Author Topic: Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: 76ers New Years Resolutions  (Read 219 times)

Offline Philly Girl

• *Staff
  • All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI:
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :Blank:

• 0_: :EPL13INVITEE: :NFL13INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :MLB10INVITEE:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :NFL:
Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: 76ers New Years Resolutions
« on: December 30, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »
The Philadelphia 76ers came into this season with reasonable expectations of becoming a championship contending team. This goal is not far fetched but with their ups and downs during the beginning of the 2012-2013 season, they need to make some changes and redefine certain goals to achieve the contending status this season.

Personnel Goals

The first and primary concern is Andrew Bynum. He needs to play in the regular season, period. Granted he would get another big contract with that play but also because he would compliment nearly every other player on the Sixers, free most up as Bynum would most likely get a lot of double-teams, and the entire playbook would be modeled around him. He needs to play, period.

The second concern that I see is a solid backup for Jrue Holiday. Not that I want to plan on him being injured but this is a concern and especially in a long playoff run, we need to be certain that we have a solid PG behind Holiday just incase.

Shooting Goals

The 76ers are 25th in free throw percentage (72.5) and only get to the line an average of 18 times per game, second worst in the league. With a low free throw percentage and nearly worst in the league at drawing fouls, they need to penetrate deeper and ensure that they get more opportunities at the line to correct both of these statistics, and quickly.

Speaking of penetrating and drawing fouls, the young guns on the team need to start making smarter decisions when they have the ball and before they take a shot. The transition game is an area of comfort but the half-court play needs to be added to that list. For example their field goal percentage is a measly 23rd in the league and their shooting percentage is a marginal 43.8. Spencer Hawes gets carried away with too many long shots, Nick Young takes ill-advised shots from the outside, and Evan Turner can make better decisions on his shot selection. As a whole, these unnecessary shots add up to several wastes of possessions and missed points throughout the game.

Overall Goals

The Sixers need to define their play and do so with consistency. They have proven that they are capable of beating elite teams but have also showed their unrefined side with losses to the Pistons and Cavaliers. Their season started at 10-6, after losing 11 out of 15 and most notably a six-game losing streak, they need to redefine their rhythm and consistently play up to par. In conjunction, let's continue to see Holiday and Turner mature into their 'great' player roles as they both look to prove their worth.

:soapbox:
"They read their sports pages, know their statistics and either root like hell or boo our butts off. I love it. Give me vocal fans, pro or con, over the tourist types who show up in Houston or Montreal and just sit there." óMike Schmidt, Hall of Fame third baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies :PHI:

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

ProFSL Fantasy Sports

Community Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Thats right Sooner.
    Yesterday at 09:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: example 1m (2014), 1.5m (2015), 3.5m (2016) = $2m (2016-2017)
    Yesterday at 09:07:05 PM
  • OUDAN: That didn't help lol!
    Yesterday at 09:08:58 PM
  • OUDAN: Essentially total salary Each in all years and rounder to the nearest 500k
    Yesterday at 09:09:22 PM
  • Brent: rounded to the nearest .1
    Yesterday at 09:10:16 PM
  • OUDAN: Ok
    Yesterday at 09:16:06 PM
  • OUDAN: I'll get mine fixed soon
    Yesterday at 09:17:40 PM
  • Daddy: :Oklahoma: where math lives, get some! :)
    Yesterday at 09:38:33 PM
  • jblum: easiest schedule in college football
    Yesterday at 09:39:32 PM
  • Daddy: Easiest curriculum too.
    Yesterday at 09:41:54 PM
  • Brent: Sounds good Dan.  I have to fix mine as well.
    Yesterday at 09:46:14 PM
  • jblum: hey brent no rush just want to remind you that you are otc in r2n
    Yesterday at 09:46:53 PM
  • Brent: I know, I am sitting in my truck on my phone about to go in the gym for my CrossFit class.  I will make it later when I am on a PC.
    Yesterday at 09:48:55 PM
  • jblum: sounds good. want to get this nba draft over with lol
    Yesterday at 09:49:33 PM
  • jblum: any guys want to trade in FGM?
    Yesterday at 10:22:25 PM
  • OUDAN: Sure if I have anything u want spec wise or waiver guys let me know
    Yesterday at 10:24:16 PM
  • jblum: ill take ortiz
    Yesterday at 10:26:15 PM
  • OUDAN: For?
    Yesterday at 10:29:31 PM
  • jblum: what would you want for him
    Yesterday at 10:31:59 PM
  • OUDAN: What team are u?
    Yesterday at 10:36:40 PM
  • OUDAN: I found it
    Yesterday at 10:37:31 PM
  • OUDAN: How ever the guys I like are the younger guys that are MLBErs so I doubt it works
    Yesterday at 10:37:50 PM
  • SlackJack: over to you thunder
    Yesterday at 10:45:42 PM
  • Gilly: Hey Fiinish Flash u on
    Today at 06:44:33 AM
  • JohnnyWeissflog: In and out occasionally
    Today at 06:53:19 AM
  • Gilly: I would assume we want to let GM's post rosters for teams they won eh
    Today at 06:54:41 AM
  • Gilly: Save any delay in moving the league along
    Today at 06:54:50 AM
  • JohnnyWeissflog: True. As soon as team is won, GM could inform the keepers
    Today at 06:55:39 AM
  • djmay: I think the GMs should have a day or two until after all teams are won. depending on whether you win more then one team, it could influence who you post to your roster
    Today at 07:04:49 AM
  • Gilly: yes they have time djmay...i mean that and so does johnny that gm,s can begin posting if they want..
    Today at 07:06:40 AM
  • djmay: ah. i see. i need a coffee
    Today at 07:10:12 AM
  • Jon: dynasty mlb elite will have a couple of open teams next season.   established in 2009
    Today at 07:29:17 AM
  • Jon: [link]
    Today at 07:29:26 AM
  • Jon: :ATL: and :SEA: will be available at the conclussion of the season in dme.   IF interested please let me know
    Today at 09:50:17 AM
  • drejay25: Atlanta is in pretty good shape for the future... If you like a challenge. take em over!!
    Today at 10:04:18 AM
  • Corey: morning boys
    Today at 10:14:14 AM
  • Dudley2321: Jon, Is that a money league?
    Today at 10:29:51 AM
  • drejay25: No Dudley, it is not
    Today at 10:38:10 AM
  • Jon: absolutely not
    Today at 10:39:34 AM
  • Dudley2321: ok just checking
    Today at 10:41:03 AM
  • OUDAN: Morning
    Today at 10:41:42 AM
  • Anelson: morning all
    Today at 11:05:12 AM
  • OUDAN: Holy Smoking Gun a Nelson siting