Author Topic: 5th Down: Week 10  (Read 776 times)

Offline Philly Girl

• *Staff
  • All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI:
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :Blank:

• 0_: :EPL13INVITEE: :NFL13INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :MLB10INVITEE:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :NFL:
5th Down: Week 10
« on: November 08, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »
The 5th Down Blog is designed to help you, the fantasy owner, on whom to start, sit, and who we pick as a sleeper for the week. Each week, we will take turns doing a position for the week. Feedback is always welcome as we love to discuss football!

Is Luck Needed to Win? / Courtesy of USA Today

Check out past postings of the 5th Down for each week: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Quarterback - Philly Girl

Must Start: Andrew Luck :IND: vs. :JAC:
Luck has thrown for over 300 yards three times and broke the NFL record for passing yards by a QB in a game with 433 last weekend. He is not playing like a rookie, he is playing like seasoned veteran and now he can feast on Jacksonville's D. Granted, the Colts are the Jags only win this season but that was against a different team, a different Luck.
Other Must Starts: Tony Romo, Carson Palmer

Must Sit: Matt Shaub :HOU-NFL: vs :CHI:
I believe that the Texans are the real deal however they are going up against the best D in the league and have a stellar back in Foster. The numbers this week will not be there for Schaub, even as a bye-week fill for Rodgers, and any QB against :CHI: is a must sit.
Other Must Sits: Jay Cutler, Philip Rivers

Sleeper: Josh Freeman :TAM: vs :SDG:
Freeman has lit up the box score as of late with 1,247 passing yards, 11 touchdowns and just one interception in the last four games. With Vincent Jackson looking to have some fun against his old team, Freeman should have another great week.
Other Sleepers: Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill

Running Back - ProFSL

Must Start: Jacquiz Rogers :ATL-NFL: vs :NO:
In leagues that value all-purpose yardage as well as PPR, Rogers is a gold mine of a start this week.  He is receiving regular reps behind Michael the Burner Turner.  He is actively involved in the return game and has a few catches per game.  Look for his production to go up this week against a horrible Saints' defense that cannot stop anything.

Must Sit: Jamaal Charles :KAN: vs. :PIT-NFL:
The Chiefs RB took a hard hit last week but will be playing against the Steelers on MNF.  I don't like gambling fantasy starters with injuries headed into MNF, and I also don't like to play RBs against the Steelers-D.  Their strength is locking up their opponents' rushing attack and they are one of the best in the league.  The Steelers are a hot team right now and will force the Chiefs to be in a one-dimensional offense by the end of the second quarter.

Sleeper: Vick Ballard :IND: vs. :JAC:
We saw what Ballard can do in last week's game.  The Colts play the soft Jaguars-D and Ballard may even start again with Donald Brown still ailing.  Even if Brown plays, Ballard is sure to receive plenty of opportunities as Luck and the Colts look to go 6-3.

Wide Receivers - JMAC

Must Start: Vincent Jackson :TAM: vs :SDG:
Look for him to have a very nice game vs his former team. SD is vulnerable to the big play and VJAX is a master of it. Not a good combo for Charger fans this week :(
Other Must Starts: Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall

Must Sit: Dwayne Bowe :KAN: vs :PIT-NFL:
Pit contained Cruz and Nicks last week, and look for them to do the same vs Bowe and KC's anemic offense
Other Must Sit: Michael Crabtree

Sleeper:  Denarius Moore  :OAK-NFL: vs :BAL-NFL:
With DMAC sidelined and the running game non existent, look for Palmer to pass early and often and Moore to be the beneficiary.
Other Sleeper: Malcom Floyd

Tight Ends - Mike

Must Start: Heath Miller :PIT-NFL: vs. :KAN:
He's having a great year, and the Chiefs aren't stopping anyone, I look for Miller to get all the looks Brown would have gotten.
Other Must Starts: Jared Cook, Jason Witten, Tony Gonzalez

Must Sit: Kyle Rudolph :MIN-NFL: vs. :DET-NFL:
He's gone missing, as has Ponder, with Harvin hurt I could see him coming back to life, but you just can't trust him right now.
Other Must Sits:Owen Daniels, Brett Celek, Dustin Keller

Sleeper: Jermaine Gresham :CIN-NFL: vs. :NYG:
See how the Giants got owned by Jason Witten two weeks ago..I could see Gresham having his best game of the season.
Other Sleepers:Zach Miller(SEA), Brandon Myers, Dewayne Allen

Defense - Philly Girl

Must Start: :SEA-NFL: vs :NYJ:
The Seahawks rank fourth in total defense and third in scoring defense. This week they take on the miserable Jets and their 27th ranked offense.

Must Sit: :BUF: vs. :NE:
Despite the high expectations this season for the Buffalo D, they play NE this week. IN week 4, the Patriots scored 45 points on this D in under 25 minutes. After their bye-week, I expect the Patriots to put up the same if not more throughout the game.

Sleeper: :IND: vs. :JAC:
The Colts have allowed 15.3 points per game during their three-game winning streak and they take on the worst offense in the league with an average score of 14.6 this season.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:38:39 PM by ProFSL »
"They read their sports pages, know their statistics and either root like hell or boo our butts off. I love it. Give me vocal fans, pro or con, over the tourist types who show up in Houston or Montreal and just sit there." óMike Schmidt, Hall of Fame third baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies :PHI:

Offline Mike

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS:
    • :MIA:
    • :Marshall:

• 0_: :NFL13INVITEE: :MLB13INVITEE: :MLB11INVITEE:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :MLB:
Re: 5th Down: Week 10
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 01:29:19 PM »
We should go back and grade these each week..seems JMAC has been the best so far..but that is just at a quick glance.
"The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

Offline Philly Girl

• *Staff
  • All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI:
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:

• 0_: :EPL13INVITEE: :NFL13INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :MLB10INVITEE:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :NFL:
5th Down: Week 10
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 08:09:34 PM »
We should go back and grade these each week..seems JMAC has been the best so far..but that is just at a quick glance.

We could always compare these to the top 12-24-36 starter rankings per each week.
"They read their sports pages, know their statistics and either root like hell or boo our butts off. I love it. Give me vocal fans, pro or con, over the tourist types who show up in Houston or Montreal and just sit there." óMike Schmidt, Hall of Fame third baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies :PHI:

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

ProFSL Fantasy Sports

Community Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Corey: 10 games previous season and/or 10 for current season - for hitters
    Today at 09:40:32 PM
  • Corey: for pitchers i dont remember but its in the position eligibility part of the rules
    Today at 09:40:50 PM
  • Ace: sorry i meant for extension; fantrax lists my guy as a 3b but he's playing 2b atm
    Today at 09:41:25 PM
  • Corey: Springer, Teheran Gomez were the top 3 on my board
    Today at 09:41:44 PM
  • Ace: i guess that makes it obvious who i'm taking
    Today at 09:42:01 PM
  • Corey: I plead the 5th
    Today at 09:46:44 PM
  • patjossom: idk who post it up Ace!
    Today at 09:48:35 PM
  • Ace: is there a rule though, depending on which way the draft and fa go 2b could be a lot more expensive than 3b
    Today at 09:49:21 PM
  • Corey: If a player is eligible at multiple positions he gets paid the highest annual salary
    Today at 09:50:31 PM
  • Ace: thx
    Today at 09:51:09 PM
  • Ace: my guy is p-2016, hint hint pat; will 2015 be the earliest i can extend him (basically will re-signings open in 2014?)
    Today at 09:52:38 PM
  • Corey: 2b and SS will very expensive resigns. Considering, Hanley and Altuve start as FA
    Today at 09:52:45 PM
  • Corey: They will be expensive
    Today at 09:53:01 PM
  • Corey: Ace, no it will be after our FA which is in January
    Today at 09:53:18 PM
  • scottnva: did he play at Rice?
    Today at 09:53:25 PM
  • Ace: ok, altuve has a contract to 2019 btw
    Today at 09:54:24 PM
  • Ace: yup scott
    Today at 09:55:18 PM
  • patjossom: oh that give it away...
    Today at 09:55:49 PM
  • Ace: sorry for all the q's; last one and i'll draft: does the extensions get added onto the spec contract or replace it?
    Today at 09:56:08 PM
  • Corey: Extension thats right
    Today at 09:56:22 PM
  • Corey: replace it
    Today at 09:56:33 PM
  • Ace: so my p-2016 guy, extended in 2015 would keep his spec for 2015 but 2016-2020 would be @ 50% of his market value per rules [link]
    Today at 10:01:01 PM
  • Corey: Tubbs you will be up very soon.
    Today at 10:01:02 PM
  • Corey: Yes Ace exactly corrent
    Today at 10:01:14 PM
  • Corey: correct.
    Today at 10:01:20 PM
  • Corey: My guy is ready is Tubbs so Ace and I will knock ours out very quickly
    Today at 10:01:35 PM
  • Ace: drafted
    Today at 10:02:04 PM
  • Corey: Id be shocked if we weren't at pick 24 or 25 after tonight
    Today at 10:02:07 PM
  • Corey: Tubbs your up
    Today at 10:02:56 PM
  • Orange Country: Atluve, did not see that coming
    Today at 10:04:48 PM
  • Orange Country: Rendon solid pick
    Today at 10:04:56 PM
  • patjossom: solid Ace
    Today at 10:05:27 PM
  • patjossom: like the altuve pick!!
    Today at 10:05:52 PM
  • Orange Country: who would have thought 2 :HOU2: go in the 1st
    Today at 10:06:36 PM
  • patjossom: well i  was hopeing hed make back around
    Today at 10:07:23 PM
  • patjossom: lol
    Today at 10:07:34 PM
  • Corey: Well Rendon was 4 on my board, my 4 guys went in the 5 picks ahead of me
    Today at 10:08:28 PM
  • Orange Country: looks like BTL has a waiting list now
    Today at 10:10:16 PM
  • Corey: Not yet. I got Nick in. We had a guy that was overwhelmed and wanted replaced lol
    Today at 10:11:36 PM
  • Tubbs: Ok. Posted. Castro
    Today at 10:12:20 PM
  • Ace: altuve was a nice under slot pick
    Today at 10:12:31 PM
  • Orange Country: what team is he taking
    Today at 10:12:38 PM
  • Ace: 2 cubs in 1st
    Today at 10:13:17 PM
  • Corey: Scott your up
    Today at 10:13:49 PM
  • Ace: scott's angels otc
    Today at 10:14:09 PM
  • scottnva: consulting the ear room
    Today at 10:14:23 PM
  • Ace: is gills about?
    Today at 10:14:25 PM
  • Corey: I just text him, to get him on here
    Today at 10:16:56 PM
  • scottnva: gills is up
    Today at 10:25:55 PM
  • Ace: if one was always gonna be trout then i think i like the two hole the best
    Today at 10:30:13 PM

Forum Search