Author Topic: Run DMC in the Rain the Key Against KC  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Colby

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
  • Fantasy Prestige 57
    • :PIT:
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Run DMC in the Rain the Key Against KC
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »
The following article is a guest blog by ProFSL's partner, NFLWeather.com.  What fantasy football implications may come from the conditions in this game?

Just because playoff hopes died weeks ago doesn’t mean any love will be lost between the :KAN: Kansas City Chiefs and the :OAK-NFL: Oakland Raiders. This AFC West rivalry will have animosity as if they were fighting for the division. It might not be a heavyweight bout, but this slug-fest will be in a downpour for quintessential smash-mouth football.

NFLWeather.com forecasts a 40% chance of precipitation with mostly cloudy skies for
Sunday’s kickoff. Temperatures should top out around 58 with a swirling southern wind around 6 mph. Gloomy conditions for a gritty game.

But poor conditions don’t play to the Chiefs favor. According to the NFLWeather.com
Historical Analytics, they’re 0-2 in their last two road rain games and lost in light rain to the Raiders inside the Oakland Coliseum back in 2010. Meanwhile, Oakland is 2-0 at home in their previous two outings in poor conditions. And there’s a very good chance little will change.

Still slightly recovering from his ankle but slowly getting back to his old self, Darren
McFadden will be the cause of much pain for the KC defense. Having ran for 114 yards on 29 carries against them in October, numbers like that should expect to be replicated against a unit that gives up over 120 yards per game. But a soggy surface might wear on that ankle if he starts slipping making deep plants while cutting.

But as reliable as McFadden is when he’s healthy, if Carson Palmer continues throwing
costly interceptions it won’t matter how well the Raiders do on the ground. Even though Palmer has put up impressive offensive numbers, the turnovers have been killer. And with a lingering rainstorm this should force a heavier emphasis on the rushing attack with a receiving corps that’s had trouble catching balls all year that aren’t even wet.

Like Palmer and the Raiders, the Chiefs fate lies in the hands of a quarterback and his
decision-making. Brady Quinn has only two touchdowns and five interceptions to his name and the only was KC can pull out a win is if he can improve upon that dismal ration. But without Dwayne Bowe, the Chiefs aerial assault will be completely nonexistent.

That means only one thing, roughly 30 carries going straight into the hands of Jamaal
Charles. He’s built for a game like this, a grind it out in the mud and fight for every inch style outing. Even though the Raiders surrender over 130 yards per game, the D stymied KC into only 49 rushing yards. But averaging just under 150 yards per game, the Chiefs will relentlessly run straight at the Raiders and eventually they’ll find some holes.

Now there is one thing both teams are fighting for, the first pick in the spring draft. But
just because they’re close to that coveted top spot, plenty of players and coaches have their jobs on the line leaving much to be had from this division matchup. Two teams with a combined 5-21 record will typically give the impression of a melancholy matchup, but not this one in the Black Hole.

Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Jonathan: hard to say this, but the Cavs should get rid of Lebron. Kyrie is 7 yrs younger and Lebron can leave after the year anyways.
    Yesterday at 01:58:49 AM
  • Daddy: The pm I got says to move fantraxed items to update on roster.
    Yesterday at 01:59:28 AM
  • indiansnation: daddy to update on roster
    Yesterday at 01:59:51 AM
  • Daddy: Smart move by Kyrie. Cavs owner is not a likable guy and if not for LeBron would have never won.
    Yesterday at 02:00:36 AM
  • indiansnation: man lbj is so upset by what irving said
    Yesterday at 02:00:42 AM
  • Daddy: Remember Anthony Bennett?
    Yesterday at 02:01:01 AM
  • indiansnation: he just basicly said he hates playing with lbj
    Yesterday at 02:01:09 AM
  • Daddy: My daughter plays better than him too.
    Yesterday at 02:01:20 AM
  • indiansnation: yes
    Yesterday at 02:01:21 AM
  • indiansnation: my 101 yr old grandma can play better than him
    Yesterday at 02:02:01 AM
  • Daddy: Kyrie should go and LeBron is already gone after next year. Sorry Brian.
    Yesterday at 02:02:07 AM
  • indiansnation: if she was still alive
    Yesterday at 02:02:14 AM
  • indiansnation: man i dont know talking 3 way trade involving  knicks,cavs and phoneix with anthony coming to cleveland
    Yesterday at 02:03:20 AM
  • Daddy: Good luck with that
    Yesterday at 02:04:27 AM
  • Jonathan: We can have a 2003 draft party again lol
    Yesterday at 02:04:59 AM
  • indiansnation: anthony and bledsoe and 2018 first rd pick irving going to knicks shump going to phoneix
    Yesterday at 02:05:24 AM
  • Jonathan: Irving value is much more than Anthony.
    Yesterday at 02:05:44 AM
  • Daddy: You gonna type up another apology after you cussed the league for a second straight day? LOL
    Yesterday at 02:05:54 AM
  • indiansnation: no matter what irving going to a team he pissed off the rest of the guys on cavs
    Yesterday at 02:06:21 AM
  • Daddy: Called my man Ryan everything but a son of God :)
    Yesterday at 02:06:28 AM
  • indiansnation: who me i didnt swear this time. i just confrunted it all
    Yesterday at 02:07:04 AM
  • Daddy: You gotta be a goid man to wear Cleveland on your sleeves.
    Yesterday at 02:07:18 AM
  • indiansnation: daddy i lie
    Yesterday at 02:07:24 AM
  • Daddy: Good man*
    Yesterday at 02:07:30 AM
  • Daddy: Its worse than being a Philly fan, rooting for Cleveland sports.
    Yesterday at 02:08:05 AM
  • indiansnation: daddy lets not start this up again
    Yesterday at 02:08:13 AM
  • indiansnation: daddy not cool lol
    Yesterday at 02:08:35 AM
  • Daddy: We threw a parade for arena football in Philly
    Yesterday at 02:08:51 AM
  • indiansnation: my cavs one on
    Yesterday at 02:08:51 AM
  • indiansnation: won one probably be the last but they one a championship
    Yesterday at 02:09:16 AM
  • Daddy: And a BooYah! horse named Smarty Jones
    Yesterday at 02:09:32 AM
  • indiansnation: thats all that matters
    Yesterday at 02:09:33 AM
  • Jonathan: They won their 1. Looking like its the Indians/ BJ's  with best shot going forward.
    Yesterday at 02:09:48 AM
  • Daddy: Smarty didn't even win the triple crown. We celebrated 2/3 of it.
    Yesterday at 02:10:19 AM
  • indiansnation: what does smarty jones got to do with anything man im lost lol
    Yesterday at 02:10:39 AM
  • Daddy: That's how bad Philly/Cleveland sports have been.
    Yesterday at 02:11:16 AM
  • indiansnation: ok i dont think a player should have any say who the gm gets. isi
    Yesterday at 02:11:21 AM
  • Daddy: When you parading a horse...you starving for a winner man.
    Yesterday at 02:11:52 AM
  • indiansnation: it his money right know cavs owner has to pay 80m in cap hits for over spending thats crazy
    Yesterday at 02:12:04 AM
  • indiansnation: ok johnathan and daddy if u were the owner of cavs would u just give away 80m to just please a nba player
    Yesterday at 02:13:22 AM
  • indiansnation: her is how bad it is if cavs use ther 2.1 mid level it will cost cavs owner 21m in cap fine
    Yesterday at 02:14:33 AM
  • Jonathan: Houston hasn't won anything since
    Yesterday at 02:17:29 AM
  • Jonathan: the dream was around 94-95
    Yesterday at 02:17:45 AM
  • Jonathan: MLB team never won or Football teams.
    Yesterday at 02:18:22 AM
  • indiansnation: lds pm
    Yesterday at 02:18:34 AM
  • Jonathan: They do have a few MLS titles, but that doesn't count lol
    Yesterday at 02:18:58 AM
  • Jonathan: Astros have a chance to break that 20 + years drought.
    Yesterday at 02:20:04 AM
  • indiansnation: daddy pm
    Yesterday at 02:35:56 AM
  • indiansnation: see u guys soon im off for know lost my fun being on here today. good lucj wuth your team daddy
    Yesterday at 02:51:24 AM
  • indiansnation: probably be back on in  weak or so
    Yesterday at 02:57:37 AM