Refresh History
  • Lindner: He's a good aimer.
    Yesterday at 08:52:34 PM
  • Jonathan: 30 players invited to NFL draft, no RB lol
    Yesterday at 08:53:12 PM
  • Jonathan: idk why they invite so many, a few have no chance at being 1st round pick.
    Yesterday at 08:57:11 PM
  • Lindner: There definitely won't be a RB going in the first!
    Yesterday at 08:58:13 PM
  • Jonathan: I got Jordan Matthews as a late 2nd and he was invited.
    Yesterday at 08:58:46 PM
  • Lindner: Dougie Hamilton doing work early. One goal and one off the pipe so far.
    Yesterday at 08:59:23 PM
  • Lindner: That's not the craziest thing I've seen the NFL do.
    Yesterday at 09:00:49 PM
  • Lindner: :BOS-NHL: up 2-0.  They're dominating thus far.
    Yesterday at 09:12:20 PM
  • Lindner: Exciting game though, still.
    Yesterday at 09:12:34 PM
  • Lindner: I'm done on Valera, DW.
    Yesterday at 09:14:39 PM
  • Dan Wood: thank you sir
    Yesterday at 09:16:03 PM
  • Lindner: :toth:
    Yesterday at 09:16:25 PM
  • Dan Wood: I got a few more Mets scrub touts to post... I hope you don't like them
    Yesterday at 09:21:01 PM
  • Jonathan: Jose on pace for 18K
    Yesterday at 09:27:11 PM
  • Jonathan: oh wait, its the braves.... next
    Yesterday at 09:27:30 PM
  • Lindner: We'll see.  I've got a couple guys I'm holding off on, but I doubt they're the same guys.
    Yesterday at 09:32:13 PM
  • Jonathan: Welcome to the 500 club, well deserved!!!!!
    Yesterday at 09:33:13 PM
  • Lindner: Colabello just hit a dinger.
    Yesterday at 09:34:45 PM
  • Dan Wood: This has got to stop
    Yesterday at 09:36:14 PM
  • Lindner: "Pujols becomes first player to hit both #499 & #500 in same game"
    Yesterday at 09:36:16 PM
  • Lindner: Fun fact...
    Yesterday at 09:36:20 PM
  • Orange Country: I hate this, Jose Fernandez mowing down :ATL: hitters, but it helps me MB team
    Yesterday at 09:36:38 PM
  • Lindner: .270 with 25+ home runs is very realistic with his skill set.
    Yesterday at 09:37:25 PM
  • Jonathan: Imagine if he had a guy like Trout batting in front of him for more years, guy makes it impossible to focus on hitter.
    Yesterday at 09:37:42 PM
  • daWoodshed: Gomez gets four games???!?!?!  :puke:
    Yesterday at 09:40:20 PM
  • kylerap: Alex Wood is such a stud though.  to think they weren't going to put him in the rotation before the injuries happen
    Yesterday at 09:41:23 PM
  • Lindner: Billy Hamilton with 6 steals in the last 5.5 games
    Yesterday at 09:41:34 PM
  • kylerap: 25 K's combined for the SP's in the Atlanta game
    Yesterday at 09:59:05 PM
  • CRS245: $150, late start :MLB: points league, draft full MLB teams in slow auction [link]
    Yesterday at 10:10:55 PM
  • Jonathan: They should pull him now. 109 pitches is too many.
    Yesterday at 10:14:15 PM
  • OUDAN: Evening boys
    Yesterday at 10:18:39 PM
  • OUDAN: Kyle mail sir
    Yesterday at 10:27:26 PM
  • OUDAN: MB guys lookin to move OF for SP
    Yesterday at 10:27:56 PM
  • Jonathan: Pujols has 500 HR and 843 Strikeouts. Yeah.
    Yesterday at 10:41:42 PM
  • OUDAN: Kyle back
    Today at 12:23:29 AM
  • 9inches: Morning.
    Today at 09:04:13 AM
  • jnorris: morning 9
    Today at 09:56:11 AM
  • 9inches: hey Jon.
    Today at 10:03:48 AM
  • Anelson: morning all
    Today at 10:22:32 AM
  • OUDAN: Monring boys
    Today at 10:50:55 AM
  • OUDAN: Welcome back Cole Hamels
    Today at 10:53:58 AM
  • Anelson: Cole Hamels? That was a great Collin McHugh costume Hamels was wearing pitching for the 'Stros last night.
    Today at 11:10:05 AM
  • OUDAN: May take more then Cole to save my MB :NYY: but I can hope
    Today at 11:13:01 AM
  • jnorris: Looking for bats in both SD and MB
    Today at 11:27:54 AM
  • 9inches: kyle mail.
    Today at 11:38:26 AM
  • OUDAN: Kyle mail lol popular guy
    Today at 01:03:18 PM
  • OUDAN: Sky as well
    Today at 01:09:52 PM
  • Jdwalter21: SD - Pirates looking for a CI/OF, offering pitching and specs
    Today at 01:36:21 PM
  • Orange Country: JD, got a solid team that could win some money in another $$ league if ur not full
    Today at 01:40:30 PM
  • Jdwalter21: Im switching careers so im short on cash right now.
    Today at 01:42:04 PM

Author Topic: NCAA National Title Predictions & Scenarios  (Read 787 times)

Offline CRS245

• *Senior Staff
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT:
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:

• 0_: :EPL13INVITEE: :NFL13INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :NHL12INVITEE: :NFL12INVITEE: :NBA12INVITEE: :MLB12INVITEE: :NFL11FINALIST: :NHL11INVITEE: :NBA11INVITEE: :MLB11INVITEE: :MLB10INVITEE: :MLB09CHAMP:
    • View Profile
    • ProFSL
  • Fantasy Sport: :MLB:
NCAA National Title Predictions & Scenarios
« on: November 16, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
Ranked according to BCS...

1) :Oregon: Oregon (10-0) - They face a tough end to their schedule playing home against Stanford and on the road against Oregon State.  If they survive Stanford then they will win the North, but will need to beat Oregon State to stay in the National Title talk.  After that they will play UCLA or USC in the Pac-12 championship.  At this point, there is a good chance Oregon can lose and fall out of the race.

2) :KansasState: Kansas State (10-0) - The Wildcats will need to travel to Baylor and win, then have a week off to prepare for their last game of the season against ranked Texas.  They have very few roadblocks preventing them from advancing to the National Championship.

3) :NotreDame: Notre Dame (10-0) - Everyone is eying that USC game which is 8 days away.  First business is taking care of Wake Forest.

4) :Alabama: Alabama (9-1) - Bama will need two of the undefeated teams to fall and they will need to beat Georgia in SEC title game to advance.  They will be rooting for USC, Stanford, UCLA, and Oregon State to win as much as possible.

5) :Georgia: Georgia (9-1) - Win against the non-ranked schedule that remains is what they need for big bowl game hopes.  If they won out, beat Bama in the SEC, and had two of the undefeated teams at the top lose then it is likely you could see Georgia in the National Championship.

6) :Florida: Florida (9-1) - Florida would need a bunch of season-ending parity to have a shot.  Still, no SEC title isn't favorable to their end of season ranking.

10) :FloridaState: Florida State (9-1) - The two-loss teams ranked 7th-9th aren't worth National Title talks.  The Seminoles have a shot - much like rival Florida - in that they need about four teams to topple, but they need the same teams.  They have Florida on the calendar which would be a huge boost for their BCS rankings likely putting them right next to Bama/Georgia.  Their ACC title game opponent isn't ranked which doesn't make it a hurdle but it doesn't help their ranking.

11) :Clemson: Clemson (9-1) - The Tigers will need a lot.  Maryland needs to beat Florida State to give Clemson the path to the ACC.  They will then need several teams to topple.

Eight teams are all in the hunt.  Looking at the schedules and what possible losses could happen and big time wins could help teams, I think Kansas State versus Notre Dame is most likely.  I don't see Oregon surviving that schedule.  If Notre Dame fell to USC and Kansas State won out then I could see Georgia making it.  Now, if Georgia is not a contender and neither is Alabama because of additional losses then the window finally opens up to Florida or FSU, and depending if they have another loss, finally.. Clemson.

Offline Lindner

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 11
    • :MIN:
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakota:

• 0_: :MLB13INVITEE:
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA National Title Predictions & Scenarios
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 02:21:53 PM »
:Oregon: appears to be the best team in the nation.  Nevertheless, I'm a :NotreDame: fan and I hope that one of Oregon / K-state loses.  Oregon has a tough road to go undefeated.  K-state has a relatively easy path.  Notre Dame has a slightly tougher path than K-state. 

My dream senario would be :Oregon: losing, :NotreDame: winning out, and :KansasState: winning out. 

Minnesota Sports Fan
UND Fighting Sioux

Offline Ghosts of ProFSL Past

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 02:32:18 PM »
I will be rooting for :Oregon: and :Georgia:

I loathe :KansasState:

Offline CRS245

• *Senior Staff
  • MVP

• 0_: :EPL13INVITEE: :NFL13INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :NHL12INVITEE: :NFL12INVITEE: :NBA12INVITEE: :MLB12INVITEE: :NFL11FINALIST: :NHL11INVITEE: :NBA11INVITEE: :MLB11INVITEE: :MLB10INVITEE: :MLB09CHAMP:
    • View Profile
    • ProFSL
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »
How would a one-loss Oregon compare to other one-loss teams?

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »
How would a one-loss Oregon compare to other one-loss teams?

Depends who else is one loss.

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 02:39:11 PM »
I would love to see :Alabama: vs :Oregon: . Top offense vs a top defense, but I wanna see somebody different than Bama

Offline Corey

• *Senior Staff
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 1157
    • :ATL:
    • :KAN:
    • :OKC:
    • :COL-NHL:
    • :Duke:
    • :England:

• 0_: :MLB12FINALIST: :MLB13INVITEE: :NBA12INVITEE: :NHL12INVITEE: :NFL12INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :NBA11INVITEE: :NFL11INVITEE: :MLB11INVITEE:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 03:15:09 PM »
:Georgia: is the most overrated team in the top 10.

:KansasState: will lose tomorrow at Texas.

:Oregon: will win out

:NotreDame: will fall at USC

:Oregon: vs :Alabama: for the title even tho Bama doesnt doesnt deserve to be there.

Offline CRS245

• *Senior Staff
  • MVP

• View Profile
    • ProFSL
NCAA National Title Predictions & Scenarios
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 04:22:52 PM »
How doesn't Alabama deserve it over other one-loss teams?

Offline Mike

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS:
    • :MIA:
    • :Marshall:

• 0_: :NFL13INVITEE: :MLB13INVITEE: :MLB11INVITEE:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 05:47:56 PM »

:Oregon: vs :Alabama: for the title

That is who I think plays for it too..even if Notre Dame wins out I see Bama leaping them..also KSU will lose a game.
"The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

Offline CRS245

• *Senior Staff
  • MVP

• View Profile
    • ProFSL
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 11:01:57 AM »
Ranked according to BCS...

1) :NotreDame: Notre Dame (11-0) - All they have to do is beat the USC Trojans who are without Matt Barkley.  This has fallen into Notre Dame's lap and it is theirs to lose.

2) :Alabama: Alabama (10-1) - What Bama needed happened in one week.  Now they just need to beat Auburn and win the SEC.

3) :Georgia: Georgia (10-1) - Georgia is now in control of their national championship hopes.  What one week can do a team's chances!

4) :Oregon: Oregon (10-1) - Oregon will need to travel and beat Oregon State on the road in the "Civil War", hope UCLA beats Stanford, and then beat UCLA in the PAC-12 Championship game.  It was a tough road last week and now it is an outside shot despite their BCS ranking.

5) :FloridaState: Florida State (10-1) - The Seminoles climbed from 10th to 5th in the BCS in one week thanks to some upsets.  Oregon isn't a barrier to their entry to the top two spots.  What they need are for Alabama and Georgia to both finish with two losses which wouldn't be too shocking in a strong SEC.

6) :Florida: Florida (10-1) - Florida needs the same as what Florida State needs and which one survives to have their National Title chances continue will depend on who wins this weekend. Still, no SEC title isn't favorable to their end of season ranking.  Still, the rankings wouldn't be too friendly to Florida as they won't win the SEC.  The only way I see them getting in is teams fall in front of them and one of them must be Notre Dame.

8) :KansasState: Kansas State (10-1) - The Wildcats lost a road game big-time to Baylor and now need to beat Texas.  They'll need the SEC to rip each other and Oregon's ranking fall.  They went from having very few roadblocks last week to having quite a few this week.

Clemson is out of the hunt as they needed Florida State to lose to Maryland.  Seven teams are all in the hunt.   It's tough to include Oregon if they don't win the Pac-12.  If the SEC teams ripped each other apart then Kansas State could shoot back up the rankings by winning the Big XII.  In the event that it happens, if I am a voter, I would rank a two-loss SEC champion over a one-loss non-champion Oregon any day.  I am removing them from this list if Stanford beats UCLA this weekend.