* Cross-Court Dynasty

Boston Celtics Brooklyn Nets New York Knicks Philadelphia 76ers Toronto Raptors :: Denver Nuggets Minnesota Timberwolves Oklahoma City Thunder Portland Trailblazers Utah Jazz 
Chicago Bulls Cleveland Cavaliers Detroit Pistons Indiana Pacers Milwaukee Bucks :: Golden State Warriors Los Angeles Clippers Los Angeles Lakers Phoenix Suns Sacramento Kings 
Atlanta Hawks Charlotte Hornets Miami Heat Orlando Magic Washington Wizards :: Dallas Mavericks Houston Rockets Memphis Grizzlies New Orleans Pelicans San Antonio Spurs Blank

Author Topic: Rule change proposals for 2024/25 season  (Read 2684 times)

Offline jimw

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Re: Rule change proposals for 2024/25 season
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2024, 03:45:47 PM »
For the same reason they were eliminated moving forward.  They have created a large competitive imbalance in the league.  A team like yours would be fine since the cap has increased enough to cover it
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online OUDAN

• Legend
    • :DAL:
    • :LAL:
    • :Oklahoma:
    • :NYY:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2024, 03:54:47 PM »
I agree I will be fine, however you cant penalize someone for using the rules that were in place. For instance I dont trade for KD last year without the future payments.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"People don't know what it means to be champions, Oklahoma invented it."
-Barry "The King" Switzer

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
-Coach Taylor

I hated every moment of training but I said, "Don't quit, Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion."
-Mohammed Ali

:win: 2014 FGM Champ
:win: 2015 Moneyball Champ
:win: 2015 Bush League Champ

Offline Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • Veteran
    • :SA:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2024, 08:25:18 PM »
When we decided to eliminate new cash exchanges starting from 2024/25 season, it was also established that existing cash exchanges will not be touched.
Therefore we will not impose new rules to penalize teams that currently have positive cash exchanges on their balance sheet.

However, to further reduce the impact of previously agreed cash exchanges, we propose the following two solutions:
- in the 2025/26 season, each team will not be able to have more than one player with paid salary. It should be noted that in the 2025/26 season only 8 players will still have salaries paid and the highest payment will be $7.5m;
- in the upcoming 2024/25 season and only for this season, a cash bonus* will be introduced for teams that have no salaries paid in cash or a net salary payment amount of less than $1m.

*Cash bonus details. Teams that have no salaries paid in cash or a net salary payment amount of less than $1m in 2024/25 can apply for a 2024/25 cash bonus of up to $10 million in exchange for picks. The picks collected would then go to a pool for open teams to favor new owners and help rebuild these teams. The deadline to apply for the bonus is 6/30/24.

Cash bonus table:
- 10mn. A first round pick 2024
- 9mm. A first round pick 2025
- 8mn. A first round pick 2026.
- 3mn. A second round pick 2024
- 2.5mn. A second round pick 2025
- 2mn. A second round pick 2026.

For each team, the total 2024/25 cash bonus cannot exceed $10mn and no more than 2 second round picks can be moved
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 08:39:49 PM by Interpaga »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jimw

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2024, 09:18:33 PM »
I would say trading picks for extra cap room could hurt some struggling teams who might try it.

My thought was with the increased cap we are getting each season teams at the top could go without the benefit of being subsidized. If not for this season, at least next season. I can see that is not favorable to the top teams.

I thought then maybe extra money could be given to teams that didn't participate in the ponzi scheme or who found themselves on the losing end of it, but that too appears unfavorable to league management without teams having to pay for the privilege.

So I would say just leave it alone and we can see how competitive it might be a year from now. I don't want to see any bad teams make themselves worse by trading picks to sign FA that won't help them or by taking on bad contracts from the contenders to bail them out with increased cap.

I formally withdraw my ideas and hope that we don't trade picks for minimal cap space. I do appreciate that you have eliminated future cash exchanges, so thank you for that.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 10:14:16 PM by jimw »
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Brent,
No reactions

Offline Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2024, 05:21:49 AM »
I am sorry that the cash bonus proposal did not receive a positive reception.
While I would not recommend using it for a rebuilding team, some playoff teams might find it beneficial to offset potential salary discrepancies caused by existing cash exchanges during the upcoming season. Therefore, if at least 5 owners support the proposal, we will move forward with it (any team in favor of the proposal can post here or use the poll to vote, only owners with no salary paid on their balance sheet can vote). Otherwise, the proposal will not be implemented.

Regarding the 2025/26 limitation on number of players with salary paid, this rule will go into effect in the 2025/26 season without the need for further approval.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 05:30:05 AM by Interpaga »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2024, 08:02:30 AM »
Several significant changes have been made recently to CCD to promote the competitiveness and the balance of the league as well as the activity and engagement of the members:
- Removal of new cash exchanges
- All seasons salary cap compliance
- Launch of the in-season tournament with a format that favors rebuilding teams
- Creation of a dedicated league chat
- Advancement of the contract renewal deadline before the playoffs (season 2024/25)
- Limit to the number of players with cash exchanges (season 2025/26)

Also thanks to some of these changes, several top teams are approaching the salary cap limit and will face challenges in improving their rosters due to the reduced flexibility imposed by the restrictions. This opens up opportunities for other teams to bridge the gap and compete for championships, as some teams already demonstrated last season. Anyway it will take some time for some changes to have full effect and for some teams to rebuild.

We remain committed to continuously improving the quality and competitiveness of the league. We welcome and encourage any feedback, suggestions, or proposals, such as those from jimw, that can make CCD better and further enhance the league experience for all members
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 09:45:31 AM by Interpaga »
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Brent,
No reactions

Offline Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2024, 05:40:44 PM »
In order to avoid teams trading away all their draft capital and to partially protect the rebuilding process of lottery teams, we are going to implement the following 3 new rules:
- introduction of Stepien Rule. A team cannot be without a own first round pick for more than two consecutive years. Basically, at any given time, a team must have at least 1 own first round pick in the next 3 drafts. This rule will take effect just after the upcoming draft;
- each trade posted must clarifies if the pick is protected or not;
- each first round pick traded 3 years out must have a top-5 protection. If the protection kicks-in, the team acquiring the pick would receive the first available first-round pick from the selling team in a subsequent year
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Interpaga

• League Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2024, 03:44:06 AM »
I am sorry that the cash bonus proposal did not receive a positive reception.
While I would not recommend using it for a rebuilding team, some playoff teams might find it beneficial to offset potential salary discrepancies caused by existing cash exchanges during the upcoming season. Therefore, if at least 5 owners support the proposal, we will move forward with it (any team in favor of the proposal can post here or use the poll to vote, only owners with no salary paid on their balance sheet can vote). Otherwise, the proposal will not be implemented.

Regarding the 2025/26 limitation on number of players with salary paid, this rule will go into effect in the 2025/26 season without the need for further approval.

The proposal for cash bonuses for the 2024/25 season was unsuccessful and will therefore not be implemented
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: You have to research now. We eliminated the rules that allow people to hijack prospects because they think you smart but they dont know chit.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:11 AM
  • Daddy: You cant hide or be a poser. You gotta post up your own FAs and prospect finds.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:51 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    April 30, 2024, 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    April 30, 2024, 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:17 AM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    April 30, 2024, 08:26:57 PM
  • Rhino7: You still in CCD?
    April 30, 2024, 09:21:41 PM
  • Braves155: No
    April 30, 2024, 10:44:49 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Hey Braves155:
    April 30, 2024, 10:47:47 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE has 44 teams declared. Great teams are available like Florida, Cal, Utah major college football programs are still available.
    Yesterday at 03:09:53 PM
  • Daddy: Sign up [link] to claim your favorite college program. Recruiting begins 6/1/24 @8PM EST
    Yesterday at 03:10:42 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE season update posts on profsl (individual posts) 2021=601 views >> 2022=690 views >> 2023=5000k views (insert eyes emoji)
    Yesterday at 05:00:29 PM
  • Daddy: Profsl aint TikTok. You post something here and it gets 5k views in a few months, thats major interest gents.
    Yesterday at 05:03:47 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for ay talks in any of the leagues im in
    Yesterday at 06:54:02 PM
  • Daddy: Yall be sneaking these fast baseball trades on us. :) Congratulations to both GMs.
    Yesterday at 07:57:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: tryna stay competitive
    Yesterday at 08:18:31 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, still TBD if trading my best player will pay off in the long run.
    Yesterday at 10:19:59 PM
  • Daddy: Two more trades dropped simultaneously.
    Yesterday at 11:54:44 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to all four GMs :toth:
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • dbreer23: I'm getting too old to keep up with all of these trades.
    Yesterday at 11:58:35 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah MLB is insane this year.
    Today at 12:04:09 AM
  • Daddy: You could always go back to drinking... We dont mind a few liquor induced gremlins on the SS ;)
    Today at 12:06:49 AM
  • dbreer23: I think I'm on the wagon permanently. Haven't touched a drop in months. Wasn't a conscious thing, just sort of happened.
    Today at 12:08:42 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations sir. I think. Life's too short for me. My days are numbered.
    Today at 12:11:44 AM
  • dbreer23: Death comes for us all in the end...
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: if anything saving the drinks for the weekend
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: saving the drinks for weekend
    Today at 12:13:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: got two games
    Today at 12:13:17 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: going to the AHL playoff game mikwake admirals vs texas stars sat and then UTexas baseball vs oklahoma st sunday
    Today at 12:13:57 AM
  • Daddy: Death can kiss my no no zone.
    Today at 12:14:37 AM
  • dbreer23: :rofl:
    Today at 12:15:14 AM
  • Daddy: I smoke, i drink, im supposed to stop but i caint, i howl at the moon and bury my bone places its hard to dig it out of.
    Today at 12:29:22 AM
  • Daddy: If not for fantasy sports... Hmmm. I think i would be a male dancer. :)
    Today at 12:30:52 AM
  • Daddy: Another new trade just ruined a clean board. Lol  congratulations to both GMs :toth: looks like i can keep my dance outfit in the attic.
    Today at 12:40:22 AM
  • Daddy: Damn... She's a Biggun
    Today at 12:40:57 AM
  • Yeagg: That's why we made the trade. That outfit can stay hidden forever
    Today at 12:43:17 AM
  • Daddy: :rofl: :rofl:
    Today at 12:46:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i can deff say this has been the most active week in MLB live in a long while
    Today at 12:47:31 AM
  • Daddy: Season is a month old. Its been a busy month. Ask the professor.
    Today at 12:51:15 AM
  • Daddy: Thats the whole point. 30 teams 30 dudes running them. Everyday lurking & looking to build.
    Today at 12:52:50 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE we havent forgotten about you. (NCAA is just massive) We have brought in some heavy hitters in every sport. The competition and fun is what we are after. The NHL Draft is approaching.
    Today at 12:27:48 PM
  • Daddy: We will be drafting the same guys from the same draft order as the actual NHL Draft.
    Today at 12:28:18 PM
  • Daddy: Did i mention you inherited the actual teams? AHL rosters too :thumbsup:
    Today at 12:29:06 PM
  • snugerud: You lost me at 30 dudes lurking.  creeped me out.
    Today at 01:45:01 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah... Its like Pet Cemetery. (Insert ghastly music theme)
    Today at 01:55:49 PM
  • Daddy: Im like Pat McAfee without the money, success, likability or platform. Just out here loving sports and competition.
    Today at 02:04:02 PM