Author Topic: “Hmm...”  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
Re: “Hmm...”
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 03:47:21 PM »
Flash, I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and what you do for this league and for this site as a while. In no way am I ever trying to disrespect you or belittle you or the commissioner powers. The fact that you have lasted this long, implemented that many changes, and dealt with troublesome to downright awful GMs is a testament to your leadership abilities.

As League Manager I will have to respect what decision that you make because I know it will be for the good of the league and not a selfish attempt to help yourself.

That being said, all I am asking for is a vote on the rule with the GM's reasons on why that voted that way. If this idea is in the minority then I'll drop it because the health of the league is more important than getting what I want. :toast:

I don't know about y'all but I'm here for the long haul. I love this BooYah! .

Under Rules Committee Protocol any GM is welcome to initiate a referendum for a rule change by doing the following:

8.) Any GM in the league may propose a general referendum to be considered by the entire league if at least eight (8) member co-sponsor the referendum.  A referendum must receive at least 16 votes to be implemented—this would be a simple majority of 15 + 1.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline Anthony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 10000
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Minnesota:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 04:19:19 PM »
The draftees are going to get traded regardless, the 60 days are just delaying the inevitable. I don't think it protects any bad GM's from making moves outside of any added on in December/January.

I'm fine with whatever the best for the league. I feel as if my voice is the voice of the simplest route.

Note* not sure how easy this would be, but the rosters might benefit by instead of a "signed by" note next to players, a "Can't be traded until" instead. Simple aesthetic change might be all the change we need if it's decided.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 05:34:40 PM »
The draftees are going to get traded regardless, the 60 days are just delaying the inevitable. I don't think it protects any bad GM's from making moves outside of any added on in December/January.

I'm fine with whatever the best for the league. I feel as if my voice is the voice of the simplest route.

Note* not sure how easy this would be, but the rosters might benefit by instead of a "signed by" note next to players, a "Can't be traded until" instead. Simple aesthetic change might be all the change we need if it's decided.

Although I enjoy what I'm doing, adding a "draft date" is just something more I have to do.  Then when it expires I have to erase it.  No problem, just something more to do.  Seems like a blanket day, the end of the draft is something that is easy, but I guess not. 

As for protecting the league, I guess you're right.  Let's make it easier because it's going to happen anyway.  Seems logical. Let's clutter up the Transactions Board with trades that aren't going to be processed for 60 days and in the meantime, watch some GM spend money he doesn't have because he "forgot" that his cap was going to be affected by the impending 60 day trade.  I think it's a little more involved than simple aesthetics, but hey, I could be wrong. 

At this point, I guess the issue is mute and there is no way around it.  I will post the trades with the eligible date and let them sit around until they can be processed.  But, I'm going to stick to the original plan of the 60 day moratorium beginning at the end of the draft because I'm not going to go through each transaction to get a particular date.

FYI, the elimination of the 60 day moratorium was put up for a vote last year and it was defeated.  We did get rid of the June 1st prohibition, but the 60 day moratorium was upheld by those voting. 

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 10000
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Minnesota:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 06:32:57 PM »
Although I enjoy what I'm doing, adding a "draft date" is just something more I have to do.  Then when it expires I have to erase it.  No problem, just something more to do.  Seems like a blanket day, the end of the draft is something that is easy, but I guess not. 

As for protecting the league, I guess you're right.  Let's make it easier because it's going to happen anyway.  Seems logical. Let's clutter up the Transactions Board with trades that aren't going to be processed for 60 days and in the meantime, watch some GM spend money he doesn't have because he "forgot" that his cap was going to be affected by the impending 60 day trade.  I think it's a little more involved than simple aesthetics, but hey, I could be wrong. 

At this point, I guess the issue is mute and there is no way around it.  I will post the trades with the eligible date and let them sit around until they can be processed.  But, I'm going to stick to the original plan of the 60 day moratorium beginning at the end of the draft because I'm not going to go through each transaction to get a particular date.

FYI, the elimination of the 60 day moratorium was put up for a vote last year and it was defeated.  We did get rid of the June 1st prohibition, but the 60 day moratorium was upheld by those voting.

You already add a signed by date next to players, correct? Changing the wording wouldn't do much, but I don't do the spreadsheets so I'll defer to you there.

Also leaving the transactions on the board is the opposite of what I said. I proposed to remove the rule altogether. With some new members and new ideas, and the vote being close last year, worth another shot.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 06:53:24 PM »
You already add a signed by date next to players, correct? Changing the wording wouldn't do much, but I don't do the spreadsheets so I'll defer to you there.

Also leaving the transactions on the board is the opposite of what I said. I proposed to remove the rule altogether. With some new members and new ideas, and the vote being close last year, worth another shot.

Then you need to muster the necessary support for such a rule change if “worth another shot”.

Under Rules Committee Protocol any GM is welcome to initiate a referendum for a rule change by doing the following:

8.) Any GM in the league may propose a general referendum to be considered by the entire league if at least eight (8) member co-sponsor the referendum.  A referendum must receive at least 16 votes to be implemented—this would be a simple majority of 15 + 1.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline WestCoastExpress

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 07:19:27 PM »
Solid conversation. I see both sides of the coin here.

From my brief experience in MLB leagues, it seems like any drafted players we get, are usually years away from the MLB, are they not? At least 2 years, maybe more?

It's not like NFL or NBA where drafted guys, especially 1st rounders, jump right in and contribute. Or you at least know they're going to contribute something right away. It seems like it's more of "who knows what will happen" with these drafted players. Obviously if you're in the first round you have a pretty good shot at turning into something, but you're still a ways away.

As someone else said, if they're going to get traded, they'll get traded eventually anyways. I guess the only thing it's protecting from is if a new GM comes in (like me) during the draft and wants to make trades right away, then he/she will be within that 60-day period and can't do so. If a new GM comes in well after that, then it doesn't matter as much.

I get the point though of having trades made with cap implications, and having to wait it out that bleeds into FA and not knowing exactly how much cap a team has, unless they're really on top of things and paying attention to their cap.

Either way, I didn't mean to start a big fuss. I can already see that this league is very well run. Even the rules and headings are a lot neater and more organized than the ones I've made up for my leagues, and I'm pretty OCD, haha.

Would it be nice to make trades right away? Yeah sure. But hey I'm the new guy. Had I taken over in 2 months this would be a totally moot point anyways. Like I said in my post, I can wait 60 days for a trade to be voted on, it's not a big deal to me.
I think Flash took my comments the wrong way there (can never tell reading things online what tone the sentence is put in). I was pretty much saying it doesn't matter to me when the trade is voted on. Tomorrow, or in 60+ days, so long as it's before the MLB season (April) I'm cool with it.

All good here any way she goes :toast:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline ldsjayhawk

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :CLS:
    • :Kansas:
    • :SKC:
    • :KC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 08:19:47 AM »
Can I ask a question?

If the rule is that we cannot trade within 60 days, why are these trades not declared invalid?  It seems like this could start a bigger issue.  Say someone who has posted a trade and then wants to go back on it because it's still in the 60 day window.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
FGM :win: :SEA: 2017 + 2x AL West Div
BUSH AL :Bronze: :KC: 2021 + 4x AL Central Div
AFB AL :Bronze: :KC: 2012 + 1x Div
AFB NL :Bronze: :COL: 2018 + 2x Div

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2019, 11:12:47 AM »
Can I ask a question?

If the rule is that we cannot trade within 60 days, why are these trades not declared invalid?  It seems like this could start a bigger issue.  Say someone who has posted a trade and then wants to go back on it because it's still in the 60 day window.
Very good question. If I'm not mistaken that's what used to happen in such cases. Not sure when/how we changed.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2019, 12:19:04 PM »
After venting, and thinking about the ramifications of this issue, it seems like a definitive course of action is required.  We can’t keep dancing around the central issue and be satisfied with massaging something that is really an established rule within this league.  A player who is subject to a 60 day trade moratorium simply cannot be traded.  It doesn’t need to be a slippery slope, if a player cannot be traded for 60 days, then post-dating trades only circumvents the rule and makes a mockery of things.

The argument that they are rostered players and we should be be able to do with them as we please is not viable.  We have a variety of safeguards that monitor roster decisions, such as our Trade Committee, and the 60 day moratorium is simply another one.  With that, the argument that FYPD players will be traded regardless of any moratorium may be true, but they will have to wait to be traded until after the moratorium is lifted.

So I am going to remove the post-dated trades on the board and rule them invalid because they violate the spirit of the rule.  I will go through the list of FYPD draftees, give them a roster date, and repost all the ProFSL rosters, so there will be no question as to when they are available.

While this may not be a pleasant ruling for all, as the league moderator, I am entrusted with the responsibility of insuring we maintain a degree of stability.  I wavered for a bit, but I believe this is the proper course of action for FGM.  The recourse for those who disagree is to initiate a referendum.  Find 8 GMs who support changing the rule, create a referendum, and call for a league wide vote. 

I will also post this on the Transactions Board in a News Flash. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline WestCoastExpress

• MVP
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2019, 01:55:04 PM »
After venting, and thinking about the ramifications of this issue, it seems like a definitive course of action is required.  We can’t keep dancing around the central issue and be satisfied with massaging something that is really an established rule within this league.  A player who is subject to a 60 day trade moratorium simply cannot be traded.  It doesn’t need to be a slippery slope, if a player cannot be traded for 60 days, then post-dating trades only circumvents the rule and makes a mockery of things.

The argument that they are rostered players and we should be be able to do with them as we please is not viable.  We have a variety of safeguards that monitor roster decisions, such as our Trade Committee, and the 60 day moratorium is simply another one.  With that, the argument that FYPD players will be traded regardless of any moratorium may be true, but they will have to wait to be traded until after the moratorium is lifted.

So I am going to remove the post-dated trades on the board and rule them invalid because they violate the spirit of the rule.  I will go through the list of FYPD draftees, give them a roster date, and repost all the ProFSL rosters, so there will be no question as to when they are available.

While this may not be a pleasant ruling for all, as the league moderator, I am entrusted with the responsibility of insuring we maintain a degree of stability.  I wavered for a bit, but I believe this is the proper course of action for FGM.  The recourse for those who disagree is to initiate a referendum.  Find 8 GMs who support changing the rule, create a referendum, and call for a league wide vote. 

I will also post this on the Transactions Board in a News Flash.

:iatp:

Is what it is and every league has different quirks. No harm done.
Making things as black and white as possible makes things easy in the long run :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Alpha5: It's nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:28:39 PM
  • dbreer23: Clear as mierda
    April 14, 2024, 04:39:57 PM
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    April 15, 2024, 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    April 15, 2024, 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    April 15, 2024, 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    April 15, 2024, 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    April 15, 2024, 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    April 15, 2024, 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    April 15, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    April 15, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    April 16, 2024, 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    April 16, 2024, 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    April 16, 2024, 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    April 16, 2024, 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    April 16, 2024, 11:37:48 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for deals
    April 16, 2024, 08:13:31 PM
  • indiansnation: Updated trade block in fgm
    Yesterday at 12:37:39 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to trade
    Yesterday at 01:48:22 AM
  • jschwab: Leagues?? I'm in 14 MLB, 2 NHL, 1 NFL and 2 NBA.
    Yesterday at 12:33:58 PM
  • jschwab: It's nice being retired with a wife that likes me to stay out of her hair.
    Yesterday at 12:34:21 PM
  • jschwab: Oh yeah, and now 1 big honkin' NCAA
    Yesterday at 12:34:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha nice jschwab
    Yesterday at 12:45:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Indians pm
    Yesterday at 01:42:37 PM
  • Daddy: @John :rofl: respect
    Yesterday at 02:58:00 PM
  • Daddy: Fantasy sports IS MY getaway. Im a Dad, i work, i deal in real world Crap all day. I travel a lot across the country. My Son and others on site know the life. :rofl:
    Yesterday at 02:59:59 PM
  • Daddy: I imagine running a league is equivalent to running 10-32 teams by itself. I can do that from the Crapter.
    Yesterday at 03:01:15 PM
  • Daddy: And still be a dad, go on trips, get much booty :) . And im an old fart.
    Yesterday at 03:02:42 PM
  • Daddy: oh s?, el pap? hace tiempo para mi bot?n.
    Yesterday at 03:05:58 PM
  • dbreer23: Mucho respecto!
    Yesterday at 03:31:00 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for any deals
    Yesterday at 06:58:06 PM
  • Daddy: Michael Porter Jr.'s brother Jontay.... Banned for life by NBA for gambling.
    Yesterday at 07:58:24 PM
  • Daddy: He bet on his own performance (under) and his team to lose games.
    Yesterday at 07:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: good riddance
    Yesterday at 10:17:11 PM
  • dbreer23: and I'm not even a NBA fan
    Yesterday at 10:17:20 PM
  • Daddy: Gambling is as bad an addiction as there is.  This guy comes from money, has a brother thats uber rich, and he himself was in the NBA.
    Yesterday at 11:00:36 PM