* NBA Front Office

Blank 
Denver Nuggets Minnesota Timberwolves Oklahoma City Thunder Portland Trailblazers Utah Jazz :: Boston Celtics Brooklyn Nets New York Knicks Philadelphia 76ers Toronto Raptors 
Golden State Warriors Los Angeles Clippers Los Angeles Lakers Phoenix Suns Sacramento Kings :: Chicago Bulls Cleveland Cavaliers Detroit Pistons Indiana Pacers Milwaukee Bucks 
Dallas Mavericks Houston Rockets Memphis Grizzlies New Orleans Pelicans San Antonio Spurs :: Atlanta Hawks Charlotte Hornets2 Miami Heat Orlando Magic Washington Wizards 
Blank

Author Topic: Chicago Bulls  (Read 4248 times)

Offline KOYA TURLING

• League Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :MIA-NBA:
    • :CHE:
    • View Profile
Chicago Bulls
« on: May 18, 2013, 11:57:52 PM »
(ok before we start, I just want to post this to have a little bit of discussion on real life basketball related stuff.  So we can talk to each other more and not from trades only :D.  We should set some rules.  1st.  No personal attacks.  2nd. Agree to disagree if a heated exchange is brewing)

Ok. Let's start

What is your perception on Derrick Rose? As a person. As a basketball player.

First of all, I was actually hoping him to come back at latest March 2013.  However as we all know, he did not come back. Back then, I said on forums that he should be given some slack as it is a major injury and only the mental aspect is not 100% fit and the Bulls should take care of him as they are invested on him for the next 4+years. As the season ended, I'm still thinking he will be back in the middle of the 1st round or 2nd round.  Then, the littany of injuries struck the bulls.  He did not come back.

So what is my perception to Rose now? He is weak mentally, not only did he bailed out on his teammates when Deng, Hinrich, etc got injured, he kept saying to the media that he might be back or he might sit it out.  This is what I think his priority.

1st: Health -- He is too afraid to play even 100% physically ready.
2nd. Business -- why? He kept making false hope statements , so that his shoes/ads will  be a hit "a.k.a The Return".
3rd Team - as stated above, he bailed out his teammates.  I don't know what his true intentions were.

As a player. 
1. I think his 3pt shooting will improve in 2013-2014 season. A long practice to hone your game makes a huge difference.
2.  He will be back like the high flyer that he is.  But I think he will tone it down a little bit with a new found deadly shooting.
3.  He will not be a 50% fg shooter next season.
4.  Something like 22ppg 3rpg 8 apg next season with anemic defensive stats.

All in all,As a Person - too inconsistent.  As a player - will see an improvement from him.

Hope that everyone participates ;) Discuss!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:41:22 PM by Garfield »

Offline HarkTheClark

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Derrick Rose
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 03:31:32 AM »
Maybe I haven't been doing my homework too well, but isn't it possible that, even though he was cleared to participate fully in basketball activities by the team physicians, the Bulls as an organization decided the best thing to do was for him to sit? As far as I know, this could still be a factor, and if it is, it's certainly not his fault.

As for my personal opinion, though, on the one hand it was kinda weak to skip on the playoff run, especially when so many players were getting injured. But how much difference would he have made anyway? It would take him time to get over it mentally, it would take him time to get to the point where he could contribute, and the way that series was playing out, there could be a chance for him to be subject to some unnecessary hard play.

Now, if we could find out that he was ready to roll 6-8 weeks before the playoffs started, then maybe he could find enough of a groove to help the team, get over his mental blocks, etc. But I just think the organization probably had a target date for him to see the court before they'd shut him down, and he wasn't there. Maybe that's his fault, maybe it's the Bulls being overly cautious, maybe it's bad luck, who knows.

This is my take. Never been a big fan of the guy, so I don't really have any reason to try to "defend" him, just calling it like I see it.

Offline KOYA TURLING

• League Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:24:06 AM »
Thibodeau and the Bulls always say that the decision will be on Rose whenever he is ready.  So, I guess Rose will not take the responsibility on a decision by the team. We don't know and your opinion may hold true. 

What I think the positive thing if he ever played was. 
1.  Morale boost for his teammates
2. 20-25 minutes of better play than Teague, Bellinelli (when he's struggling), a breather for butler etc.
3. Getting over the hump on the mental aspect

Agree with you that they didn't fully disclose his real status.  Maybe for the team, they want him to sit out the whole year but for marketing purposes they keep making false hope.

Actually this saga is more annoying than entertaining because of the daily non-update news.

Offline HarkTheClark

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »
Well, the main reason I'd keep him dangling out there as a possibility, even if behind closed doors I've shut him down, is so teams have to worry about him playing, at least some. It's the whole Tebow effect, have him on your team because your opponents that week have to spend some time in case he plays.

It definitely would have been a morale boost, and yes, he likely would have given more productive minutes than a guy like Teague. But how much is that really saying? That's not going to get them past Miami, the only way they'd have a chance is if he came onto the court and played like he did in 2011. Even then it's not likely. And if you're about 70% sure on him, do you really want to put him in that position? I really don't have any proof, but I find this easier to believe than Rose just wimping put on the whole thing.

Offline KOYA TURLING

• League Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 08:14:40 AM »
Good point! keep the opponent guessing eh. And yes I agree that even he plays against the Heat they won't probably win a game or two.

The negative thing about not playing at all this season is he will be off for 1 and a half year and the fear of trusting his knee will linger longer until he actually steps on the court and produce something.

Offline Yacob

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 15
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »
your opinion of him as a person is basically a reflection of how the media portrays him.
CCD :WAS-NBA2:
w-l record, result
12/13: 50-32, lost in CCD Finals
13/14: 52-30, lost in ECF
14/15: 20-9
overall: 122-71

NBA Futures Celtics gm: 23-3

Offline KOYA TURLING

• League Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 11:38:59 AM »
maybe? We know rose as a humble kid, soft spoken etc.  But this season is a trial for him and  in my opinion, a person is defined by the trials and tribulations he face.

Offline Garfield

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :PHX:
    • :ARS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 11:59:38 AM »
I agree with the spirit of Hark's original reply. There are plenty of question marks here, thus us puny humans can only guess. Given this disclaimer, my theory is :CHI-NBA: management went through the following train of thought:
  • He might be physically ready to play against the Heat.
  • Would it extend the series? Yes.
  • Would it win us the series? No.
  • So let's make sure he knows how important he is to us. He'll choose when to come back himself. His style of play might be the most physically demanding in the league. Our focus is to make Thibodeau-Rose the next iteration of Jackson-Jordan. Both Bulls for a decade. After all, the guy won an MVP in his third season, that's extremely rare.
From Rose's point of view, it starts similarly. Can I extend it? Yes. Win it? No. And since my management if offering: does it help me physically and mentally if I wait? Yes, apparently. Thus, he had the right to make this decision and used it. Thus, calling him weak in unwarranted here.

The rest is just media looking for a big story everywhere. Just the times we live in.

I'm not qualified to judge him on the court. But if he manages to add an extra dimension (shooting) to his already MVP-like level, it will be amazing. Many tried before. Some failed miserably (Rondo), others kinda managed (Wade, Parker), very few nailed it (Jordan).

PS
Does anybody know if they would have lost insurance money if he had played against the Heat?
Leagues I run: Advanced NBA, Cycling, All-Europe Football

Offline Yacob

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 15
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 12:36:20 PM »

I'm not qualified to judge him on the court. But if he manages to add an extra dimension (shooting) to his already MVP-like level, it will be amazing. Many tried before. Some failed miserably (Rondo), others kinda managed (Wade, Parker), very few nailed it (Jordan).

lol, what?
CCD :WAS-NBA2:
w-l record, result
12/13: 50-32, lost in CCD Finals
13/14: 52-30, lost in ECF
14/15: 20-9
overall: 122-71

NBA Futures Celtics gm: 23-3

Offline frankbullsfan

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 09:36:37 PM »
i am a huge Chicago Bulls fan and have been for 25 or more plus years.  I think that both the bulls and Rose had a hand in the decision not to let him play this year i think it may have been like Hark said  that the bulls may have said that he was cleared to play and that they would leave the decision up to him when to come back and think that behind closed doors management may have been kinda telling him not to come back this year and to kinda wait until next year because they didn't think they had a chance to beat Miami .  I really think though if they had been at 100 percent with everyone healthy even without Rose i think that they may have had a chance to beat Miami considering they had done it already that season.  As much as i would have liked to have seen Rose come back and play this year i don't really think he would have been as effective unless they put him at the point position where he naturally is and with the playoffs this year even though we could have possibly gone farther with him i think that it was the right decision on all peoples parts if Rose didn't  feel ready or management wanted to rest him until the end of the year because it gave us a glimpse of what we might have as far as talent behind rose or at SG with Nate Robinson who had a great post season and i really think was the leader this post season for the bulls although i have always kinda prefered the bulls secondary players as my favorites.  One example of this was during the Jordan years everyone knew that Jordan was the star of the team but i think my favorite players of those teams may have been like B J Armstrong or John Paxon  or even a couple of their centers like Bill  Cartwright or  Luke Longley .

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Back mets
    Yesterday at 01:24:57 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Mets back
    Yesterday at 01:27:20 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Brian's ignoring me because he doesn't like me trying to shift his blame
    Yesterday at 01:28:08 PM
  • indiansnation: Ldsjayhawks u will see change in 2 yrs.mlb will go with one cap thats it
    Yesterday at 01:31:23 PM
  • indiansnation: @ if i havent said ldsjayhawks bite me
    Yesterday at 01:31:55 PM
  • Mets Donations Accepted: Back ldsjayhawk
    Yesterday at 01:34:56 PM
  • indiansnation: Mets pm
    Yesterday at 01:36:15 PM
  • indiansnation: I dont like to wait mets lol
    Yesterday at 01:39:42 PM
  • Mets Donations Accepted: Lol took a min just sent
    Yesterday at 01:46:02 PM
  • Mets Donations Accepted: Now you’re making me wait Brian lol
    Yesterday at 01:56:15 PM
  • indiansnation: At work will look at lunch time
    Yesterday at 02:15:36 PM
  • Thecliff: :judge: WCB2 Draft :LAD: on clock to 6 a.m., then :NYM: and :CHC: in the hole...
    Yesterday at 09:07:52 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Cliff pm
    Yesterday at 09:14:40 PM
  • Mets Donations Accepted: Ldsjayhawk waiting on you
    Yesterday at 09:21:19 PM
  • Thecliff: He left the site...Cris did
    Yesterday at 09:46:11 PM
  • Brent: Since Cole is the talk of the town right now, he's OTB in FGM.
    Yesterday at 09:50:35 PM
  • Mets Donations Accepted: Oh, so much for I’m the trade talk then lol
    Yesterday at 10:04:46 PM
  • Mets Donations Accepted: Brent trying to cash in high over there haha
    Yesterday at 10:06:59 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Sorry in and out.  I'm mobile right now
    Yesterday at 10:18:16 PM
  • Yeagg: Cliff message me back
    Yesterday at 10:33:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Brent pm
    Yesterday at 11:12:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Brent new pm
    Yesterday at 11:20:19 PM
  • indiansnation: Tendon signs 7 yrs 245m with angels
    Yesterday at 11:50:09 PM
  • indiansnation: Rendon
    Yesterday at 11:50:17 PM
  • gventura: Probably the most impactful of the three mega deals this week
    Yesterday at 11:55:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Has no trade clause also
    Today at 12:02:32 AM
  • Yeagg: why do you think that ventura?
    Today at 12:23:33 AM
  • indiansnation: I think out of all of the players i believe rendon is best at the value
    Today at 12:27:11 AM
  • indiansnation: Rendon=game changer
    Today at 12:30:07 AM
  • Yeagg: I don't think the angels were a third baseman away from the playoffs, let alone a championship
    Today at 12:31:42 AM
  • Yeagg: Angels need pitching
    Today at 12:32:01 AM
  • Yeagg: The Yankees need their outfield to stay healthy
    Today at 12:32:15 AM
  • Yeagg: which will never happen
    Today at 12:32:22 AM
  • gventura: Cole & Stausburg are cherries and top but Rendon moves the needle more for the Angels. They get some pitching, probably Ryu and maybe a trade and they're legit
    Today at 12:34:49 AM
  • indiansnation: Angels talking to cleveland about corrosco and kluber
    Today at 12:47:43 AM
  • Brent: I just saw that Rendon to the Angels. That's huge.  Him and Trout are two of the best hitters in the game let alone their position.  Big signing for the Angels.  Now Maddon will play Rendon at CF for position flexibility.
    Today at 12:48:10 AM
  • indiansnation: I honestly think yankees wish they didnt stanton. He has been injured way to much
    Today at 12:49:31 AM
  • indiansnation: Angels still need 2 sp and a 3rd baseman
    Today at 12:50:05 AM
  • indiansnation: Brent pm
    Today at 12:50:14 AM
  • indiansnation: Looking for one more sp vet and hitter in busch
    Today at 12:52:29 AM
  • indiansnation: Ill talk to u all tommarrow nothing exciting happening on here wensday night
    Today at 01:00:47 AM
  • indiansnation: Well things have changed kluber might be packing his bags and going to play with angels
    Today at 01:40:40 AM
  • Yeagg: Brian... Rendon plays 3B. I don't think the Angels need one anymore
    Today at 01:42:33 AM
  • indiansnation: Mickey callaway is trying to get angels to buy in on kluber and trade for him.
    Today at 01:42:54 AM
  • Thecliff: :judge: WCB2 Draft :NYM: on the clock to 7 p.m......
    Today at 09:17:18 AM
  • Thecliff: ....then (CHC: and :KC: in the hole.
    Today at 09:17:58 AM
  • Thecliff: :CHC:
    Today at 09:18:52 AM
  • janesvilleaces: Padres around next 2 days for trade talks in bush
    Today at 11:57:30 AM
  • RyanJames5: Nats in Bush and Cardinals in FGM looking for an SP and around most of the day
    Today at 12:26:50 PM
  • Thecliff: :agent: First&Goal playoff Game 14 highlights [link] is posted. Enjoy  :toth:
    Today at 01:23:27 PM