Author Topic: Run DMC in the Rain the Key Against KC  (Read 1382 times)

Online CRS245

• *Senior Staff
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT:
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:

• 0_: :EPL13INVITEE: :NFL13INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :NHL12INVITEE: :NFL12INVITEE: :NBA12INVITEE: :MLB12INVITEE: :NFL11FINALIST: :NHL11INVITEE: :NBA11INVITEE: :MLB11INVITEE: :MLB10INVITEE: :MLB09CHAMP:
    • View Profile
    • ProFSL
  • Fantasy Sport: :MLB:
Run DMC in the Rain the Key Against KC
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »
The following article is a guest blog by ProFSL's partner, NFLWeather.com.  What fantasy football implications may come from the conditions in this game?

Just because playoff hopes died weeks ago doesn’t mean any love will be lost between the :KAN: Kansas City Chiefs and the :OAK-NFL: Oakland Raiders. This AFC West rivalry will have animosity as if they were fighting for the division. It might not be a heavyweight bout, but this slug-fest will be in a downpour for quintessential smash-mouth football.

NFLWeather.com forecasts a 40% chance of precipitation with mostly cloudy skies for
Sunday’s kickoff. Temperatures should top out around 58 with a swirling southern wind around 6 mph. Gloomy conditions for a gritty game.

But poor conditions don’t play to the Chiefs favor. According to the NFLWeather.com
Historical Analytics, they’re 0-2 in their last two road rain games and lost in light rain to the Raiders inside the Oakland Coliseum back in 2010. Meanwhile, Oakland is 2-0 at home in their previous two outings in poor conditions. And there’s a very good chance little will change.

Still slightly recovering from his ankle but slowly getting back to his old self, Darren
McFadden will be the cause of much pain for the KC defense. Having ran for 114 yards on 29 carries against them in October, numbers like that should expect to be replicated against a unit that gives up over 120 yards per game. But a soggy surface might wear on that ankle if he starts slipping making deep plants while cutting.

But as reliable as McFadden is when he’s healthy, if Carson Palmer continues throwing
costly interceptions it won’t matter how well the Raiders do on the ground. Even though Palmer has put up impressive offensive numbers, the turnovers have been killer. And with a lingering rainstorm this should force a heavier emphasis on the rushing attack with a receiving corps that’s had trouble catching balls all year that aren’t even wet.

Like Palmer and the Raiders, the Chiefs fate lies in the hands of a quarterback and his
decision-making. Brady Quinn has only two touchdowns and five interceptions to his name and the only was KC can pull out a win is if he can improve upon that dismal ration. But without Dwayne Bowe, the Chiefs aerial assault will be completely nonexistent.

That means only one thing, roughly 30 carries going straight into the hands of Jamaal
Charles. He’s built for a game like this, a grind it out in the mud and fight for every inch style outing. Even though the Raiders surrender over 130 yards per game, the D stymied KC into only 49 rushing yards. But averaging just under 150 yards per game, the Chiefs will relentlessly run straight at the Raiders and eventually they’ll find some holes.

Now there is one thing both teams are fighting for, the first pick in the spring draft. But
just because they’re close to that coveted top spot, plenty of players and coaches have their jobs on the line leaving much to be had from this division matchup. Two teams with a combined 5-21 record will typically give the impression of a melancholy matchup, but not this one in the Black Hole.

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

ProFSL Fantasy Sports

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • kylerap: I did, will write back now..
    Today at 01:10:14 AM
  • Brent: Kyle, I'm always thinking about it.  Then I think about the one that got away.
    Today at 01:10:40 AM
  • Brent: JD, I was wrong.  I wish all the minor league rules within a league were in the same location.  You have to check 3 different threads to see if a guy qualifies to be a MiLB for bidding purposes.
    Today at 01:14:51 AM
  • kylerap: ok. I'm holding those players back from others inquiring
    Today at 01:15:19 AM
  • kangol: I'm in to deal
    Today at 01:21:47 AM
  • sandman: What up big clowns
    Today at 02:00:07 AM
  • Brent: what's up?
    Today at 02:00:24 AM
  • sandman: Liquor and booze
    Today at 02:04:51 AM
  • sandman: I LOVE WOMEN
    Today at 02:07:33 AM
  • sandman: Any trading fools out there
    Today at 02:12:32 AM
  • patjossom: want to move duda yet?
    Today at 02:22:12 AM
  • sandman: what up clowns. just got out of the sack with the blonde bombshell
    Today at 03:13:39 AM
  • sandman: my ass might if decided to truely date someoje
    Today at 03:14:09 AM
  • sandman: i am normally anti dating. But the sandman might be hooked
    Today at 03:14:54 AM
  • Fitzy1962: Smoking Gun. You are a Dud, I mean, a "stud". LOL
    Today at 04:36:53 AM
  • atombomb3776: The Cards are still looking for MI or CI depth in SD
    Today at 09:57:46 AM
  • atombomb3776: major league level though
    Today at 09:58:06 AM
  • Brent: morning guys
    Today at 10:05:39 AM
  • janesvilleaces: morning
    Today at 10:17:49 AM
  • redbeard82: morning all
    Today at 10:52:29 AM
  • redbeard82: :TB: still on the prowl for some lineup upgrades in BLB. If you'd consider dealing bats for pitching/prospects/picks and a replacement hitter let me know
    Today at 10:53:14 AM
  • Jdwalter21: any positions your looking for in particular red?
    Today at 11:31:30 AM
  • Brent: Morning guys
    Today at 11:35:32 AM
  • 9inches: Hey Brent. Mail.
    Today at 11:42:25 AM
  • jnorris: Morning guys.
    Today at 11:43:18 AM
  • redbeard82: JD - 2B and UT (so any bat) probably the biggest
    Today at 11:46:02 AM
  • Jdwalter21: Arenado and Tulowitzki are available. looking for a stud SP back
    Today at 11:48:06 AM
  • 9inches: Hey Jon
    Today at 11:51:36 AM
  • redbeard82: think we've been down that road. going to pass. tulo's contract is too big for me.
    Today at 12:00:10 PM
  • Brent: JD, PM.  Just made an offer for Tulo.
    Today at 12:03:24 PM
  • Brent: Bowl Season underway
    Today at 12:04:11 PM
  • redbeard82: JD - Would you consider moving Abreu now that you have Davis?
    Today at 12:06:58 PM
  • redbeard82: Brent - Assuming Rizzo and Soler are Cubs for life?
    Today at 12:08:03 PM
  • Brent: More than likely yes, but it would depend on who was coming to the Cubs.
    Today at 12:12:34 PM
  • Jdwalter21: No, I'm not moving either Abreu or Davis
    Today at 12:14:32 PM
  • atombomb3776: JD you willing to deal Morse in SD?
    Today at 12:16:26 PM
  • Jdwalter21: yes I could be willing
    Today at 12:17:34 PM
  • atombomb3776: I need either a MI or CI in SD
    Today at 12:17:37 PM
  • atombomb3776: take a look. let me know who you would want in return
    Today at 12:18:14 PM
  • Calvin: looking for PC's in all my baseball leagues
    Today at 12:18:47 PM
  • atombomb3776: Cal you in SD, BLB or BTN?
    Today at 12:20:24 PM
  • redbeard82: Brent - Who would you be after from :TB:? I would particularly love to get my hands on Rizzo...
    Today at 12:20:53 PM
  • redbeard82: how those offers coming in on cutch in BLB adam?
    Today at 12:21:12 PM
  • atombomb3776: I haven't received too many actually lol. Odd I know
    Today at 12:23:40 PM
  • redbeard82: anything i can do to ensure a speedy arrival in Tampa?
    Today at 12:25:08 PM
  • atombomb3776: Haha. Let me take a look
    Today at 12:26:20 PM
  • kylerap: Or Red Sox!
    Today at 12:27:15 PM
  • atombomb3776: Cutch "might" be available in BLB. I will take the BEST OFFER. Deal if I choose to trade him will get done today
    Today at 12:27:16 PM
  • atombomb3776: Send tour BEST OFFER over. If you sent one, send it again to ensure I received it
    Today at 12:28:05 PM
  • atombomb3776: Cards have been updated on FSL. Thanks to ALL involved. 56M in cap. Wow. Not a bad start for a rebuild
    Today at 12:30:14 PM

Forum Search