they are in real life. Transactions to accommodate this will need to be made.

Waivers

Unconditional Release Waivers

If a 40 man roster player is placed on Unconditional Release Waivers, any other organization may choose to claim him. If claimed, the new team will inherit the player’s contract in its entirety. If no team claims him, he will become a free agent and the remainder of the contract will be paid in full by the waiving organization. Other organizations have 48 hours to make a claim.  When placing a claim on multiple players the claim process will move in the order they are listed in the claim one player at a time.  The claims will be processed in chronological order of when the claim was made.

Minor league releases will become free agents immediately.

Irrevocable Outright Waivers

A team that wishes to remove a player from the 40-man roster and place him in the minor league system first needs to place him on irrevocable outright waivers. The team may not pull him back if another team claims the player. Other organizations have 48 hours to make a claim.  If the organization does not specify the type of waivers, this is the default.

NOTE- Any player won in a claim may not be traded until 1 month after winning the claim.

Waivers Priority Order

During the season the order in which organization may claim players off waivers is by current winning percentage (as seen in the combined standings on fantrax), beginning with the lowest. Waivers during the off-season will use the previous season’s winning percentage rotating when an organization makes a waiver claim.

Revocable Major League Waivers

Teams may place player up to 7 players onto Revocable Major League Waivers from August 1st to the 31st. If a player isn’t claimed, his club may trade him to any club they would like through noon on August 31.

If the player IS claimed, there are 3 different things that might happen:

1. The two teams have 48 hours to get a trade worked out. If they can’t get a deal done, the

team will have the following options:

2. The player’s team may elect to revoke the claim and keep their player.  If claim is revoked player cannot be passed through revocable waivers again for the remaining of the season.

3. The player’s team may elect to allow the claiming club to take the player (and their remaining contract)

Note

Waiver order will be determines by position in the standings, starting with the worst and ending with the best.

Position Eligibility

A batter is eligible at a position if he appeared at that position in 20 games the previous year or 10 games in the current year. A pitcher is eligible as a starting pitcher if he started 5 games the previous year or 3 games in the current year. A pitcher is eligible as a relief pitcher if he made 8 relief appearances in the previous year or 5 relief appearances in the current year.

Schedules

Regular Season

The week will begin on Monday and end on Sunday. Regular season will end with 4 weeks left in the MLB season.

Playoffs

Ten teams will make the playoffs, with five teams in each league. Each division winner will automatically advance to the playoffs and have a bye week. The teams with the next best records in each league (wild card) will play in a one-week playoff with the winner advancing.

Any ties will be broken by points scored.
If a second tie breaker is needed, head to head record will be used.

The team with the best record in each league will be matched up with the wild card team of that respective league. The other two teams will play each other in each league. The winner of each matchup will advance to the League Championship Series and play each other for the pennant.

Each round is single elimination. Each round will last one week.

World Series

The winner of each League Championship Series will advance to the World Series and face each other.  In the event of a tie, the team with the better regular season record is awarded the World Series title.

Scoring

The new scoring system will go into effect on 1/1/2015

Offense
1B        5.6
2B        8.5
3B        11.3
HR        15
AB        -1
BB        3
HBP      3
SB        1.9
CS        -2.8

Pitching
IP          7.4
SV         7
HLD       4
K           2
BB         -3
HBP       -3
H           -2.6
HR         -12.3

Defense
Because of the way Fantrax scores points outfielders are given a small bonus per plate appearance in place of scoring for assists.  This bonus was figured by taking the average number of OF assists per OF plate appearance over the past 6 seasons.

Pitcher
A       .531
E       -7.52
PO     1.109
Catcher
A       1.124
E       -9.75
PO     .086
First Base
A       .677
E       -12.68
PO     .07
Second Base
A       .263
E       -5.94
PO     .316
Third Base
A       .395
E       -3.71
PO     .89
Short Stop
A       .314
E       -2.48
PO     .405
Left Field
E       -19.92
PO     .317
PA     .136
Center Field
E       -16.33
PO     .235
PA     .169
Right Field
E       -18.17
PO     .299
PA     .143
Corner Infield
A       .566
E       -8.195
PO     .12
Middle Infield
A       .289
E       -4.21
PO     .361
Outfield
E        -18.14
PO      .284
PA      .149
Utility
A        .551
E        -7.01
PO      .12
PA      .025

Each head to head matchup is scored with the following point assignments for each statistic.

Offense

Total Bases: 1

Runs Scored 1

RBI’s: 2

Net Stolen Bases: 1

Strikeout: – 1

Sacrifice: 1

Fielding

Errors: -1

Put Outs: 0.2

Assists: 0.2

Pitching

Innings Pitched: 3

Hits Allowed: -1

Saves: 6

Blown Saves: -3

Holds: 6

Wins: 12

Losses: -5

Earned Runs: -2

Walks Allowed: -1

Strikeouts: 1

The team with the greatest number of points gets one win and the other gets one loss. In the event the scores are equal, a tie is awarded to both teams. Lineups can be set on a daily basis on the statistics tracking service Fantrax. The daily deadline for changes is set as 5 minutes before the 1st game of the day.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 07:00:23 PM by Maydab23 »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Mt_Crushmore: im nfl
    April 25, 2024, 04:47:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Understood BAB
    April 25, 2024, 05:00:25 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Always NFL Brian
    April 25, 2024, 05:00:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yepp
    April 25, 2024, 05:06:57 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Can't wait to see the madness
    April 25, 2024, 05:10:27 PM
  • Daddy: God im sooooooo busy today. Im trying to get errands and profsl done before the draft :doh:
    April 25, 2024, 06:05:24 PM
  • Daddy: There is no way but im gonna keep at it.
    April 25, 2024, 06:06:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: as long as u r here for draft
    April 25, 2024, 06:08:49 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Go pack go
    April 25, 2024, 07:26:45 PM
  • Daddy: I thought i had converted you to a Ram fan by now @janes (insert eye emoji)
    April 25, 2024, 07:35:47 PM
  • Braves155: Sup guys
    April 25, 2024, 07:35:57 PM
  • Daddy: NFL DRAFT second only to the NFL LIVE Draft in entertainment!
    April 25, 2024, 08:52:12 PM
  • Daddy: 8/1/24 8PM Change your NFL LIVE teams future with these guys right here!
    April 25, 2024, 08:52:53 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Plan on it.
    April 25, 2024, 09:25:23 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Interesting developments so far. If you need a QB in NFL Live. Plenty of them have 1st round pedigree
    April 25, 2024, 10:53:26 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE Draft Room [link] current picks, 2024 preview & history.
    April 25, 2024, 11:06:17 PM
  • Braves155: Daddy, what are your thoughts on the NFL Draft thus far?
    April 25, 2024, 11:34:39 PM
  • Braves155: Or anyone, what ya think?
    April 25, 2024, 11:35:07 PM
  • dbreer23: Vegeta100 PM
    April 25, 2024, 11:40:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of surprised tonight as expected. Offensive heavy. 6 QBs in the 1st. 7 WRs. Fun night
    Yesterday at 12:52:03 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of NFL Live implications. Cant wait to see it unfold. On to night 2
    Yesterday at 12:52:28 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i wish we took cooper Frick
    Yesterday at 01:05:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: we coulda waited on pearsall
    Yesterday at 01:05:12 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: as much as i do like him a bit cuz he was dceent at ASU and solid at UF
    Yesterday at 01:05:26 AM
  • Daddy: Who is cooper Frick? What position he play
    Yesterday at 02:57:55 AM
  • Brent: BAB, yeah, Cooper is a beast.
    Yesterday at 07:21:11 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy I was just expressing my displeasure that we passed on cooper dejean. I strongly felt cb was a bigger need or ol than wr
    Yesterday at 10:28:14 AM
  • Daddy: I get it
    Yesterday at 10:39:43 AM
  • Daddy: I dont understand everything i saw last night. The biggest winner to me was Gardner Minshew
    Yesterday at 10:40:41 AM
  • Daddy: Raiders, Atlanta both should have traded back if they were gonna do what they did. IMO
    Yesterday at 10:41:23 AM
  • Daddy: Atlanta could have fleeced Minny and let them draft JJ #6 then still get Penix before Denver/LV
    Yesterday at 10:42:24 AM
  • Daddy: Its like Brian is running the Raiders.
    Yesterday at 10:43:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: ya know what speaking of gardener I did trade for him this off-season
    Yesterday at 10:46:49 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I honestly wouldn't have minded pearsall but I saw him as a Rd 2 target not Rd 1. Great to see another former alumni join the niners.
    Yesterday at 10:48:21 AM
  • Daddy: 49ers made a smart pick IMO.
    Yesterday at 02:25:27 PM
  • Daddy: Their WRs need contracts and Deebo has been used a lot for a guy his size already.
    Yesterday at 02:26:18 PM
  • Daddy: They cant and wont keep them all beyond this year.
    Yesterday at 02:27:17 PM
  • Daddy: Plenty of Defense left. Only 9 guys on D got drafted last night. NONE of them will be 1st rd picks in LIVE. In fact i dont think a D player gets drafted at all in LIVE till round 3.
    Yesterday at 02:29:01 PM
  • Daddy: If you want a S or CB @BAB your Niners will get one.
    Yesterday at 02:30:45 PM
  • Daddy: If anyone questions the potency or quality of Colorado marijuana, i got two words for you. Bo Nix
    Yesterday at 02:32:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: lets see what we do today
    Yesterday at 06:15:44 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of great players remaining on the board
    Yesterday at 06:48:05 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Prospects rather
    Yesterday at 06:48:13 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Per my own eval at least
    Yesterday at 06:48:25 PM
  • Daddy: There are still +220 picks to be made. So. Yeah.
    Yesterday at 07:35:23 PM
  • Daddy: If you got ANY extra loot laying around. Pick #33 will definitely be a WR. Probably got to wager $5 to win $1 by now but the line was -400 last i looked.
    Yesterday at 07:36:50 PM
  • Daddy: #33 + WR = $$$
    Yesterday at 07:37:36 PM
  • Daddy: My guess Keon Coleman. I put it out there. Now im going to drink my crown and smoke a cigar. Rounds 2 & 3 begins in 10 minutes.
    Yesterday at 07:49:11 PM
  • Daddy: Damn im good
    Yesterday at 08:18:55 PM
  • Daddy: Only 12 offensive players were drafted in Round 2. All of them 1st rd NFL LIVE picks.
    Yesterday at 10:31:11 PM